Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fickle fans 14:01 - Sep 20 with 1445 viewsMattFinish

I've never known such a bunch of fickle fans

For f*cks sake we're two games into the season after finishing the previous season in brilliant form and everyone's calling for the manager's head and slagging off the team

Pathetic

In coming
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 14:02]
Fickle fans on 14:10 - Sep 20 with 1396 viewsSaintsforeverj

No, the fans are hurting and want the team to win. We can all see, including Nick that we need to invest in the defence. Fans are annoyed that whilst Newcastle spent 40 million, Everton up to 100 million, Villa 50 million we can't even replace Hojbjerg. We have a thread bare squad, have lost 3 in a row, just lost by 5 today and fans are hurt and a bit concerned. If you want to say arn't we great go ahead, that's your opinion.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fickle fans on 14:10 - Sep 20 with 1392 viewsA1079

Not fickle at all Matt. What happened at the end of last season should have given us all hope but it was another false dawn amongst many false dawns.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong when you consistently start seasons as badly as we and endure a set of embarrassing results almost annually. These are not just narrow defeats they are resounding punishing defeats. Yes, we will have our good moments but they come when we seem to be fighting for our PL lives.

I don't know where the problem sits but fundamentally has to be down to the lowering in quality and depth of the squad over a number of seasons. Ralph needs to be much more tactically astute and I thought he had learnt from last autumn. I am not suggesting he should go or anything and when he gets it right and the team get it right we can seem to match anyone but they just seem to be bright spells rather than protracted periods of sunshine. We are already out of one cup competition and lets be honest, no Saints fan believes we can win the league, but just occasionally, just very occasionally we expect more than a constant battle of survival.
Fickle fans on 14:13 - Sep 20 with 1377 viewsI_would

You can dream all you like but this is an results and entertainment business.

Get results Ralph and enterf*****gtain.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Fickle fans on 14:15 - Sep 20 with 1373 views1885_SFC

Fickle fans on 14:13 - Sep 20 by I_would

We will strengthen in one or two areas. Salisu has yet to appear. Armstrong will get fitter. Djenepo will get sharper. We will go on a long, unbeaten run & play some excellent, entertaining football along the way - just like last season... which will mean you will disappear up your own arse once again - go AWOL from the forum because there's nothing to whinge about - and be made the look the absolute horses dong that you are... yet AGAIN

Old School is Cool

Fickle fans on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 1361 viewscocklebreath

Not sure anyone other than the dick I would wants Ralph out but he needs to know that the way he’s setting up the defence is suicide and the way the club is run is sooner or later going to lead to relegation

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fickle fans on 14:18 - Sep 20 with 1343 viewskingslandstand1

Not fickle, we finished last season on such a high but these 3 performances so far have not been as expected

First half was good but how do you capitulate like that and not take that first half performance in to the 2nd

Def not looking for Ralph's head, but serious changes need to be made at CB snd elsewhere. He's got a week to sort things out otherwise it is going to be a struggle
Fickle fans on 14:24 - Sep 20 with 1322 viewsI_would

Fickle fans on 14:15 - Sep 20 by 1885_SFC

We will strengthen in one or two areas. Salisu has yet to appear. Armstrong will get fitter. Djenepo will get sharper. We will go on a long, unbeaten run & play some excellent, entertaining football along the way - just like last season... which will mean you will disappear up your own arse once again - go AWOL from the forum because there's nothing to whinge about - and be made the look the absolute horses dong that you are... yet AGAIN

Del/Les how are you? The truth seems to give you a lot of problems. What's up , you seem very upset that I know what I'm talking about and am proven correct?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Fickle fans on 14:37 - Sep 20 with 1279 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1307653060659941378

I tell you what is pathetic, and that's Stephens standing there without so much as a tackle or anything and Son running through unchallenged.

Login to get fewer ads

Fickle fans on 15:36 - Sep 20 with 1210 viewsMattFinish

Fickle fans on 14:10 - Sep 20 by Saintsforeverj

No, the fans are hurting and want the team to win. We can all see, including Nick that we need to invest in the defence. Fans are annoyed that whilst Newcastle spent 40 million, Everton up to 100 million, Villa 50 million we can't even replace Hojbjerg. We have a thread bare squad, have lost 3 in a row, just lost by 5 today and fans are hurt and a bit concerned. If you want to say arn't we great go ahead, that's your opinion.

I agree. Obviously I'm not saying all fans are fickle, just the usual suspects.

Regardless of the transfer situation, we're two games into the season. Let's not panic just yet.

I totally agree we need to add to the squad particularly in midfield.

