Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30679 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 1546 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 01:29 - Jan 16 by DorsetIan

Very interesting. Who would have thought it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55669736

I wonder which people get contacted by these surveys? The types that have been having the big illegal smash ups and poker matches all over the big cities?

If you know any old bill in London you might hear some of the stories. There are vast groups of people who do not give an absolute f*ck and do anything to get to a rave, games or stripper night in a basement or whatever. And more so over Christmas/NYE

Bet they didn’t respond to this survey though

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1509 viewskentsouthampton

Ice cream has been found to be able to pass on the coronavirus,

Hundreds and thousands have been told to self isolate.
Christmas Carnage? on 13:24 - Jan 16 with 1500 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 12:58 - Jan 16 by kentsouthampton

What a scoop that is...

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 13:48 - Jan 16 with 1483 viewsVagina_Dentata

Christmas Carnage? on 12:58 - Jan 16 by kentsouthampton

I set up a festival for ice cream fetisihists. They came in their hundreds and thousands.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Christmas Carnage? on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 1451 views1885_SFC

I've just lost my job as an ice cream tester.

I couldn't do sundaes...

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 16:57 - Jan 16 with 1421 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 10:28 - Jan 16 by Bicester_North

I wonder which people get contacted by these surveys? The types that have been having the big illegal smash ups and poker matches all over the big cities?

If you know any old bill in London you might hear some of the stories. There are vast groups of people who do not give an absolute f*ck and do anything to get to a rave, games or stripper night in a basement or whatever. And more so over Christmas/NYE

Bet they didn’t respond to this survey though

The methodologies and the strengths and weaknesses of the survey are explicitly discussed in sections 10 and 11 of the survey.

These are professional statisticians, not amateurs.

And most importantly, they have no axe to grind.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 17:43 - Jan 16 with 1396 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 16:57 - Jan 16 by DorsetIan

The methodologies and the strengths and weaknesses of the survey are explicitly discussed in sections 10 and 11 of the survey.

These are professional statisticians, not amateurs.

And most importantly, they have no axe to grind.

But the aforementioned c*nts are pretty unlikely to have responded to a survey, and even less likely to confess to what they’ve been up to.

Christmas Carnage? on 18:10 - Jan 16 with 1380 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 17:43 - Jan 16 by Bicester_North

But the aforementioned c*nts are pretty unlikely to have responded to a survey, and even less likely to confess to what they’ve been up to.

Indeed.

Strange isn't it that the huge rise in cases in Ireland are being blamed on Xmas mixing...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/15/ireland-second-wave-covid-

...and even closer to home, Telford & The Midlands...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-55632701

...but poor old Ian is still desperately trying to peddle his pathetically weak point all these weeks on that Christmas isn't/wasn't an issue at all, whatsoever.

Give it up Ian. You're rubbish.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 18:24 - Jan 16 with 1365 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 18:10 - Jan 16 by 1885_SFC

Indeed.

Strange isn't it that the huge rise in cases in Ireland are being blamed on Xmas mixing...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/15/ireland-second-wave-covid-

...but poor old Ian is still desperately trying to peddle his pathetically weak point all these weeks on that Christmas isn't/wasn't an issue at all, whatsoever.

What is the point in trying to say that Christmas wasn't an issue after all? That Boris was right all along?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Christmas Carnage? on 00:20 - Jan 17 with 1312 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 17:43 - Jan 16 by Bicester_North

On the one hand professional statisticians employed by the UK‘s official statistics body. People who have spent their entire careers grappling with the issue of non-response and false response, yet still able to present significant information.

On the other, some anecdotal evidence from London plod and a few half-guessed assumptions to dismiss the statistician’s work.

Thanks, but I’ll pass on your contribution to the fact-finding on this one.

Christmas Carnage? on 00:28 - Jan 17 with 1308 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 00:20 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

On the one hand professional statisticians employed by the UK‘s official statistics body. People who have spent their entire careers grappling with the issue of non-response and false response, yet still able to present significant information.

