Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30691 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 14:47 - Jan 2 with 1345 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 14:00 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

Just catching up on the news and beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered. So much for following the science. Apparently there are worries now that by departing from the plan to give two shots 3 weeks apart, the vaccine may not be as effective. Worse than that, the UK has agreed to a mix and match approach which means that you could end up with two different vaccines. This has not been tested for safety or effectiveness, so why risk it? Another fu ck up in a very long list of fu ck ups?

Just following the science, right?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 1300 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 14:47 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

Just following the science, right?

Clearly not.
Christmas Carnage? on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 1294 viewsSaintsforeverj

Big rows about schools going on. They need to close the schools nationwide imo. If it's unsafe in London, it's unsafe in other tier 4 areas. Teachers in my family have been told by their union that they can action section 44 of the health and safety act, as Sage have said it is unsafe. Will they close the schools tomorrow (very embarrassing) or will they keep schools open with many teachers (and children) refusing to go in? Labour have also remained silent on this issue, interestingly.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Christmas Carnage? on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 1272 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 17:25 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

Clearly not.

Im sure witty and co will be putting the Govt right any moment.

Christmas Carnage? on 18:11 - Jan 2 with 1271 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 17:35 - Jan 2 by Saintsforeverj

Big rows about schools going on. They need to close the schools nationwide imo. If it's unsafe in London, it's unsafe in other tier 4 areas. Teachers in my family have been told by their union that they can action section 44 of the health and safety act, as Sage have said it is unsafe. Will they close the schools tomorrow (very embarrassing) or will they keep schools open with many teachers (and children) refusing to go in? Labour have also remained silent on this issue, interestingly.

They should close all schools until Monday 1st Feb at the earliest IMO.

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 00:18 - Jan 3 with 1210 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 18:09 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

Im sure witty and co will be putting the Govt right any moment.

That is the problem isn’t it? The Government don’t listen.
Christmas Carnage? on 00:30 - Jan 3 with 1205 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 18:11 - Jan 2 by 1885_SFC

They should close all schools until Monday 1st Feb at the earliest IMO.

I still believe history will look back on this as a time when media and social media pressure caused massive over reaction to this disease, and governments capitulated to it in a bid to protect their arses.
Not just for academic reasons, School is a lifeline for young kids and many parents depend on them going to school so they can work.
The government has been right to prioritise keeping schools open, but looks like union and media hysteria will force them to change it because they are weak.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 05:26 - Jan 3 with 1162 viewsButty101

Christmas Carnage? on 14:00 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

Just catching up on the news and beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered. So much for following the science. Apparently there are worries now that by departing from the plan to give two shots 3 weeks apart, the vaccine may not be as effective. Worse than that, the UK has agreed to a mix and match approach which means that you could end up with two different vaccines. This has not been tested for safety or effectiveness, so why risk it? Another fu ck up in a very long list of fu ck ups?

No offence but you are just embarrassing yourself with this BS. Utter rubbish they are going to mix the vaccines.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 11:48 - Jan 3 with 1115 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 05:26 - Jan 3 by Butty101

No offence but you are just embarrassing yourself with this BS. Utter rubbish they are going to mix the vaccines.

Tell that to the New York Times.
Christmas Carnage? on 11:59 - Jan 3 with 1110 viewsBison

Christmas Carnage? on 11:48 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

What's your scientific objection to mixing vaccines SoG's ?

It's been planned to trial it since early December as often you get a better response.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/covid-mixed-vaccine-trial-likely-t

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 12:55 - Jan 3 with 1086 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 11:59 - Jan 3 by Bison

What's your scientific objection to mixing vaccines SoG's ?

It's been planned to trial it since early December as often you get a better response.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/covid-mixed-vaccine-trial-likely-t

As you know Bison I am not a scientist, but apparently there have been no tests performed on the effects of using both vaccines together so far. They work in different ways. Before rolling out a mass programme you would expect that scientist would investigate how they actually performed together would you not?
Christmas Carnage? on 13:01 - Jan 3 with 1084 viewsdwayne_dibley

Christmas Carnage? on 12:55 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

As you know Bison I am not a scientist, but apparently there have been no tests performed on the effects of using both vaccines together so far. They work in different ways. Before rolling out a mass programme you would expect that scientist would investigate how they actually performed together would you not?

surely using a bunch of over 80s to test if a vaccine cocktail works and does not create 5G zombies would be cheaper than running the usual trials

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 13:07 - Jan 3 with 1081 viewsButty101

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55519042

As I said fake news.

No fool like an old one

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Christmas Carnage? on 13:45 - Jan 3 with 1064 viewsdwayne_dibley

who got an exclusive scoop, just because the government has been caught cheating for PRs sake is any reason to denounce US journalists who operate with high integrity

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 13:57 - Jan 3 with 1055 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 00:18 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

That is the problem isn’t it? The Government don’t listen.

