Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30704 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 08:58 - Dec 21 with 1430 viewsBazza

Christmas Carnage? on 22:08 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

They are showing us pathetic, rude, clueless English how it should be done, that’s for sure.

Yep, new strain of virus now in every part of Wales according to BBC.
Christmas Carnage? on 09:04 - Dec 21 with 1415 viewsdirk_doone

Christmas Carnage? on 08:58 - Dec 21 by Bazza

Yep, new strain of virus now in every part of Wales according to BBC.

The Sun has come out with one of its classic headlines today:

"French show no merci."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-55390290

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Christmas Carnage? on 09:07 - Dec 21 with 1407 viewsJaySaint

The border should be closed the other way. Any coincidence that it was detected in Kent.
I wonder if it was a dinghy or a lorry that brought it into the UK.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 10:35 - Dec 21 with 1352 viewsdirk_doone

Both the value of the pound and the London stock market are plummeting and food supplies are dwindling. We're entering Brexapocalypse. Happy New Year!

[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 11:28]

Christmas Carnage? on 11:26 - Dec 21 with 1317 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 10:35 - Dec 21 by dirk_doone

Both the value of the pound and the London stock market are plummeting and food supplies are dwindling. We're entering Brexapocalypse. Happy New Year!

[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 11:28]

Christmas Carnage? on 12:46 - Dec 21 with 1299 viewsJaySaint

Just listening to to Radio 2 and a few important scientists are being interviewed. Very frank and honest.

They basically said that they do not know for sure (at SAGE) if this supposed mutant strain does in fact have a 70% higher transmission rate and the advice was provided to the govt on 'modelling'

Guess who was involved in producing this latest bit of 'modelling'. The awful Neil Ferguson....Jesus Christ, sounds like SAGE need disbanding ASAP

Christmas Carnage? on 15:11 - Dec 21 with 1250 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 12:46 - Dec 21 by JaySaint

Just listening to to Radio 2 and a few important scientists are being interviewed. Very frank and honest.

They basically said that they do not know for sure (at SAGE) if this supposed mutant strain does in fact have a 70% higher transmission rate and the advice was provided to the govt on 'modelling'

Guess who was involved in producing this latest bit of 'modelling'. The awful Neil Ferguson....Jesus Christ, sounds like SAGE need disbanding ASAP

Sage advice indeed

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 08:46 - Dec 22 with 1169 viewsSadoldgit

Talk now of putting everyone into tier 4! Given that the virus has no respect for maps or borders, perhaps Johnson should have done that long ago. Hospitals are already starting to be overrun and we clearly have a shedload of newly infected people about to swamp them in the next couple of weeks. We need to get on the front foot but are still reacting too late.
Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 1161 viewsSalisburySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 08:46 - Dec 22 by Sadoldgit

Talk now of putting everyone into tier 4! Given that the virus has no respect for maps or borders, perhaps Johnson should have done that long ago. Hospitals are already starting to be overrun and we clearly have a shedload of newly infected people about to swamp them in the next couple of weeks. We need to get on the front foot but are still reacting too late.

Looks to me like that Tier 4 countrywide will certainly occur on Dec 30th, if not before, wouldn't surprise me if comes in Boxing Day or day after so everyone have their Christmas Day as planned in Tier 1 and 2 areas
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 10:42]
Christmas Carnage? on 09:44 - Dec 22 with 1149 views1885_SFC

Another day - the exact same old drivel from you. You've said the exact same thing day after day after day... you extremely tedious and dull man.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 09:52 - Dec 22 with 1146 views1ASIN12

I take it then you have not gone to non -essential shops, nor gone to pub, resturant etc for months? Or in your words "a Long time"?
Christmas Carnage? on 10:58 - Dec 22 with 1109 viewsDorsetIan

How come none of the Brexiteers on here are cheering the closure of Dover? I thought the whole idea was to end free movement. The French should surely be praised for bringing it forward a few days for us.

Massive queues in Tesco this morning. I've already done my bit today and planted some Cauliflower seeds.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Christmas Carnage? on 11:25 - Dec 22 with 1093 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 09:52 - Dec 22 by 1ASIN12

I take it then you have not gone to non -essential shops, nor gone to pub, resturant etc for months? Or in your words "a Long time"?

No I haven’t. Have you?

Better news. There was an excellent programme on the work that Marcus Rashford has been doing for kids last night. He puts some politicians to shame.
Christmas Carnage? on 11:26 - Dec 22 with 1090 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 09:44 - Dec 22 by 1885_SFC

Another day - the exact same old drivel from you. You've said the exact same thing day after day after day... you extremely tedious and dull man.

But at least I don’t refer to French people as “frogs”. Don’t you think that is tedious?
Christmas Carnage? on 11:30 - Dec 22 with 1087 viewsdirk_doone

Christmas Carnage? on 10:58 - Dec 22 by DorsetIan

How come none of the Brexiteers on here are cheering the closure of Dover? I thought the whole idea was to end free movement. The French should surely be praised for bringing it forward a few days for us.

