Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview 10:35 - Feb 9 with 11879 viewsBAWHoops

The QPR Podcast sat down with Lee Hoos to discuss everything from the stadium, FFP, club structure and more

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/qpr-podcast/id968873601?i=1000598807226

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 17:55 - Feb 9 with 2439 viewsessextaxiboy

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:50 - Feb 9 by stainrods_elbow

Am I missing something here?

OK, so one was sick and one was jet-lagged, but why should we 'laud' QPR staff for occasionally sparing an hour of their time to account for their ineptitude to those who pay their wages?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 16:51]

Because they are human beings as well
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 19:48 - Feb 9 with 2305 viewsGloucs_R

Did he mention anything about the stadium or Hammersmith and City council?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 21:29 - Feb 9 with 2203 viewsHooping_Mad

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:58 - Feb 9 by Northernr

TBF to them, Hoos did his while clearly very poorly, and Ferdinand did mine having come straight from the airport with Andy Belk after a five day trip watching players in Colombia. If you'd just done 10 hours back from Bogota and were on Colombian time, or were on a tenth day of Covid infection, would you want to be spending an hour with me/Finney chucking stuff at you? Ferdinand came to see me before he went home to see his mrs.

This post has been edited by an administrator

So everyone's just going to let the 5 day trip to Bogota slid without a word?

I assume Les supplied his YMCA receipts back under expenses to the rapidly sinking championship club?

Can't wait to see what we gained from that Jolly.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:18 - Feb 9 with 2109 viewsHastings_Hoops

Incredibly frustrating listen… the interviewers rambled faaaaar to much and lost direction. Real easy ride for Hoos I’m afraid.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 2092 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 21:29 - Feb 9 by Hooping_Mad

I assume Les supplied his YMCA receipts back under expenses to the rapidly sinking championship club?

This post needs to be bookmarked 😆

Imagine we had this attitude before we signed Faurlin.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:27]
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 2024 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 19:48 - Feb 9 by Gloucs_R

Did he mention anything about the stadium or Hammersmith and City council?

Basically nothing has happened. So the interviewers quite rightly then question what's happening with Loftus Road and why it's being left in a state of disrepair.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:54 - Feb 9 with 2034 viewsHooping_Mad

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:25 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

This post needs to be bookmarked 😆

Imagine we had this attitude before we signed Faurlin.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:27]

Are you suggesting that Les signed Faurlin?

Work permit for a Columbian?

Last American was Niko who Les did have hand in. Please bookmark it at your pleasure Baz. Christ.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 23:04 - Feb 9 with 2001 viewsHayesender

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 21:29 - Feb 9 by Hooping_Mad

Maybe we're getting Colombian coffee in the bars

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 23:06 - Feb 9 with 2015 viewsnick_hammersmith

Miles wide, sorry
The club needs a cheque for nearly two million written every month and you think that your season ticket is paying his wages!

You might be covering the bill for washing the socks for a month at best!

The catering is outsourced, so the club would make hardly anything if 10,000 people turned up 8 hours early and ate all the pukka pies possible
In fact in that situation the club would probably lose money as they would have to pay OT for all the stewards etc…
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 23:20 - Feb 9 with 1948 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 16:56 - Feb 9 by GaryBannister86

"who pay their wages" - unless the owners were asking the questions, bit of a stretch that.

You know what I mean, surely? LH doesn't get LR, takes the living p*ss out of the fanbase, and the owners should be ashamed he's still on the payroll. That pod was the pits.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 23:25 - Feb 9 with 1947 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

Everyone from Amit downwards was gushing about him!

As you've said before, what do people expect them to say about any new player or manager when they arrive?

From what you say he may have been a bit more circumspect now, as Les was in fact but hey ho!

As you say good that they have come on, but I think people are being a little unreasonable to expect anyone, especially at the moment, to speak for an hour, in both cases whilst not 100% at their best, and them not to agree with something they say.

As Clive as always said, guess what folks WHOEVER was DOF, CEO, Main Owner, Manager you will feel the same.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:26]

Well, if you're right, Clive would be wrong, and so are you. Even Jim Frayling spoke with more passion and relevance in 15 minutes than Hoos has for as long as I can remember. As I've pointed out, some people just don't want to be successful, or to change their mindset, and those people need to be moved out at QPR. If the current owners won't do that, they should sell up to people who will.

