Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No job's for life 15:37 - Nov 14 with 4425 viewsborntogo

All this talk of Keith Hill having a 'job for life' is patronising to our football club and to us as supporters.
He, the same as all managers, stands or falls on the quality of performances and good results, neither of which we are having at the moment.
His latest crop of signings are, to a man, poor. He is persevering with failing tactics and team selection every game - in fact, so many games this season and towards the end of last season have felt like the SAME (boring) game, on repeat.
He fills his team with defensive midfielders and is surprised when we create almost naught. He is asking defenders who can't see or make a pass to play it out from the back. They are not ROTATING or RECYCLING the ball. They are passing it sideways and back to the keeper repeatedly - there is a world of difference.
We are a better team when we attack teams, give it a go, all that No Fear mantra. These days Hill plays to our weaknesses instead of our strengths. We have to beat his tactics and team selection before we beat the opposition.
I feel as low today as I did when Steve Parkin's reign came to an end or when we were hoofing it under Graham Barrow or scrapping it out with John Coleman. I think it's called disillusionment.
Admit it, how many of us thought we'd win the game once Wigan scored their first goal - or even score a goal?
No job's for life on 15:39 - Nov 14 with 3801 viewsDaleyBrent

Spot on.
No job's for life on 15:54 - Nov 14 with 3710 viewsstigmundo77

Great post. Somebody needed to say it
No job's for life on 15:54 - Nov 14 with 3707 viewsrochdale1987

Very well said, changes need to be made in Jan, and Hill needs to go back to basics and look back at the type of performances that brought us back into to league one and then achieved our highest ever finish last season. I don't like to say it but we are in danger of going backwards...
No job's for life on 15:57 - Nov 14 with 3669 viewsboromat

KH always says he's only 3 games away from the sack. From what I've seen so far on here there's been a lot of over reaction. Wigan are probably the best team we've seen this season and we're a bit of a misfit team at the minute with injuries and suspensions meaning we've struggled to play a consistent starting eleven yes we were poor on Tuesday but today we weren't as bad as people are making out. The positives were Camps, Tanser and Cannon was very good when moved into midfield. I think going forward things just aren't working at the minute but I'm sure we'll find our rhythm soon enough.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

No job's for life on 16:46 - Nov 14 with 3528 viewsborntogo

No job's for life on 15:57 - Nov 14 by boromat

KH always says he's only 3 games away from the sack. From what I've seen so far on here there's been a lot of over reaction. Wigan are probably the best team we've seen this season and we're a bit of a misfit team at the minute with injuries and suspensions meaning we've struggled to play a consistent starting eleven yes we were poor on Tuesday but today we weren't as bad as people are making out. The positives were Camps, Tanser and Cannon was very good when moved into midfield. I think going forward things just aren't working at the minute but I'm sure we'll find our rhythm soon enough.

He might have once said he considers himself 'three games from the sack' but do you think he really means that? His body language suggests otherwise. He has always given the impression of 'how lucky you are' to both the fans and the club. He is viewed by some Dale fans (many of them posters on this board) as talismanic - as if he is the only manager who could ever bring success to the club. So, he has developed a near-messianic complex, to which many Dale fans mistakenly give a mandate. Sure, he's owed a degree a loyalty for the promotions but it's not indefinite.
No job's for life on 17:00 - Nov 14 with 3471 viewsNinco

If people sat in the stands can see the problems, why can't a professional football manager? Whenever we get a corner, that buzz and excitement has gone as we don't score from corners any more. We can't defend from corners, we can't defend free kicks. That is why we are conceding goals, but we never see any improvement, so are they doing any training on corners and free kicks?

The defenders pass the ball back to the keeper all the time and he then boots it up to the other end. Most of the time it goes straight to an opposition player and they work it back down to our end again. What happened to short passes? If you play it short, you reach your man with your pass and if the other team haven't got the ball, they can't score.