Massive queues in Tesco this morning. I've already done my bit today and planted some Cauliflower seeds.

https://gardenmuseum.org.uk/collection/dig-for-victory-poster/

Christmas Carnage? on 11:36 - Dec 22 with 1081 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 11:26 - Dec 22 by Sadoldgit

But at least I don’t refer to French people as “frogs”. Don’t you think that is tedious?

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys then. Will that do?

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 11:39 - Dec 22 with 1074 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 11:30 - Dec 22 by dirk_doone

https://gardenmuseum.org.uk/collection/dig-for-victory-poster/

Root and cruciferous vegetables will save us all.

Christmas Carnage? on 11:40 - Dec 22 with 1072 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 11:36 - Dec 22 by 1885_SFC

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys then. Will that do?

How about 'controllers of the straights of Dover' ?

Christmas Carnage? on 11:44 - Dec 22 with 1069 viewsdirk_doone

It's what the Brexiteers alway dreamed of: a return to their childhood days. All we need now are rationing books and a Home Guard for them to join and they'll be living the dream.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 11:46]

Christmas Carnage? on 11:47 - Dec 22 with 1063 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 11:40 - Dec 22 by DorsetIan

How about 'controllers of the straights of Dover' ?

A shame that the frogs didn't show as much grit & defiance during WWII when it came to protecting their own borders...

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 11:49 - Dec 22 with 1059 viewsdirk_doone

Christmas Carnage? on 11:47 - Dec 22 by 1885_SFC

A shame that the frogs didn't show as much grit & defiance during WWII when it came to protecting their own borders...

That's the true Brexit spirit. And what about the krauts and the dagos?

Christmas Carnage? on 11:56 - Dec 22 with 1048 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 11:49 - Dec 22 by dirk_doone

That's the true Brexit spirit. And what about the krauts and the dagos?

You need a history lesson on Vichy France dirk.

As for the Germans - always loved the country & the people the many times I've been there. You'll be hard pressed to find a better night out than Hamburg's nightlife!

Been to Italy several times too. What's not to like! Lovely country. Lovely people.

I've always disliked the French though. You don't "have" to like & hug every single EU country or person you know dirk.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 12:05 - Dec 22 with 1042 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 18:33 - Dec 19 by Saintsforeverj

I understand that you think his decisions have been amateurish etc etc. But do you think decisions have been better in Italy for example? They have just gone into lockdown today, at the last minute. Do you think ambulances outside hospitals in Northern Ireland is also bad management? I already know that you think Boris is a terrible leader, but I'm interested to know what you think about Italy announcing lockdown today and ambulances queuing outside hospitals in N. Ireland. Do these examples not tell you that these unprecedented times are causing reactive decisions everywhere (and chaos) not just here?

Scotland has also now just announced a lockdown from boxing day, ruining plans. Is this another example of bad / amateurish leadership as it is reactive and could have been made earlier? I see this is as a difficult and impossible time for everyone personally, causing chaos everywhere.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 18:43]

I am really only concerned with the leadership here. There has been a constant pattern of one poor decision after another with no sign of trying to get ahead of the curve and just a series of constant reactionary actions.
Poor and good decisions have been made elsewhere but I haven’t seen any country consistently get things wrong as we have. Christmas was always going to be a huge problem so why pretend that everything could be fine for 5 days and give people false hope? Where is the track and trace system? Why is Matt Hancock still in the job? I am sure I am sounding tedious, but really, we deserve better.
Christmas Carnage? on 13:15 - Dec 22 with 1006 viewsDorsetIan

Christmas Carnage? on 11:47 - Dec 22 by 1885_SFC

Easy for a Francophobe to characterise them as lacking grit and defiance in the protection of their borders.

Check out the Battle of Stonne where the town changed hands 17 (Seventeen) times between 15 and 17 May 1940 between the Germans and the French. Sounds pretty defiant, or is recapturing lost ground 16 times not effort enough for you?

And yes they lost in the end but I don't remember the German invasion of France ending so well for the BEF either.

Christmas Carnage? on 13:34 - Dec 22 with 986 viewsHeisenberg

Christmas Carnage? on 11:56 - Dec 22 by 1885_SFC

You need a history lesson on Vichy France dirk.

As for the Germans - always loved the country & the people the many times I've been there. You'll be hard pressed to find a better night out than Hamburg's nightlife!

Been to Italy several times too. What's not to like! Lovely country. Lovely people.

I've always disliked the French though. You don't "have" to like & hug every single EU country or person you know dirk.

Do you dislike all 67 million French people ? Or just some ?

Also you don't like the French because of the Vichy Govt but like the Italians who went full in with the Nazis ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024