Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players 21:03 - Jan 22 with 5291 viewsNorthernr

QPR 1992/93 train at Yarborough Primary School in Grimsby ahead of League Cup second leg which they eventually won on penalties with Macca scoring the crucial kick with his socks rolled down. Few pretty obvious players here - Gary Penrice shouldn't be near kids in those shorts - but one or two we couldn't get here. Is that Tony Witter between Wilson and Wilkins?

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:10 - Jan 22 with 3999 viewsdaveB

my guess from left to right

Bardsley, Penrice, Peacock, Maddix, Brevett, Holloway, Impey, Sinton, Syejskal, Barker, Wilkins, Dennis bailey, Wilson and Macca

I reckon the one behind Wilkins is Gary Thompson
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:11 - Jan 22 with 3991 viewsNorthernr

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:10 - Jan 22 by daveB

my guess from left to right

Bardsley, Penrice, Peacock, Maddix, Brevett, Holloway, Impey, Sinton, Syejskal, Barker, Wilkins, Dennis bailey, Wilson and Macca

I reckon the one behind Wilkins is Gary Thompson

Yeh we said Gary Thompson for the obscured one, but we had it as Tony Witter between Wilkins and Wilson - although I think Bailey scored that night so must be him.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:12 - Jan 22 with 3988 viewsQPR_Jim

I love the fact Sinton looks like one of the kids in that pic. Darren Peacock appears to not have a ponytail either, very strange.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:40 - Jan 22 with 3896 viewskingo

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:12 - Jan 22 by QPR_Jim

I love the fact Sinton looks like one of the kids in that pic. Darren Peacock appears to not have a ponytail either, very strange.

I went to that game with Fearless, we won on penalties and it was mayhem trying to get out. In fact it was lively before the game too

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:45 - Jan 22 with 3872 viewsTacticalR

Holloway looks a different man. Managing at Palace did him in.

Air hostess clique

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:46 - Jan 22 with 3868 viewsted_hendrix

I spotted Mr Ed the talking horse straight away.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 21:52 - Jan 22 with 3841 viewsBklynRanger

How can 1992 seem so far away?
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 22:02 - Jan 22 with 3816 viewsPeterHucker

Love it. What a great bunch of players we had back then.
Login to get fewer ads

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 22:03 - Jan 22 with 3806 viewsLblock

Got the lot but fella whose head blotted out by Sgt Wilko.

Is it me or does Macca just seem absolutely MASSIVE

R.I.P Big Fella.
Gone too soon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 23:54 - Jan 22 with 3644 viewsqueensparker

Favourite squad of my early 80s onwards era. We were a real team back then. Poor old Olly, a living advert that being a manager isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And wasn't Tony Witter supposed to be the fastest player in the league at the time? I can't recall him playing a single game, but remember us wheeling out that fact in the programmes every now and then
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 23:56]
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 00:27 - Jan 23 with 3607 viewsQPRBrian

For any of us born in the 70s that era was what made it for us, the early eighties FA Cup then promotion team maybe too early to fully remember but the Olly/Willo/Barker/Sinton team with Les, Penrice and so many more with Macca as the constant....that's why I still love our club despite all the the recent Boo Lax. U Rrrrrsss!
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 07:45 - Jan 23 with 3474 viewskingsburyR

What a good team that was.

Wilkins was class in the middle, Bardsley/Wilson were excellent but I loved shins of steel Sinton!

Excellent keeper, great center backs!

Honesty, commitment, desire...... what happened???????

Here's a question for you, between the stating 11 back then, what would you say the average weekly wage was back then.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 08:20 - Jan 23 with 3422 viewsDiscodroids

nice of Ian Mcullouch of Echo and the bunnymen to pose in front of macca.

seems a world away looking back now, if only id have known then what i know now, id would have supported leyton orient!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 08:30 - Jan 23 with 3411 viewsMarc

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 07:45 - Jan 23 by kingsburyR

Wilkins was class in the middle, Bardsley/Wilson were excellent but I loved shins of steel Sinton!

Here's a question for you, between the stating 11 back then, what would you say the average weekly wage was back then.

3-5k
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 08:40 - Jan 23 with 3398 viewsCheshireR

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 07:45 - Jan 23 by kingsburyR

I was told that during the 89-90 season David Bardsley was on circa £65k a year.
No doubt it may have increased a bit by the time this photo was taken - but hardly a king's ransom.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 09:26 - Jan 23 with 3337 viewsQPunkR

Absolutely loved that team.
Disgusts me to think of the sheer number of wasters on our bench/pitch nowadays that earn more in a week than most of that squad would have earned in a whole year - and they did earn it.

