Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain 10:26 - Sep 1 with 18819 viewsdirk_doone

This topic seems to be discussed on here a lot by our obsessed visitor from Little Pompey so here are all the main lists that take a range of criteria into account.

Talksport give a very balanced, objective view, taking a range of criteria into account:

https://talksport.com/football/320299/top-30-biggest-football-clubs-britain-30-n

An alternative list from 1Sports1, also taking a range of criteria into account:

https://www.1sports1.com/biggest-football-clubs-in-the-uk/

Football database ranking:

https://footballdatabase.com/ranking/england/1

World Soccer's Big Club Survey results, again using a range of criteria:

https://www.worldsoccer.com/news/makes-big-club-408679

The Big Club Survey: How we did it:

https://blog.betway.com/football/the-big-club-survey-how-we-did-it/

[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 11:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:30 - Sep 10 with 1679 viewsBison

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:22 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

More waffle, I am giving you facts, and you are going on about Bruce Forsyth (good, good game!!)

Here is a little test for you, name as many B clubs in a minute as you can, there are 14 of them. You will certainly be able to name the big clubs, and not the little ones.

I've just edited my previous post , again big thanks. Oh by the way last time I checked the word players does not contain a B. But...

Barnsley F.C.‎
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth‎
Bradford
Brighton
Burnley
Bradford
Bury
Burton
Bristol city
Bristol rovers
Brentford

[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 12:39]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:40 - Sep 10 with 1661 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:30 - Sep 10 by Bison

I've just edited my previous post , again big thanks. Oh by the way last time I checked the word players does not contain a B. But...

Barnsley F.C.‎
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth‎
Bradford
Brighton
Burnley
Bradford
Bury
Burton
Bristol city
Bristol rovers
Brentford

[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 12:39]

Thanks for your input, but you have just proved my point. You didn't name

Barrow
Burton Albion
Brentford

and surprisingly, or deliberately
Bristol Rovers
Bristol city

And when it comes to the S's, there is no way you would forget the Sheffield clubs, Sunderland, Soton, and probably Stoke. Most people would also get Swansea.

Yet despite this, your club only got 27.

Ask non-football people to name an R club, and they will mostly struggle unless they are from the North West, why would that be?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 1662 viewsBison

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:40 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Barrow
Burton Albion
Brentford

Bristol Rovers
Bristol city

And when it comes to the S's, there is no way you would forget the Sheffield clubs, Sunderland, Soton, and probably Stoke. Most people would also get Swansea.

Ask non-football people to name an R club, and they will mostly struggle unless they are from the North West, why would that be?

Yes but the lady from wales knew all about us on the pointless television quiz show.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:45 - Sep 10 with 1651 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:43 - Sep 10 by Bison

Yes but the lady from wales knew all about us on the pointless television quiz show.

The R club?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:48 - Sep 10 with 1654 viewsBison

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:45 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The R club?

Rochdale the home of Lisa Stansfield.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:24 - Sep 10 with 1634 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:48 - Sep 10 by Bison

Rochdale the home of Lisa Stansfield.

So you got the one R club, but you couldn't get the five P clubs who are all bigger than Rochdale. This is a fine hole you are digging.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:39 - Sep 10 with 1636 viewsBison

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:24 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So you got the one R club, but you couldn't get the five P clubs who are all bigger than Rochdale. This is a fine hole you are digging.

I am really not sure what you mean ? Is this to do with pointless still ? If so I was not on the panel for that , I would of loved to have gone on Bruce Forsythes Generation game ( or for that matter Larry Graysons version although I didn't quite like that as much.)

I did go on Crackerjack though, the name alludes me now Ed someone hosted it. Anyway play nice now and try not to get too stressy as I'm off for a game of golf.

Oh yeah it was Ed Stewart I think.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:47 - Sep 10 with 1624 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:39 - Sep 10 by Bison

I am really not sure what you mean ? Is this to do with pointless still ? If so I was not on the panel for that , I would of loved to have gone on Bruce Forsythes Generation game ( or for that matter Larry Graysons version although I didn't quite like that as much.)

I did go on Crackerjack though, the name alludes me now Ed someone hosted it. Anyway play nice now and try not to get too stressy as I'm off for a game of golf.

Oh yeah it was Ed Stewart I think.

You couldn't name the 5 P clubs, yet you named the 12 S clubs. That totally contradicts your initial philosophy.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 13:48]

Login to get fewer ads

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:08 - Sep 10 with 1613 views1teeminants

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:24 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I would ‘nt say Portsmouth are bigger than Rochdale. Pretty similar I would have thought.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:34 - Sep 10 with 1588 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:08 - Sep 10 by 1teeminants

I would ‘nt say Portsmouth are bigger than Rochdale. Pretty similar I would have thought.

A fine and precise comment, if you were a dribbling retard.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:34 - Sep 10 with 1593 viewsButty101

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:08 - Sep 10 by 1teeminants

Very true Rochdale havent manged to have an average attendance over 23k a season, for the last 60 years either.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:42 - Sep 10 with 1584 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:34 - Sep 10 by Butty101

Very true Rochdale havent manged to have an average attendance over 23k a season, for the last 60 years either.

No, but they have managed to win 1 trophy this century, just like your club.

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 16:27 - Sep 10 with 1568 viewsInsideOut

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:34 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Little Pompey are ya ? Try eating less baked means mush

LP as in a stuck record, precisely

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:54 - Sep 11 with 1438 views1teeminants

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:34 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

They’ve probably got the same amount of twitter followers as nobody would of heard of either of them outside this country .You are after all both lower league trash .
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 14:55]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 15:09 - Sep 11 with 1427 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 14:54 - Sep 11 by 1teeminants

They’ve probably got the same amount of twitter followers as nobody would of heard of either of them outside this country .You are after all both lower league trash .
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 14:55]

Did they ever win the FA cup?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 13:32 - Jan 6 with 1164 viewsdirk_doone

Where are Little Pompey in this list???? I scrolled down to the very bottom and the likes of Haverfordwest County and Dungannon Swifts and still couldn't find them. It's as if they've become SO small that nobody in Europe even knows they exist any more.

https://www.euroclubindex.com/
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 13:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 16:58 - Jan 6 with 1079 viewsBerber

Talksport ranked the 30 biggest football clubs in Britain on 12:40 - Sep 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Barrow
Burton Albion
Brentford

Bristol Rovers
Bristol city

kinell, playground word games as the basis for an argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024