Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris and the "Party" Party 13:47 - Jan 13 with 12419 viewsBerber

Like him or loathe him, they have called the Omicron wave far better than Duffer Drakeford, The Wild Witch and Sleepy (Yawn) Starmer. The benefits of this far outweigh the negatives of the lockdown breaches (but no doubt the kiddies will cling on to the "Miss, he did this to me" approach). Both Norway and Netherlands have reported that low single digit percentages of people in CC have Omicron. Milder complications and shorter hospital stays.

Don't expect the NHS to be waving this particular flag, but I bet Boris will be on it pretty soon and like magic, the party allegations will shrink into the background.

And I'm not even a Boris supporter.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:48 - Jan 28 with 1203 viewssaint68

Boris and the "Party" Party on 10:48 - Jan 28 by Sadoldgit

Spot on re Starmer. What he lacks in charisma he makes up for with decency and integrity. He is also very bright. We need someone like him to rebuild the country post Brexit, covid and the economic mess that is about to descend on us this year. The clueless chump with the toddlers haircut has done his job but it is now time for the grown ups to take over. I want a leader who understands what the problems are and fixes them, not a performing seal who just plays to the crowds whilstvfeatheting his own nest. I don’t agree about Thatcher. Good leaders unite. If anyone divided this country it was her. It is all very well commanding the dispatch box but when half the country would rather you were dead there is clearly a problem.

He lacks leadership qualities..he's letting Boris get away with bloody murder...even Corbyn would of crucified the useless lying blob.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 1195 viewsPaleRider

Boris: "Cover up the Sue Grey enquiry and you stay in your job, no matter how much your leadership drags down the Met."

Cressida Dick: "OK"

This is how low we, as a nation, have sunk over the last quarter of a century - kick started by the c^nt Blair. We need a root and branch reform of our public services (including the wildly inefficient NHS).
Boris and the "Party" Party on 12:55 - Jan 28 with 1135 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:55 - Jan 28 by PaleRider

Boris: "Cover up the Sue Grey enquiry and you stay in your job, no matter how much your leadership drags down the Met."

Cressida Dick: "OK"

This is how low we, as a nation, have sunk over the last quarter of a century - kick started by the c^nt Blair. We need a root and branch reform of our public services (including the wildly inefficient NHS).

I couldn’t agree more. There was lots of talk about a “reset” when the pandemic was at its height but we seem to becoming more regressive and conservative as a nation. We really need a new and dynamic approach with a kick up the ar se from top to bottom.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 1150 views1885_SFC

Poor old BBC. If it weren't for 'Partygate', they'd have no news items to cover whatsoever - none... zilch... oh, other than the Ruskies impending invasion of Ukraine. The old bint Laura Kuenssberg must be spitting feathers that the report hasn't surfaced yet. She's seething. I can feel her all-things Boris/Tory hatred from here!

Old School is Cool

Boris and the "Party" Party on 14:10 - Jan 28 with 1119 viewsPaleRider

Irony alert: Leader of the House of Commons Jacob Rees-Mogg defends Boris Johnson saying to Channel 4 "very few people" in public life lie.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 14:25 - Jan 28 with 1112 viewsBerber

Boris and the "Party" Party on 22:48 - Jan 27 by DorsetIan

Boris will continue with his bluster but everyone knows he's been lying through his teeth about the parties and many other things, and everyone knows that he doesn't think normal rules apply to him (something which has been known about him since his school days).

And not doing the decent thing and resigning when he should just confirms that he thinks the rules don't apply to him. And people don't like politician who take the piss.

He might ride out this storm and persuade his cowardly MPs not to kick him out, but he's fooling fewer and fewer people in the country and unless he can pull some sort of economic miracle out of the hat to reverse increased prices and reduced living standards, he's prospects don't look good to me.

I'd like to see him out amongst the public at the moment - see what sort of reception he gets.

