Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Stephens 13:04 - Nov 1 with 1272 viewsRon11

Coming on for Bednarek
Jack Stephens on 13:22 - Nov 1 with 1240 viewsRon11

Poor defending for Villa's goal
Jack Stephens on 13:36 - Nov 1 with 1221 viewsBicester_North

Seeing Stephens on the pitch again is painful. Still apart from that we’ve been sensational overall
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 13:37]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Jack Stephens on 14:00 - Nov 1 with 1188 viewsRon11

Jack Stephens on 13:36 - Nov 1 by Bicester_North

Seeing Stephens on the pitch again is painful. Still apart from that we’ve been sensational overall

Would agree, but it went downhill a fair bit after Bednarek stayed off, apart from that great strike by Danny Ings.
WTF was Diallo doing for that penalty?
Jack Stephens on 14:00 - Nov 1 with 1183 viewsBicester_North

Jack Stephens on 14:00 - Nov 1 by Ron11

Would agree, but it went downhill a fair bit after Bednarek stayed off, apart from that great strike by Danny Ings.

Don’t think he knew Grealish was there?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Jack Stephens on 14:03 - Nov 1 with 1158 viewsTimSaint

Bednarek must wonder WTF happened in the 2nd half !!

3-0 and cruising at HT

Hopefully Bed, Bert and Ings are ok

TimSaint

Jack Stephens on 14:11 - Nov 1 with 1136 viewsRon11

Jack Stephens on 14:00 - Nov 1 by Bicester_North

Don’t think he knew Grealish was there?

Grealish was constantly there throughout the game!
Jack Stephens on 14:12 - Nov 1 with 1129 views1885_SFC

I hope this Salisu is fit pretty soon.

Old School is Cool

Jack Stephens on 00:50 - Nov 2 with 977 viewsScoot

I'm the first to criticise but also the first to give credit where its due. At the end of last season after lockdown stephens looked good and I gave him praise. However every time I've seen him play this season he's looked like a child amongst men. It's almost like if the manager doesn't play him for a game or two his confidence goes to pot then its back to square one. Let's hope Salisu is the player we all want him to be. We need him to be fit for Newcastle.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Stephens on 06:30 - Nov 2 with 926 viewsSalisburySaint

Jack Stephens on 13:36 - Nov 1 by Bicester_North

All the stick I’ve seen online for Stephens yesterday, but can’t see why, don’t think he was at fault for any of the goals.

I know he was poor in Spurs game, but looks like he’s the current scapegoat now whatever he does.
Jack Stephens on 08:13 - Nov 2 with 889 viewssaint22

Jack Stephens on 06:30 - Nov 2 by SalisburySaint

All the stick I’ve seen online for Stephens yesterday, but can’t see why, don’t think he was at fault for any of the goals.

I know he was poor in Spurs game, but looks like he’s the current scapegoat now whatever he does.

He is just not good enough and should be nowhere near our first team
Hopefully Salisu is now fit, or will he need another international break???
Jack Stephens on 09:54 - Nov 2 with 834 viewsSaintNick

Jack Stephens on 06:30 - Nov 2 by SalisburySaint

I have long been a critic of Stephens, my view of him doesnt change with a bad performance or two.

Bednarek and Vestergaard made a good partnership because they know their jobs and how to hold their positions, Stephens can't read a game and wanders which in turn pulls others out of position to cover.

Look at a lot of our goals conceded and Stephens is not where he should be, in 2 1/2 games Stephens has played we have let in 9 goals, in the other 4 1/2 we have let in 3

Coincidence ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jack Stephens on 10:51 - Nov 2 with 813 viewsButty101

Jack Stephens on 09:54 - Nov 2 by SaintNick

I have long been a critic of Stephens, my view of him doesnt change with a bad performance or two.

Bednarek and Vestergaard made a good partnership because they know their jobs and how to hold their positions, Stephens can't read a game and wanders which in turn pulls others out of position to cover.

Look at a lot of our goals conceded and Stephens is not where he should be, in 2 1/2 games Stephens has played we have let in 9 goals, in the other 4 1/2 we have let in 3

Coincidence ?

