Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pearson and proctor 12:51 - Jul 1 with 2561 viewsdilligas

Joined Halifax and bury respectively
Pearson and proctor on 14:05 - Jul 1 with 2418 viewsMoonyDale

So far so good for the Gigglers, can't really fault any of their signings so far....If Kennedy goes there however it will leave me bemused and bewildered, and a tad bothered...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pearson and proctor on 14:44 - Jul 1 with 2281 viewsaleanddale

Pearson and proctor on 14:05 - Jul 1 by MoonyDale

So far so good for the Gigglers, can't really fault any of their signings so far....If Kennedy goes there however it will leave me bemused and bewildered, and a tad bothered...

3 x ( half ) decent signings for the Gigglers.

That full back from Derby - Grimes and Proctor.

The rest really are make ups and does anybody think the above 3 can lead a succesful campain?.

If they sign JK - Zubar and Soares then there squad would look a LOT stronger but i think its more wishful thinking and specualation.

4 x weeks Saturday - then is the time to judge.
Pearson and proctor on 14:46 - Jul 1 with 2269 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pearson was a banker to sign for AFCHT.....roll on 13th July.

Proctor....only 7 starts for PNE.Nowt lost there.

bUry are flashing the cash though......are they back in training yet?
Pearson and proctor on 14:53 - Jul 1 with 2245 viewsaleanddale

Pearson and proctor on 14:46 - Jul 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Pearson was a banker to sign for AFCHT.....roll on 13th July.

Proctor....only 7 starts for PNE.Nowt lost there.

bUry are flashing the cash though......are they back in training yet?

Still Trialing so thats just 4 weeks for them to get fit - bonded.

Think they are off to Cornwall pre season.
Pearson and proctor on 15:09 - Jul 1 with 2196 viewsBrierls

Pearson and proctor on 14:05 - Jul 1 by MoonyDale

bury's signings so far have been a decent mixture of youth and experience, and comparable to ours if we take off the blue/black tinted glasses (trying to match on position & experience)...

Gareth Roberts vs Michael Rose
Ashley Grimes vs Ian Henderson
Nathan Cameron vs Olly Lancashire/Ashley Eastham
Euan Holden vs Matt Lund/Bastien Hery
Greg McDermott vs Scott Hogan
Andy Procter vs Peter Vincenti

I think Procter is a great signing for them, the pick of the bunch. Henderson is our stellar signing, by a distance, I'm still shocked and delighted that we managed to sign him.

I suppose the main difference is we already had some of the squad in place.
Pearson and proctor on 15:37 - Jul 1 with 2141 viewsaleanddale

some synergy although on every instance above at this stage i prefer who Dale have signed.

In fact looking at that list i am really confident now we will be having a good season.
Pearson and proctor on 15:39 - Jul 1 with 2132 viewsAtThePeake

Pearson and proctor on 15:37 - Jul 1 by aleanddale

some synergy although on every instance above at this stage i prefer who Dale have signed.

In fact looking at that list i am really confident now we will be having a good season.

On the contrary, I'm not.

I know we've not seen what the likes of Lancashire/Hogan/Hery/Lund will be able to do, but I know that we seem to have lost our best 2 players in Grant and JK...

Tangled up in blue.

Pearson and proctor on 15:44 - Jul 1 with 2094 viewsfitzochris

Pearson and proctor on 15:39 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

I know we've not seen what the likes of Lancashire/Hogan/Hery/Lund will be able to do, but I know that we seem to have lost our best 2 players in Grant and JK...

And to complete the set, I'm somewhere in the middle.

I think the signings we have made are good ones, but it's the loss of the out-and-out goalscorers (especially once Grant leaves) that worries me.

I fully trust we have the right man in charge to meld the current crop into a cohesive footballing unit by August 3, but I would be just that little bit more reassured if we signed someone with a proven scoring record (doesn't matter at what level).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Pearson and proctor on 15:55 - Jul 1 with 2049 viewsSuddenLad

The biggest differences between the two clubs at the moment are (1) Dale have had a preparation, with players secured earlier and the squad in preparation and crucially (2) the manager.

