Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address 18:01 - Aug 27 with 5113 views442Dale

The tedious nature (in my opinion) of pulling to bits the deficiencies of the squad can carry on all week but where needs focus immediately?

Defensively we may have a couple of injuries now and until Keohane is fit we could do with a right back. As said previously, negotiations around current loans may need to take place.

Midfield, give Malley a start, Kelly’s passing is incredibly poor for such a technical player.

Forwards: look at the Tulloch loan, hope Charman and Campbell are back soon and Henderson can find some form off the bench.

We haven’t got long but would prioritise a full back and a midfielder for additions. A lot depends on the parent clubs of loan players once the manager has made his decisions as well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:03 - Aug 27 with 5089 viewsBucketBstard

So you are happy with EEL , John , Nelson( I will pay for his taxi back now), Seriki and Graham then????
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:07 - Aug 27 with 5073 viewsTVOS1907

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:03 - Aug 27 by BucketBstard

So you are happy with EEL , John , Nelson( I will pay for his taxi back now), Seriki and Graham then????

Nelson has already proved himself to be a good player. If you can't see that, I pity you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:08 - Aug 27 with 5061 views442Dale

I’ll answer any replies, it’s not that hard.

I think EEL is a decent lower league defender.
John - there’s a player who could be developed.
Nelson - obvious ability who will grow with experience.
Graham - has not done anything wrong when called upon this season.
Seriki - already posted, a couple of times. Look to discuss the best option with Sheff U.

See, this is how a forum works.
Did you miss my enquiry in the other thread?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:10]

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 4577 viewselectricblue

Dont forget Taylor aswell...

RS gave him a new contract and he as been on the bench the past few matches so must be fit......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 10:51 - Aug 28 with 4341 viewsisitme

A lot depends on when the new manager is appointed and what they can do in terms of recuitment. I think we can sign one more loan player who would be available in the squad as I think the maximum is five. If some players could be sent back that would provide more options. What is there in the budget in terms of permanent signings?

I think we look weak in midfield and the elephant in the room is the form, or lack of form of Henderson, who has made very little impact so far. We do have some decent players and when Charman and Campbell come back they could prove to be decent options to pair with Rodney. Rodney looks a good player but should be playing in the middle as a focal point as his hold up play is good.

I may be in the minority but I think Nelson is a really good player and Ebanks-Landell and John are fine. Bar the Swindon game, in the league most of the goals conceded have been from set pieces and in the home game we have looked okay defensively, we just have not scored enough, which is down to the midfield and forward players.

White played well yesterday and if he can maintain his fitness he would be a decent option. The new manager will need to decide what system he wants to play, which will dictate what shape shifting has to take place.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:10 - Aug 28 with 4290 viewsD_Alien

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 10:51 - Aug 28 by isitme

A lot depends on when the new manager is appointed and what they can do in terms of recuitment. I think we can sign one more loan player who would be available in the squad as I think the maximum is five. If some players could be sent back that would provide more options. What is there in the budget in terms of permanent signings?

I think we look weak in midfield and the elephant in the room is the form, or lack of form of Henderson, who has made very little impact so far. We do have some decent players and when Charman and Campbell come back they could prove to be decent options to pair with Rodney. Rodney looks a good player but should be playing in the middle as a focal point as his hold up play is good.

I may be in the minority but I think Nelson is a really good player and Ebanks-Landell and John are fine. Bar the Swindon game, in the league most of the goals conceded have been from set pieces and in the home game we have looked okay defensively, we just have not scored enough, which is down to the midfield and forward players.

White played well yesterday and if he can maintain his fitness he would be a decent option. The new manager will need to decide what system he wants to play, which will dictate what shape shifting has to take place.