If the lying is as obvious as you say, the police can interview him under caution (enough to demand resignation in itself according to even the Telegraph) and if there is any evidence whatsoever that he has lied, then he can be done for perjury that is a criminal offence. The police (however much I do not rate them) have to follow procedure on this, which is why they have to take their time and put the blockers on anything that may prejudice their enquiries. By the same token, they have to be pretty sure of their ground before they can interview him under caution. At least they seem to be doing this bit right.

Baying for blood on the facts so far is just petty politics and social media hysteria.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 15:12 - Jan 28 with 1055 viewsSadoldgit

If the police have got this right, why did they take so long before they decided to investigate? The evidence was clearly there before Gray started her investigations so why didn’t they seek it out earlier?
Boris and the "Party" Party on 16:17 - Jan 28 with 1059 viewsDorsetIan

Boris and the "Party" Party on 14:25 - Jan 28 by Berber

If the lying is as obvious as you say, the police can interview him under caution (enough to demand resignation in itself according to even the Telegraph) and if there is any evidence whatsoever that he has lied, then he can be done for perjury that is a criminal offence. The police (however much I do not rate them) have to follow procedure on this, which is why they have to take their time and put the blockers on anything that may prejudice their enquiries. By the same token, they have to be pretty sure of their ground before they can interview him under caution. At least they seem to be doing this bit right.

Baying for blood on the facts so far is just petty politics and social media hysteria.

The lying issue is about lying to Parliament. As I understand it, it's not a criminal offence to lie to Parliament but the 'ministerial code' says that anyone who lies to Parliament should resign.

So perjury has nothing to do with it.

The issue will be if, under caution, he admits to things which has said differently to Parliament. Then he should be toast.

The reason most people are happy to prejudge all this is because he told Parliament that no rules have been broken and that he was shocked to hear that there had been parties. He was then discovered to have attended more than one party.

If you think he was telling the truth about being surprised to hear that there were parties in Downing Street, then might you be a little naive?

Don't forget too that he spend a long time refusing to say anything about parties about from 'I have been assured that no rules were broken'. That was complete flannel. He would still be saying that if it weren't for the videos and photos.

He's been rumbled. He's a wrong 'un. I think it's pretty simple.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris and the "Party" Party on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 927 viewsBerber

Boris and the "Party" Party on 16:17 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

The lying issue is about lying to Parliament. As I understand it, it's not a criminal offence to lie to Parliament but the 'ministerial code' says that anyone who lies to Parliament should resign.

So perjury has nothing to do with it.

The issue will be if, under caution, he admits to things which has said differently to Parliament. Then he should be toast.

The reason most people are happy to prejudge all this is because he told Parliament that no rules have been broken and that he was shocked to hear that there had been parties. He was then discovered to have attended more than one party.

If you think he was telling the truth about being surprised to hear that there were parties in Downing Street, then might you be a little naive?

Don't forget too that he spend a long time refusing to say anything about parties about from 'I have been assured that no rules were broken'. That was complete flannel. He would still be saying that if it weren't for the videos and photos.

He's been rumbled. He's a wrong 'un. I think it's pretty simple.

The problem associated with parliament is "Misleading the House." Liars are not recognised, if we are being picky. At the time, I wonder if anyone actually considered they were attending a "party", or thought it was going to be more social than work. Would they have happened outside of the work aspect? "Party" is a label that has been assigned by the media and the opposition over a year after the events, and the "antis" never refer to the vents in any other fashion. No doubt, if the Gray report doesn't castigate him, the anti Boris brigade will castigate her, probably without reading the report, however circumscribed, or not.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 910 viewsgrumpy

Boris and the "Party" Party on 19:32 - Jan 29 by Berber

The problem associated with parliament is "Misleading the House." Liars are not recognised, if we are being picky. At the time, I wonder if anyone actually considered they were attending a "party", or thought it was going to be more social than work. Would they have happened outside of the work aspect? "Party" is a label that has been assigned by the media and the opposition over a year after the events, and the "antis" never refer to the vents in any other fashion. No doubt, if the Gray report doesn't castigate him, the anti Boris brigade will castigate her, probably without reading the report, however circumscribed, or not.

'Liars are not recognised'

Are you serious.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:36 - Jan 30 with 864 viewsBerber

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:18 - Jan 29 by grumpy

'Liars are not recognised'

Are you serious.

