Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers 21:38 - Sep 5 with 4035 viewsmacro

Last 5 homes (League) - well last 3

11/03/72 - Rochdale 2 Blackburn 1 - Att 6542
30/12/72 - Rochdale 0 Blackburn 1 - Att 5116
08/12/73 - Rochdale 1 Blackburn 2 - Att 3660

Blackburn last 5 aways

14/04/17 Nottingham Forest 0 Blackburn 1 (Hoban)
22/04/17 Wolves 0 Blackburn 0
07/05/17 Brentford 1 Blackburn 3 (Mulgrew, Guthrie, Conway)
05/08/17 Southend 2 Blackburn 1 (Mulgrew)
19/08/17 Bradford 0 Blackburn 1 (Samuel)

Rochdale last 5 homes

04/04/17 Rochdale 3(Lund, McDermott, Henderson) Port Vale 0
17/04/17 Rochdale 2 (Henderson 2) Coventry 0
30/04/17 Rochdale 1 (Lund) Bradford 1
12/08/17 Rochdale 1 (Davies) Scunthorpe 1
26/08/17 Rochdale 0 bury 0
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 9:05]
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 23:22 - Sep 5 with 3934 viewspioneer

That second league game should be dated 30 Dec 1972

The 1973 game was famous for a lee Brogden goal that went out through the side netting causing hell to be let loose and a pitch invasion. by Rovers 'fans'
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 08:53 - Sep 6 with 3818 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 23:22 - Sep 5 by pioneer

The 1973 game was famous for a lee Brogden goal that went out through the side netting causing hell to be let loose and a pitch invasion. by Rovers 'fans'

I have vague memories of that game. Was that the one were the referee sent a player off then changed his mind and brought him back on ?
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:17 - Sep 6 with 3789 viewsHopwoodblue

I thought it was an Alan Taylor lob over the keeper, the Blackburn fans got the ball and threw it up and down as though it had gone over the bar, we protested and had a player sent off, only for the ref to then speak to the linesman and check the netting, he then gave the goal and brought the player back on.
Its a long time ago and I had a season ticket in the old main stand back then, my memory might be playing tricks on me but that's how I remember it.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:23 - Sep 6 with 3773 viewssoulboy

From what i remember, some Blackburn fans, most of who were in the Sandy Lane, pulled the ball out of the net at the bottom and threw it into the crowd. I seem to recall Keith Bebbington being involved, he either scored the goal which was eventually given or he was the player sent off and brought back on.
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:24 - Sep 6 with 3774 viewsHopwoodblue

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:23 - Sep 6 by soulboy

From what i remember, some Blackburn fans, most of who were in the Sandy Lane, pulled the ball out of the net at the bottom and threw it into the crowd. I seem to recall Keith Bebbington being involved, he either scored the goal which was eventually given or he was the player sent off and brought back on.

He was the play sent off I think

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:24 - Sep 6 with 3774 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:17 - Sep 6 by Hopwoodblue

I thought it was an Alan Taylor lob over the keeper, the Blackburn fans got the ball and threw it up and down as though it had gone over the bar, we protested and had a player sent off, only for the ref to then speak to the linesman and check the netting, he then gave the goal and brought the player back on.
Its a long time ago and I had a season ticket in the old main stand back then, my memory might be playing tricks on me but that's how I remember it.

I was stood on that hill between the Church Inn end and the Main Stand so I didn't have the greatest view of the kerfuffle down at the Sandy Lane End. The argy bargy over it all lasted for ages. I was pretty sure the player was sent off and brought back on before he actually left the pitch.
Am I right in saying this was pre red card days so the referee just pointed the player towards the tunnel ? It was all a bit confusing. Presumably the player was sent off for something he said to the officials, rightfully or not, so he should have stayed sent off. Obviously the ref used a bit of common sense, can't see that happening now.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 9:31]
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:35 - Sep 6 with 3738 viewssoulboy

Must have taken some guts by the ref to award the goal as the ball was being thrown about in the Sandy Lane! Reminds me of the first game of 1975/76 at Reading when a Reading player hit the ball wide, hitting the stantion outside the net, rolled along the track yet the ref gave a goal!
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 3537 viewsHopwoodblue

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:35 - Sep 6 by soulboy

Must have taken some guts by the ref to award the goal as the ball was being thrown about in the Sandy Lane! Reminds me of the first game of 1975/76 at Reading when a Reading player hit the ball wide, hitting the stantion outside the net, rolled along the track yet the ref gave a goal!

