Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans allowed back 15:21 - Nov 23 with 15409 viewsdalenumber2

Breaking news: A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, so BBC Sport understands. Probably not us then!
Fans allowed back on 15:28 - Nov 23 with 5972 viewsfunkkk

And most areas are to be put in higher tiers by all accounts.
Fans allowed back on 15:37 - Nov 23 with 5918 viewsdingdangblue

Definitely won't be us - we are in the top 10.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans allowed back on 16:01 - Nov 23 with 5876 viewsDalenet

Seems so unfair given the advantage that some clubs will have with fans being allowed back in - both in terms of impact on the players and the cash receipts. Just have to hope that Rochdale can be out of Tier 3 before April.
Fans allowed back on 16:12 - Nov 23 with 5837 viewsAncoats_Blue

Greater Manchester will definitely be tier 3 due to the number of cases, still amongst the highest in the country. But the trend is promising as the number of cases across the north west are going down. I’m hopeful we’ll be back in Spotland before the end of the season.
Fans allowed back on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 5742 viewsboromat

Although we're higher at the moment we hopefully will get out of it quicker like London did in the first lockdown.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fans allowed back on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 5691 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans allowed back on 16:12 - Nov 23 by Ancoats_Blue

Greater Manchester will definitely be tier 3 due to the number of cases, still amongst the highest in the country. But the trend is promising as the number of cases across the north west are going down. I’m hopeful we’ll be back in Spotland before the end of the season.

Our cases are dropping quickly , big difference between tier 2 and three, seems unfair to clubs in tier 3 to me and bonkers you can have 4000 fans in an 8000 capacity stadium and 4000 in a 60000 one

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fans allowed back on 17:26 - Nov 23 with 5640 views442Dale

Fans allowed back on 17:13 - Nov 23 by rochdaleriddler

Our cases are dropping quickly , big difference between tier 2 and three, seems unfair to clubs in tier 3 to me and bonkers you can have 4000 fans in an 8000 capacity stadium and 4000 in a 60000 one

While they are coming down at a good rate we are still averaging over a 100 new cases a day and we were looking around 100 a week before numbers started skyrocketing in September. To think then, the recognised concern point for ‘red alert’ areas was 50 cases per 100k, we’d see that as the promised land now!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans allowed back on 17:29 - Nov 23 with 5623 viewsdingdangblue

Its 4000 maximum - but I'm sure that will involve proper social distancing. Our stadium with social distancing allowed us just over 2000 fans.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:29]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Fans allowed back on 17:34 - Nov 23 with 5605 viewsDalenet

Mr B just been on TV saying how this is good news and he is hoping we are in tier 1 or 2 when announced. I think he may well have been sniffing the barmaids apron. Anybody else expecting Rochdale to be anything but Tier 3?
Fans allowed back on 18:17 - Nov 23 with 5491 viewsJames1980

A sensible approach for tier 3 areas with the most cases will be mass testing like in Liverpool plus a financial package to encourage people to isolate in the event of a positive test. Also why not allow fans into stadiums in tier 3 but close bars but seated hospitality wth social distancing is allowed. Also only fans within a 20 mile radius can attend games in a tier 3 area. I would be happy to forgo attending matches if it meant the majority of you guys could attend.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans allowed back on 18:30 - Nov 23 with 5443 views442Dale

Fans allowed back on 18:17 - Nov 23 by James1980

A sensible approach for tier 3 areas with the most cases will be mass testing like in Liverpool plus a financial package to encourage people to isolate in the event of a positive test. Also why not allow fans into stadiums in tier 3 but close bars but seated hospitality wth social distancing is allowed. Also only fans within a 20 mile radius can attend games in a tier 3 area. I would be happy to forgo attending matches if it meant the majority of you guys could attend.

Whilst we appreciate the sentiment, James and there’s a case to be made that Dale are set up to deal with fans safely now, it’s been made very clear below (pages 23 onwards are quite informative) that the rules will be consistent across the tiers and we have to start to accept it, even if we disagree, for the greater good. If not seeing games now means others can elsewhere and we can eventually move towards that, it’s got to be a positive. We’ve done 8 months of this, another 3 or 4 with vaccines and more effective testing is something that will have to be dealt with. It’s not easy, more will be undoubtedly affected in various sectors and that may include Dale, but it’s where we are and the bigger picture does look a little bit brighter.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Included within:
<< In order to provide greater clarity and consistency, all tier restrictions will now be standardised rather than negotiated with local areas.>>
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 18:36]

Fans allowed back on 18:46 - Nov 23 with 5382 viewsisitme

Fans allowed back on 17:34 - Nov 23 by Dalenet

Mr B just been on TV saying how this is good news and he is hoping we are in tier 1 or 2 when announced. I think he may well have been sniffing the barmaids apron. Anybody else expecting Rochdale to be anything but Tier 3?

I agree, but in the document released by the government the North West is the only area with an R rate below one. Even in tier two we could probably get all our home support who want to, to be able to attend games.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 18:54]
Fans allowed back on 18:56 - Nov 23 with 5354 viewsAncoats_Blue

In the ground it makes no sense. As you say, more space to distance in say the Etihad than Spotland. But I guess the logistics of getting fans to and from the ground play a part. Not an issue for us and most teams in League 1 and below. But getting an extra 5, 10, 20k etc onto buses and trains around town and city centres would be a nightmare at the moment with reduced capacities on public transport.
Fans allowed back on 18:59 - Nov 23 with 5340 views442Dale

Fans allowed back on 18:46 - Nov 23 by isitme

I agree, but in the document released by the government the North West is the only area with an R rate below one. Even in tier two we could probably get all our home support who want to, to be able to attend games.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 18:54]

Except these are what will will now be taken into consideration:

<<Decisions will primarily be based on five key indicators:
a. Case detection rates in all age groups;
b. Case detection rates in the over 60s;
c. The rate at which cases are rising or falling;
d. Positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken); and
e. Pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy. >>

Fans allowed back on 19:28 - Nov 23 with 5259 viewsblackdogblue

We won’t know until next week what Tier we we be in, Biffio country is still high & we are all in Greater Manchester...