Van Tam has already called your NT Times exclusive BS

What does he know, the daft old govt lacky
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 13:57]

Christmas Carnage? on 14:09 - Jan 3 with 1046 viewsBison

Christmas Carnage? on 12:55 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

I agree but that is exactly what they are doing as per the Guardian article , they could not do it before as both vaccines needed to be approved before a trial could begin.

You need to separate your opinion of the govt from the science when you mix the two up you will always get the sort of responses you have regarding your NYT post.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Christmas Carnage? on 14:25 - Jan 3 with 1033 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 14:09 - Jan 3 by Bison

I agree but that is exactly what they are doing as per the Guardian article , they could not do it before as both vaccines needed to be approved before a trial could begin.

You need to separate your opinion of the govt from the science when you mix the two up you will always get the sort of responses you have regarding your NYT post.

Bison, I have a low opinion of the government because they constantly prove that they are spineless, inept and incompetent. This has nothing to do with the NYT article.
Christmas Carnage? on 16:17 - Jan 3 with 991 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 00:30 - Jan 3 by Bicester_North

I still believe history will look back on this as a time when media and social media pressure caused massive over reaction to this disease, and governments capitulated to it in a bid to protect their arses.
Not just for academic reasons, School is a lifeline for young kids and many parents depend on them going to school so they can work.
The government has been right to prioritise keeping schools open, but looks like union and media hysteria will force them to change it because they are weak.

The government wasn't weak, as Boris hasn't closed the schools rightly or wrongly.

Christmas Carnage? on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 980 viewsBazza

Christmas Carnage? on 14:25 - Jan 3 by Sadoldgit

Bison, I have a low opinion of the government because they constantly prove that they are spineless, inept and incompetent. This has nothing to do with the NYT article.

Soggy you must be the only person in the Uk that knows what right on every issue. According to you that is, in every case, the opposite of what the government is doing.
So we can cut back on the huge number of medical experts and armies of civil servants and their consultants, simple. Shame Grandpa and his main squeeze Diane Abbott are not in charge eh.
Christmas Carnage? on 16:57 - Jan 3 with 955 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 16:17 - Jan 3 by Saintsforeverj

The government wasn't weak, as Boris hasn't closed the schools rightly or wrongly.

True, I thought they would but holding firm so far.

Christmas Carnage? on 17:06 - Jan 3 with 946 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 16:31 - Jan 3 by Bazza

Soggy you must be the only person in the Uk that knows what right on every issue. According to you that is, in every case, the opposite of what the government is doing.
So we can cut back on the huge number of medical experts and armies of civil servants and their consultants, simple. Shame Grandpa and his main squeeze Diane Abbott are not in charge eh.

Soggy blames the Govt for apparently not following the science.
Following the science probably caused the single biggest catastrophe of the whole affair in the UK - sending sick OAPs back to care homes without being tested.

Christmas Carnage? on 17:30 - Jan 3 with 929 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 17:06 - Jan 3 by JaySaint

Following the science probably caused the single biggest catastrophe of the whole affair in the UK - sending sick OAPs back to care homes without being tested.

The problem with "following the science" is that science isn't always fact. It's just evidence to suggest something. Obviously the science says we could lock down for a couple of years and the virus would disappear, but we can't do it: there are other things to consider like mental health, jobs, the economy. What does the science say about mental health of kids or mental health of parents or mental health of those losing their jobs? There is evidence on those areas too. If a complete lockdown didn't have any consequences, then I'm sure they would follow the science and do it. But it's not as simple as that.

Christmas Carnage? on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 910 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 17:30 - Jan 3 by Saintsforeverj

The problem with "following the science" is that science isn't always fact. It's just evidence to suggest something. Obviously the science says we could lock down for a couple of years and the virus would disappear, but we can't do it: there are other things to consider like mental health, jobs, the economy. What does the science say about mental health of kids or mental health of parents or mental health of those losing their jobs? There is evidence on those areas too. If a complete lockdown didn't have any consequences, then I'm sure they would follow the science and do it. But it's not as simple as that.

Plenty of epidemiologists saying we should stop lockdowns completely.

Christmas Carnage? on 17:54 - Jan 3 with 906 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 17:48 - Jan 3 by Bicester_North

Plenty of epidemiologists saying we should stop lockdowns completely.

Very true, there are. What science does Boris follow? The scientists in Sweden and others arguing against lockdowns or the ones arguing for them? Most people can see that this is an impossible / nightmare situation.

Christmas Carnage? on 18:06 - Jan 3 with 900 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 17:06 - Jan 3 by JaySaint

The government are the ones who say they “follow the science”. It is their standard get out clause. I blame the government for constantly being behind the curve, for dithering and being, constantly, indecisive. Johnson was doing it again today. Hinting at another lockdown in a few weeks when it is clearly needed now. Locking down is the only way to prevent the spread of the virus until we get enough people vaccinated. The current figure are not looking great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024