Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sign it... 07:42 - Mar 21 with 60461 viewsFalingeParka

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

In anticipation, yes, no and do what you please...

ColonelHall

Sign it... on 07:48 - Mar 21 with 27318 viewsaleanddale

Vast majority in Westminster voted remain.

What the speaker did last weeks shows there is a higher power doing all they can to make sure Brexit does not happen.

What a shambles.

Seriously what can the government achieve with a 3 month extension that has not been possible in 3 years!

Will Brexit happen??
Sign it... on 09:00 - Mar 21 with 27213 viewsRooleyblue

Sign it... on 07:48 - Mar 21 by aleanddale

Vast majority in Westminster voted remain.

What the speaker did last weeks shows there is a higher power doing all they can to make sure Brexit does not happen.

What a shambles.

Seriously what can the government achieve with a 3 month extension that has not been possible in 3 years!

Will Brexit happen??

I read the Dale forum to see what is going on at the Dale and to hear fellow supporters views on the Dale.
I know other topics are discussed but I come on her for a bit of enjoyment, not to have peoples political views thrown in your face when you sign in.
If I wanted that I would watch the BBC or read the Gaurdian.
I know it's about opinions but can we have more football and less politics please.
Imo of course.
Sign it... on 09:08 - Mar 21 with 27198 viewsnordenblue

Sign it... on 09:00 - Mar 21 by Rooleyblue

I read the Dale forum to see what is going on at the Dale and to hear fellow supporters views on the Dale.
I know other topics are discussed but I come on her for a bit of enjoyment, not to have peoples political views thrown in your face when you sign in.
I know it's about opinions but can we have more football and less politics please.
Imo of course.

I'm not into politics one bit either but while it's THE topic of the nation at the minute I fully understand the posts on here and quite enjoy some of them. If it's not for you scroll past that's the trick
Sign it... on 09:24 - Mar 21 with 27175 viewsdalenumber2

That link doesn't work for me
Sign it... on 09:32 - Mar 21 with 27159 viewsFalingeParka

Sign it... on 09:24 - Mar 21 by dalenumber2

That link doesn't work for me

Site went down - link should work now.

Sincere apologies Rooley - please carry on with your enjoyment. Indeed, this season, let joy be unconfined!

ColonelHall

Sign it... on 09:42 - Mar 21 with 27136 viewsdalenumber2

Sign it... on 09:32 - Mar 21 by FalingeParka

Site went down - link should work now.

Sincere apologies Rooley - please carry on with your enjoyment. Indeed, this season, let joy be unconfined!

Thanks, signed
Sign it... on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 27125 viewsflyerdale

I for one am glad you posted it falinge. I've signed it and hope millions more do. Its frightening what will happen if we leave on a no deal brexit.
Sign it... on 09:49 - Mar 21 with 27108 viewsDaleiLama

Sign it... on 09:00 - Mar 21 by Rooleyblue

Imo of course.

One advantage of a thread-based forum is you can just skip the threads that don't interest you. I do it all the time. I don't give a damn about some stuff (politics largely included) so I give them a wide berth. The only caveat I would add is that I know some boards have NFR and FR sections. It might help for those who really only want football 24-7 on a forum to get that but that type of arrangement probably isn't conducive to the format of this forum? There's also a lot to be said for "live and let live" too. Intolerance is a trait which is becoming more and more prevalent in society to its detriment.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Sign it... on 09:55 - Mar 21 with 27083 viewsflyerdale

Site has crashed again. Can't handle the traffic.
Sign it... on 10:26 - Mar 21 with 27020 views49thseason

Sign it... on 09:44 - Mar 21 by flyerdale

I for one am glad you posted it falinge. I've signed it and hope millions more do. Its frightening what will happen if we leave on a no deal brexit.

Would you care to tell us what exactly frightens you about leaving without a deal which requires us to keep taking instructions from the EU in perpetuity?
Sign it... on 10:31 - Mar 21 with 27002 views49thseason

And fot those who prefer something football related:
Sign it... on 10:32 - Mar 21 with 26994 viewsJames1980

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1087360379691380736.html

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sign it... on 10:35 - Mar 21 with 26986 viewsFrog

0.3% of constituents in Rochdale have signed it. 60% voted leave.
Sign it... on 10:40 - Mar 21 with 26975 viewsSuddenLad

17 million people already voted on the only voting form that matters. To leave.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sign it... on 10:44 - Mar 21 with 26961 viewsAncoats_Blue

Sign it... on 10:35 - Mar 21 by Frog

0.3% of constituents in Rochdale have signed it. 60% voted leave.

That statement is technically wrong.

Without mandatory voting no election or referendum in the UK has 100% turnout from constituents.

65% turnout in Rochdale, with a 60/40 split in favour of Leave.

It was closer to 40% of the constituents actually voting leave (and that assumes no one who voted for it has died, changed their mind, moved in our out of the town etc).
Sign it... on 10:48 - Mar 21 with 26949 viewsdalenumber2

Sign it... on 10:40 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

17 million people already voted on the only voting form that matters. To leave.

I'm interested to hear any leave voters tell me what they though leave actually meant when they voted.
Sign it... on 10:49 - Mar 21 with 26948 viewsSandyDrum

Sign it... on 10:44 - Mar 21 by Ancoats_Blue

Without mandatory voting no election or referendum in the UK has 100% turnout from constituents.

