Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja 10:48 - Jan 12 with 1248 viewsSonicBoom

Signing him would be great wouldn't it. I think he's going to go on to be a top striker so I think whatever Chelsea want would be a good investment. I can only imagine we would get him for the next two years but he is a genuine goalscorer.

That said I do think Chelsea are well aware of what they have and his performances for us will have cemented that. I think they might bin off Werner next season and there would be space for Broja. Shame but there it is, he is their player.

The third option is that he doesn't want to go back but that doesn't mean he will stay here. If he wants out Chelsea would still be within their rights to sell to anyone and I'm sure he won't be short of good offers.
Overall I'm just going to enjoy watching whilst he's here.
Broja on 10:58 - Jan 12 with 1241 views1885_SFC

Alas, no chance of signing him permanently. He only signed a 5-year contract with Chelsea literally days before he came here on loan. They (Chelsea) know what they've got!

Likewise, we may as well enjoy watching him in a Saints shirt while he's here. He's a good lad with a great future.

Old School is Cool

Broja on 11:46 - Jan 12 with 1181 viewsBerber

Hopefully, we'll get him again for the first half of next season. Chelsea have too many top quality players so no need to take risks on young promising ones unless their is a severe injury problem. Another half or full season here would be good for us, Broja and Chelsea too.
Broja on 12:00 - Jan 12 with 1161 viewsdirk_doone

Even in the unlikely event that Chelsea were prepared to sell him, he would cost at least £40 mill.

He is great to watch though. He's made a few of those long counterattacking runs at goal like the one he scored from last night. Son is just about the only other player who can do that on a regular basis. Redmond could learn a lot from watching Broja, as his runs always end up going off to the side, away from goal, so defenders can get back to defend their goal easily.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Broja on 12:09 - Jan 12 with 1151 viewsTimSaint

We were talking about this at the game last night and a mate reckoned that the new owners would at least try to sign him permanently, as early as the current January window. Don't know where he got that from though, so probably just wishful thinking.

Would be good if we could get him on a similar deal to that of Tino, but obviously we pay a bit/lot more, but still let Chelsea have a buy back option ?

Or perhaps after last night, the new owners may just say this is the guy we want and make Chelsea an offer they can't refuse :-) I wish !!

TimSaint

Broja on 12:13 - Jan 12 with 1147 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 11:46 - Jan 12 by Berber

Hopefully, we'll get him again for the first half of next season. Chelsea have too many top quality players so no need to take risks on young promising ones unless their is a severe injury problem. Another half or full season here would be good for us, Broja and Chelsea too.

Chelsea currently have 22 players out on loan this season, amongst the forwards out on loan is Michy Batshuayi, he is 28 years old and signed for them back in 2016 for £33 million from Marseille.

He has started just 5 Premier League games for Chelsea and 43 sub appearances scoring 8 goals, he has been out on loan at various clubs since January 2018.

As we know Chelsea's youth team players are becoming disillusioned with the set up and the lack of chances.

Perhaps Broch will grow like that as well

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 1136 viewsWints76

I don't think we'll have the option to buy, and if he was up for sale, certain other clubs would step in. Be nice if we can get another loan deal for him for next season though
Broja on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 1087 views1885_SFC

The only glimmer/shred of hope would be if Chelsea did (or do) what they have with Tino's contract; insert a buy-back clause for Broja.

Old School is Cool

Broja on 13:02 - Jan 12 with 1072 viewssaint22

Broja on 12:51 - Jan 12 by 1885_SFC

The only glimmer/shred of hope would be if Chelsea did (or do) what they have with Tino's contract; insert a buy-back clause for Broja.

Given how their current 90m striker is finding it there he may well just fancy playing football
The money of course will be an issue
Login to get fewer ads

Broja on 13:13 - Jan 12 with 1060 views1885_SFC

Broja on 13:02 - Jan 12 by saint22

Given how their current 90m striker is finding it there he may well just fancy playing football
The money of course will be an issue

On the plus side, Chelsea will do what they always do in the Summer; go out and spend obscene amounts of money on a striker or two. Lukaku looks like he's off. Tuchel will want big European names in his place and I doubt terrific youngsters like Broja or that Conor Gallagher at Palace will get a look in.

Past managers have shown a bit of faith in giving the likes of Mount & Reece James game time, which has worked out well for them, but I think Tuchel will want to buy big names in order to win something here & now - rather than a couple of season's down the road.

Old School is Cool

Broja on 14:17 - Jan 12 with 1000 viewsBerber

Broja on 12:00 - Jan 12 by dirk_doone

Even in the unlikely event that Chelsea were prepared to sell him, he would cost at least £40 mill.

He is great to watch though. He's made a few of those long counterattacking runs at goal like the one he scored from last night. Son is just about the only other player who can do that on a regular basis. Redmond could learn a lot from watching Broja, as his runs always end up going off to the side, away from goal, so defenders can get back to defend their goal easily.

Broja can do that because he is strong, much like Traore and Antonio. Mostly, if he decides to go somewhere, no one is going to stop him without giving away a free kick. No chance that Redmond could do that, even if he tried.
Broja on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 930 viewsPoirot

Im sure chelsea fans will be wanting to see him play at stamford bridge, but Broja has to think, will he get regular game time like now ? His agent apparently is Ryan Bertrands brother, who has a good relationship with Saints. We know chelsea run there loan players like a totally seperate business. It would probably take upwards of £20million to tempt Chelsea to sell and they would probably want first refusal. The sitaution with Lukaku isnt great and he needs to score goals as does Werner. The lack of firepower will determine if Broja stays or goes. Overall remember Saints cannot start writing out big cheques because we have a rich owner as FFP dictates spending levels.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 20:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024