Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 21:27 - Apr 5 with 2608 viewsSaintNick

In hospital, Churchill nearly died of pneumonia twice in WW2 but it was kept quiet at the time, coincidence discuss !

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Boris Johnson on 21:36 - Apr 5 with 1723 viewsOccasional_Showers

He hasn’t looked well. Seeing his illness and Matt Hancocks shows just how unpredictable this is.

Lord Bath died of it today.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Boris Johnson on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 1714 viewsthissceptredsaint

There is no comparison, the only thing in common is the American connection

Obviously although I cannot honestly feel much sympathy for him I wish him a safe recovery
Boris Johnson on 21:55 - Apr 5 with 1706 viewsIngskneeslide

Stop comparing him to Churchill ffs
Boris Johnson on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 1657 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Poor bloke. Like everyone ill with this sh*t, I hope he recovers.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Boris Johnson on 22:30 - Apr 5 with 1633 viewsthis_charming_man

Get well soon Boris.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Boris Johnson on 23:30 - Apr 5 with 1578 viewsdirk_doone

I hope that he and all the other victims of coronavirus survive. I just heard that 80 doctors and nurses have died of coronavirus in Italy and 2 more have committed suicide, which is horrific.

These are dark times but is humour appropriate? I think it is. Anything which makes us smile is good.

From what I've seen #2 is very true:

https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-funny-jokes/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=o
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 23:58]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Boris Johnson on 23:51 - Apr 5 with 1556 viewssfc1971

Get well soon Prime minister. No matter what you think of him He`s ill as are many others. My thoughts are with anyone suffering or related to those going through hell. May God bless you all!

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Boris Johnson on 23:58 - Apr 5 with 1544 viewsSaintsforeverj

Get well soon Boris.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 07:47 - Apr 6 with 1484 viewsCapt_Koons

Cant think of anyone less like Chirchill than Johnson. However I hope all sufferers of this disease a speedy recovery. I was moved by the news last week of a 36 year old nurse and mother of 3 young children who died of it, she had no underlying health issues at all. Tragic.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Boris Johnson on 07:52 - Apr 6 with 1476 viewsBoris_

Boris Johnson on 07:47 - Apr 6 by Capt_Koons

Cant think of anyone less like Chirchill than Johnson. However I hope all sufferers of this disease a speedy recovery. I was moved by the news last week of a 36 year old nurse and mother of 3 young children who died of it, she had no underlying health issues at all. Tragic.

I think it will turn out that she had an undiagnosed underlying health condition tbh.

Poll: Claude Puel

Boris Johnson on 07:56 - Apr 6 with 1468 viewsCapt_Koons

Boris Johnson on 07:52 - Apr 6 by Boris_

I think it will turn out that she had an undiagnosed underlying health condition tbh.

That's alright then.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Boris Johnson on 07:59 - Apr 6 with 1453 viewsOccasional_Showers

Boris Johnson on 07:52 - Apr 6 by Boris_

She might have been a smoker. Smokers by the fact that they smoke have underlying health issues because smoking kills off the cilia in the lungs. These cilia are like coral filters that help to prevent infection. When a smoker catches Covid-19 they have no primary defence mechanism so are far more susceptible to fatal lung infections.

Even if someone smokes now if they stop now even after 7 days they will be in a much stronger position to fight this virus. When I see people puffing away now with this virus raging I just think they’re complete and utter morons. Giving up is a no brainer.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 8:03]

Boris Johnson on 08:03 - Apr 6 with 1456 viewsCapt_Koons

Boris Johnson on 07:59 - Apr 6 by Occasional_Showers

She might have been a smoker. Smokers by the fact that they smoke have underlying health issues because smoking kills off the cilia in the lungs. These cilia are like coral filters that help to prevent infection. When a smoker catches Covid-19 they have no primary defence mechanism so are far more susceptible to fatal lung infections.

Even if someone smokes now if they stop now even after 7 days they will be in a much stronger position to fight this virus. When I see people puffing away now with this virus raging I just think they’re complete and utter morons. Giving up is a no brainer.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 8:03]

Does Boris smoke?

Boris Johnson on 08:04 - Apr 6 with 1444 viewsOccasional_Showers

Boris Johnson on 08:03 - Apr 6 by Capt_Koons

Does Boris smoke?

I don’t think so, but I don’t know for sure. I really do think the government should be telling people to give up the disgusting habit or catch corona and die.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 8:06]

Boris Johnson on 08:11 - Apr 6 with 1441 viewsBoris_

Boris Johnson on 07:56 - Apr 6 by Capt_Koons

That's alright then.

Well no it's not alright obviously but the facts are that it kills the nearly dead ( with a few exceptions in the same way influenza can kill people with no underlying medical conditions ).

