Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott 12:58 - May 12 with 1532 viewssolent_toffee

Apparently he’s getting offered a two year deal at Saints? Has he been any good? From when I’ve watched Saints this season he’s disappeared in most games when starting or been injured. I know he’s on a free and all that, but he’s going to want big bucks.

Are you all happy with the signing?

I thought he’d do the year here then go for an easy life on the MLS, maybe he likes the easier life at SMS?
Walcott on 13:04 - May 12 with 1511 viewsDorsetIan

If this is true, it's a worrying reflection on our ambition. Earlier in the season, I thought he added a bit of energy to our attacks, but he's been disappointing since he came back from injury.

I don't get the impression he has too many fans at the moment and I think most are hoping for much more of a squad shake up in the summer.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Walcott on 13:14 - May 12 with 1495 viewsgrumpy

This is ridiculous, we need to invest in a younger up and coming player in that position.
He hasn't shown me any reason to give a 32 year old player who's past his best a two year contract in the Premiership.
Walcott on 13:34 - May 12 with 1465 viewsTimSaint

It's not April 1st again Toffs.

Have you seen him since he returned from injury ? He is doing nothing to suggest he trying to earn a contract with us. Absolutely awful. No longer quick, can't pass, constantly turns into trouble, gives the ball away too much etc etc......

I would much rather we sign a hungry, up and coming prospect that can be developed, or give game time to one of our own prospects such as Tella.

TimSaint

Walcott on 14:00 - May 12 with 1407 viewsRon11

If they offer him a two year deal it will confirm that the management or those who own/run the club have lost the the plot.
Walcott on 14:02 - May 12 with 1404 viewssolent_toffee

Walcott on 13:34 - May 12 by TimSaint

It's not April 1st again Toffs.

Have you seen him since he returned from injury ? He is doing nothing to suggest he trying to earn a contract with us. Absolutely awful. No longer quick, can't pass, constantly turns into trouble, gives the ball away too much etc etc......

I would much rather we sign a hungry, up and coming prospect that can be developed, or give game time to one of our own prospects such as Tella.

I haven’t made this up, just saw a couple of reports with quotes from the manager saying that they are trying to get a deal done with him.

I had your game on against West Brom the other week and didn’t notice he was playing until he got subbed.

It would be a strange one, but then again up and coming players in the championship tend to cost £20 million these days a season that isn’t Saints way at the moment, it would seem.
Walcott on 14:12 - May 12 with 1388 views1885_SFC

I don't mind Walcott staying. Saints are clearly looking at the future and probably see Theo running the youth set up eventually. In the meantime, he's someone that can come off the bench for 15-20 minutes when an experienced head is required.

Old School is Cool

Walcott on 14:46 - May 12 with 1341 viewsstmichael

Some of these comments are just comical.
Who do you think we are FFS!!
Of course we should sign him.
He would be a great squad member and is more than capable of starting games too.
Add to that his influence off the pitch helping the likes of Tella.
I will be delighted to see this deal done as should anyone who knows anything about football...

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Walcott on 15:45 - May 12 with 1283 viewsSaintNick

Walcott on 14:46 - May 12 by stmichael

He would be a great squad member and is more than capable of starting games too.
I will be delighted to see this deal done as should anyone who knows anything about football...

There are several factors as to why we should or should nt sign him, not least how much he wants, secondly we have a lot of options in his position, whether outwide or up front Redmond, Tella, Armstrong, Djenepo as wingers for instance.

Up to Xmas I would probably have said sign him, now im not too sure

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Walcott on 15:52 - May 12 with 1268 viewsDorsetIan

Walcott on 14:12 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

I don't mind Walcott staying. Saints are clearly looking at the future and probably see Theo running the youth set up eventually. In the meantime, he's someone that can come off the bench for 15-20 minutes when an experienced head is required.

Even given his recent form, I would rather see him coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes (or more like 10 if Ralph is making the subs) than Djenepo.

At least with Walcott there is some hope that he might have good spell.

That said, would rather we had more reliable options available, and I would take Boufal for 15-20 mins over either of them every day of the week.

Walcott on 15:56 - May 12 with 1265 viewsSaintNick

Walcott on 15:52 - May 12 by DorsetIan

Even given his recent form, I would rather see him coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes (or more like 10 if Ralph is making the subs) than Djenepo.

At least with Walcott there is some hope that he might have good spell.

That said, would rather we had more reliable options available, and I would take Boufal for 15-20 mins over either of them every day of the week.

Im not sure what Boufal has brought to the table over the past 3 years, lots of trickery yes, but little end product

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Walcott on 16:03 - May 12 with 1258 viewssaints__fan__73

Walcott on 15:56 - May 12 by SaintNick

Im not sure what Boufal has brought to the table over the past 3 years, lots of trickery yes, but little end product

Be fair. He may have only ever scored one goal a season, but it was always a good one.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Walcott on 16:17 - May 12 with 1234 viewssaint22

Walcott on 13:04 - May 12 by DorsetIan

If this is true, it's a worrying reflection on our ambition. Earlier in the season, I thought he added a bit of energy to our attacks, but he's been disappointing since he came back from injury.

