Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph increasingly frustrated? 01:29 - Feb 28 with 1309 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9306695/

The signs are there. We have heard all the hints before from previous managers about ambition, and the need for strength in depth. Before we know it, they are off: they get fed up. So Ralph confirms here that he wants a bigger squad, with a dig at the club.

The key quote being this:

'This is not what we want here. We want to be more successful and this is only possible if you have a bigger squad and better players in the width (depth) of the squad.

'This is the goal for the future I think, otherwise you will never make a step forward."

[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 1:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 03:31 - Feb 28 with 1226 viewsRipleys_revenge

Yeah I saw this comment in the press conference, although I have to say I didn't read it the same way as the Daily Mail seems to have done.

To me it seemed like Ralph was being pragmatic about the future and managing expectations, at a time when he has come in for quite a bit of (justifiable) criticism. Everything he has said here is bang on the money and it's something everyone knows is true - fans as well as the club. Probably the only person who might have a different opinion is Gao...

In the context of an traditionally incendiary Daily Mail piece, it looks worrying but I see it as more of Ralph being Ralph, saying it how he sees it. And let's be honest, is he wrong? Agreed - he can't be happy with his lot at the moment, but in other parts of the interview he talks about having 'the best job in the world'. Funny how the Mail didn't see fit to include that in this piece
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 3:31]
Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 09:11 - Feb 28 with 1086 viewsinthebox

Hopefully Ralph will outlast Gao, but finding a decent owner appears to be the real issue which is probably why Ings is reluctant to commit. With Ings, I think he knows that at his age and fitness issues he wants to share the responsibility for the attacking options so sitting on the bench for half the season at Spuds partnering Kean earning a good whack is probably appealing.
Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 1040 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 09:11 - Feb 28 by inthebox

Hopefully Ralph will outlast Gao, but finding a decent owner appears to be the real issue which is probably why Ings is reluctant to commit. With Ings, I think he knows that at his age and fitness issues he wants to share the responsibility for the attacking options so sitting on the bench for half the season at Spuds partnering Kean earning a good whack is probably appealing.

Ralph seems to have moved from wanting to work with a smaller squad to realising that, due to the intensity of the Premier League, a bigger squad is required. He has been here long enough now to understand what is required, which is no bad thing. Good managers lean to adapt and as good as Ralph has been, he clearly does need to adapt. Who wouldn’t be frustrated? We were doing very well then a series of serious injuries and a number of incredibly bad decisions have derailed our season. Throw into that the unhelpful transfer window system which is virtually a waste of time in January, the financial issues and the problems posed by the pandemic and it is enough to try anyone’s patience.
Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 10:43 - Feb 28 with 1022 views1teeminants

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 09:11 - Feb 28 by inthebox

For many players I would agree but I don’t think Ings is the type that would happily want to sit on the bench . He’s good enough to play many games for a top side with the chance to win silverware and who can blame him for not signing as we don’t appear to match his ambitions. I know many say lack of spending is down to the pandemic which this year it is and no club is spending money but we haven’t exactly gone all out to be successful or shown signs of it in the past.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 11:02 - Feb 28 with 998 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 03:31 - Feb 28 by Ripleys_revenge

Yeah I saw this comment in the press conference, although I have to say I didn't read it the same way as the Daily Mail seems to have done.

To me it seemed like Ralph was being pragmatic about the future and managing expectations, at a time when he has come in for quite a bit of (justifiable) criticism. Everything he has said here is bang on the money and it's something everyone knows is true - fans as well as the club. Probably the only person who might have a different opinion is Gao...

In the context of an traditionally incendiary Daily Mail piece, it looks worrying but I see it as more of Ralph being Ralph, saying it how he sees it. And let's be honest, is he wrong? Agreed - he can't be happy with his lot at the moment, but in other parts of the interview he talks about having 'the best job in the world'. Funny how the Mail didn't see fit to include that in this piece
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 3:31]

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19124209.hasenhuttl-need-bigger-squad-future/#

It's been picked up by the echo too, and other news outlets. The problem is, we know Gao probably won't allow Ralph to have a bigger squad. Like Ralph also said, "we don't have money". What are the cryptic clues here, heading towards the end if the season? And when a manager starts criticising his employers (rightly in my view) with a few comments here and there, it doesnt usually turn out well.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 11:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 951 views1885_SFC

Get all our expensive flop loan players off the books completely - take the financial loss - and back Ralph with 4 or 5 very decent additions in the Summer. It's the only way.

Old School is Cool

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 12:36 - Feb 28 with 934 viewssaint22

Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 11:58 - Feb 28 by 1885_SFC

Get all our expensive flop loan players off the books completely - take the financial loss - and back Ralph with 4 or 5 very decent additions in the Summer. It's the only way.

4 or 5 minimum
We need LB and RB as competition and cover
An attacking midfielder, ideally another holding one too, plus another scoring striker
Even a new keeper maybe?
Ralph increasingly frustrated? on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 696 viewssledger

All this talk about the owner nicely deflects any blame from from our manager,in my opinion he is culpable in us going into freefall he is so obstinate with his tactics,and as for danny ings he really has spat his dummy out,he needs to really up his attitude to have any chance of euroes,strange I thought his character better than that,but guess pro players all basically the same,greedy tw*ts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024