You obviously don't follow the news.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:41 - Jan 30 with 859 viewsBerber

So here is an essay:

It doesn’t take much to think up a whole host of worker groups that had to be part of work bubbles during the various phases of lockdown, police patrols, security crews, paramedic crews, hospital workers, transport organisations, the armed forces, grocery supply and outlet teams. And of course, media, government and civil services.

Take a paramedic crew, or police patrol car crews, working in tandem, day in day out. What happened when they took a tea or meal break when out on duty? Did they suddenly disperse like scalded cats, afraid that suddenly their proximity whilst drinking tea or eating sandwiches would suddenly make them seriously in breach of guidance or the law, or that they could lose their jobs? The same in workplaces throughout the country. Yet the same situation of working proximity allied with social distancing in civil service or government and political locations seems to be beyond the ken of those baying for the PMs sacrificial resignation. Even Starmer has fallen into the trap (er, with me, it was a short break with fellow workers, hard on the campaign trail). Nevertheless, socializing during a much needed break from work.

The sharing of cakes and biscuits during tea or lunch breaks to celebrate fellow workers birthdays is a well established, pervasive and welcome tradition in the British workplace. Other than the procurement and presentation of perhaps luxury biscuits or special cakes for the occasion, nothing else about the breaks is any different. Does anyone seriously believe that none of this happened in those tens or hundreds of thousands of work bubbles throughout the nation during lockdowns? (I know of at least one that took place with a royal establishment security crew).

A normal day involved socially distanced work and social contact at the workplace, every day for some, fewer days for those working part time from home. Or how about the coffee and alcohol “driveway parties” that emerged in hundreds of thousands around the country after the start up of weekly claps for the NHS? Socially distanced yes, but against the regulations? Again, yes, or very tenuously OK at best. I, along with others on here participated in a few. No indignant reporting in the media (on the contrary), no arrests or questioning by the police.

Boris may well be (and probably is) a tw@t, with a lifelong aversion to adhering strictly to any constraints or rules. But as I have said previously, the current furore is both hysterical and hypocritical. And all this without actually knowing all the facts. I despair for adult sensibilities from people who should know better.

PS well done anyone who can honestly claim never to have infringed even once, in the slightest way, the guidelines and laws during the past two years.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:19 - Jan 30 with 815 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:41 - Jan 30 by Berber

So here is an essay:

It doesn’t take much to think up a whole host of worker groups that had to be part of work bubbles during the various phases of lockdown, police patrols, security crews, paramedic crews, hospital workers, transport organisations, the armed forces, grocery supply and outlet teams. And of course, media, government and civil services.

Take a paramedic crew, or police patrol car crews, working in tandem, day in day out. What happened when they took a tea or meal break when out on duty? Did they suddenly disperse like scalded cats, afraid that suddenly their proximity whilst drinking tea or eating sandwiches would suddenly make them seriously in breach of guidance or the law, or that they could lose their jobs? The same in workplaces throughout the country. Yet the same situation of working proximity allied with social distancing in civil service or government and political locations seems to be beyond the ken of those baying for the PMs sacrificial resignation. Even Starmer has fallen into the trap (er, with me, it was a short break with fellow workers, hard on the campaign trail). Nevertheless, socializing during a much needed break from work.

The sharing of cakes and biscuits during tea or lunch breaks to celebrate fellow workers birthdays is a well established, pervasive and welcome tradition in the British workplace. Other than the procurement and presentation of perhaps luxury biscuits or special cakes for the occasion, nothing else about the breaks is any different. Does anyone seriously believe that none of this happened in those tens or hundreds of thousands of work bubbles throughout the nation during lockdowns? (I know of at least one that took place with a royal establishment security crew).

A normal day involved socially distanced work and social contact at the workplace, every day for some, fewer days for those working part time from home. Or how about the coffee and alcohol “driveway parties” that emerged in hundreds of thousands around the country after the start up of weekly claps for the NHS? Socially distanced yes, but against the regulations? Again, yes, or very tenuously OK at best. I, along with others on here participated in a few. No indignant reporting in the media (on the contrary), no arrests or questioning by the police.

