Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 10:30 - Dec 15 with 5672 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm trying hard to muster any sort of enthusiasm for the game on Saturday, can't remember the last time I felt as unenthusiastic as this. I need a big win to cheer me up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is it just me? on 11:27 - Dec 15 with 3944 viewsdeeplishblue

Our home record is still pretty good. If we can win this and the Walsall game then that will relieve the pressure for a little while.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Is it just me? on 12:17 - Dec 15 with 3856 viewsrochdale_ranger

We played well against Peterborough and won. We put Slough to bed easily enough, we also played well against automatic promotion contenders Bradford despite gifting them two easy goals from set pieces. Its just you.
Is it just me? on 12:38 - Dec 15 with 3820 viewsdawlishdale

I too am struggling to raise my usual levels of enthusiasm this season. I've already missed more games than in the whole of last season, but I'm coming up for tomorrows game and then staying all over Xmas, so hopefully will get to all the games.

I hate to say it but I think my passion was dealt a big blow with the contract extension given to Jim in Summer, and further reduced when we sold Jamie Allen at a time when Camps was seriously ill. This, plus witnessing at close quarters the sheer unprofessional manner in which one of our Directors told season ticket holders not to bother coming back at the first home game all adds up.

It is still my team though, and I'm still looking forward to being there tomorrow, although not expecting an easy game after what they did to us last time.
Is it just me? on 13:26 - Dec 15 with 3759 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 12:17 - Dec 15 by rochdale_ranger

We played well against Peterborough and won. We put Slough to bed easily enough, we also played well against automatic promotion contenders Bradford despite gifting them two easy goals from set pieces. Its just you.

Well the crowd tomorrow should give an indication it isn't just me, I missed the Peterborough game through holidays and the Bradford defensive horror show put a downer on last weekend, so I am hoping that my weekend remains cheery after 5 on sat

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is it just me? on 13:27 - Dec 15 with 3752 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 11:27 - Dec 15 by deeplishblue

Our home record is still pretty good. If we can win this and the Walsall game then that will relieve the pressure for a little while.

Here's hoping

Is it just me? on 13:35 - Dec 15 with 3734 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 13:27 - Dec 15 by rochdaleriddler

Here's hoping

Hope so too, rr

Thing is, we're in a battle and that makes these games more interesting (to me, at least) than if we were in comfortable mid-table

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it just me? on 13:59 - Dec 15 with 3679 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 13:35 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Hope so too, rr

Thing is, we're in a battle and that makes these games more interesting (to me, at least) than if we were in comfortable mid-table

I'll try and see it like that when our defenders give silly opportunities to oxford tomorrow, I must take some happy pills and a stiff drink tomorrow to get me in the mood!

Is it just me? on 14:04 - Dec 15 with 3668 viewsDaleiLama

Is it just me? on 13:59 - Dec 15 by rochdaleriddler

I'll try and see it like that when our defenders give silly opportunities to oxford tomorrow, I must take some happy pills and a stiff drink tomorrow to get me in the mood!

Pils?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 15:05 - Dec 15 with 3588 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 14:04 - Dec 15 by DaleiLama

Pils?

Bit cold for that!

Is it just me? on 15:47 - Dec 15 with 3524 viewschalkyncfc

I'm lovin' this season
Is it just me? on 16:08 - Dec 15 with 3471 viewsShun

Is it just me? on 12:17 - Dec 15 by rochdale_ranger

I agree with the general gist of that, we've actually been playing pretty well lately, and now that we're scoring goals again games are far more exciting than the defensive 1 goal losses we were seeing earlier in the season. Plus, we owe this lot after the humbling way they halted our fantastic home winning run last season!
Is it just me? on 17:16 - Dec 15 with 3337 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is it just me? on 12:38 - Dec 15 by dawlishdale

I too am struggling to raise my usual levels of enthusiasm this season. I've already missed more games than in the whole of last season, but I'm coming up for tomorrows game and then staying all over Xmas, so hopefully will get to all the games.

I hate to say it but I think my passion was dealt a big blow with the contract extension given to Jim in Summer, and further reduced when we sold Jamie Allen at a time when Camps was seriously ill. This, plus witnessing at close quarters the sheer unprofessional manner in which one of our Directors told season ticket holders not to bother coming back at the first home game all adds up.

