Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR what’s the point 19:57 - Jan 20 with 907 viewsSalisburySaint

Surely Man City’s first goal shouldn’t have been allowed, man coming back from miles offside to rob Mings Of ball.

Yet the useless Moss his assistant and man on VAR and apparently Premier League think it was ok, what a joke
VAR what’s the point on 20:07 - Jan 20 with 874 views1885_SFC

The sh1ttest thing about all of it is if that had been Che Adams doing that at Anfield or Old Trafford or the City of Manchester Stadium - the ref would have 100% ruled that goal out - guaranteed. If Villa had done that at the other end with the score 0-0 - then no way would the goal have stood.

Old School is Cool

VAR what’s the point on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 813 viewssaint22

Mings made a direct action to play the ball thus playing the City player onside
Crap rule but correct by letter of law
VAR what’s the point on 07:28 - Jan 21 with 683 viewssaintwizzler

VAR what’s the point on 21:04 - Jan 20 by saint22

Mings made a direct action to play the ball thus playing the City player onside
Crap rule but correct by letter of law

Correct.

Emperor Mings played the ball deliberately before the challenge, which made it a new phase of play.

The rule is that if he (City player) would of challenged for the ball with Mings, he'd have been offside, but once Mings had played it he was no longer offside.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

VAR what’s the point on 08:51 - Jan 21 with 633 viewssaint22

VAR what’s the point on 07:28 - Jan 21 by saintwizzler

Correct.

Emperor Mings played the ball deliberately before the challenge, which made it a new phase of play.

The rule is that if he (City player) would of challenged for the ball with Mings, he'd have been offside, but once Mings had played it he was no longer offside.

The fact he came back from an offside position should have meant something but it didn't
stupid rule, another one, like not putting the flag up immediately when clearly offside
VAR what’s the point on 11:10 - Jan 21 with 576 viewsSonicBoom

That offside one is completely baffling for me.

If a player is offside why play on? Ten seconds later they put the flag up anyway. I don't understand at all.
I preferred it when the flag went up and the ref could wave play on if he chose to. It just seems another rule where they've changed for change sake and I don't think there is one fan, player or pundit that thinks it's a good idea.
VAR what’s the point on 11:50 - Jan 21 with 561 viewsBerber

It is not VAR that you should be moaning about, it is the FA rules. I don't have a problem anyway, under the even older conventions (and rules), he was onside when he touched the ball after the ball was played by the opposition player.
VAR what’s the point on 12:22 - Jan 21 with 541 viewsSadoldgit

VAR what’s the point on 11:10 - Jan 21 by SonicBoom

That offside one is completely baffling for me.

If a player is offside why play on? Ten seconds later they put the flag up anyway. I don't understand at all.
I preferred it when the flag went up and the ref could wave play on if he chose to. It just seems another rule where they've changed for change sake and I don't think there is one fan, player or pundit that thinks it's a good idea.

Me too. Last night was a strange one. In the good old days he would have been offside the moment the ball was played. Now as he wasn’t actually involved in the move until he was onside again he was ok. Mings was aware of him though so why didn’t he just hoof it way rather than bring it down and mess about with it?
VAR what’s the point on 12:34 - Jan 21 with 532 viewsChesham_Saint

I also think the 'not interfering with play' needs looking at too. Anyone who's played in goal will tell you that opposition players other than the potential goal scorer can be extremely distracting for the keeper and therefore surely, 'interfering with play'?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR what’s the point on 13:03 - Jan 21 with 520 viewsSadoldgit

VAR what’s the point on 12:34 - Jan 21 by Chesham_Saint

I also think the 'not interfering with play' needs looking at too. Anyone who's played in goal will tell you that opposition players other than the potential goal scorer can be extremely distracting for the keeper and therefore surely, 'interfering with play'?

As a famous old manager once said (it might have been Brian Clough) “if a player isn’t interfering with play, what is he doing in the pitch?”
VAR what’s the point on 13:59 - Jan 21 with 493 viewsTimSaint

Perhaps it's karma from all those dodgy decisions Villa have had this season and last. How many free kicks or penalties have they (mostly Grealish) won from dives etc and the worst one of all was that Sheffield United goal that wasn't given, that gave them the point that (theoretically) kept them up last season.

I want us to finish as high up the league as possible this season, so the less points the likes of Villa, West Ham and the other teams around us get, the better for us !!

TimSaint

VAR what’s the point on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 471 views1885_SFC

VAR what’s the point on 12:34 - Jan 21 by Chesham_Saint

Maybe we should start leaving the likes of Ings or Adams standing behind the goal line when a keeper throws or plays the ball out from the back (as is the modern way) - and then run towards the CB and wait for him to touch it. Once he has - voila!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024