Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Newcastle game over priced? 19:07 - Dec 18 with 12705 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Bottomley...

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:19 - Dec 18 with 5101 viewsAncoats_Blue

You’re going to get people voting on this who say it’s overpriced but end up going. I think £22 in the Sandy is shit but will I miss the game? No.
I think a better question is, to those people who aren’t going due to price, what would they have paid to attend?

Rightly or wrongly the club have pricing categories. Given the “glamour” of this game and the precedent set in the league this would sit on a par with the pricier “B” games. Otherwise the club then have to scrap the pricing categories for all league games. “A L1 team at home isn’t better than Newcastle” the arguments are ready made and the club are backed into that corner due to their own actions.

So, what is the most people prepared to pay? 95% of the on the day price,90%, 80%, 75% and so on.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:23 - Dec 18 with 5073 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:19 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

You’re going to get people voting on this who say it’s overpriced but end up going. I think £22 in the Sandy is shit but will I miss the game? No.
I think a better question is, to those people who aren’t going due to price, what would they have paid to attend?

Rightly or wrongly the club have pricing categories. Given the “glamour” of this game and the precedent set in the league this would sit on a par with the pricier “B” games. Otherwise the club then have to scrap the pricing categories for all league games. “A L1 team at home isn’t better than Newcastle” the arguments are ready made and the club are backed into that corner due to their own actions.

So, what is the most people prepared to pay? 95% of the on the day price,90%, 80%, 75% and so on.

Yes they will end up going like myself included. But will those floating fans ever come back to a league game?

And once the loyal fans patience has run out will they continue to be fleeced?

I was going to buy a shirt this Christmas but I've decided not to now, I also won't be purchasing nothing on the day of a game, not because I can't afford it but out of principle.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 19:24]

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:31 - Dec 18 with 5035 viewsAncoats_Blue

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:23 - Dec 18 by RAFC1907

Yes they will end up going like myself included. But will those floating fans ever come back to a league game?

And once the loyal fans patience has run out will they continue to be fleeced?

I was going to buy a shirt this Christmas but I've decided not to now, I also won't be purchasing nothing on the day of a game, not because I can't afford it but out of principle.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 19:24]

Do they ever come back? Spurs, Leeds, Stoke, Sheffield Weds. all recent big cup crowds and the following game back to the normal 3k or so.
I guess there are people who pick their 5-10 games a season and this will be one. Others will only watch Dale when we draw a premier league side or go for promotion.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:46 - Dec 18 with 5001 viewsArthurDaley

Oh for the good old days, I know its not just Dale that do it, but in the olden days if something cost say £10 the price for OAPs and under 16 was £5. Now its over half, only a couple of £s I know, but every little helps.

At one time I wouldn't have missed a Dale game, but now just don't like football so much, even stopped watching MOTD, will I be going no, son has got BT so I will be watching it at his house.

A large VAT Dave

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:57 - Dec 18 with 4966 viewsnordenblue

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:46 - Dec 18 by ArthurDaley

Oh for the good old days, I know its not just Dale that do it, but in the olden days if something cost say £10 the price for OAPs and under 16 was £5. Now its over half, only a couple of £s I know, but every little helps.

At one time I wouldn't have missed a Dale game, but now just don't like football so much, even stopped watching MOTD, will I be going no, son has got BT so I will be watching it at his house.

Fully agree and wise choice,a good mate who now lives in Cumbria normally comes down for these type of games but weve both decided enough is enough and hes not bothering going either, let some football loving Geordie have the seats instead, they're well used to getting spanked to watch football.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:07 - Dec 18 with 4924 viewsrochdaleriddler

The proof will be in the pudding. I feel that sticking with normal prices would have been the sensible option, or even £25 for the main and away stand. However a lot of people stating they ain’t going probably don’t go v often anyway , and coughed up £37 to go to the swamp. If there is a replay it will be interesting to see Newcastle’s prices. I have now decided to give Burton a swerve, it’s £22. However adding transport costs, and beers makes it £60+, and it is the week before Xmas . The Accrington game is going to be a taxi from littleborough so that’s going to cost as well. Following a league one team isn’t cheap is it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:35 - Dec 18 with 4887 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:07 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

The proof will be in the pudding. I feel that sticking with normal prices would have been the sensible option, or even £25 for the main and away stand. However a lot of people stating they ain’t going probably don’t go v often anyway , and coughed up £37 to go to the swamp. If there is a replay it will be interesting to see Newcastle’s prices. I have now decided to give Burton a swerve, it’s £22. However adding transport costs, and beers makes it £60+, and it is the week before Xmas . The Accrington game is going to be a taxi from littleborough so that’s going to cost as well. Following a league one team isn’t cheap is it

Eh Ridz....did you know you can get a train direct to Accrington from Littleborough?

