Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph's Comment 10:48 - Feb 8 with 1490 viewsRon11

'When you defend like this, it's not possible to win Premiership games'.
Well, it's certainly not your fault when the club has not invested in a couple of good defenders, apart from the unicorn that is Salisu, but it's the seriously ponderous build play from the back that is not helping a lot. It should not be happening when you're chasing a game at 3-2 down, opposing teams are watching for it ( McCarthy passes to Bertrand etc). If you have a suspect defence, get the ball further up the pitch, pissing about at the back is asking for trouble.
And on the subject of defenders, I've seen several lower league defenders on TV games in the last week who looked far superior to the likes of Stephens, and who were also showing 100% commitment unlike the sulky Bertrand.A contract is a contract, Bertrand just appears to be going through the motions and because of that gifts the opposition an embarrassing goal.
Ralph's Comment on 11:52 - Feb 8 with 1417 viewsDorsetIan

Just been watching back the highlights of the first two goals...

First one, what is Stephens doing? He's in midfield basically leaving 3 at the back. Worse, JWP and Romeu leg it back to try to provide cover. Stephens isn't even back in the penalty area when the goal hits the back of the net.

Second one, ultimately Bedanrek should be dealing better with that but again Stephens is miles away from Saint-Maximin and Almiron is all on his own in the box.

His confidence looks rock bottom to me. He should never have been playing at right back.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph's Comment on 12:06 - Feb 8 with 1405 viewssaint22

Ralph's Comment on 11:52 - Feb 8 by DorsetIan

First one, what is Stephens doing? He's in midfield basically leaving 3 at the back. Worse, JWP and Romeu leg it back to try to provide cover. Stephens isn't even back in the penalty area when the goal hits the back of the net.

Second one, ultimately Bedanrek should be dealing better with that but again Stephens is miles away from Saint-Maximin and Almiron is all on his own in the box.

His confidence looks rock bottom to me. He should never have been playing at right back.

His shouldn't be playing period.
He should have been farmed out on the back of that dreadful home game against Cardiff two seasons ago amongst countless others
Just not good enough
Ralph's Comment on 12:06 - Feb 8 with 1404 viewskingslandstand1

As Salisu or whatever his name is, was on the bench Saturday he must be fit enough to actually make a start. Kick Stephens in to touch and bring him on, but whether he can play at RB is another story.

Although Bednarek didn't have his best game, there was not enough there to drop him altogether. Both he and Vest together have been pretty good for us this season
Ralph's Comment on 12:15 - Feb 8 with 1386 viewssaint22

Ralph's Comment on 12:06 - Feb 8 by kingslandstand1

As Salisu or whatever his name is, was on the bench Saturday he must be fit enough to actually make a start. Kick Stephens in to touch and bring him on, but whether he can play at RB is another story.

Although Bednarek didn't have his best game, there was not enough there to drop him altogether. Both he and Vest together have been pretty good for us this season

I am also perplexed as to why Ramsay didn't play RB
He looked alright against United even though had no help from djenepo
With another quick player in Traore coming up Ralph really needs to play the right people in their best positions as we seem to be unable to defend against paces wingers/attackers
Ralph's Comment on 12:25 - Feb 8 with 1355 viewsgrumpy

What is it with Salisu?
He's cost us 10.9 million and he hasn't played a game.
Ralph's Comment on 12:42 - Feb 8 with 1332 viewsDorsetIan

I agree. The Bedanrek-Vest has proved itself to be the best central defensive partnership we've had for a few years. We've got enough problems at right back without tinkering with that.

And thank God for KWP. We knew he was good, but his absence has shown just how vital to the team he is.

Ralph's Comment on 12:45 - Feb 8 with 1326 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph's Comment on 12:25 - Feb 8 by grumpy

What is it with Salisu?
He's cost us 10.9 million and he hasn't played a game.

My guess is that they don't want to play him in case he turns out to be sh!t.

We can't take any more disappointment and while he sits on the sidelines unplayed, at least we'll still have hope!!

Ralph's Comment on 12:53 - Feb 8 with 1315 views1ASIN12

I was saying to a mate a work the its a bit unfair to critisise Stehpens as he was playing out of position and it would be hard enough for a good center back to play full back.

Is Ramsey so poor that Ralph thought it was better to play a plyer out of position rather then
a right back at right back?

I hope Ralph is not going back to his old habits like last season where he played players out of position (Bournemouth Home?)
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph's Comment on 13:21 - Feb 8 with 1283 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph's Comment on 12:45 - Feb 8 by DorsetIan

We can't take any more disappointment and while he sits on the sidelines unplayed, at least we'll still have hope!!

