Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy 15:53 - Jan 3 with 2676 viewsBicester_North

Rumours he’s injured and Forster in line to start tomorrow.
Could be BS of course

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

McCarthy on 09:43 - Jan 4 with 806 viewssaint22

McCarthy on 09:36 - Jan 4 by Benali_Saint

Forster and Stephens. Just the game to have them both start

Given we have to change the keeper why not start Salisu tonight....
McCarthy on 09:56 - Jan 4 with 784 viewsdirk_doone

Forster has a better record against Liverpool than any other goalkeeper. Let's hope that tonight he gets his 5th consecutive clean sheet and his 6th successive game without defeat against them.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 10:04]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

McCarthy on 10:25 - Jan 4 with 746 viewssaint22

McCarthy on 09:56 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Forster has a better record against Liverpool than any other goalkeeper. Let's hope that tonight he gets his 5th consecutive clean sheet and his 6th successive game without defeat against them.

COYS
McCarthy on 10:32 - Jan 4 with 745 viewsSaintNick

Forster was a good keeper for Saints for a period, yet some speak about him as if he was one of the worst we have had.

The question tonight will be whether he can play to the standards he set in 2014/17 and at Celtic last year in the Champions League etc .

If he can he could challenge McCarthy for a place this season, in the long term I think we need to get in a new keeper though, neither are the answer

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

McCarthy on 11:06 - Jan 4 with 712 viewsSonicBoom

He's certainly not one of the worst we've ever had. In fact when he was in form he was arguably one of the best.
However he seemed to have turned into one of those players we've had in the last few years where he seems to be playing well, then loses concentration at key moments and this results in at least one big cock up per game which often costs us dearly.
McCarthy on 12:02 - Jan 4 with 671 viewsTimSaint

Excellent points, well made. Additionally that record run of clean sheets for Saints in the Prem - but I don't remember how many that was.

My only concerns are his lack of game time (ie match fitness), the fact he has only played 1 (token) game for Saints in 2.5 seasons and that he no longer has his old Stalwart rearguard in front of him !!

TimSaint

McCarthy on 12:59 - Jan 4 with 642 viewsSalisburySaint

McCarthy on 12:02 - Jan 4 by TimSaint

Excellent points, well made. Additionally that record run of clean sheets for Saints in the Prem - but I don't remember how many that was.

My only concerns are his lack of game time (ie match fitness), the fact he has only played 1 (token) game for Saints in 2.5 seasons and that he no longer has his old Stalwart rearguard in front of him !!

old Stalwart rear guard at Anfield Jan 2017

2 Cédric Soares
24 Stephens
3 Yoshida
21 Bertrand

would say current back four probably slightly better, even without Vestergaard
McCarthy on 13:21 - Jan 4 with 629 viewsBerber

McCarthy on 09:43 - Jan 4 by saint22

Given we have to change the keeper why not start Salisu tonight....

Sorry? How does that make sense?
Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy on 21:58 - Jan 4 with 534 viewsdirk_doone

Well Forster extended his record without too much trouble tonight. Looking forward to him keeping his 6th consecutive clean sheet against them at Anfield.

McCarthy on 22:05 - Jan 4 with 523 viewsBerber

McCarthy on 09:27 - Jan 4 by SonicBoom

This doesn't fill me with much confidence. I can see him making a few decent saves when he just needs to react. But I also still remember the moments of panic he creates by being rooted to his line when everyone expects him to collect the ball.
Also - and I know this isn't his fault - but he's been paid a fortune (literally) by this club, so he does owe us a performance.

Apart from a couple of dodgy passes forward, he was value for money tonight. Not overly tested, but there when needed, and did provide an outlet for the CBs.
McCarthy on 22:11 - Jan 4 with 502 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy on 22:05 - Jan 4 by Berber

Apart from a couple of dodgy passes forward, he was value for money tonight. Not overly tested, but there when needed, and did provide an outlet for the CBs.

He looked calm and unflustered throughout. But, by now, when he plays Liverpool, he must think it's a piece of cake. Forster's great clean sheet record continues.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 22:12]

McCarthy on 07:12 - Jan 5 with 441 viewssaint22

McCarthy on 22:05 - Jan 4 by Berber

Agreed he looked commanding on crosses too most the night
Equally pulled off a great stop early on even tho the tiny dancer was offside
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024