It was closer to 40% of the constituents actually voting leave (and that assumes no one who voted for it has died, changed their mind, moved in our out of the town etc).

'That statement is technically wrong'

To be honest mate, that could be said for 90% of the statements promised by the leave brigade back in 2016.

Remember the big red bus of lies?

Sadly they managed to fool an awful lot of people in order to line their own pockets.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Sign it... on 11:06 - Mar 21 with 26817 viewsNigeriamark

Sign it... on 10:48 - Mar 21 by dalenumber2

I'm interested to hear any leave voters tell me what they though leave actually meant when they voted.

I didn’t vote but I would imagine that those who voted to leave the EU thought it meant that we were going to actually leave the EU
Sign it... on 11:06 - Mar 21 with 26919 viewsFrog

Sign it... on 10:44 - Mar 21 by Ancoats_Blue

If 40% of constituents voted to leave then only 26.66% voted to remain. Same result.
Sign it... on 11:17 - Mar 21 with 26894 viewsSandyDrum

Sign it... on 11:06 - Mar 21 by Frog

If 40% of constituents voted to leave then only 26.66% voted to remain. Same result.

Don't think anyone was denying it was the same result, but it certainly sounds different when you say 'Less than half' of the constituents voted leave (when you're you know...actually telling the truth rather than exaggerating facts).

It's like these people who say, if Brexit doesn't happen then you're denying 17.4 million people their right to leave the European Union.

Yes, that's correct - but what about the 16.1 million people who wanted to remain within the European Union, what about their rights and opinions too?

Too many people exaggerate and pad out facts to make them sound more extreme than they actually are without wanting to see a balanced viewpoint.

Sign it... on 11:20 - Mar 21 with 26885 viewsjonesy

Sign it... on 11:06 - Mar 21 by Frog

Very true. Nobody ever mentions that.

I’m waiting for the “we didn’t know what we were voting for “ Oh yes we did.

Strangely I feel sorry for Teresa. After it was “decided” that parliament would decide, the remainers in parliament, the media and the civil service were over the moon. It just empasises the gulf between the “ruling classes” and the general population.
Sign it... on 11:26 - Mar 21 with 26864 viewsFrog

Sign it... on 11:17 - Mar 21 by SandyDrum

Don't think anyone was denying it was the same result, but it certainly sounds different when you say 'Less than half' of the constituents voted leave (when you're you know...actually telling the truth rather than exaggerating facts).

It's like these people who say, if Brexit doesn't happen then you're denying 17.4 million people their right to leave the European Union.

Yes, that's correct - but what about the 16.1 million people who wanted to remain within the European Union, what about their rights and opinions too?

Too many people exaggerate and pad out facts to make them sound more extreme than they actually are without wanting to see a balanced viewpoint.

Who is "exaggerating facts?" Everyone eligible was allowed to vote, the fact they couldn't be bothered is not an issue, the result is that 60% of those that wanted to make their opinion known voted to leave.
Sign it... on 11:31 - Mar 21 with 26851 viewsSandyDrum

Sign it... on 11:26 - Mar 21 by Frog

Who is "exaggerating facts?" Everyone eligible was allowed to vote, the fact they couldn't be bothered is not an issue, the result is that 60% of those that wanted to make their opinion known voted to leave.

Which is what you should have said in the first place, but instead exaggerated it to
'0.3% of constituents in Rochdale have signed it. 60% voted leave.'

Which is a lie based on exaggeration and loses all correlation.

You can't say 0.3% of ALL constituents in Rochdale have signed it but 60% voted leave, because that's a lie.

Without exaggerating the facts you would have said:

'0.3% of all constituents in Rochdale have signed it. 60% of the people who voted in the original referendum voted leave which is around 40% of all constituents'

Do you see what I mean?

Sign it... on 11:42 - Mar 21 with 26826 views49thseason

Sign it... on 10:49 - Mar 21 by SandyDrum

'That statement is technically wrong'

To be honest mate, that could be said for 90% of the statements promised by the leave brigade back in 2016.

Remember the big red bus of lies?

Sadly they managed to fool an awful lot of people in order to line their own pockets.

Since we voted to leave in june 2016 we have paid £40bn net to the EU , are you suggesting that the money is better spent somewhere else other than in the UK? Next time you call an ambulance and they tell you they will be 4 hours unless you have stopped breathing, console yourself that at least some of your taxes have been well spent building roads that lead to nowhere in Italy and bailing out Eurozone banks that have loaned money to projects that will never repay a cent of it.
Sign it... on 11:46 - Mar 21 with 26815 viewselectricblue

There are plenty of goings on around brexit that as really p1ssed my off the party politics and the lack of responsibilty to get the UK out of the EU...
Then there is the £39b to EU which is a disgrace to agree to pay and now Mad May as suckered up to the EU for an extension which will see the UK paying more into the the Brussels mafia coffers..
Thatis all the EU sees the UK as cash cow..
Mad May should hold a 2nd referendum based upon.
A, Mad Mays deal.
Or
B, the no Deal....

End of..
that will sort it once n for all....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024