Did Ron Springett not do the same when he played for Sheffield Wed ? Ball went in the net hit the Stantion bounced back out, he caught it and the ref gave a goal kick thinking it had gone wide and bounced back off the hoardings. That's a long time ago so it might not be correct

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 13:18 - Sep 6 with 3501 viewsdingdangblue

The most recent one I can remember was Freddie Sears at Crystal Palace

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 16:29 - Sep 6 with 3374 viewsRosun

Wasn't there a Mark Hughes one similar?
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 19:23 - Sep 6 with 3245 viewsShun

I didn't realise Bradley Dack now played for them. I'm again hoping for a 93rd winner deflected off his fat arse.

Realistically though with the horrendous absentee list we currently have I'd be happy with a point from any game we play. Hopefully the meningitis has been eradicated and players are recovering well from both that and whatever other injuries we had, and we can finally begin our season.
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 19:45 - Sep 6 with 3227 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 19:23 - Sep 6 by Shun

I didn't realise Bradley Dack now played for them. I'm again hoping for a 93rd winner deflected off his fat arse.

Realistically though with the horrendous absentee list we currently have I'd be happy with a point from any game we play. Hopefully the meningitis has been eradicated and players are recovering well from both that and whatever other injuries we had, and we can finally begin our season.

Similar thoughts as you

The thing about meningitis is, it's not something you can just brush off like a cold, it can be pretty debilitating and energy levels can be depleted for some time, depending on severity of course. In most cases, it's a blessing if it's picked up and treated early, which hopefully will have applied to Camps, because the alternative isn't worth thinking about

We need to dig in for the time being because I don't think we're through the injury/illness cycle just yet, and that includes the fans. The team need us right now, possibly more than at any stage I can remember since Hilly took charge

Such a shame that events behind the scenes are causing disruption, but once the lads take to the pitch we should be 100% behind them, even those players we might consider marginal in terms of the abilities we've become used to under Hilly. They'll all be giving 100% and trying to prove themselves

That's also why the trolls will get jumped on, and from a great height

[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 19:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 19:56 - Sep 6 with 3201 viewsShun

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 19:45 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Similar thoughts as you

The thing about meningitis is, it's not something you can just brush off like a cold, it can be pretty debilitating and energy levels can be depleted for some time, depending on severity of course. In most cases, it's a blessing if it's picked up and treated early, which hopefully will have applied to Camps, because the alternative isn't worth thinking about

We need to dig in for the time being because I don't think we're through the injury/illness cycle just yet, and that includes the fans. The team need us right now, possibly more than at any stage I can remember since Hilly took charge

Such a shame that events behind the scenes are causing disruption, but once the lads take to the pitch we should be 100% behind them, even those players we might consider marginal in terms of the abilities we've become used to under Hilly. They'll all be giving 100% and trying to prove themselves

That's also why the trolls will get jumped on, and from a great height

[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 19:52]

Absolutely. Meningitis can be extremely debilitating, which is why I doubt the squad will be anywhere near full strength for a while. Although that just makes it all the more frustrating when other players stupidly get themselves suspended.

If the remaining fit players can show the grit that was on display against Southend then I'll be content with that.
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:49 - Sep 6 with 3138 viewsTVOS1907

This isn't the best image, but you get the gist of it.

[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:19]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:58 - Sep 6 with 3091 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:49 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

This isn't the best image, but you get the gist of it.

[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:19]

[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 21:00]

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 23:18 - Sep 6 with 2994 viewspioneer

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 09:17 - Sep 6 by Hopwoodblue

it was definitely Brogden who scored. Qouting from the observer report

"in an astonishing four minute period referee Raby awarded a goal to Rochdale, disallowed it and after consulting his linesmanlet it stand.He also sent off Captain Keith Bebbington then reprieved him. It was Lee Brogdens goal that started the rumpus. All Brogden did was hit a superb hook shot into the roof of the net after Alan Taylor had forced Rovers John Waddington into a mistake. It was a clear goal..."

rovers fans in the sandy lane had pulled the ball out of the net through some loose netting and then claimed it hadnt gone in. As well as Bebbingtons dismissal being reversed Leo Skeete was booked and then had the booking rescinded.