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:12 - Feb 10 with 1870 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

Everyone from Amit downwards was gushing about him!

As you've said before, what do people expect them to say about any new player or manager when they arrive?

From what you say he may have been a bit more circumspect now, as Les was in fact but hey ho!

As you say good that they have come on, but I think people are being a little unreasonable to expect anyone, especially at the moment, to speak for an hour, in both cases whilst not 100% at their best, and them not to agree with something they say.

As Clive as always said, guess what folks WHOEVER was DOF, CEO, Main Owner, Manager you will feel the same.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:26]

For some reason, this classic clip from Portlandia reminds me of a podcast I heard today.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 4:14]

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 07:10 - Feb 10 with 1835 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 23:25 - Feb 9 by stainrods_elbow

Well, if you're right, Clive would be wrong, and so are you. Even Jim Frayling spoke with more passion and relevance in 15 minutes than Hoos has for as long as I can remember. As I've pointed out, some people just don't want to be successful, or to change their mindset, and those people need to be moved out at QPR. If the current owners won't do that, they should sell up to people who will.

Roll up, roll up. One football club for sale. Costs you £1.8m every single month just to stand still. £20m training ground still to pay for. Half of a world record FFP fine still to pay for. Right on the FFP line so you can't buy players to make it better and get promoted. Can't sell its antiquated stadium because there's nowhere else for it to go.

Ooooooh hot cakes I'm telling you, they'd be queuing round the block to take it off Ruben's hands.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 07:14 - Feb 10 with 1834 viewsPaddyhoops

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 23:06 - Feb 9 by nick_hammersmith

Miles wide, sorry
The club needs a cheque for nearly two million written every month and you think that your season ticket is paying his wages!

You might be covering the bill for washing the socks for a month at best!

The catering is outsourced, so the club would make hardly anything if 10,000 people turned up 8 hours early and ate all the pukka pies possible
In fact in that situation the club would probably lose money as they would have to pay OT for all the stewards etc…

I’m with you on everything you say there. We’re probably in our rightful position in the league as we stand . We’re in an ageing stadium with poor hospitality and no means of boosting our finances.
No prospect of staying in our current post code and being kept afloat by owners pumping 10 million a year into the club.
As a club we could all be doing better, certainly the players and coaching staff, certainly Hoos and Ferdinand. As sure as night follows day these players, coaches and administrators will leave or be sacked. We will still be here , the 756 will be questioning thier sanity of travelling to Glourious Middelesboro and facing certain defeat.
We can all shout a bit louder on Saturday and god knows that’s hard when we’ve seen one goal from open play at the loft end.
I’m renewing my season for next season regardless of results. It’s non negotiable.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 07:23 - Feb 10 with 1820 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 22:54 - Feb 9 by Hooping_Mad

Last American was Niko who Les did have hand in. Please bookmark it at your pleasure Baz. Christ.

I think Colombia is one of those places that scores weirdly well on our new Brexit points system because of the strength of its international team. When we interviewed Andy Belk he said some European markets that had been fertile ground for Championship clubs - Denmark, German second division, Poland - were now more difficult, but it had opened up some South American markets. Another Championship club signed a Colombian from Colombia on deadline and I'm trying to remember who it was.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 08:48 - Feb 10 with 1713 viewsAd99

Agree totally with the sentiment of your post here [about 'rolling up to buy the club'] but, being devil's advocate for a moment, it is worth remembering the misplaced investment, the FFP fine and the lack of progression compared to neighbouring clubs is also the fault of the ownership's own mess/malaise.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 8:49]
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 08:54 - Feb 10 with 1704 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 08:48 - Feb 10 by Ad99

Agree totally with the sentiment of your post here [about 'rolling up to buy the club'] but, being devil's advocate for a moment, it is worth remembering the misplaced investment, the FFP fine and the lack of progression compared to neighbouring clubs is also the fault of the ownership's own mess/malaise.

No disagreement there.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 08:59 - Feb 10 with 1687 viewsconnell10

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 08:48 - Feb 10 by Ad99

Nail on head mate, when you get moderate posters on here like dave B and i asking questions of the people in charge you know you got problems!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 09:01 - Feb 10 with 1678 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Re read my post. Cannot see anywhere that I’ve suggested Les signed Faurlin.

