Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy to remain in League 1... 09:35 - Jan 13 with 2619 viewsrochdaleest1907

I've been a fan for many many years, more than most but not as long as others maybe. My impression is that the aim is only to stay in League 1. If we'd managed a cup run things would be more relaxed, secure for next season. As it is, be practical, we're a very low budget club, Hill's hands are tied and in the end if we survive and remain in League 1 this season it's probably the level we are at. The only way we will move up is with a consistent, throwaway cash injection. Maybe the new board will be the ones to break the bank. Accept that we are a fantastic small club, one with pride and history and support through the thin bits as well as the thick.

AllHailTheMightyDale.

daveofthedale

Happy to remain in League 1... on 14:22 - Jan 13 with 2401 viewsMancDale

Agree with that. Realistically without major investment we're unlikely to be challenging at the top of league one every year. That doesn't mean we can't aim high or that we'll never make it. Just means that the odds will always be against us.

From an entertainment point of view we'd be better off being a yoyo club between league one and two than just fighting for survival every year. If we could do that and keep the focus on developing the young players then I'll be happy.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 14:51 - Jan 13 with 2356 viewsFrog

Happy to remain in League 1... on 14:22 - Jan 13 by MancDale

Agree with that. Realistically without major investment we're unlikely to be challenging at the top of league one every year. That doesn't mean we can't aim high or that we'll never make it. Just means that the odds will always be against us.

From an entertainment point of view we'd be better off being a yoyo club between league one and two than just fighting for survival every year. If we could do that and keep the focus on developing the young players then I'll be happy.

I don't think the majority of fans expect to see us challenging for promotion, maybe a sniff at the play offs, but the way in which the team is set up and performances over the last 18 months is the bug bear. Poor tactics, poor signings and bizarre team selections are what pee me off, I'm sick of it.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 2263 viewspioneer

Why oh why can we not dream. Burton managed it witout going bust and there crowds are not that much bigger than ours. We dont have to expect it but we should not be excluding it from our goals.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 17:21 - Jan 13 with 2147 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Happy to remain in League 1... on 15:37 - Jan 13 by pioneer

Why oh why can we not dream. Burton managed it witout going bust and there crowds are not that much bigger than ours. We dont have to expect it but we should not be excluding it from our goals.

Yes why not......only a couple of seasons ago we were right on the edge of the play-offs,I know we would n't have gone up that way but it might have added a bit of spice to the end of the campaign and got us some more loot.

Dream on
Happy to remain in League 1... on 19:13 - Jan 13 with 2024 viewsVivaDonaldo

My opinion is that people have a real disconnect between ambition and realism.

I have no doubt that our board to a man/woman would hold ambitions to see Dale in the 2nd tier. However this has to be tempered with the reality of our situation and long term thinking.

There is no guarantee that money equals success at any level, much so ours and the realistic aim of staying in league one is above our natural level.

The one thing I think fans won't accept is a lack of fight and consistently not competing in games. This is why tempers and attitudes have flared following the recent results.

I would call for calm. The performance yesterday showed improvement, the recruitment in the last couple of signings has been a level above what most supporters will have expected and fans would be kidding themselves if they don't think Hill is aware of shortcomings at LB and in the striker position and I'd wager he's obsessing over fixing that.

Our board will back him, but only to the point that they are able.

Chris Dunphy often said he considered himself a "custodian" of the football club.

It's crucial that any development is carefully planned and considered so that there is a league club for future generations to enjoy.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 19:48 - Jan 13 with 1955 viewschalky_ncfc

You should see life in League One as a success
Alan Hardy stated on Twitter that he's pumped £9million into Notts trying to get where you are now and look where we are,I honestly believe that there's a strong chance of us going down and if we do then it's going to take years to get back and he will probably walk
Forget who is in front at the beginning of every season and just look who's behind right from the start and we long as you stay up you have won and that's all that matters

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Happy to remain in League 1... on 22:12 - Jan 13 with 1822 viewspioneer

Happy to remain in League 1... on 19:48 - Jan 13 by chalky_ncfc

You should see life in League One as a success
Alan Hardy stated on Twitter that he's pumped £9million into Notts trying to get where you are now and look where we are,I honestly believe that there's a strong chance of us going down and if we do then it's going to take years to get back and he will probably walk
Forget who is in front at the beginning of every season and just look who's behind right from the start and we long as you stay up you have won and that's all that matters

Whats this got to do with you...fook off chalky, I am old enough to have seen Your lot play at highbury in the old first division so for those who have lived their dreams, let us live ours.

In the meantime check out the Chorkey A-Z for next season.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 22:37 - Jan 13 with 1778 viewschalky_ncfc

Happy to remain in League 1... on 22:12 - Jan 13 by pioneer

Whats this got to do with you...fook off chalky, I am old enough to have seen Your lot play at highbury in the old first division so for those who have lived their dreams, let us live ours.

In the meantime check out the Chorkey A-Z for next season.

Had a few tonight have we?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy to remain in League 1... on 09:21 - Jan 14 with 1553 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

At the beginning of every season, the first aim should always be promotion. If you ask Hill at the start, he would probably say survival is the first aim and see where we go after that. Although it is a reasonable call, it tastes a little of negativity, when in August everyone starts at 0 and a level playing field. The wealthier clubs usually rise to the top but having money is no guarantee of success and for that reason I believe promotion should always be the aim. Burton won promotion on the back of being a very well run club, and without a sugar daddy. Yeovil have also done it. It`s not impossible as history has proved but I think it is the fans slight negativity regarding the past, that will see us never reaching our promised land of the Championship. Having said all that, never say never .... again.
Happy to remain in League 1... on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 1492 viewselectricblue

Dale are a well run club and live within their means which is quite right...

But every now n then I think to get the odd quality player at the club you have to pay that bit extra in wages...

Perkins n Wilbraham where once quality players at other clubs and one was once at Dale but paying decent wages back fired on those two...

Hendo must be on a wedge but he proves a point like i said above..

Quality centre back.
Quality centre mid leader.
Quality striker....

Rest of the players should step with tjose type of players around fair enough some dont but thats the nature of the game..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Happy to remain in League 1... on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 1491 viewsseasidedale

Yeovil got promotion but it nearly bust the club, they had to pay wages they could keep up with and are still feeling the effects, I remember hill saying that we should work at getting youngsters through to that level and compete, I can see the logic in that
Happy to remain in League 1... on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 1434 viewsBazzanne

Aiming to stay in league 1 is not ambition. Whilst I agree it's great to stay in this league, a little ambition would not hurt. Some supporters it seems wouldn't be unhappy with relegation if it brought them a few more wins in league 2. Be careful what you wish for there is no guarantee that we would get back up again, and that would mean less income to an already poorly supported club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024