Goes via Tod and Burnley

I know it's New Years Day but a taxi will cost more than a Newcastle ticket.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:39 - Dec 18 with 4859 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:35 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Eh Ridz....did you know you can get a train direct to Accrington from Littleborough?

Goes via Tod and Burnley

I know it's New Years Day but a taxi will cost more than a Newcastle ticket.

Ah yep I’ve been before, I assumed(wrongly) no trains on New Year’s Day ! Cheers

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 4816 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 20:39 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

Ah yep I’ve been before, I assumed(wrongly) no trains on New Year’s Day ! Cheers

Only Christmas Day and Boxing Day, although whether they'll be reliable on NYD is a different matter.

Failing that, the 464 from Rochdale Bus Station.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 20:57]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 21:05 - Dec 18 with 4795 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:31 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

Do they ever come back? Spurs, Leeds, Stoke, Sheffield Weds. all recent big cup crowds and the following game back to the normal 3k or so.
I guess there are people who pick their 5-10 games a season and this will be one. Others will only watch Dale when we draw a premier league side or go for promotion.

I agree with alot of what you say in terms of coming back and picking games.

The question people will always ask will be 'are they getting value for money?'

The first time Steve Parkin was in charge we attracted more fans than we do now, with this league having many ex prem and championship teams in making up the average gate where as it was home support in parkins first era that helped us average better gates than today's home supporters.

Back then it was only a tenner in and value for money.

Sadly Bottomley doesn't see this motto and that's why our home attendances will drop over the next 12 months unless BBM can work another miracle.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:39 - Dec 18 with 4659 views49thseason

I bought a season ticket for £150. It contains 23 match tickets. I now find I can only attend 22 games because 1 game has been scrubbed. Each game should have cost £6.52p. They will each now cost me £6.82p. Logically this is a breach of contract. Will Barclaycard reimburse me?
Ts and Cs
"INCLUDED GAMES
All 23 regular home league games are included in the Season Ticket."
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/siteassets/season-tickets-19-20/web.pdf

If we take £6.52 as the cost of watching a game, I am now being presented with the option to buy a ticket for another game at the category B price of £22.00, a 337% increase and as yet there has been no mention of the £6.52 that has been taken for a game which will not be played.

I wonder if they will accept £15.48p as payment for a Newcastle ticket in settlement of their failure to provide a refund for the 23rd game? Hmm, probably not. But if you miss a week on the club lottery, it seems you can't pay for it the following week in case you won a prize but didn't actually pay and play. And yet season ticket holders are somehow expected to pay for a game that will not occur... What would have happened if Bolton had folded too? Or maybe Bolton and another club? How many games do they get to keep the money for that they are not playing? Why not be ridiculous and just take season ticket money and not play any games ... who does that remind you of?

Talk about having your cake and eating it... no wonder people are getting pissed off.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:46 - Dec 18 with 4640 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:39 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

I bought a season ticket for £150. It contains 23 match tickets. I now find I can only attend 22 games because 1 game has been scrubbed. Each game should have cost £6.52p. They will each now cost me £6.82p. Logically this is a breach of contract. Will Barclaycard reimburse me?
Ts and Cs
"INCLUDED GAMES

If we take £6.52 as the cost of watching a game, I am now being presented with the option to buy a ticket for another game at the category B price of £22.00, a 337% increase and as yet there has been no mention of the £6.52 that has been taken for a game which will not be played.

I wonder if they will accept £15.48p as payment for a Newcastle ticket in settlement of their failure to provide a refund for the 23rd game? Hmm, probably not. But if you miss a week on the club lottery, it seems you can't pay for it the following week in case you won a prize but didn't actually pay and play. And yet season ticket holders are somehow expected to pay for a game that will not occur... What would have happened if Bolton had folded too? Or maybe Bolton and another club? How many games do they get to keep the money for that they are not playing? Why not be ridiculous and just take season ticket money and not play any games ... who does that remind you of?

Talk about having your cake and eating it... no wonder people are getting pissed off.

Wow you are seriously arguing that you should be reimbursed because each game will cost you 30p more because bury have been expelled.if you don’t want to pay for the Newcastle game, fair enough, don’t go.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:51 - Dec 18 with 4623 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:46 - Dec 18 by rochdaleriddler

Wow you are seriously arguing that you should be reimbursed because each game will cost you 30p more because bury have been expelled.if you don’t want to pay for the Newcastle game, fair enough, don’t go.