Hill's answer today, when we went 2-0 down seemed to be to throw on 3 substitutes and just hope for the best. He didn't seem to have a clue about changing the tactics, tempo, formation etc.
No job's for life on 17:06 - Nov 14 with 3439 viewsTVOS1907

No job's for life on 17:00 - Nov 14 by Ninco

If people sat in the stands can see the problems, why can't a professional football manager? Whenever we get a corner, that buzz and excitement has gone as we don't score from corners any more. We can't defend from corners, we can't defend free kicks. That is why we are conceding goals, but we never see any improvement, so are they doing any training on corners and free kicks?

The defenders pass the ball back to the keeper all the time and he then boots it up to the other end. Most of the time it goes straight to an opposition player and they work it back down to our end again. What happened to short passes? If you play it short, you reach your man with your pass and if the other team haven't got the ball, they can't score.

Hill's answer today, when we went 2-0 down seemed to be to throw on 3 substitutes and just hope for the best. He didn't seem to have a clue about changing the tactics, tempo, formation etc.

While you have some valid points, we scored from a corner at Southend and at home to Swindon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No job's for life on 17:11 - Nov 14 with 3412 viewsLuke8686

No job's for life on 17:00 - Nov 14 by Ninco

I think a big part of our play has to come down to Wigan's tactics. They were pressing us high up the pitch right from the off today and not giving us a chance to play up from the back. They were forcing us to go back to Josh sometimes, especially in the first half. Second half they sat back a bit more and let us have more of the play in their final third, although we haven't that creative spark/magic to unlock a very well drilled defensive unit.

I don't go to Spotland often, in fact this is only the third time I've seen us play this season, but I think we're gonna be alright. We're defensively sound and once we get our key players back we will strengthen in midfield. We just need that bit of sharpness up front, which may well mean dipping into the transfer market in Jan, but whatever Keith decides to do I still have trust in him.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 17:13]
Login to get fewer ads

No job's for life on 17:42 - Nov 14 with 3308 viewsNinco

No job's for life on 17:06 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

While you have some valid points, we scored from a corner at Southend and at home to Swindon.

Two goals out of how ever many corners we have been awarded.
No job's for life on 17:48 - Nov 14 with 3272 viewsstigmundo77

Every team that presses us this season will beat us
No job's for life on 17:53 - Nov 14 with 3251 viewsTVOS1907

No job's for life on 17:42 - Nov 14 by Ninco

Two goals out of how ever many corners we have been awarded.

No idea and we know our corners aren't the best, but two of our last five goals have come from them.

I'd actually be interested to know how many goals are scored from corners throughout the Premier League and Football League, as I reckon it's probably not as many as people might think.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No job's for life on 18:20 - Nov 14 with 3148 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

The quote about it being like the second Steve Parkin spell is spot on!

My none Dale supporting mates pointed out how slow and unfit we looked!

Dunphy was on GMR stating again how being in L1 is as good as we can expect!

It might be but it is fr!gging boring!

KH has never been in this position with us where second season syndrome has kicked in, I am sure that he will find the answers, but since we sold Matt Done, it's as though no one can be arsed anymore.

I really do think that we need to do some shape shifting, just to create a bit of interest.

The same against bury and I do think it will be the last straw for a lot of fans!
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 18:23]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

No job's for life on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 3096 viewsVespa

Hilly is a God.

He has a job for life.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

No job's for life on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 3094 viewsstigmundo77

Another spot on post . Well said that man.
No job's for life on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 3090 viewsNafelad

No job's for life on 17:48 - Nov 14 by stigmundo77

Every team that presses us this season will beat us

Every team, that has pressed us this season, has beaten us!!

Topcat

No job's for life on 18:53 - Nov 14 with 3034 viewsTalkingSutty

No job's for life on 18:27 - Nov 14 by Vespa

Hilly is a God.

He has a job for life.