On the other, some anecdotal evidence from London plod and a few half-guessed assumptions to dismiss the statistician’s work.

Thanks, but I’ll pass on your contribution to the fact-finding on this one.

So how would you provide accurate information on the number of false responses or non responses, even if you were one of these revered, heroic, devoted, lifelong statisticians?

And how would these statisticians know how many pricks have had secret get togethers? Presumably the statisticians must have spies on every street corner whilst they wear their monocles and fill out their statistics on sheets of A4 attached to a clipboard?

Christmas Carnage? on 00:32 - Jan 17 with 1304 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 18:10 - Jan 16 by 1885_SFC

Indeed.

I know you are attached like a limpet to your victim blaming, but just thought It was worth sharing the independent EVIDENCE from the people your taxes pay to consider these things.

And I know that prejudice is easier than evidence, but hey I just prefer the facts when it comes to a deadly disease like this.

Christmas mixing - red herring. Suck it up.

Christmas Carnage? on 00:41 - Jan 17 with 1297 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 00:32 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

I know you are attached like a limpet to your victim blaming, but just thought It was worth sharing the independent EVIDENCE from the people your taxes pay to consider these things.

And I know that prejudice is easier than evidence, but hey I just prefer the facts when it comes to a deadly disease like this.

Christmas mixing - red herring. Suck it up.

Ok ASIS

Christmas Carnage? on 09:12 - Jan 17 with 1246 viewsDellHero_Would

Oh dear poor old Ian, nearly a month now of dribbling, desperately trying to prove he’s right.

Ian it’s Ok to be wrong sometimes...What makes it worse is digging the hole deeper and making yourself look an even bigger tît.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Christmas Carnage? on 09:20 - Jan 17 with 1234 viewsJaySaint

xmas mixing?

it was one day!!!!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 1199 viewsBerber

I can't find the link, but the BBC website had an article yesterday that pretty much proved that there was no spike as a result of Christmas mixing (ie no discernable spike resulting from the days around Christmas), the surge is almost entirely down to the new variant spreading through the country, the start of the wave preceding Christmas. Did anyone else see it, and have you got the link?

ps It also shows that Tier 4 measures seemed to have been working.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 12:09]
Christmas Carnage? on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 1195 viewsgrumpy

Christmas Carnage? on 12:08 - Jan 17 by Berber

I can't find the link, but the BBC website had an article yesterday that pretty much proved that there was no spike as a result of Christmas mixing (ie no discernable spike resulting from the days around Christmas), the surge is almost entirely down to the new variant spreading through the country, the start of the wave preceding Christmas. Did anyone else see it, and have you got the link?

ps It also shows that Tier 4 measures seemed to have been working.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 12:09]

How can it be proved one way or another?
Christmas Carnage? on 12:42 - Jan 17 with 1176 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 09:12 - Jan 17 by DellHero_Would

Oh dear poor old Ian, nearly a month now of dribbling, desperately trying to prove he’s right.

Ian it’s Ok to be wrong sometimes...What makes it worse is digging the hole deeper and making yourself look an even bigger tît.

This isn’t about proving I am right. It’s only ever been about 1885 wrongly blaming the Covid victims.

And as for digging a deeper hole. If sharing the conclusions of the office of national statistics makes me look like a tit in your eyes, I can live with that. I’m guessing you’ve never liked experts.

Christmas Carnage? on 13:51 - Jan 17 with 1148 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 12:42 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

This isn’t about proving I am right. It’s only ever been about 1885 wrongly blaming the Covid victims.

And as for digging a deeper hole. If sharing the conclusions of the office of national statistics makes me look like a tit in your eyes, I can live with that. I’m guessing you’ve never liked experts.

Here is one for you.