I don't get the impression he has too many fans at the moment and I think most are hoping for much more of a squad shake up in the summer.

This is fkn insane if true
A player on the downhill slope, slow, can't pass, cant score and we need not another under performing wide player
As i said last night he and Minamino can share a cab back to the Mersey
Walcott on 16:30 - May 12 with 1224 viewssolent_toffee

Walcott on 16:17 - May 12 by saint22

This is fkn insane if true
A player on the downhill slope, slow, can't pass, cant score and we need not another under performing wide player
As i said last night he and Minamino can share a cab back to the Mersey

Walcott is out of contract and has already brought his golf clubs down here so he won’t be going back to Merseyside anytime soon.
Walcott on 18:12 - May 12 with 1141 viewskingslandstand1

Walcott on 14:46 - May 12 by stmichael

Although he has not maintained his early form when he rejoined us he is probably worth keeping as a squad player but only if the cash he wants is sensible
Walcott on 18:18 - May 12 with 1123 viewsI_would

We'll sign him for two reasons.

One, no transfer fee.
Two, Ralph Hassnaclue, if anybody needs proof look at his choice of Captain. His judgement on all football matters is shot.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Walcott on 18:20 - May 12 with 1122 viewsDellHero_Would

Walcott on 18:12 - May 12 by kingslandstand1

Although he has not maintained his early form when he rejoined us he is probably worth keeping as a squad player but only if the cash he wants is sensible

I agree, on balance I’d say he’s worth keeping. Although 2 years at 80k a week is pushing it a bit, if that’s what it amounts to.

Does he add value off the pitch in terms of wise head around younger players and the possibility of moving to a coaching role eventually?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Walcott on 18:36 - May 12 with 1090 viewsMattFinish

Walcott on 18:18 - May 12 by I_would

We'll sign him for two reasons.

One, no transfer fee.
Two, Ralph Hassnaclue, if anybody needs proof look at his choice of Captain. His judgement on all football matters is shot.

How much is your Pompey season ticket costing next season?
Walcott on 18:46 - May 12 with 1078 viewsHeisenberg

No. He is rubbish

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Walcott on 18:52 - May 12 with 1065 viewsRon11

Walcott on 18:46 - May 12 by Heisenberg

No. He is rubbish

80k a week to run around losing the ball to the opposition
Walcott on 19:05 - May 12 with 1047 viewsDorsetIan

Walcott on 15:56 - May 12 by SaintNick

He came off the bench at home to Watford and turned the game on its head.

Personally, I find him a mystery. Absolutely no idea why he didn't achieve more than he did for us. His footballing ability was obvious and on occasion there was an end product. Would be really interested to know what the other players thought about him.

And who do I want coming on with 10 mins to go to inject something new into the side - Walcott, Djenepo or Boufal? Boufal. It's not even close.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 19:06]

Walcott on 21:05 - May 12 with 945 viewsI_would

Walcott on 18:36 - May 12 by MattFinish

How much is your Pompey season ticket costing next season?

Michael McIntyre's funnier than you Del and I thought he was the most unfunny person ever. Well done.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Walcott on 21:09 - May 12 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott on 19:05 - May 12 by DorsetIan

He came off the bench at home to Watford and turned the game on its head.

Personally, I find him a mystery. Absolutely no idea why he didn't achieve more than he did for us. His footballing ability was obvious and on occasion there was an end product. Would be really interested to know what the other players thought about him.

And who do I want coming on with 10 mins to go to inject something new into the side - Walcott, Djenepo or Boufal? Boufal. It's not even close.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 19:06]

Boufal, now there is a mystery. Rarely has a player promised so much and delivered so little. He certainly had ability but we rarely saw him at his best. He doesn’t seem to be tearing up trees at Angers these days either.
Walcott on 21:34 - May 12 with 919 viewsBerber

Over the season, he hasn't really cut the mustard for me. Thumb down.
Walcott on 22:03 - May 12 with 894 viewskingslandstand1

Walcott on 18:20 - May 12 by DellHero_Would

I agree, on balance I’d say he’s worth keeping. Although 2 years at 80k a week is pushing it a bit, if that’s what it amounts to.

Does he add value off the pitch in terms of wise head around younger players and the possibility of moving to a coaching role eventually?

When Ralph was asked about him he did say he was good to have around the squad and clearly has a lot of Premiership experience that must be useful, but as you say, not at £80k a week!
Walcott on 22:57 - May 12 with 848 viewsDorsetIan

Walcott on 21:09 - May 12 by Sadoldgit

Boufal, now there is a mystery. Rarely has a player promised so much and delivered so little. He certainly had ability but we rarely saw him at his best. He doesn’t seem to be tearing up trees at Angers these days either.

Looks like he's been out for a long time with a knee injury at Angers.

Promised so much straight from his first game. I was sitting right in line with his shot when he curled it in against Sunderland!

And no matter how much he disappointed in the previous games, I always had the hope that THIS game was the one where he was going to do something special.

And then one time, he did!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024