Boris may well be (and probably is) a tw@t, with a lifelong aversion to adhering strictly to any constraints or rules. But as I have said previously, the current furore is both hysterical and hypocritical. And all this without actually knowing all the facts. I despair for adult sensibilities from people who should know better.

PS well done anyone who can honestly claim never to have infringed even once, in the slightest way, the guidelines and laws during the past two years.

I don’t think it is a question of ordinary people breaking the rules, it is a question of the people making the rules and not bothering to stick to them, and then lying about it. This the the Prime Minister of the UK we are talking about here, not some bloke from the local. Plenty of people broke the rules and faced the consequences and I am sure more did and got away with it, but they weren’t the PM. Can you imagine if this had come out at the time? How many people would have bothered to follow rules if they knew the PM wasn’t?
Boris and the "Party" Party on 15:12 - Jan 30 with 74 viewskentsouthampton

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet">

https://t.co/Ca08ITB89g"> https://t.co/Ca08ITB89g</a></p>&mdash; Marina Purkiss (@MarinaPurkiss) <a href="

29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src=" https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Boris and the "Party" Party on 17:39 - Jan 30 with 74 viewsgrumpy

So here is an essay:

Thanks for the essay.

Are you suggesting that paramedic crews, police patrol car crews weren't following the rules? Truth is you don't know.
Boris quite clearly set out the rules and clearly hasn't been following them(to be confirmed by Sue Grays report of course)
Boris and his cabinet have been found wanting on so many issues.
The Health Minister, The Foreign Secretary etc etc
Boris is a disaster for this country,hes taken us out of Europe weakening our position in the world.
I believe if he stays he will break up the union.
He keeps going on about how well he has dealt with the virus, well we are still waiting for the results of an enquiry on what happened at the start of it.
We have one of the highest total deaths in the world, highest in Europe when I last looked.
I see we are deploying troops to counter the threat from Russia.
Why are we not throwing our weight behind NATO,EUROPE,USA deploying a few troops here and there will make no difference.
Boris a world leader,hes a clown not a leader.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 74 viewscocklebreath

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:11 - Jan 28 by 1885_SFC

Poor old BBC. If it weren't for 'Partygate', they'd have no news items to cover whatsoever - none... zilch... oh, other than the Ruskies impending invasion of Ukraine. The old bint Laura Kuenssberg must be spitting feathers that the report hasn't surfaced yet. She's seething. I can feel her all-things Boris/Tory hatred from here!

Are you sure? She’s deffo a Tory. Proper bint though, like Cathy bills had her face rearranged by Mason Greenwood

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:07 - Jan 31 with 74 viewsSadoldgit

Finally! The report from Sue Gray has been handed in and Johnson is expected to address Parliament at 3:30 this afternoon.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 19:35 - Jan 31 with 74 viewsJellybaby

So here is an essay:

Haha, well done Sogs and Dorset Ian .

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Boris and the "Party" Party on 07:41 - Feb 1 with 74 viewssaint68

Is this thread blocked or just frozen?

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Boris and the "Party" Party on 07:51 - Feb 1 with 74 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:48 - Jan 28 by saint68

He lacks leadership qualities..he's letting Boris get away with bloody murder...even Corbyn would of crucified the useless lying blob.

He hasn’t let Johnson get away with anything and usually shows him up for the man he is. Sadly Corbyn rarely laid a glove on him which is why the Tories have an 80 seat majority.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 08:01 - Feb 1 with 74 viewsBison

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:19 - Jan 30 by Sadoldgit

I don’t think it is a question of ordinary people breaking the rules, it is a question of the people making the rules and not bothering to stick to them, and then lying about it. This the the Prime Minister of the UK we are talking about here, not some bloke from the local. Plenty of people broke the rules and faced the consequences and I am sure more did and got away with it, but they weren’t the PM. Can you imagine if this had come out at the time? How many people would have bothered to follow rules if they knew the PM wasn’t?

test

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024