Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30698 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 1043 viewsgrumpy

Christmas Carnage? on 22:09 - Jan 5 by Bicester_North

Bit of both would be a fair summary probably

I agree with that,Bicester.
Christmas Carnage? on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 1016 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 21:30 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

Let me get this right then - just so I understand what you're saying:

* Not one single person is in hospital right now because they didn't wear a mask/mix with people they shouldn't have/keep a 6ft distance/wash their hands/etc when they should have?

* There have been zero, zilch, no rise in numbers at all - not one - due to Christmas?

* If/when the cases reach 70,000 per day next week - it'll be entirely due to the new, highly infectious strain and nothing else like NYE parties/get togethers?

I think I've got it.

One last question; where exactly Ian, bearing in mind we are all following the guidelines & taking safety measures to avoid getting the virus, do you think these 60,000 infections per day are coming from???

I see you've moved from 'many' to 'one single person'. Nice swerve.

And also from it all being the fault of Christmas to just one infection due to Christmas. Another nice swerve.

You understand perfectly well what I was saying, as I do you. The difference is that I can read a graph and you obviously can't.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 22:38 - Jan 5 with 1005 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 21:37 - Jan 5 by Bicester_North

He must be a bit mixed up, one minute he’s saying Christmas has no bearing on it, another minute he’s saying too much social interaction in summer caused it to go wild just when we could’ve “killed it”- with no vaccine.

Impossible to 'kill' a virus now without a vaccine is it? You should tell the New Zealanders. They're clearly as mixed up as I am.

Christmas Carnage? on 22:45 - Jan 5 with 1002 viewsBison

The Mrs has been dealing with parents all day with regard to the kids of essential workers and the at risk kids going into school. She said the amount of parents wanting to send the kids in is way up from the last lockdown it would of been easier to ask which kids won't be going in.

Apparently essential jobs now seem to include a graphic designer who works for a farm , a maritime lawyer and a painter and decorator !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 22:46 - Jan 5 with 1001 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 22:34 - Jan 5 by DorsetIan

I see you've moved from 'many' to 'one single person'. Nice swerve.

And also from it all being the fault of Christmas to just one infection due to Christmas. Another nice swerve.

You understand perfectly well what I was saying, as I do you. The difference is that I can read a graph and you obviously can't.

Give it up Ian. You're rubbish at this.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 22:52 - Jan 5 with 985 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 22:38 - Jan 5 by DorsetIan

Impossible to 'kill' a virus now without a vaccine is it? You should tell the New Zealanders. They're clearly as mixed up as I am.

The viruses don’t “die”, even the Spanish flu lives on. Humans just build up effective immunity, or viruses become less contagious so can be contained.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 22:57]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 975 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 22:52 - Jan 5 by Bicester_North

The viruses don’t “die”, even the Spanish flu lives on. Humans just build up effective immunity, or viruses become less contagious so can be contained.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 22:57]

Yes, because that's exactly what I meant by 'kill'.

But, for the record, Smallpox and Rinderpest have been eradicated worldwide, so you're also wrong.

Christmas Carnage? on 23:12 - Jan 5 with 961 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 22:57 - Jan 5 by DorsetIan

But, for the record, Smallpox and Rinderpest have been eradicated worldwide, so you're also wrong.

Yes, they were eradicated by vaccination, which we couldn’t have done in the summer!

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 08:54 - Jan 6 with 877 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 23:12 - Jan 5 by Bicester_North

Yes, they were eradicated by vaccination, which we couldn’t have done in the summer!

Great, you’ve worked out for yourself why this one...

„The viruses don’t “die”, even the Spanish flu lives on. Humans just build up effective immunity, or viruses become less contagious so can be “

...was wrong.

Now, check out the difference between the elimination and eradication of a virus, and also how things have gone in New Zealand, and then stop suggesting that was has happened in the
UK was Inevitable.

Christmas Carnage? on 09:34 - Jan 6 with 865 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 08:54 - Jan 6 by DorsetIan

Great, you’ve worked out for yourself why this one...