People do like scape goats. You cant blame him for the comeback at all yesterday.

The moment Bertand got injured our team was inbalanced. Wardprowse dropped back to leftback and Diallo came on in the middle. Diallo looked lost giving a lot of free kicks away and consequently we lost a grip of the game. The penalty he gave away for the 2nd goal was harsh but naive on his part. The 3rd goal KWP got done by Grealish (he was probaly in shock that Grealish had stayed on his feet) and mcarthy was totally flat footed.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Jack Stephens on 12:30 - Nov 2 with 774 viewsSaintNick

Jack Stephens on 10:51 - Nov 2 by Butty101

People do like scape goats. You cant blame him for the comeback at all yesterday.

The moment Bertand got injured our team was inbalanced. Wardprowse dropped back to leftback and Diallo came on in the middle. Diallo looked lost giving a lot of free kicks away and consequently we lost a grip of the game. The penalty he gave away for the 2nd goal was harsh but naive on his part. The 3rd goal KWP got done by Grealish (he was probaly in shock that Grealish had stayed on his feet) and mcarthy was totally flat footed.

The team wasn't imbalanced from when Bertrand got injured, Villa had a lot of chances before that and McCarthy had made several decent saves.

As has been said by others and I have been saying for a while, it is not Stephens making individual errors , but his inability to hold his position and read a game, we were a different side defending from half time onwards, we weathered the storm and then got a 4th on the hour mark and then handed them the impetus back again.

Jack Stephens on 13:17 - Nov 2 with 743 viewsDorsetIan

Jack Stephens on 14:00 - Nov 1 by Ron11

Before he conceded the penalty he was charging around like a headless chicken. Think he'd already barged over two players when running up behind them.

He'd looked quite composed when he'd come on in previous games. This was more worrying.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Jack Stephens on 13:28 - Nov 2 with 736 viewsInsideOut

Jack Stephens on 13:17 - Nov 2 by DorsetIan

Before he conceded the penalty he was charging around like a headless chicken. Think he'd already barged over two players when running up behind them.

He'd looked quite composed when he'd come on in previous games. This was more worrying.

Over confident, or perhaps he was just trying to impress with little game time to do so. Hopefully, he'll settle down quickly and get used to the new league. Even good players often need a bit of time to adjust to the prem.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Jack Stephens on 14:44 - Nov 2 with 692 viewsSaintNick

Jack Stephens on 13:28 - Nov 2 by InsideOut

Over confident, or perhaps he was just trying to impress with little game time to do so. Hopefully, he'll settle down quickly and get used to the new league. Even good players often need a bit of time to adjust to the prem.

Good points well made, Diallo has played just 18 mins plus injury time of football spread over 3 games and people are judging him

Jack Stephens on 15:11 - Nov 2 with 673 viewsTimSaint

In the 2nd half especially, I was concerned about our lack of dominance in the air at the back. Far too often, we were ball watching or allowed the ball to go over our heads.

Stephens totally misjudged and missed it when Grealish had his headed chance, that AM saved well, Bertrand let a couple go over his head, one of which gave a chance that AM saved well with his feet, KWP is short but missed a few crosses too and for the first goal Vest allowed Mings to get in front of him to glance his header in.

I said to my daughter at 4-0 that we should now stop playing the intricate passing and if it gets near our box, just hoof it into Row Z and break up play a bit. Shame Armstrong didn't for their 1st goal and Stephens too, when he passed it to Barkley on the edge of our box !! If there was no outlet (despite Adams running his nuts off), just take the safety first measure and put it in row Z. Simples.

We have been the team scoring late goals recently, so I hope we are not going back to our old ways !! :-)

TimSaint

Jack Stephens on 15:12 - Nov 2 with 672 viewsDorsetIan

Jack Stephens on 14:44 - Nov 2 by SaintNick

Good points well made, Diallo has played just 18 mins plus injury time of football spread over 3 games and people are judging him

He did manage to concede a penalty with a pretty industrial challenge in that limited amount of time! With young unknown players like this, isn't fair enough to report first impressions - especially if he is catching the eye for the wrong reasons?

Not sure anyone is trying to hang him out to dry just yet.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024