I don’t understand why he hasn’t had a run out for the B team. Perhaps he will get a start against Wolves?
Ralph's Comment on 13:42 - Feb 8 with 1265 viewsTimSaint

Ralph's Comment on 12:42 - Feb 8 by DorsetIan

I agree. The Bedanrek-Vest has proved itself to be the best central defensive partnership we've had for a few years. We've got enough problems at right back without tinkering with that.

And thank God for KWP. We knew he was good, but his absence has shown just how vital to the team he is.

Having proper full backs playing in their proper positions roles is vital to our play. Unlike our home game v Newcastle, where Stephens played LB, Bruce did his homework this time and targeted our weak RB !!

As a CB you would expect Stephens to perhaps drift in field occasionally to a more central slot, but he was found way out of position so many times and not in any hurry to get back, which then forces other defenders out of position to cover - and that is when the problems really start.

This really does highlight how vital KWP has been to our tactics and what a huge miss he has been over the last 4 games.

TimSaint

Ralph's Comment on 14:08 - Feb 8 with 1247 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph's Comment on 12:53 - Feb 8 by 1ASIN12

I was saying to a mate a work the its a bit unfair to critisise Stehpens as he was playing out of position and it would be hard enough for a good center back to play full back.

Is Ramsey so poor that Ralph thought it was better to play a plyer out of position rather then
a right back at right back?

I hope Ralph is not going back to his old habits like last season where he played players out of position (Bournemouth Home?)

He was playing out of position but, as Tim said, he was miles away from that right back slot too many times.

It might sound like an odd comment given the score I didn't think Ramsay did too badly against Utd. I don't think he was too much at fault for any of the goals.

Ralph's Comment on 14:10 - Feb 8 with 1243 viewsButty101

Ralph's Comment on 13:42 - Feb 8 by TimSaint

Having proper full backs playing in their proper positions roles is vital to our play. Unlike our home game v Newcastle, where Stephens played LB, Bruce did his homework this time and targeted our weak RB !!

As a CB you would expect Stephens to perhaps drift in field occasionally to a more central slot, but he was found way out of position so many times and not in any hurry to get back, which then forces other defenders out of position to cover - and that is when the problems really start.

This really does highlight how vital KWP has been to our tactics and what a huge miss he has been over the last 4 games.

Maybe we should give Valery ago again at right back... oh wait Oh we cost cutted and sent him out on loan to save 10k a week. Mental - so far thats cost us 2 places in the league or 2.5mill. Still we will have saved 40k on his wages by the end of the season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph's Comment on 15:00 - Feb 8 with 1206 viewsRon11

Ralph's Comment on 12:45 - Feb 8 by DorsetIan

Yet they still play Stephens, and they already know about his capabilities...
Ralph's Comment on 15:14 - Feb 8 with 1193 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph's Comment on 15:00 - Feb 8 by Ron11

Yet they still play Stephens, and they already know about his capabilities...

Who can we blame? Stephens is all we have, when we have injuries.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph's Comment on 16:25 - Feb 8 with 1164 viewsBerber

Ralph's Comment on 14:08 - Feb 8 by DorsetIan

He was playing out of position but, as Tim said, he was miles away from that right back slot too many times.

It might sound like an odd comment given the score I didn't think Ramsay did too badly against Utd. I don't think he was too much at fault for any of the goals.

I agree about Ramsey. Slightly in JS favour, how often have we seen KWP running back in the same circumstances, though he tends to get further forward?
Ralph's Comment on 20:18 - Feb 8 with 1060 viewsTimSaint

Ralph's Comment on 14:10 - Feb 8 by Butty101

Maybe we should give Valery ago again at right back... oh wait Oh we cost cutted and sent him out on loan to save 10k a week. Mental - so far thats cost us 2 places in the league or 2.5mill. Still we will have saved 40k on his wages by the end of the season.

Having experimented with Valery (not up to it so shipped out), Stephens (stand in failure), Ramsey (not ready) and even Djenepo (misfit at RB), at least Ralph now knows that KWP is the only RB we have at the club, who can be trusted to deliver with his formation and tactics.

TimSaint

Ralph's Comment on 20:59 - Feb 8 with 1031 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph's Comment on 20:18 - Feb 8 by TimSaint

Having experimented with Valery (not up to it so shipped out), Stephens (stand in failure), Ramsey (not ready) and even Djenepo (misfit at RB), at least Ralph now knows that KWP is the only RB we have at the club, who can be trusted to deliver with his formation and tactics.

You forget JWP. He was OK at RB, but then we missed him in midfield.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024