QPR - "shit but local"

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 09:27 - Jan 23 with 3336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a great team that was. Built over the years by some excellent planning and excellent management.

That night in Grimsby was chaos. I wrote an overwrought piece for AKUTR's about it.

Nice fish, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 3322 viewsWestminsteRs

What a different game it was then. Training at a primary school in Grimsby, great players none of whom are standing there with headphones on.

Both Bailey and Thompson were in the squad that night: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-stejskals-spot-of-class-saves-ranger
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 09:56 - Jan 23 with 3296 viewsCamberleyR

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 23:54 - Jan 22 by queensparker

Favourite squad of my early 80s onwards era. We were a real team back then. Poor old Olly, a living advert that being a manager isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And wasn't Tony Witter supposed to be the fastest player in the league at the time? I can't recall him playing a single game, but remember us wheeling out that fact in the programmes every now and then
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 23:56]

Witter played once, first game of the 93/94 season away at Villa, the only time we wore the all black kit with the red trim (think it was the first season they allowed teams to wear black as the refs didn't). I think Darren Peacock was injured.

I was there that day and as I recall Witter was given a torrid time by Dean Saunders and Dalian Atkinson in a 4-1 spanking. They did score a couple late on but the scoreline didn't flatter them.

After that, Gerry, who I think was a bit superstitious, ditched the black away kit for one that was a mirror image, the all red with black trim that we wore in that famous 2-1 at Newcastle for example.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:01 - Jan 23 with 3288 viewspaulparker

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 09:27 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

What a great team that was. Built over the years by some excellent planning and excellent management.

That night in Grimsby was chaos. I wrote an overwrought piece for AKUTR's about it.

Nice fish, though.

Never went to that game Bri , but if your talking chaos then the fa cup 1st round game there about 11 years ago was , plenty of aggro that day coming out the away end

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:07 - Jan 23 with 3279 viewsCamberleyR

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 08:30 - Jan 23 by Marc

3-5k

The average weekly wage I'd have said was 2K a week tops. Remember this was the first season of the Sky deal which as I recall was only £300m over 5 years (only!) and that money wouldn't have yet filtered down to the players wage packets.

Out of that lot Wilkins was probably the top earner but he was I reckon maybe on £150K a year. Remember we had players like Peacock and Brevett that had very recently come from the fourth division and Impey from non league so they were probably only on £800-1000 a week max.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 3275 viewsNorthernr

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:01 - Jan 23 by paulparker

Never went to that game Bri , but if your talking chaos then the fa cup 1st round game there about 11 years ago was , plenty of aggro that day coming out the away end

Well we'd given it the big un and run on the pitch the month before when Sabin scored so I don't think they were overly thrilled.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:19 - Jan 23 with 3258 viewspaulparker

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:09 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Well we'd given it the big un and run on the pitch the month before when Sabin scored so I don't think they were overly thrilled.

You may be right North , as the sabin one was in the same season, (last minute winner)
I just seem to remember a lot of Grimsby herberts with fake burberry caps having a pop at the away end when the game finished,
quite a bit of fisticuffs after as I remember it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:25 - Jan 23 with 3248 viewsdaveB

Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:09 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Ahh Grimsby, I've been twice, First time in 1997 after Freshers week at uni, was blind drunk, met AKUTRS guru Dave Thomas for the first time and told him I loved him, thankfully he doesn't remember this. We lost 2-0, I went into a meltdown swearing like an idiot and babbling abuse and was asked to leave the stadium by a police officer or dragged away by the old bill depending on how sexy I want to make the story. As I was taken away arms behind my back feeling incredible shame Trevor Sinclair, who I knew reasonably well at the time, was taking a corner and said "Alright dave, how's it going", the coppers laughed a lot and let me go and get my train back to Middlesbrough.

Second time was our first and only win at Grimsby, great day that one. Warren Barton celebrating like a mad man and I can still see me and my wife running like lunatics to the front as Sabin scored on that end of season dvd. We went to a pub before and was the first time I'd seen a vending machine with sex toys in, I got one for a laugh and disgracefully set it to vibrate before throwing it on the pitch at full time.The look on the stewards face when he picked it up was worth it. I miss those so called dark days. Grimsby seems to bring out the worst in me.
Rare QPR pic from 1992 - name the players on 10:37 - Jan 23 with 3227 viewsheadhoops

what a great team that was - is that David Milliband stood in front of Macca.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024