Ffs.. is he trying his hardest to close all pubs down....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans allowed back on 19:39 - Nov 23 with 5213 viewsisitme

Fans allowed back on 18:59 - Nov 23 by 442Dale

Except these are what will will now be taken into consideration:

<<Decisions will primarily be based on five key indicators:
a. Case detection rates in all age groups;
b. Case detection rates in the over 60s;
c. The rate at which cases are rising or falling;
d. Positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken); and
e. Pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy. >>

I know I have read the key parts of the document. It would be interesting if the government would publish this data for all local areas in the interest of transparency as well as what the triggers are to move between the levels. We wouldn't want a Tory area with higher rates in all five areas being in Tier 2, whilst a Labour area with lower figures being in Tier 3.

There is no doubt we will be in Tier 3 (despite the falling 'cases'), but unlike for most other teams a drop into Tier 2 would see all our home supporters being able to attend (who would want to), which is what I posted earlier.

We will find out on Thursday, I suppose.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 20:05]
Fans allowed back on 19:40 - Nov 23 with 5208 views442Dale

Fans allowed back on 19:28 - Nov 23 by blackdogblue

We won’t know until next week what Tier we we be in, Biffio country is still high & we are all in Greater Manchester...

Ffs.. is he trying his hardest to close all pubs down....

Think it’s Thursday they decide who are in what tiers, with it being made clear that more areas will be moved up where required. Even if we did get moved into tier 2 pubs will still only be open for drinks with a meal. It’s difficult to see this region, which is how they’ll look at it with Greater Manchester, being moved down a tier ahead of coming out of lockdown if such a move would see any progress made then be affected and an inevitable impact before we even get to Christmas when restrictions will be changed significantly for a short period.

Fans allowed back on 19:52 - Nov 23 with 5164 viewsblackdogblue

Fans allowed back on 19:40 - Nov 23 by 442Dale

Think it’s Thursday they decide who are in what tiers, with it being made clear that more areas will be moved up where required. Even if we did get moved into tier 2 pubs will still only be open for drinks with a meal. It’s difficult to see this region, which is how they’ll look at it with Greater Manchester, being moved down a tier ahead of coming out of lockdown if such a move would see any progress made then be affected and an inevitable impact before we even get to Christmas when restrictions will be changed significantly for a short period.

Agree mate, we will not go down a tier... pubs won’t open for a week or so, he is killing our working mans heritage..

Football crowds in this area generally are off the table now I believe for this season.. anyone fancy an alliance with a Scottish team??

Outer Hebrides Rangers I am thinking of 😂

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans allowed back on 20:03 - Nov 23 with 5137 views442Dale

Fans allowed back on 19:52 - Nov 23 by blackdogblue

Agree mate, we will not go down a tier... pubs won’t open for a week or so, he is killing our working mans heritage..

Football crowds in this area generally are off the table now I believe for this season.. anyone fancy an alliance with a Scottish team??

The week or so will probably be at least a month or so once tiers are agreed as it’s unlikely they’ll move a region down a tier until we have got through Christmas.

Fans allowed back on 20:12 - Nov 23 with 5098 viewsD_Alien

Fans allowed back on 19:52 - Nov 23 by blackdogblue

I'm sorry bdb, but while i'm as pissed off as anyone with pubs remaining shut and the damage that does to local businesses and the social fabric as a whole, characterising it as "he is killing our ...heritage" is absolute nonsense

The balance that's having to be struck is one those tasked with making those decisions will be taking with the very same degree of being pissed off at having to do so. Please, can we have such discussions without such caricatures? They're desperately unhelpful. Thanks

[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 20:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans allowed back on 20:27 - Nov 23 with 5062 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans allowed back on 17:29 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

Its 4000 maximum - but I'm sure that will involve proper social distancing. Our stadium with social distancing allowed us just over 2000 fans.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:29]

It’s 50% capacity or 4000 whichever is lower

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fans allowed back on 20:30 - Nov 23 with 5056 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans allowed back on 20:12 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

I'm sorry bdb, but while i'm as pissed off as anyone with pubs remaining shut and the damage that does to local businesses and the social fabric as a whole, characterising it as "he is killing our ...heritage" is absolute nonsense

The balance that's having to be struck is one those tasked with making those decisions will be taking with the very same degree of being pissed off at having to do so. Please, can we have such discussions without such caricatures? They're desperately unhelpful. Thanks

[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 20:13]

Poor Boris

Fans allowed back on 21:01 - Nov 23 with 4969 viewsdingdangblue

Fans allowed back on 20:27 - Nov 23 by rochdaleriddler

It’s 50% capacity or 4000 whichever is lower

We've only sold our tickets at around a quarter capacity - although the way we are playing that shouldn't be a problem.

Fans allowed back on 21:21 - Nov 23 with 4924 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans allowed back on 21:01 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

We've only sold our tickets at around a quarter capacity - although the way we are playing that shouldn't be a problem.

It won’t be a problem as we won’t be in tier one

Fans allowed back on 07:55 - Nov 24 with 4630 viewsrod_leach

Surely those clubs who are allowed fans back in will have an advantage over those who can't open their gates? Both financially and psychologically during the game..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024