Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best fans' return 23:50 - May 19 with 1285 viewsdirk_doone

Has to be Lincoln City. Great support, emotion and brilliant scenes with the background of flares from the fans outside the ground. If you've ever been to Lincoln, you'll know it just doesn't feel like a football city. In fact, it doesn't even feel like a city. It just goes to show that success breeds passion. As Sky Sports News said, "Listen to that noise!"

As a side note, Michael Appleton, the Lincoln manager, one of the best young managers in the country, was once manager of Little Pompey before moving on to better things.

[Post edited 20 May 2021 7:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The best fans' return on 11:34 - May 20 with 1154 viewsWints76

Watched bits and pieces of that game, and have to say I enjoyed the air raid warning they played everyone Lincoln got a corner
The best fans' return on 14:04 - May 20 with 1086 viewsTimSaint

My one and only trip to Lincoln, was for our cup game against them in or around 97 / 98. Drove up on the day, watched the game and drove home. Didn't see any of the city and don't think we even arrived in time for a pre-match pint !!

We won 3-1

Not a great game, but we drew level through Magilton, with a slightly dodgy penalty and won it with late goals from Berkovic and Watson.

The Lincoln fans were in uproar at Ostenstadt, as he apparently dived for the equalising penalty. One of their fanzines actually wrote to him and he allegedly replied - which made some of the tabloids at the time.

TimSaint

The best fans' return on 14:10 - May 20 with 1079 viewsgrumpy

The best fans' return on 11:34 - May 20 by Wints76

Watched bits and pieces of that game, and have to say I enjoyed the air raid warning they played everyone Lincoln got a corner

'air raid warning they played at corners'
What a brilliant idea.
The best fans' return on 16:33 - May 20 with 1023 viewsWints76

I went to that replay at Lincoln and yeh, it was a dodgy penalty! Remember the home game as there were people stood up in the aisles as think it was cash on the gate and too many came in. The Lincoln players and fans were using the 617 squadron stuff then as well, so the air raid siren may have been in use 😀

The best fans' return on 22:19 - May 20 with 887 viewscocklebreath

The best fans' return on 14:04 - May 20 by TimSaint

My one and only trip to Lincoln, was for our cup game against them in or around 97 / 98. Drove up on the day, watched the game and drove home. Didn't see any of the city and don't think we even arrived in time for a pre-match pint !!

We won 3-1

Not a great game, but we drew level through Magilton, with a slightly dodgy penalty and won it with late goals from Berkovic and Watson.

The Lincoln fans were in uproar at Ostenstadt, as he apparently dived for the equalising penalty. One of their fanzines actually wrote to him and he allegedly replied - which made some of the tabloids at the time.

I was at that game, drove down from Sheffield as I was staying with a mate, Lincoln fans got very angry. Lovely cathederal that’s all I remember about the city

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The best fans' return on 22:51 - May 20 with 869 viewsSaintsforeverj

Was at the cup game at the Dell, when Ulrich Van Gobbel scored. Who remembers him? Their fans had a full amount of supporters at the Dell that evening and were really loud and passionate, especially when they scored an equaliser for a replay. Souness was manager.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 22:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The best fans' return on 16:51 - May 22 with 641 viewsDENZY

I was in Archers Road for the home game, I remember their fans were pretty loud at the end with the late equaliser.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

The best fans' return on 20:15 - May 22 with 601 viewsTripleNiemi

The best fans' return on 22:51 - May 20 by Saintsforeverj

Was at the cup game at the Dell, when Ulrich Van Gobbel scored. Who remembers him? Their fans had a full amount of supporters at the Dell that evening and were really loud and passionate, especially when they scored an equaliser for a replay. Souness was manager.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 22:52]

Ulrich Van Gobbel, who can forget him.....fastest player to shift 100 metres wasn't he? (Had to be as well since his first touch was shīt)
[Post edited 22 May 2021 20:16]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

The best fans' return on 12:56 - May 23 with 501 viewsBison

The best fans' return on 22:19 - May 20 by cocklebreath

I was at that game, drove down from Sheffield as I was staying with a mate, Lincoln fans got very angry. Lovely cathederal that’s all I remember about the city

I went to that game as well but cant recall the game being 3-1. We also drove from Sheffield as was living there at time we were late arriving and walking to our seats my Boston Supporting mate was in the way of a wayward shot and he caught the ball with one hand . There is something about Boston/Lincoln about them having one big hand , he proved it that day'.....

Haaaa VG or BRUNO , BRUNO .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024