Giggle fans have been telling us for moths that KB is 'crap', 'doesn't know what he's doing' is 'a buffoon' etc., etc.

I know whose shoes I'd rather be in at the moment.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pearson and proctor on 16:19 - Jul 1 with 1984 viewsaleanddale

Pearson and proctor on 15:39 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

Grant and JK not on the list..

The example was there was synergy in the signings and i agree but in every case i am happier with our man.

Grant could yet be staying. If he goes - he goes for cash and in Hilly i trust to get the right man in at the right time in the right position.

Tenerife might just be what Grant needs to see his prospective 2013 team mates and decide to put himself in the shop window and perform to get the right to follow the production line of strikers who are all now moved onto a bigger footballing stage.
Pearson and proctor on 16:26 - Jul 1 with 1957 viewsBrierls

Pearson and proctor on 15:44 - Jul 1 by fitzochris

And to complete the set, I'm somewhere in the middle.

I think the signings we have made are good ones, but it's the loss of the out-and-out goalscorers (especially once Grant leaves) that worries me.

I fully trust we have the right man in charge to meld the current crop into a cohesive footballing unit by August 3, but I would be just that little bit more reassured if we signed someone with a proven scoring record (doesn't matter at what level).

I'm also somewhere in the middle of those two viewpoints, and share the same concerns about where the goals are going to come from with the expected loss of Grant (whether through a long suspension or him being sold). If/when Grant goes I fully expect Hilly will bring somebody in to replace him, but even with Grant I think we're a centre forward short.

Donnelly looked a different player when Hilly took over, but even with that improvement is he capable of leading the line at a consistently high standard week in week out? There's never been any doubt about Donnelly having the physical attributes to be a very good striker at this level, and he'll run through brick walls for the cause, but it's been the mental side of his game that lets him down. Hilly's focus on the mental side has helped improve Donnelly in a short period of time, so I look forward to seeing further improvement this season, but it's a big ask to spearhead the attack from the off. Looking beyond Donnelly we're down to highly rated (by Hill and Beech), but very inexperienced, kids like Bunney, Abadaki & possibly Hogan.

I don't think I've ever gone into a season knowing so little about the players in the squad. Lancashire, Eastham & Vincenti are the reasonably recognisable names, but I've no idea what to expect from Hery, Lund, Hogan, Bunney & Abadaki especially! At the moment I can't wait to get a glimpse of what they're about in pre-season. There's no solid reasoning behind it, but I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what Hery brings. French players are generally technically superior than their English counterparts, and technical ability matched by desire and drive is a good combination at this level.

Having said all of that, I completely agree with SuddenLad...I think we're much better prepared for the season than bury. Not just compared to bury either, we're much better prepared than I ever remember! Lets not forget that Hilly still has room in the budget for another couple of signings.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Pearson and proctor on 16:31 - Jul 1 with 1932 viewsfitzochris

Pearson and proctor on 16:26 - Jul 1 by Brierls

I'm also somewhere in the middle of those two viewpoints, and share the same concerns about where the goals are going to come from with the expected loss of Grant (whether through a long suspension or him being sold). If/when Grant goes I fully expect Hilly will bring somebody in to replace him, but even with Grant I think we're a centre forward short.

Donnelly looked a different player when Hilly took over, but even with that improvement is he capable of leading the line at a consistently high standard week in week out? There's never been any doubt about Donnelly having the physical attributes to be a very good striker at this level, and he'll run through brick walls for the cause, but it's been the mental side of his game that lets him down. Hilly's focus on the mental side has helped improve Donnelly in a short period of time, so I look forward to seeing further improvement this season, but it's a big ask to spearhead the attack from the off. Looking beyond Donnelly we're down to highly rated (by Hill and Beech), but very inexperienced, kids like Bunney, Abadaki & possibly Hogan.

I don't think I've ever gone into a season knowing so little about the players in the squad. Lancashire, Eastham & Vincenti are the reasonably recognisable names, but I've no idea what to expect from Hery, Lund, Hogan, Bunney & Abadaki especially! At the moment I can't wait to get a glimpse of what they're about in pre-season. There's no solid reasoning behind it, but I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what Hery brings. French players are generally technically superior than their English counterparts, and technical ability matched by desire and drive is a good combination at this level.

