Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saudi League 08:03 - Jul 20 with 1836 viewsHeisenberg

Interesting to see how many of the knee taking rainbow sock wearing brigade will be off to play in Saudi.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saudi League on 08:06 - Jul 20 with 1831 viewssaint22

Money talks
Saudi League on 14:10 - Jul 20 with 1660 viewssolent_toffee

Saudi League on 08:06 - Jul 20 by saint22

Money talks

Jordan Hendersons principals seem to have been bought for 400k a week.
Saudi League on 14:49 - Jul 20 with 1641 viewsLondonSaint76

Saudi League on 08:06 - Jul 20 by saint22

Money talks

I am just beginning to wonder what this Saudi League is going to end up becoming in the long term. When the first trickle of players went out there I didn’t really think anything of it but I think the relative success of the World Cup in Nov/Dec has motivated the Saudi League to push forwards with a lot more confidence as it has ignited interest in the region. Whereas in the early days it was just the odd player here and there I would suggest that it is already getting to the stage where players who could still do a useful job in English football are being spirited away by the lure of the mega dosh being offered - Henderson being a good example. As it stands now, it is not just players well into their 30’s being targeted it is players aged 28 & 29 upwards. If this gathers further momentum I could see it becoming a problem even for the lesser funded PL Clubs let alone Championship Clubs who historically make good use of quality experienced players with something tangible still left to give once the ultra elite deem them to be not worth another big payday.
Could easily get shot down in flames for this but I just wonder where it will end up if this Saudi League start to aquire larger and larger volumes of better quality players due to the almost unlimited money they seem to have available to offer - until the oil runs out of course…
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 14:55]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Saudi League on 16:55 - Jul 20 with 1559 viewsSouthamptonfan

Oh yes, he (Henderson) wears the rainbows laces, he takes the knee but as soon as a load of cash is waved in front of him, his morals desert him. Well that's why the campaigns are all false and arn't real. The players doing it arn't sincere and it's a waste of time. Tick, tick the box, pretend, pretend, pretend.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 16:57]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saudi League on 18:02 - Jul 20 with 1504 viewsdirk_doone

Saudi League on 16:55 - Jul 20 by Southamptonfan

Oh yes, he (Henderson) wears the rainbows laces, he takes the knee but as soon as a load of cash is waved in front of him, his morals desert him. Well that's why the campaigns are all false and arn't real. The players doing it arn't sincere and it's a waste of time. Tick, tick the box, pretend, pretend, pretend.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 16:57]

"Oh yes, he wears the rainbows laces..."

The song 'My Old Man's a Dustman' springs to mind:

"He wears cor blimey trousers...."

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saudi League on 18:42 - Jul 20 with 1478 viewsBerber

Well of course it does, the big money is the only real attraction. Same reason so many foreign players come to the PL. No better, no worse. But that doesn’t mean players are unprincipled. There are tens of thousands of UK workers of all trades and professions who may not agree with ME cultural values, but have nonetheless made a lot of money working there.9
Saudi League on 19:17 - Jul 20 with 1457 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saudi League on 18:42 - Jul 20 by Berber

Well of course it does, the big money is the only real attraction. Same reason so many foreign players come to the PL. No better, no worse. But that doesn’t mean players are unprincipled. There are tens of thousands of UK workers of all trades and professions who may not agree with ME cultural values, but have nonetheless made a lot of money working there.9

Gay people are put to death in Saudi Arabia or at least have their limbs cut off. And Henderson is a big advocate for gay rights? Going to a country where gay people are murdered? Let's see if he speaks up for gay people and wears the rainbow laces whilst he's there. That is what would be genuinely principled. It's like me standing outside McDonalds with don't eat meat placards, then walking into the nearest steakhouse because I was given a free voucher.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:19]

Saudi League on 19:30 - Jul 20 with 1439 views1885_SFC

Saudi League on 19:17 - Jul 20 by Southamptonfan

Gay people are put to death in Saudi Arabia or at least have their limbs cut off. And Henderson is a big advocate for gay rights? Going to a country where gay people are murdered? Let's see if he speaks up for gay people and wears the rainbow laces whilst he's there. That is what would be genuinely principled. It's like me standing outside McDonalds with don't eat meat placards, then walking into the nearest steakhouse because I was given a free voucher.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:19]

Cue a couple of months into the season and an interview on BBC Football Focus Saturday morning with Henderson preaching how he decided to go to Saudi to 'educate the Saudi FA and Saudi fans that football is a global sport, inclusive of everyone, and that he's trying to spread the word that your sexuality shouldn't matter when it comes to football - and it was never, ever about the money'.

WAC

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Saudi League on 20:15 - Jul 20 with 1418 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saudi League on 19:30 - Jul 20 by 1885_SFC

Cue a couple of months into the season and an interview on BBC Football Focus Saturday morning with Henderson preaching how he decided to go to Saudi to 'educate the Saudi FA and Saudi fans that football is a global sport, inclusive of everyone, and that he's trying to spread the word that your sexuality shouldn't matter when it comes to football - and it was never, ever about the money'.

WAC

Spot on. Bit like when Beckham went to the world cup.

Saudi League on 06:40 - Jul 21 with 1296 viewssolent_toffee

Saudi League on 19:30 - Jul 20 by 1885_SFC

WAC

Haha, you’ve pretty much wrote word for word what the Liverpool (FC) Echo wrote a few days ago, saying that Henderson would use his influence to change attitudes from within.

In a parallel universe, had Seamus Coleman joined a club in the Middle East, the headline of the Echo would read “Ex Everton captain orders gays to be castrated following greedy bastard move to the Middle East”.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024