It is still my team though, and I'm still looking forward to being there tomorrow, although not expecting an easy game after what they did to us last time.

Always remember one thing Dawlish........the Club will still be here when the people you mention will be long gone.

Stay cool.
Is it just me? on 19:12 - Dec 15 with 3172 viewsdingdangblue

Looking forward to it. Can't be any worse than last season! 0-4 ending our 10 game winning streak at home.
Has there been any news on Bunney or was he suspended last week?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is it just me? on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 3121 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/injury-update-15.12.17/

Is this the first we've been told about MJWilliams? Who knew Canavan was injured?

Really not hard to provide updates on things like this, it helps fans appreciate the situation better. #teamrochdale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it just me? on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 3041 viewsTVOS1907

Is it just me? on 19:12 - Dec 15 by dingdangblue

Looking forward to it. Can't be any worse than last season! 0-4 ending our 10 game winning streak at home.
Has there been any news on Bunney or was he suspended last week?

He's already served a suspension for yellow cards, missing the FA Cup tie v Bromley.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it just me? on 21:45 - Dec 15 with 2936 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is that "Goodbye and Thank You" to MJW.........?
Is it just me? on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 2903 viewslove_the_dale

Is it just me? on 19:29 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/injury-update-15.12.17/

Is this the first we've been told about MJWilliams? Who knew Canavan was injured?

Really not hard to provide updates on things like this, it helps fans appreciate the situation better. #teamrochdale

Absolutely. We were told about KK's operation (eventually), but would it have been so hard to tell us about MJW's and NC's injuries? Was it going to affect any plans future opponents might have had?!
Is it just me? on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 2886 viewslove_the_dale

WRT the original post - almost, I would imagine.
Is it just me? on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 2868 views442Dale

Is it just me? on 22:03 - Dec 15 by love_the_dale

Absolutely. We were told about KK's operation (eventually), but would it have been so hard to tell us about MJW's and NC's injuries? Was it going to affect any plans future opponents might have had?!

We know the answer. It happens time and again and yet any "secrecy" is lost because some can't help but give out info to show they're in the know.

It's all rather amusing really.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it just me? on 22:22 - Dec 15 with 2856 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 22:17 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

We know the answer. It happens time and again and yet any "secrecy" is lost because some can't help but give out info to show they're in the know.

It's all rather amusing really.

I find it a bit sad, the people at the club know, but want to keep info to themselves, and then complain about a disconnect with the fans. Premier league teams tell the media what is going on with injuries, we get told months after the event. Not good enough

Is it just me? on 22:31 - Dec 15 with 2838 viewsD_Alien

Amusing? Sad?

Nah, I put it down to sheer incompetence

I couldn't give a shite if MJWilliams is a "fine young man" - there's plenty of them about. Clearly, Hill doesn't care either, or he'd have put that message out sooner

Is it just me? on 22:43 - Dec 15 with 2803 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 22:31 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Amusing? Sad?

Nah, I put it down to sheer incompetence

I couldn't give a shite if MJWilliams is a "fine young man" - there's plenty of them about. Clearly, Hill doesn't care either, or he'd have put that message out sooner

Amusad that's it, we truly are mushrooms as fans, several of us have moaned about this, it's not incompetence it's the will of the club to keep fans in the dark, so we can sit there on match day and speculate about team selection. It proper pisses me off

Is it just me? on 22:45 - Dec 15 with 2791 viewsTVOS1907

Is it just me? on 22:43 - Dec 15 by rochdaleriddler

Amusad that's it, we truly are mushrooms as fans, several of us have moaned about this, it's not incompetence it's the will of the club to keep fans in the dark, so we can sit there on match day and speculate about team selection. It proper pisses me off

I've heard you're a fun guy, riddler....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it just me? on 22:50 - Dec 15 with 2783 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 22:43 - Dec 15 by rochdaleriddler

It's a specific form of incompetence

The failure to understand that the interests of fans are the interests of the club, as well as vice versa

Any deliberate attempt to keep information which is in the interests of fans stems from that incompetence

Is it just me? on 22:53 - Dec 15 with 2778 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 22:45 - Dec 15 by TVOS1907

I've heard you're a fun guy, riddler....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024