Having said all of that, I completely agree with SuddenLad...I think we're much better prepared for the season than bury. Not just compared to bury either, we're much better prepared than I ever remember! Lets not forget that Hilly still has room in the budget for another couple of signings.

Yeah, and I would fully expect Maynard to be one of the signings Hilly has room for, reading into the training camp diaries.

Hopefully a new centre forward or two are in his sights too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pearson and proctor on 16:44 - Jul 1 with 1907 viewsBrierls

Pearson and proctor on 16:31 - Jul 1 by fitzochris

Yeah, and I would fully expect Maynard to be one of the signings Hilly has room for, reading into the training camp diaries.

Hopefully a new centre forward or two are in his sights too.

The way Hilly talked about Maynard in his interview (without naming him at the time) suggested he'd pretty much made up his mind to sign him even before they left for Tenerife. Sounds promising.
Pearson and proctor on 17:20 - Jul 1 with 1834 viewspl56

Pearson and proctor on 16:44 - Jul 1 by Brierls

The way Hilly talked about Maynard in his interview (without naming him at the time) suggested he'd pretty much made up his mind to sign him even before they left for Tenerife. Sounds promising.

I've actually not seen or heard KH talk of Maynard specifically ; can you enlighten me as to what he has said about the lad please ?

From the odd snippet in the diaries he does seem to be acquitting himself well , particularly given the step up involved , and if he does sign , presumably his first contract will be a pretty cheap one from the club point of view .
Pearson and proctor on 17:33 - Jul 1 with 1796 viewsSaxonDale

Pearson and proctor on 17:20 - Jul 1 by pl56

I've actually not seen or heard KH talk of Maynard specifically ; can you enlighten me as to what he has said about the lad please ?

From the odd snippet in the diaries he does seem to be acquitting himself well , particularly given the step up involved , and if he does sign , presumably his first contract will be a pretty cheap one from the club point of view .

Hill said something along the lines of that he thought Maynard could become an excellent player and was one which he was looking forward to develop.
Pearson and proctor on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 1787 viewsBrierls

Pearson and proctor on 17:20 - Jul 1 by pl56

In his last interview before the squad headed to Tenerife, Leighanne asked Hilly about him wanting another centre half...Hilly said he might already have him in the building, he's a young trialist who is potentially an excellent player and he's looking forward to developing him.
Pearson and proctor on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 1774 viewsAtThePeake

Pearson and proctor on 17:33 - Jul 1 by SaxonDale

Hill said something along the lines of that he thought Maynard could become an excellent player and was one which he was looking forward to develop.

Anyone any idea how old he is?

Tangled up in blue.

Pearson and proctor on 17:41 - Jul 1 with 1761 viewsSaxonDale

Pearson and proctor on 17:39 - Jul 1 by AtThePeake

Anyone any idea how old he is?

23/24 I think.
Pearson and proctor on 17:49 - Jul 1 with 1725 viewsBrierls

Pearson and proctor on 17:41 - Jul 1 by SaxonDale

23/24 I think.

Yep, he was 22 when this MEN article was published in April 2012...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-move-wa
Pearson and proctor on 20:42 - Jul 1 with 1537 viewspl56

Pearson and proctor on 17:34 - Jul 1 by Brierls

In his last interview before the squad headed to Tenerife, Leighanne asked Hilly about him wanting another centre half...Hilly said he might already have him in the building, he's a young trialist who is potentially an excellent player and he's looking forward to developing him.

Thanks to both you and SaxonDale .
Pearson and proctor on 21:26 - Jul 1 with 1453 viewsIcelandDale

Lois pronounced how? When I read it I can only think of Mrs Griffin.
Pearson and proctor on 22:10 - Jul 1 with 1390 viewsChaffRAFC

Pearson and proctor on 21:26 - Jul 1 by IcelandDale

Lois pronounced how? When I read it I can only think of Mrs Griffin.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024