In addition to violence from Rovers fans in the stadium at half time, including storming the directors box, They went on the rampage after the game smashing windoms and damaging property around the neighbourhood.

lets hope for a better result and better behaviour this weekend.
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 11:22 - Sep 7 with 2860 viewssoulboy

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:58 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 21:00]

McLeans spying mission was well worth it!............
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 12:29 - Sep 7 with 2797 viewsHopwoodblue

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 23:18 - Sep 6 by pioneer

it was definitely Brogden who scored. Qouting from the observer report

"in an astonishing four minute period referee Raby awarded a goal to Rochdale, disallowed it and after consulting his linesmanlet it stand.He also sent off Captain Keith Bebbington then reprieved him. It was Lee Brogdens goal that started the rumpus. All Brogden did was hit a superb hook shot into the roof of the net after Alan Taylor had forced Rovers John Waddington into a mistake. It was a clear goal..."

rovers fans in the sandy lane had pulled the ball out of the net through some loose netting and then claimed it hadnt gone in. As well as Bebbingtons dismissal being reversed Leo Skeete was booked and then had the booking rescinded.

In addition to violence from Rovers fans in the stadium at half time, including storming the directors box, They went on the rampage after the game smashing windoms and damaging property around the neighbourhood.

lets hope for a better result and better behaviour this weekend.

Thanks for clearing that up Pioneer.

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 13:22 - Sep 7 with 2725 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 11:22 - Sep 7 by soulboy

McLeans spying mission was well worth it!............

Don't soulboy, I still have nightmares about that replay

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 18:42 - Sep 7 with 2536 viewspioneer

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 13:22 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

Don't soulboy, I still have nightmares about that replay

Just think what the score would have been if Gus hadn't spied on them!
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:51 - Sep 7 with 2435 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 18:42 - Sep 7 by pioneer

Just think what the score would have been if Gus hadn't spied on them!

The most spineless capitulation i've ever witnessed at any sporting event

Maybe McLean's spying worked against us. We'd have been better off losing at Grantham instead of having to suffer that replay, on a dismal midweek winter afternoon when the lights went out on all the hope generated in 1969, and the country as a whole was being plunged into gloom during the 3-day week

I'd missed the Blackburn fixture due to a Saturday job at a butchers (Wildblood's on Milkstone Rd) in fact I missed a good chunk of that season, which was a blessing

One of his sons went on to play cricket for Norden, and I believe there's still a shop near the ground called Wildbloods

[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:53]

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:56 - Sep 7 with 2424 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:51 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

The most spineless capitulation i've ever witnessed at any sporting event

Maybe McLean's spying worked against us. We'd have been better off losing at Grantham instead of having to suffer that replay, on a dismal midweek winter afternoon when the lights went out on all the hope generated in 1969, and the country as a whole was being plunged into gloom during the 3-day week

I'd missed the Blackburn fixture due to a Saturday job at a butchers (Wildblood's on Milkstone Rd) in fact I missed a good chunk of that season, which was a blessing

One of his sons went on to play cricket for Norden, and I believe there's still a shop near the ground called Wildbloods

[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:53]

Just to cheer you up...

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 21:02 - Sep 7 with 2409 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 20:56 - Sep 7 by TVOS1907

Just to cheer you up...

Nothing that's happened (on the pitch) since then could come close to the awfulness of that debacle, which is actually quite cheering!

Some of our younger fans should have to watch summat like that, they'd soon stop posting dire nonsense about our current team

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 21:15 - Sep 7 with 2384 viewssoulboy

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 21:02 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

Nothing that's happened (on the pitch) since then could come close to the awfulness of that debacle, which is actually quite cheering!

Some of our younger fans should have to watch summat like that, they'd soon stop posting dire nonsense about our current team

Yes, a debacle if ever there was one! I could remember us being 3 1 up with about 20 mins left, but had forgotten we were 2 0 up after 8 mins! At least it meant we could concentrate on the league...
Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 23:10 - Sep 7 with 2280 viewspioneer

Rochdale v Blackburn Rovers on 21:15 - Sep 7 by soulboy

Yes, a debacle if ever there was one! I could remember us being 3 1 up with about 20 mins left, but had forgotten we were 2 0 up after 8 mins! At least it meant we could concentrate on the league...

And a lot of good that did!

At least we had no problems with tannoy announcers that season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024