A report in Italy suggests that well over 90% of people who died in Italy, would have been dead within a year anyway, as a result of their underlying medical conditions.

Boris Johnson on 08:22 - Apr 6 with 1433 viewsMr_Happy

Boris Johnson on 08:03 - Apr 6 by Capt_Koons

Does Boris smoke?

A cocaine habit will lower your immunity.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Boris Johnson on 08:26 - Apr 6 with 1427 viewsCapt_Koons

Boris Johnson on 08:22 - Apr 6 by Mr_Happy

A cocaine habit will lower your immunity.

As will carrying extra pounds

Boris Johnson on 08:36 - Apr 6 with 1414 viewsMr_Happy

Boris Johnson on 08:26 - Apr 6 by Capt_Koons

As will carrying extra pounds

Drinking alcohol lowers immunity substantially as well.
Alcoholics and binge drinkers have very low immunity levels.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Boris Johnson on 08:37 - Apr 6 with 1413 viewsinthebox

Boris Johnson on 08:11 - Apr 6 by Boris_

Well no it's not alright obviously but the facts are that it kills the nearly dead ( with a few exceptions in the same way influenza can kill people with no underlying medical conditions ).

A report in Italy suggests that well over 90% of people who died in Italy, would have been dead within a year anyway, as a result of their underlying medical conditions.

The nearly dead, what the fu+k are you on about. That 90% is well past its sell by date. As for Boris if only he'd followed his own advice like the Scottish health adviser.The reference to the war doesn't equate either, a virus doesn't organise an epidemic we enable it to happen with our life style and political decision making. Hopefully he recovers a more empathetic person and increases Nurses pay, a student nurse on a virus ward is on £500 a month
Boris Johnson on 08:41 - Apr 6 with 1411 viewssaint22

Boris Johnson on 08:37 - Apr 6 by inthebox

The nearly dead, what the fu+k are you on about. That 90% is well past its sell by date. As for Boris if only he'd followed his own advice like the Scottish health adviser.The reference to the war doesn't equate either, a virus doesn't organise an epidemic we enable it to happen with our life style and political decision making. Hopefully he recovers a more empathetic person and increases Nurses pay, a student nurse on a virus ward is on £500 a month

I wonder if he had to wait in line in an overcrowded underfunded A&E whilst think about the 100bn he is spunking on the stupid hs2
Boris Johnson on 08:48 - Apr 6 with 1394 viewsOccasional_Showers

Boris Johnson on 08:41 - Apr 6 by saint22

I wonder if he had to wait in line in an overcrowded underfunded A&E whilst think about the 100bn he is spunking on the stupid hs2

I hardly think a div who flies transatlantic for a 30 minute meeting (yes I know it’s all made up) can judge anyone on the grounds of stupidity.

Boris Johnson on 08:48 - Apr 6 with 1403 viewsBoris_

Boris Johnson on 08:37 - Apr 6 by inthebox

Do you think that 90% of those who die don't have serious underlying medical conditions?

And then there is also how deaths are recorded... Eddie Large's family have just been on GMB - in their words, he was in hospital with heart failure ( not Covid-19 ) and they had been going in every day for weeks as they knew they didn't have long left with him.

He contracted Covid-19 but died in his sleep before the virus was even serious.

Yet his death is being classed as a Coronavirus death, instead of heart failure. Does that sound right?

Boris Johnson on 09:27 - Apr 6 with 1378 viewsinthebox

For those into stats https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200401-coronavirus-why-death-and-mortality-
Boris Johnson on 09:33 - Apr 6 with 1365 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/06/uk-missed-coronavirus-contact-tr

another missed opportunity, this government are a shambles
Boris Johnson on 09:49 - Apr 6 with 1344 viewsdirk_doone

Boris Johnson on 09:27 - Apr 6 by inthebox

For those into stats https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200401-coronavirus-why-death-and-mortality-

"One preliminary study has found that it’s likely that far more people have died from Covid-19. That’s because the overall death rate — not just from Covid-19, but from all causes — was four times higher this year than in the same period last year. Ordinarily, around 35 people die in the first months of the year in Nembro. This year, 158 people were registered to have died.
This jump in excess deaths is speculated to be down to undiagnosed and untested cases of Covid-19.
The number of hospital beds available could also play a role, as countries with lower capacity in their health services may have to start making decisions sooner about which Covid-19 cases to prioritise for treatment. This could lead to more Covid-19 deaths in the community that go untested (and uncounted), as people with symptoms stay away."

I guess a lot of victims who live alone may just take to their beds and die at home. Is it true that anyone who dies of Covid-19 in this country, anywhere other than a hospital - in a residental care home, for example - is not included in the stats? I know that it is in some countries but I'm not sure about the UK. It was the situation in France but now they've decided to start including the care home deaths.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 10:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024