I'd suggest you're far from being in a minority who rate Nelson

In fact, the only ones who've posted otherwise have a WUM-rating of either 9 or 10 in the messageboard Rate The WUM charts. One poor backpass is their sole criterion

Don't think anyone saw Bentley at the game yesterday. Maybe he's on holiday, hence the delay if he's the man? But there's going to be very limited scope ahead of the next window, whoever takes over. Its sink or swim with pretty much what we've got. On the evidence of the second half, there's room for optimism

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:27 - Aug 28 with 4232 viewsHullDale

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:10 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

I'd suggest you're far from being in a minority who rate Nelson

In fact, the only ones who've posted otherwise have a WUM-rating of either 9 or 10 in the messageboard Rate The WUM charts. One poor backpass is their sole criterion

Don't think anyone saw Bentley at the game yesterday. Maybe he's on holiday, hence the delay if he's the man? But there's going to be very limited scope ahead of the next window, whoever takes over. Its sink or swim with pretty much what we've got. On the evidence of the second half, there's room for optimism

Although it was disastrous for us, that back pass could be one of the best things that ever happens in his early career. He'll be alert from the first second in every single game now, and I'd wager he'll never make that mistake again.

I think in general he has looked great for us - probably our stand out defender so far. Quick, strong, can make a good strong tackle when needed, and has a great reading of the game for someone so young.

With his forays forward yesterday I wondered if he could play right back in a back four..?
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:34 - Aug 28 with 4206 viewsTVOS1907

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 10:51 - Aug 28 by isitme

I'm not sure why you've said that about Nelson; virtually every comment about him has been positive and there's only really been one individual on here who's said otherwise, but nothing he says makes any sense!

Login to get fewer ads

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:59 - Aug 28 with 4140 viewsTVOS1907

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 09:15 - Aug 28 by electricblue

Dont forget Taylor aswell...

RS gave him a new contract and he as been on the bench the past few matches so must be fit......

He was on the bench at Sheffield Wednesday and also against Burton, as teams are allowed to name nine subs in the Carabao Cup.

He hasn't been on the bench in the league since the Gillingham game three weeks ago.

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 14:19 - Aug 28 with 3862 viewsisitme

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 11:34 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure why you've said that about Nelson; virtually every comment about him has been positive and there's only really been one individual on here who's said otherwise, but nothing he says makes any sense!

I was referring to all three of them, especially as a three. I've seen a number of comment regarding John and Ebanks-Landell. Less so Nelson, I agree. Most people can see that he will have a good career ahead of him.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 15:04 - Aug 28 with 3759 views49thseason

An incoming manager has to motivate these players to be "at it" for 95 minutes, full on concentration and commitment. They are not lacking actual footballing ability but there is a tendancy to watch and admire their passes, not be continually on the move looking for potential trouble and if you snooze......you lose!
I would like the midfield and forwards to stop receiving the ball with their backs to the opposition goal, they need to be on the half turn. I think we need a big centre forward on the pitch, with Rodney playing off him. If Charman and Campbell aren't ready, I would put Taylor there if he is fit enough.
We do look half decent when we get the ball moving, we just dont do it often enough because some players havent got the next move worked out in their heads, that comes with experience and games under your belt.
Graham looks like the new Dorsett, game time at Notts County has done him a world of good. If we can get our best 11 on the pitch for an extended period we might just stop the rot and start the ascent.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 3643 views442Dale

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 15:04 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

An incoming manager has to motivate these players to be "at it" for 95 minutes, full on concentration and commitment. They are not lacking actual footballing ability but there is a tendancy to watch and admire their passes, not be continually on the move looking for potential trouble and if you snooze......you lose!
I would like the midfield and forwards to stop receiving the ball with their backs to the opposition goal, they need to be on the half turn. I think we need a big centre forward on the pitch, with Rodney playing off him. If Charman and Campbell aren't ready, I would put Taylor there if he is fit enough.
We do look half decent when we get the ball moving, we just dont do it often enough because some players havent got the next move worked out in their heads, that comes with experience and games under your belt.
Graham looks like the new Dorsett, game time at Notts County has done him a world of good. If we can get our best 11 on the pitch for an extended period we might just stop the rot and start the ascent.

Agreed on Graham, he’s looked steady so far. Why would we chuck a young centre half up front though? Although Rodney isn’t that great in the air, we would be better utilising the forwards we do have rather than doing something desperate.

It’s nothing more difficult that playing direct football with energy. That doesn’t mean lumping it forward more going into the forwards and carrying the ball forward. Like how we used Odoh and Sinclair yesterday.

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 16:27 - Aug 28 with 3527 viewsChris1803

I've been thinking we're lacking a proper physical presence up front for a while. Even Josh Andrews, who had the height, wasn't really much of a presence up top.

