Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread 13:20 - Oct 26 with 3735 viewsSaintNick

Getting the thread up early today

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Oct 26 with 590 viewsgrumpy

Did Walcott touch the ball when he came on, before the penalties?
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Oct 26 with 552 viewsA1079

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Oct 26 by dirk_doone

Forster was MOTM. If McCarthy had been in goal, Chelsea would have won that easily, at least 3-1.

My stream was rubbish Dirk so what I saw was stuttering but the commentary on the radio was quite favourable. Sounded like Forster did really well for us and Lyanco seemed to be getting some praise which is good as he did not look great at Sheff Utd in the last round. We may need him when Salisu goes to the African Nations tournament.

It is an odd season as there are moments when I have been really pleased with our performances and felt entertained this season and yet there are times when I have been really frustrated (not least with our finishing). I guess that is the fun of being a Saints fan - you never really know what you are going to get. I am off to Watford on Saturday so we'll see what happens then.
Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Oct 26 with 527 viewsdirk_doone

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Oct 26 by A1079

My stream was rubbish Dirk so what I saw was stuttering but the commentary on the radio was quite favourable. Sounded like Forster did really well for us and Lyanco seemed to be getting some praise which is good as he did not look great at Sheff Utd in the last round. We may need him when Salisu goes to the African Nations tournament.

It is an odd season as there are moments when I have been really pleased with our performances and felt entertained this season and yet there are times when I have been really frustrated (not least with our finishing). I guess that is the fun of being a Saints fan - you never really know what you are going to get. I am off to Watford on Saturday so we'll see what happens then.

Yes, both Forster and Lyanco were very good. What cost us in the end was Walcott coming on. He did nothing other than miss his penalty, which we all knew he would.

We have a good team in our squad. I just wish Ralph would select it. McCarthy and Walcott should never be in it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Oct 26 with 520 views1885_SFC

Always gut-wrenching losing on penalties after playing so well at what is a very difficult place to go. Some positives though; Forster played very well - as did Lyanco & Salisu. Good to see KWP get a game (thought he did well too) and we gave Chelsea as good as we got.

I can only assume that young Smallbone put his name forward when Ralph asked who wanted to step up? Hope the lad doesn't dwell on it too much. As for Theo... well, that's the Theo of 2021 for you. Dogshít.

A win at Watford will erase tonight's defeat. Nothing less.

Old School is Cool

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Oct 26 with 487 viewsChesham_Saint

We lose To Chelsea. On fvcking penalties.
What is the point? I mean, really, what is the fvcking point? Don’t these falsely manufactured financed clubs win enough?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:38 - Oct 26 with 474 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Oct 26 by Chesham_Saint

We lose To Chelsea. On fvcking penalties.
What is the point? I mean, really, what is the fvcking point? Don’t these falsely manufactured financed clubs win enough?

I hear you. They have already won this cup 5 times. They will probably win the league and last year they won the champions League. Let someone else have a bit of enjoyment. Is it too much to ask for to just have one cup to celebrate after 40 years, whilst Chelsea have had about 20 cups in that time. Yep, let them win on penalties and have more celebration.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 22:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 26 with 439 viewsDorsetIan

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Oct 26 by 1885_SFC

Always gut-wrenching losing on penalties after playing so well at what is a very difficult place to go. Some positives though; Forster played very well - as did Lyanco & Salisu. Good to see KWP get a game (thought he did well too) and we gave Chelsea as good as we got.

I can only assume that young Smallbone put his name forward when Ralph asked who wanted to step up? Hope the lad doesn't dwell on it too much. As for Theo... well, that's the Theo of 2021 for you. Dogshít.

A win at Watford will erase tonight's defeat. Nothing less.

I know he’s only a young lad, so I don’t really want to put the boot in, but when Smallbone volunteered RH should have said. ‘No Lad, you’ve already missed the target twice‘.

In fact, didn’t he put his header wide of the left post, his shot wide of the right post and his pen over the bar. Is that the equivalent of a perfect Hattrick?

Gallow’s humour aside, what a great performance. There is no shortage of effort and commitment in the squad this season. And Lyanco played like a man with something to prove, and proved it. I can’t even find much to criticise Djenepo for!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 23:16]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Oct 26 with 413 viewsSadoldgit

I feel gutted for both Walcott and Smallbone. It takes some nerve to step up and take a penalty in those circumstances so I have great respect for anyone who does it. Even the master penalty taker himself (MLT) missed one.
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 07:17 - Oct 27 with 317 viewssaint22

Chelsea Cup Game Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Oct 26 by Sadoldgit

I feel gutted for both Walcott and Smallbone. It takes some nerve to step up and take a penalty in those circumstances so I have great respect for anyone who does it. Even the master penalty taker himself (MLT) missed one.

Gutted for Walcott!?
Do me a favour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024