Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defensive errors 12:04 - Mar 8 with 864 viewsDorsetIan

It's been bugging me for a while that every time someone has scored against us recently it's been put down to 'the usual/typical' defensive errors.

Not every goal conceded is down to a defensive error. Even the best defences concede.

Valery's yesterday was a defensive error, a disappointing unforced mistake which gifted a goal to the opposition.

Can we use that as our benchmark in the future?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Defensive errors on 12:12 - Mar 8 with 856 viewsSaintsforeverj

I'm fed up of it. Get beat by brilliance fair enough. Keep getting beat by rediculous mistakes is like leaving your wallet in a bar and then looking surprised when it gets stolen. As Ralph said last week, the defending is in fact a joke. Most goals we concede can be avoided. Our defending is abysmal.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 12:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Defensive errors on 14:20 - Mar 8 with 803 viewssaint22

I actually think in every game we have lost this season we have gifted at least one goal
It’s something we all knew about and now that GAO is selling it’s clear why we never strengthened our defence
It makes a mockery of us really
Maybe GAO will end up really suffering if we keep losing and go down..........
Defensive errors on 15:45 - Mar 8 with 776 viewsKennington

Simply this current defence is poor for this league. They aren’t going to suddenly stop making errors because they’re playing at a level that’s beyond their ability. Until this is addressed then it’ll just keep repeating.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Defensive errors on 18:16 - Mar 8 with 723 viewsCapt_Koons

There isn't a whole lot of difference between your average Premier League defender and an average Championship defender except the latter is likely to make more unforced errors. We have too many championship level defenders.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Defensive errors on 18:52 - Mar 8 with 693 viewsthis_charming_man

The defensive display yesterday in the first half was absolutely awful. 3 times Stephens lost his man leaving them in 5 yards of space in or need the six yard box. First time McCarthy made his treble save, second time Gayle headed straight at him, third time Gayle put it into the side netting. It was better second half but the first half was absolutely shambolic and been the same thing game after game season after season for the last three years.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Defensive errors on 19:40 - Mar 8 with 668 viewsSaintsforeverj

Defensive errors on 18:52 - Mar 8 by this_charming_man

The defensive display yesterday in the first half was absolutely awful. 3 times Stephens lost his man leaving them in 5 yards of space in or need the six yard box. First time McCarthy made his treble save, second time Gayle headed straight at him, third time Gayle put it into the side netting. It was better second half but the first half was absolutely shambolic and been the same thing game after game season after season for the last three years.

It was the fans fault. If the fans were louder and sang more, there wouldn't have been any mistakes at all.

The defence is actually very good. We just don't support them enough.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 19:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Defensive errors (n/t) on 20:10 - Mar 8 with 643 viewsDellHero

Defensive errors on 19:40 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

It was the fans fault. If the fans were louder and sang more, there wouldn't have been any mistakes at all.

The defence is actually very good. We just don't support them enough.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 19:42]

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:49]
Defensive errors on 20:18 - Mar 8 with 629 viewskingslandstand1

Defensive errors (n/t) on 20:10 - Mar 8 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:49]

I've sent a message to Van Dick, Nivea boy and the Ox to see if they'd come back and help us out for half the wages they are currently on

Awaitning a response
Login to get fewer ads

Defensive errors on 13:21 - Mar 9 with 516 viewsdarthvader

Defensive errors on 20:18 - Mar 8 by kingslandstand1

I've sent a message to Van Dick, Nivea boy and the Ox to see if they'd come back and help us out for half the wages they are currently on

Awaitning a response

They said they would but that daftvader bloke keeps calling lielanna a cuñt and so they dint like that kind of language so will be staying put tyvm

keep the faith coyr

Defensive errors on 13:40 - Mar 9 with 506 viewsSonicBoom

Basically we aren't a very strong team physically or mentally.

Physically we can be bullied. Look at Antonio and Haller from West Ham. Absolutely smashed us twice this season. St Maxim was much the same.
The frailness of the defence must affect thew whole team as we are simply waiting to gift chances.
I'd also say that we don't put away our own chances either. How many games have we dominated in terms of shots and not won? Recently I can think of Spurs and even Liverpool where we have loads of chances and didn't put them away.
Even Villa at home we had what, 27 shots and scored twice.
If we were to put just a couple of those away we could probably take the pressure off the defence a bit.
That's part of the problem I have with sticking with Shane Long. He doesn't convert which ends up being costly.
Leaky defence and wasteful forwards usually equals trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024