Work permits for Colombians are doable. Easier than a lot of Europeans in most cases. Estupinan (Hull) and Lerma (Bournemouth) recent cases.

We need to look further than Margate for signings. If he didn’t go, you would be attacking him for that no doubt.

Les also didn’t sign Niko, not that it makes a difference.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 10:14]
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 09:26 - Feb 10 with 1622 viewsQPROslo

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 15:16 - Feb 9 by BAWHoops

I think it was an interesting interview (and apologies if the questions we asked weren't to everyone's liking. We tried to cover lots).

What I found most interesting was that Lee perked up when he got to talk about the football side of the club. Was keen to extoll the virtues of our players who are all 'lovely guys' apparently. Whilst that's all good and well he is the CEO and it's not really his job to comment on individual performances and get involved with the stuff on the field.
As far as I was concerned his remit is the day to day running of the club and the product we are putting out there.
That was why we spent a long time talking about the stadium, because that's our shop window... our house... and he is the man we need to ask to fix it.

Charlie made the best point at the end (not hard when it's me and Finney non stop talking!) which is that the whole thing is directionless at the moment. The club is nothing, it's not a community hub, not an up and coming force, not innovative....nothing.
That worries me far more than results on the field.

Also listening back today I'm annoyed I didn't pull him up on his excuse for lack of half time entertainment... he wants to preserve the pitch . Because 22 blokes running and sliding around is really going to be affected by fat Barry from the loft slipping on his arse for our amusement.

As I said on the interview though... he came and stood up to be counted so fair play to him.
He also was ill and had a bad cough

I tried to listen to that as I was Interested in hearing any news from Hoos first hand. First thing that put me off was that it was 1.5 hours long.... But I gave it a go, but after about 20 minutes got to say about all I'd heard were long winded comments /guestions? from the interviewers, and very little back from Hoos. I wasn't sure whether like me he really got what the question was. Living overseas the bad upkeep or not of the ground was nothing new, or of the greatest interest. Where we are with the financials and P&S would have been.
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 09:48 - Feb 10 with 1580 viewsdaveB

whole thing is also on you tube

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 10:00 - Feb 10 with 1551 viewsrobith

Yeah agreed mate, I never cross the road any more cos I heard there was a car crash once.

Plenty to criticise Les about without getting madly indignant about him and our head of recruitment going scouting, isn't there? Makes you look a tad unhinged doesn't it
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 10:52 - Feb 10 with 1470 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview (n/t) on 17:43 - Feb 9 by daveB

I don't expect him to say the complete opposite, you can't say well i could see something was wrong at Luton when we all heard from him at the time saying very different things. Ferdinand was a lot more measured in clearly being angry about Beale going but able to say he was doing quite well.

I think he's did a good job of helping get the budget under control to a point but we're still losing a lot of money and he appears to have no interest at all in doing anything to get more people through the door.

Well I agree Ferdinand was a lot more measured (That's what i said already!)but he's a different person!

Its unlike you to be picking over every word they say.

That way lies madness - you're never going to agree with everything when anyone speaks for an hour!
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 10:55 - Feb 10 with 1464 viewsJamesB1979

I thought the questions from the guys were excellent. Charlie is brilliant in my view. We got some great qpr fans doing things like podcasts, fan sites etc.
Completely agree with view that he sounded defeated
Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 12:06 - Feb 10 with 1374 viewsMonkey_Roots

Lee Hoos - Podcast Interview on 09:26 - Feb 10 by QPROslo

I tried to listen to that as I was Interested in hearing any news from Hoos first hand. First thing that put me off was that it was 1.5 hours long.... But I gave it a go, but after about 20 minutes got to say about all I'd heard were long winded comments /guestions? from the interviewers, and very little back from Hoos. I wasn't sure whether like me he really got what the question was. Living overseas the bad upkeep or not of the ground was nothing new, or of the greatest interest. Where we are with the financials and P&S would have been.

Yeah I agree - Rob (I think) kept banging on about a free pie, and then his statements/questions went in so many different directions I couldn't keep up with the original point he was trying to make.

Rob's passion comes through, so that's fantastic, but it was a tough listen in places.

I'm not sure LH came across as well as LF did in his interview, but then that might be to do with the interviewer... (Clive, did I say it the way you wanted me to?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024