Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaffa Cake Joe 18:00 - Mar 18 with 4908 viewsSuddenLad

Joe Bunney was utterly knackered in the last 10 miutes and gave his everything. He was being fed Jaffa Cakes at regular intervals, just to keep the energy alive. Tremendous performace from him today.

As an aside, 'Mogadon' McNulty needs to shake off his lethargic attitude and get the bloody ball away instead of farting about on the edge of our box....he looks half asleep sometimes.

Luckily, we (just) got away with it today, but we might not next time.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 4431 viewsbazingadale

Yeh 4-1 "just"
Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 4420 viewssweetcorn

McNulty unfortunately isn't good enough for this level, he's one of the very few in our squad who arent up to it.

There were times in todays game I was dreaming of us signing Chris Hussey to see him off..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:10 - Mar 18 with 4386 viewsSuddenLad

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:05 - Mar 18 by bazingadale

Yeh 4-1 "just"

If you had been at the game, you would know exactly what I was talking about. Could you not get to The Den today ?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:13 - Mar 18 with 4352 views442Dale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:05 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

McNulty unfortunately isn't good enough for this level, he's one of the very few in our squad who arent up to it.

There were times in todays game I was dreaming of us signing Chris Hussey to see him off..

Hussey is terrible defensively.

McNulty is better than Canavan. Neither are as good as McGahey, Keane, Eastham.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 4319 viewsdingdangblue

We weren't lucky - we were fantastic. No need for slagging off today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:18 - Mar 18 with 4300 viewsShun

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:13 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Hussey is terrible defensively.

McNulty is better than Canavan. Neither are as good as McGahey, Keane, Eastham.

I think sweetcorn is alluding to the alleged Hussey/McNulty/someone's wife love triangle. I may be wrong though!
Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 4292 viewssweetcorn

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:15 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

We weren't lucky - we were fantastic. No need for slagging off today.

A win doesn't stop someone who's played bad exempt from criticism, that from mcnulty in the second half belongs on a christmas football gaffe dvd.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 4169 viewsbazingadale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:10 - Mar 18 by SuddenLad

If you had been at the game, you would know exactly what I was talking about. Could you not get to The Den today ?

I was at the game, and we had numerous chances to score 3 or 4 more. Gills had a couple of moments but I think we looked in control for the most part and Gillingham never looked liked getting anything from the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:51 - Mar 18 with 4117 viewsSuddenLad

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:43 - Mar 18 by bazingadale

I was at the game, and we had numerous chances to score 3 or 4 more. Gills had a couple of moments but I think we looked in control for the most part and Gillingham never looked liked getting anything from the game.

Not convinced you were there. You've read a few posts and come up with a brief resume which describes nothing. Try again.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:57 - Mar 18 with 4075 viewsDaley_Lama

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:19 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

A win doesn't stop someone who's played bad exempt from criticism, that from mcnulty in the second half belongs on a christmas football gaffe dvd.

Terrible from Jim, drop him from the squad, Gillingham would have scored from the resultant passage of play if their shot hadn't been blocked out for a corner with a valiant diving block by, erm ,Jim McNulty, give him an extended contract.

Poll: DF in or out

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 4073 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:51 - Mar 18 by SuddenLad

Not convinced you were there. You've read a few posts and come up with a brief resume which describes nothing. Try again.

I'm not that sad to try and do that. Maybe just accept the fact that I'm a Dale fan who enjoys winding people up on here
Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:00 - Mar 18 with 4046 views442Dale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:58 - Mar 18 by PaulHeymanGuy

I'm not that sad to try and do that. Maybe just accept the fact that I'm a Dale fan who enjoys winding people up on here

Oops.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:07 - Mar 18 with 3996 viewsSuddenLad

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:58 - Mar 18 by PaulHeymanGuy

More names tha a phone book...........

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:07 - Mar 18 with 3988 viewsboromat

Jim played very well today in the awkward right sided cb role until the last 20 minutes were he seed to completely lose the plot. McGahey was very good but partly at fault for there goal I thought. I'd rather see him central but does a job there when needed.

Great to see Joe back you can see what we've missed.