„The viruses don’t “die”, even the Spanish flu lives on. Humans just build up effective immunity, or viruses become less contagious so can be “

...was wrong.

Now, check out the difference between the elimination and eradication of a virus, and also how things have gone in New Zealand, and then stop suggesting that was has happened in the
UK was Inevitable.

Woke up angry as well then Ian? It’s ok to admit you’re wrong, and you’ve been trying to learn stuff from Google.

Christmas Carnage? on 09:50 - Jan 6 with 852 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 09:34 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

Woke up angry as well then Ian? It’s ok to admit you’re wrong, and you’ve been trying to learn stuff from Google.

Oh dear. You've let yourself down with that drivel.

Have a lovely day.

Christmas Carnage? on 09:50 - Jan 6 with 855 viewsButty101

Christmas Carnage? on 09:34 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

Ians certainly clutching at straws.

New Zealand 5 mill in population and 62million acres in size.
UK 60mill population and 59 million acres in size.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Christmas Carnage? on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 842 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 09:50 - Jan 6 by Butty101

Ians certainly clutching at straws.

New Zealand 5 mill in population and 62million acres in size.
UK 60mill population and 59 million acres in size.

I'm not the one making broad brush, complacent statements about the inevitability of what has happened here.

Christmas Carnage? on 10:20 - Jan 6 with 837 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 22:57 - Jan 5 by DorsetIan

smallpox appears to have been eradicated in the wild with no current cases being reported. The virus still exists in research labs a la Wuhan.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 13:18 - Jan 6 with 794 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 10:00 - Jan 6 by DorsetIan

I'm not the one making broad brush, complacent statements about the inevitability of what has happened here.

The virus was never going to “die out” in this country last year without a vaccine Ian, that’s a fair assumption, but seems you believe you know better than every normal person who isn’t slightly deranged.

Christmas Carnage? on 13:23 - Jan 6 with 792 viewsdwayne_dibley

During this, our third lockdown, why don't we train all Amazon delivery drivers to give the vaccine?

The entire population would be immunised by Saturday (Wednesday if you have got Prime)

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 13:42 - Jan 6 with 782 viewssaint22

Christmas Carnage? on 13:18 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

The virus was never going to “die out” in this country last year without a vaccine Ian, that’s a fair assumption, but seems you believe you know better than every normal person who isn’t slightly deranged.

I think the general point Ian is rightly trying to make is that this poor excuse for a government has mismanaged and U turned on this whole situation from the start and its helped nobody at all.
I dont think Ian is saying they should rid us of the virus but that by now almost a year on they should have some sort of solid strategic plan & not one that involves BoJo allegedly hoping numbers decline in time for schools to open when its fkn clear they won't to anyone with half a brain, except he is a spoon fed eton bulllingdon tool who has never had to work for anything in his life
Christmas Carnage? on 13:45 - Jan 6 with 780 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 13:42 - Jan 6 by saint22

I think the general point Ian is rightly trying to make is that this poor excuse for a government has mismanaged and U turned on this whole situation from the start and its helped nobody at all.
I dont think Ian is saying they should rid us of the virus but that by now almost a year on they should have some sort of solid strategic plan & not one that involves BoJo allegedly hoping numbers decline in time for schools to open when its fkn clear they won't to anyone with half a brain, except he is a spoon fed eton bulllingdon tool who has never had to work for anything in his life

Punctuation needs working on Ben.

The strategic plan was outlined the other day, to get all vulnerable people vaccinated by a certain date.
Ian made a ludicrous statement at the beginning, and has been trying to backtrack and twist his way out of it.
You are a brainless fantasist.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 13:46]

Christmas Carnage? on 14:57 - Jan 6 with 751 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 13:18 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

If it makes you feel better to make up things I didn't say and then knock them down, good luck to you.

Again...my original comment was that the graphs presented by the govt yesterday clearly showed that we had obviously missed a trick back in the summer and that that is a very depressing thought.

You think that noone could have done any better, that somehow, having got the case numbers right down, it was inevitable that we would end up 4 months later exactly back to you square one, if not worse.