Just sick of the bed wetters
Fickle fans on 15:42 - Sep 20 with 1187 viewsTripleNiemi

Totally agree Matt.

The other thing is what the fcuk do our lot expect when we flog anything that moves and expect the manager to perform miracles.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:43]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Fickle fans on 15:49 - Sep 20 with 1172 viewsBicester_North

Fickle fans on 15:42 - Sep 20 by TripleNiemi

Totally agree Matt.

The other thing is what the fcuk do our lot expect when we flog anything that moves and expect the manager to perform miracles.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:43]

You almost get the idea Ralph is making a point by playing this way, prepared to make a losing start to illustrate how badly we need new players.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fickle fans on 15:56 - Sep 20 with 1147 viewsSadoldgit

Fickle fans on 14:13 - Sep 20 by I_would

It isn’t the entertainment business. It is sport - competition. If you want entertainment go to the cinema or theatre. This is about competing and trying to win.
Fickle fans on 16:05 - Sep 20 with 1131 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fickle fans on 15:36 - Sep 20 by MattFinish

I agree. Obviously I'm not saying all fans are fickle, just the usual suspects.

Regardless of the transfer situation, we're two games into the season. Let's not panic just yet.

I totally agree we need to add to the squad particularly in midfield.

Just sick of the bed wetters

I agree with that. But why we sign a defender that can't play, why we sell Hojbjerg and don't replace him, why we keep signing players with 2 minutes left of the transfer window, I really do not know. The lack of urgency, the living in a fantasy land is just so annoying. Then our fears come true with another horrendous defeat. Like others have said, it's just the same old story.

Fickle fans on 16:11 - Sep 20 with 1115 views1885_SFC

Fickle fans on 16:05 - Sep 20 by Saintsforeverj

I agree with that. But why we sign a defender that can't play, why we sell Hojbjerg and don't replace him, why we keep signing players with 2 minutes left of the transfer window, I really do not know. The lack of urgency, the living in a fantasy land is just so annoying. Then our fears come true with another horrendous defeat. Like others have said, it's just the same old story.

I honestly think that until we ship a couple of players out - we won't have the funds to bring new recruits in... not when you consider how tight Gao is with the purse strings. I keep reading that a couple of our expensive flops are about to move on, but they never seem to materialise... and if/when they do - it'll be at the 11th hour with no time to make additions.

Old School is Cool

Fickle fans on 16:21 - Sep 20 with 1099 viewsInsideOut

Fickle fans on 14:15 - Sep 20 by 1885_SFC

Thanks for saving me from typing something similar 1885

Also, why do they get their knickers in such a twist before the transfer window has even closed ? Most of us haven't the foggiest what the club is planning. Who knows, with a bit of luck someone may even cough up the money to save us from Kat & The Cashless Wu Tang Band.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Fickle fans on 16:25 - Sep 20 with 1080 viewssaint22

Fickle fans on 16:05 - Sep 20 by Saintsforeverj

This
You can’t run any normal business making the same mistakes so why this one?
Fickle fans on 17:00 - Sep 20 with 1028 viewsMattFinish

I think we're the only team to make a profit in the transfer market over a five year period. So what has the TV money, PL money, gate money, advertising money, merchandising money, sponsorship money been spent on?
Fickle fans on 17:16 - Sep 20 with 1003 viewskingslandstand1

Fickle fans on 15:49 - Sep 20 by Bicester_North

You almost get the idea Ralph is making a point by playing this way, prepared to make a losing start to illustrate how badly we need new players.

I cannot believe any manager would do something like that and in effect play to lose, unless he genuinely has enough faith in the squad to pull it back.

The strange thing is that they played well in the first half and created chances and should really have put the game to bed. Then Son got out of 2nd gear and said thank you very much to our defence for helping him out, not once, but 4 times!
Fickle fans on 17:23 - Sep 20 with 981 viewsstmichael

You sound like the 16 year old I was at Watford singing we’ll support you ever more at Watford after a 7-1 defeat.
Sadly decades later you still know Fcuk all about the game.
I respect you for still caring 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Fickle fans on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 960 viewssledger

to set us up like today with the defenders we have is clinically insane,we had warnings before they scored
Fickle fans on 17:32 - Sep 20 with 956 viewsJaySaint

Just seen Ralph's post match comments. He rightly states we need playerS in!

Noting the plural there. I hope we back him

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Fickle fans on 17:39 - Sep 20 with 950 viewsstmichael

You sound like the 16 year old I was at Watford singing we’ll support you ever more at Watford after a 7-1 defeat.
Sadly decades later you still know Fcuk all about the game.
I respect you for still caring 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024