My local NHS trust released a response to a FOI request (over this weekend)
The request was to disclose the numbers of those U60 without serious health conditions that have died (within the trust) WITH (not just of) C19

The response stated that the number is "five or fewer" and therefore, too low of a number to disclose. This is what is locking the entire country down. Massive failure

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 15:45 - Jan 17 with 1114 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 00:28 - Jan 17 by Bicester_North

So how would you provide accurate information on the number of false responses or non responses, even if you were one of these revered, heroic, devoted, lifelong statisticians?

And how would these statisticians know how many pricks have had secret get togethers? Presumably the statisticians must have spies on every street corner whilst they wear their monocles and fill out their statistics on sheets of A4 attached to a clipboard?

Try googling ‚dealing with non-response In surveys‘ - stacks of stuff available. It’s hardly a problem unique to this survey.

Christmas Carnage? on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 1113 viewsDellHero_Would

Christmas Carnage? on 12:42 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

You do a lot of guessing Ian, that’s for sure.

I take comfort in knowing that you wear your badge as “Chief Tît” with pride and so you should...Sterling work keeping this going for a month Pal. Could we be looking at perhaps mid February by the time you’ve calmed down and managed to climb off your sanctimonious donkey?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Christmas Carnage? on 15:49 - Jan 17 with 1108 viewsBerber

Christmas Carnage? on 12:14 - Jan 17 by grumpy

How can it be proved one way or another?

On that premise, nothing scientific is ever provable. The history of scientific discovery shows that whatever scientific facts are currently accepted as true, are subsequently proven to be based on incorrect assumptions and incomplete knowledge, and not actually correct, even if vaguely close. So the old adage, "You pays yer money and takes yer choice," applies, which means that any old opinion or alternative facts can be accepted as valid, which brigs us full circle.

Me, I'd rather put my faith in best knowledge available at the time if there is a reasonable cause and effect demonstrated.
Christmas Carnage? on 16:39 - Jan 17 with 1081 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 13:51 - Jan 17 by JaySaint

Here is one for you.

My local NHS trust released a response to a FOI request (over this weekend)
The request was to disclose the numbers of those U60 without serious health conditions that have died (within the trust) WITH (not just of) C19

The response stated that the number is "five or fewer" and therefore, too low of a number to disclose. This is what is locking the entire country down. Massive failure

If we hadn’t locked down the country before and recently, how high do you think the mortality rate would be, higher or lower?

People who know what they are talking about tell us that, until the vaccination programme kicks in the only defence we have against the virus is to stop people spreading it amongst each other = lockdown.

You also, yet again, completely ignore the fact that the virus does not just kill people, it can lead to lifelong life changing conditions.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 16:43]
Christmas Carnage? on 19:57 - Jan 17 with 1021 viewsgrumpy

Christmas Carnage? on 15:49 - Jan 17 by Berber

On that premise, nothing scientific is ever provable. The history of scientific discovery shows that whatever scientific facts are currently accepted as true, are subsequently proven to be based on incorrect assumptions and incomplete knowledge, and not actually correct, even if vaguely close. So the old adage, "You pays yer money and takes yer choice," applies, which means that any old opinion or alternative facts can be accepted as valid, which brigs us full circle.

Me, I'd rather put my faith in best knowledge available at the time if there is a reasonable cause and effect demonstrated.

Science isn’t done on assumptions.
Christmas Carnage? on 20:26 - Jan 17 with 1003 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 15:47 - Jan 17 by DellHero_Would

You do a lot of guessing Ian, that’s for sure.

I take comfort in knowing that you wear your badge as “Chief Tît” with pride and so you should...Sterling work keeping this going for a month Pal. Could we be looking at perhaps mid February by the time you’ve calmed down and managed to climb off your sanctimonious donkey?

No,no,no Dullboy it’s barely two weeks since 1885’s victim blaming.

‘Sanctimonious tit’ and ‘high donkey’ would have been fine. You overreached with ‘sanctimonious donkey’ - but nice idea all the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024