NML going forward was frightening again its a shame he can't consistently play at that level but I suppose that's why he's here. He seems to have good ends of seasons so here's hoping.

Hendo is back to his best he never stops.

Today's midfield 3 is our best! Noticeable when Lund went off.

Great result and a big game on Tuesday now, come on Dale let's keep this season alive!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:17 - Mar 18 with 3917 viewsdingdangblue

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:19 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

Good job you're not a Gills fan!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:21 - Mar 18 with 3886 viewsrochedale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:00 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Oops.

Does that mean that Paulhaymanguy and Bazingdale are the same person? 😀

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:28 - Mar 18 with 3825 viewsShun

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:00 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Oops.

Busted!

Good work, SuddenLad.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:41 - Mar 18 with 3738 viewsNinco

I don't understand how anyone can come on here and have a go at any of the players when they have just won 4-1. No player goes out on the pitch and intentionally plays badly. They all try their best and whilst some are not as good as others, that is down to Hill's low budget rather than Hill making bad signings. He puts together as best a team as he can with limited budgets. If people want to see top class players each week, go and watch premier league football and pay three times as much to watch it. If you come to watch Rochdale, you have to expect inconsistency as if any of those players were perfect every week, they would not be playing at our level. I often think of the players I used to see when I first started watching Dale in the early 1980s and if some of these moaners were around in those days, you would realise how the club has developed since those days. If anyone had offered me this squad at Dale in the 1980s, I would definitely have taken it. Some of the players read this board and they don't want to see all the negativity when they have just given their heart and won 4-1.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:48 - Mar 18 with 3692 views442Dale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:41 - Mar 18 by Ninco

I don't understand how anyone can come on here and have a go at any of the players when they have just won 4-1. No player goes out on the pitch and intentionally plays badly. They all try their best and whilst some are not as good as others, that is down to Hill's low budget rather than Hill making bad signings. He puts together as best a team as he can with limited budgets. If people want to see top class players each week, go and watch premier league football and pay three times as much to watch it. If you come to watch Rochdale, you have to expect inconsistency as if any of those players were perfect every week, they would not be playing at our level. I often think of the players I used to see when I first started watching Dale in the early 1980s and if some of these moaners were around in those days, you would realise how the club has developed since those days. If anyone had offered me this squad at Dale in the 1980s, I would definitely have taken it. Some of the players read this board and they don't want to see all the negativity when they have just given their heart and won 4-1.

To be fair, most of the criticism that has appeared on here has been constructive and justified. Quite a bit of it has centred around the way we've dealt with recruitment, missing players in terms of selection and tactics.

I agree with the sentiment though, the focus should be on a very good all-round team display.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:02 - Mar 18 with 3618 viewsJimmyRustler

Ridiculous. That's like saying that you're not allowed to single players out for praise when we get dicked. Despite us running out comfortable winners in the end today, it was easy to see why we've recently conceded so many poor goals.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:04 - Mar 18 with 3592 viewsdingdangblue

Not quite sure how Mc'Nulty getting caught in possession ONCE which led to absolutely nothing constitutes him having a bad game? Each to their own though - quite sad that after such a great win and some cracking goals all some people can do is pick faults.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:26 - Mar 18 with 3496 viewsjudd

Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:04 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Not quite sure how Mc'Nulty getting caught in possession ONCE which led to absolutely nothing constitutes him having a bad game? Each to their own though - quite sad that after such a great win and some cracking goals all some people can do is pick faults.

Spot on. I'm surprised the goal post hasn't been slaughtered. Bastard thing.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:48 - Mar 18 with 3408 viewsdingdangblue

Jaffa Cake Joe on 20:26 - Mar 18 by judd

Spot on. I'm surprised the goal post hasn't been slaughtered. Bastard thing.

Aye , useless inanimate tw@t! (That's the goalpost - not Jim)

Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:07 - Mar 18 with 3316 viewsCanaDale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:05 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

Jim McNulty played very well with Keane, I guess that partnership doesnt work now?
Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:10 - Mar 18 with 3303 viewsCanaDale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 18:43 - Mar 18 by bazingadale

Have you copied that from the BBC report.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024