I don't share your complacency and everything you have said to supposedly support it (which isn't much) I have shown to be false.

I don't know where exactly it went wrong but I do know that:

1.Govt messaging on obeying the rules post the Cummings affair was completely compromised.
2. Our policy on people coming to the UK has been all over the place and restrictions imposed only very late in the day.
3. Track and trace has been a joke.
4. Our Education Secretary spent August dealing with the fall out from his own incompetence over A level and GCSE results when he should maybe have been working out whether the state of the virus was such that schools could safely be opened.

The completely hopeless track and trace is most likely the biggest reason for the current disaster. When the cases were so much lower, we had a chance then to control and isolate them - that after all was the plan - and we clearly failed miserably to do that.

But if you think we are still in the best of all possible worlds then I can't argue with that level of fatalism.

Christmas Carnage? on 15:46 - Jan 6 with 730 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 14:57 - Jan 6 by DorsetIan

If it makes you feel better to make up things I didn't say and then knock them down, good luck to you.

Again...my original comment was that the graphs presented by the govt yesterday clearly showed that we had obviously missed a trick back in the summer and that that is a very depressing thought.

You think that noone could have done any better, that somehow, having got the case numbers right down, it was inevitable that we would end up 4 months later exactly back to you square one, if not worse.

I don't share your complacency and everything you have said to supposedly support it (which isn't much) I have shown to be false.

I don't know where exactly it went wrong but I do know that:

1.Govt messaging on obeying the rules post the Cummings affair was completely compromised.
2. Our policy on people coming to the UK has been all over the place and restrictions imposed only very late in the day.
3. Track and trace has been a joke.
4. Our Education Secretary spent August dealing with the fall out from his own incompetence over A level and GCSE results when he should maybe have been working out whether the state of the virus was such that schools could safely be opened.

The completely hopeless track and trace is most likely the biggest reason for the current disaster. When the cases were so much lower, we had a chance then to control and isolate them - that after all was the plan - and we clearly failed miserably to do that.

But if you think we are still in the best of all possible worlds then I can't argue with that level of fatalism.

How many times can it be repeated- you said “it would’ve been so much easier to properly kill it off back then”

We were never going to properly kill it off back then. No matter how many more of your bloated, self important opinions you want to carry on typing, you were talking shit.

Christmas Carnage? on 16:07 - Jan 6 with 717 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 15:46 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

How many times can it be repeated- you said “it would’ve been so much easier to properly kill it off back then”

We were never going to properly kill it off back then. No matter how many more of your bloated, self important opinions you want to carry on typing, you were talking shit.

And it obviously would have been, not matter how much you want to whine on about that being impossible.

Christmas Carnage? on 16:31 - Jan 6 with 705 views1885_SFC

Another 62,322 infections today as well as a grim total of 1,041 deaths.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 682 viewssaint22

Christmas Carnage? on 13:45 - Jan 6 by Bicester_North

Punctuation needs working on Ben.

The strategic plan was outlined the other day, to get all vulnerable people vaccinated by a certain date.
Ian made a ludicrous statement at the beginning, and has been trying to backtrack and twist his way out of it.
You are a brainless fantasist.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 13:46]

Pal there should've been a strategic plan LONG before it came to this
As usual your Tory blindness misses the point
Christmas Carnage? on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 666 viewsBerber

Christmas Carnage? on 13:42 - Jan 6 by saint22

But odd, that the anti government SNP and Welsh Assembly have either preceded or followed very closely the path of Westminster, both in timing and nature of containment, albeit the controls have generally been more severe, which should have brought notably better outcomes. You don't have to look far to see the weaknesses in your arguments.
Christmas Carnage? on 17:41 - Jan 6 with 659 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 16:54 - Jan 6 by saint22

Pal there should've been a strategic plan LONG before it came to this
As usual your Tory blindness misses the point

Not everything is to do with politics Lauren.

Stop trying to deflect your guilt of the damage you’ve done to poor communities with your planet wrecking, community marginalising activities.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024