Best manager we've had i think. He doesnt get it right all the time and isnt everyones cup of tea but no matter what happens this season he's still the man.
No job's for life on 19:00 - Nov 14 with 3011 viewsfrenzied

Wigan looked like a championship team..organised,pacey.great movement..we were simply outplayed..plenty of endeavour but no vision, we looked as we are a bottom half league one side..plenty of teams with bigger budgets than ours languish below us....Hills the man make no mistake..or perhaps we should bring in a young progressive coach and see" weyre" that gets us
No job's for life on 19:49 - Nov 14 with 2949 viewsD_Dale

No job's for life on 17:53 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

No idea and we know our corners aren't the best, but two of our last five goals have come from them.

I'd actually be interested to know how many goals are scored from corners throughout the Premier League and Football League, as I reckon it's probably not as many as people might think.

There are stats on the percentage of corner kicks resulting in goals/percentage of goals resulting from corner kicks (Google those phrases). And the figures seem, as you reckon, lower than many might think.

There is a problem of definition: does the goal have to be scored by the first player to touch the ball after the kick? (if so that would rule out short corners and poor clearances by defenders)
No job's for life on 12:44 - Nov 15 with 2789 viewsWhiteyBFC

We've lost 8 on the bounce.

Cheer up you miserable lot.
No job's for life on 12:52 - Nov 15 with 2770 viewsmingthemerciless

No job's for life on 12:44 - Nov 15 by WhiteyBFC

Bowyer's available now.
No job's for life on 13:07 - Nov 15 with 2748 viewsSaxonDale

No job's for life on 12:44 - Nov 15 by WhiteyBFC

I'm not one for sacking managers but when does Johnson's position become untenable? Seems a rot has sunk in and from the outside it looks like there is very little evidence to suggest it could turn around any time soon. Eight straight defeats would leave pretty much any manager in football facing the sack and I find it amazing that a club with Barnsley's sacking record still has Johnson in charge given his recent spell.
No job's for life on 14:16 - Nov 15 with 2685 viewsSandyDale1907

It's simple choices to make for starting lineups and tactics but he dosent do them its really concerning...
No job's for life on 14:23 - Nov 15 with 2666 viewsWhiteyBFC

No job's for life on 13:07 - Nov 15 by SaxonDale

I'm not one for sacking managers but when does Johnson's position become untenable? Seems a rot has sunk in and from the outside it looks like there is very little evidence to suggest it could turn around any time soon. Eight straight defeats would leave pretty much any manager in football facing the sack and I find it amazing that a club with Barnsley's sacking record still has Johnson in charge given his recent spell.

Nobody knows/understands why he's still here.
No job's for life on 00:17 - Nov 16 with 2450 viewspioneer

No job's for life on 18:53 - Nov 14 by TalkingSutty

Best manager we've had i think. He doesnt get it right all the time and isnt everyones cup of tea but no matter what happens this season he's still the man.

I have posted on a separate thread about a previous manager Dick Connor, who kept us in the third tier for four seasons (and was sacked for that achievement). He needs to match that before anyone can claim he is the best.

Im not old enough to have seen the team in the 1920s but Jack Peart had us second and third in the third tier (when only the top team got promoted).

KH has yet to match the achievements of some previous managers, but he believes the propaganda.
No job's for life on 00:41 - Nov 16 with 2442 viewsdingdangblue

No job's for life on 00:17 - Nov 16 by pioneer

I have posted on a separate thread about a previous manager Dick Connor, who kept us in the third tier for four seasons (and was sacked for that achievement). He needs to match that before anyone can claim he is the best.

Im not old enough to have seen the team in the 1920s but Jack Peart had us second and third in the third tier (when only the top team got promoted).

KH has yet to match the achievements of some previous managers, but he believes the propaganda.

Did Dick Connor get us promoted twice and take us to Wembley? I'd say getting promoted is harder than avoiding relegation.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024