It's been worth the 30p increase to see the fun provided by bury over the close season and thereafter.....in fact well worth it.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:54 - Dec 18 with 4607 views49thseason

Nope, I am arguing that the club has taken over £20k from supporters for a game that will not take place and not offered a refund. If they ask me if they can keep my £6.52 I might agree, to take it without asking Is unlawful at worst and immoral at best.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:02 - Dec 18 with 4574 views442Dale

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:54 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Nope, I am arguing that the club has taken over £20k from supporters for a game that will not take place and not offered a refund. If they ask me if they can keep my £6.52 I might agree, to take it without asking Is unlawful at worst and immoral at best.

We have excellently priced season tickets. Until people start looking further than their own opinions/personal situation, then issues like the prices for the Newcastle game will continue.

It’s no wonder these things continue. It’s about our football club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:02 - Dec 18 with 4577 viewsDalenet

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:39 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Ts and Cs
"INCLUDED GAMES

I understand the challenge and we are all a bit miffed by that. Indeed it is the £50k or so that the club lost due to Bury incompetence that has probably led our CEO to make some of the decisions he has. As for breach of contract ,,,,,,, I am sure we are asked to buy a "season pass for all league games" rather than a guarantee we will see 23 games. Of course the printing of 23 vouchers and an expectation that we would see 23 games doesn't mean we are legally entitled to it. Somebody could test a section 25 card challenge to see if 1/23rd would be returned

Given that the FL couldn't police a brothel, is it time to make all clubs hold season ticket money in escrow with cash released after each game is played. That would stop clubs selling tickets early and using the cash long before the games are due to be played. Leaving fans like those at Bury with their cash safe, Caveat emptor doesn't feel right in this day and age.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:04 - Dec 18 with 4571 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 22:54 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Well they haven't really, because at the time you paid for your (cheap) season ticket, there were 23 home fixtures, as per the fixture list released by the EFL in June.

That there are now 22 home fixtures isn't the responsibility or fault of any club except bury FC and to claim otherwise and post something so ridiculous (that you could have actually posted in August, when bury were expelled) is very churlish.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:08 - Dec 18 with 4550 views49thseason

Other clubs are offering the cost of the missing game against the cost of next seasons tickets:
https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/october/bury-missing-game/
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/news-season-ticket-holders-to-get-dis
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:13 - Dec 18 with 4528 views442Dale

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:08 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Other clubs are offering the cost of the missing game against the cost of next seasons tickets:
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/news-season-ticket-holders-to-get-dis

Good for them.

Do they have such cheap season tickets? There is an option to ask the board about this either via the Trust or the forum, but is it relative to the Newcastle game being over priced/a correct decision?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 4521 viewsjudd

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:04 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

Well they haven't really, because at the time you paid for your (cheap) season ticket, there were 23 home fixtures, as per the fixture list released by the EFL in June.

That there are now 22 home fixtures isn't the responsibility or fault of any club except bury FC and to claim otherwise and post something so ridiculous (that you could have actually posted in August, when bury were expelled) is very churlish.

Or you could point to Oxford reducing next season's ticket to compensate for the lack of a bury game, thereby setting some sort of precedent.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 4518 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:14 - Dec 18 by judd

Or you could point to Oxford reducing next season's ticket to compensate for the lack of a bury game, thereby setting some sort of precedent.

Yes, that's a good idea.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:16 - Dec 18 with 4502 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:08 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Perhaps this is something to raise at the forum on 13th Jan, as it seems a reasonable request.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:20 - Dec 18 with 4478 viewsjudd

Article appears to back up Cleedales view on another thread re Newcastle getting a bigger cut. Interesting suggested price guidelines also cited.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

Poll: What is it to be then?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 4464 views49thseason

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:04 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

I did actually post, perhaps somewhat tongue in cheek that we were owed a refund back at the start of the season. I don't believe the other 23 clubs should be financially penalised because of the EFL decision so late in the day to expel BFC who all presumably planned to have 23 home games, that is an argument that the clubs have with the EFL, it is not an argument for penalising thousands of supporters who have season tickets at their respective 23 clubs. There is a possible £1m+ unearned profit at stake here and it seems to me that some clubs have taken a sensible approach and others have not announced how they will deal with the situation, those offering discounts next season are at least being fair to their supporters. By contrast, Rochdale AFC Ltd. Directors have kept schtum. This is no way to reward loyalty. It is, however, symptomatic of the growing divide between board and fans. Legally I dont think the club have a leg to stand on.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 00:52 - Dec 19 with 4407 viewsDalenet

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:20 - Dec 18 by judd

Article appears to back up Cleedales view on another thread re Newcastle getting a bigger cut. Interesting suggested price guidelines also cited.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

I read that article as suggesting that Newcastle will get a higher percentage when playing us than they would have done playing Boston. That is because the non league club gets 50% and the league club 40%. By playing us both clubs get 45%

The guidance price of £15 is interesting. I wonder what the guidance price was for our round of the League Cup at Old Trafford?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024