I think a transfer priority for JB would be a massive brick s***house of a striker.

We've got the forwards in the squad who can run off a big man, Rodney, Sinclair, Campbell, even Hendo to an extent, but we lack a big, gritty, elbows out, strong as an ox, win almost every header against the centre-back type forward. Although they're not as easy to find nowadays, even in the lower league game.

Charman could hopefully be coached to become more imposing and horrible to play against, but has a bit to learn.

It'd just give us the option to go more direct when needed, or even by working the ball forward on the deck, once it's played wide, it gives us an aerial unit in the box. Although Sinclair managed to score his header a couple of foot off the floor yesterday!

Add to that the long standing need for an additional left back to provide competition to White (thinking on the basis we'd play 4 at the back under Bentley), and potentially a right back - although that could be resolved with a match fit Jimmy Keohane.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 16:33]
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 17:59 - Aug 28 with 3347 viewsDaleiLama

Really like what I've seen of Nelson so far. He's like a RR - moves seemingly effortlessly, always looks like he has time on the ball and can run with it and pick a pass. Leicester have done well out of developing CHs after making a mint on Maguire and now Fofana. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nelson in the 1st team one day like we've seen with many other ex-Dale players and loanees in the PL and i could see him making money for them in the longer term. Not putting him in that class yet by any means, but he's the best player in our defence at the minute imo. Hope his development continues apace and his injury isn't a bad one.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:06 - Aug 28 with 3325 viewsD_Alien

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 17:59 - Aug 28 by DaleiLama

Really like what I've seen of Nelson so far. He's like a RR - moves seemingly effortlessly, always looks like he has time on the ball and can run with it and pick a pass. Leicester have done well out of developing CHs after making a mint on Maguire and now Fofana. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nelson in the 1st team one day like we've seen with many other ex-Dale players and loanees in the PL and i could see him making money for them in the longer term. Not putting him in that class yet by any means, but he's the best player in our defence at the minute imo. Hope his development continues apace and his injury isn't a bad one.

Like a RR? Or like a Bentley?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 20:09 - Aug 28 with 3077 viewssince58

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:06 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

Maybe a mini metro.!!!
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 22:56 - Aug 28 with 2747 viewsDaleiLama

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:06 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

I'll go with a Bentley in more ways than one. The Roller may be a Cullinan

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 13:56 - Aug 30 with 2100 viewsSaxonDale

Not a job for Bentley so much but IF we do stabilise under him and avoid relegation I’d like the club to look at the recruitment of a Director of Football. Think the past 18 months has shown the importance of recruitment and for various reasons we don’t seem to have had the same success as we did at recruiting as under BBM.

I think if we had a DOF who was in charge of helping the club lay down a clear formation and style which every team was playing from youth to first team ( a bit like Hill) it would help any future managerial appointment. Given the power Premier league clubs have now it wouldn’t surprise me if we are almost forced to either play a 5 at the back or send back some loaners (presumably at a cost).

Said it before but I do think Stockdale would sign a player and then think of where to play them after- which is probably why we have a quite unbalanced squad. It would also help the coach concentrate on the coaching of the team.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 1789 viewsNorthernDale

I like Bentley's interview, he mentioned that having watch videos of previous games this season, he has recognised areas that need improving and as enquired about a couple of players to allow him to vary the system we play.

As anyone any idea, who his number 2 is, he mentioned 'Nick' in the interview.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 17:19 - Aug 30 with 1760 viewsSaxonDale

Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 17:13 - Aug 30 by NorthernDale

I like Bentley's interview, he mentioned that having watch videos of previous games this season, he has recognised areas that need improving and as enquired about a couple of players to allow him to vary the system we play.

As anyone any idea, who his number 2 is, he mentioned 'Nick' in the interview.

Presume it’s Nick Chadwick, who was his assistant at Fylde.
Areas for Bentley/new manager to address on 18:15 - Aug 30 with 1632 viewsEllDale

EBJ’s assistant at Morecambe was Ken McKenna who followed him to Fylde only to be succeeded by Nick Chadwick in 2020.
Chadwick took over as caretaker at Fylde when Bentley was sacked there but was only in full charg3 for one game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024