Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin 14:26 - Sep 2 with 2544 viewsHeisenberg

Sorry but the buck stops with the manager. With this squad there is no way we should be putting in a performance like that. The first goal was school kid stuff. Unless the players ignored his instructions it seems defending is not something he likes to do. With the players available setting up a team that defends well and can attack at the same time should be relatively straightforward. Second time in 5 games we have conceded 4 goals. All points to RM I’m afraid.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Russell Martin on 14:30 - Sep 2 with 2515 viewsI_would

Well, 71% possession equals minus 5 goals, therefore majority of possession is pointless. Just like RM, with possession priority, pointless, and another stubborn favourite-loving loser manager choice.

The starting eleven was destined for a loss, everyone knew that except for stubborn RM. Useless coont I'm afraid.

Bottom half beckons.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 14:30]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Russell Martin on 14:34 - Sep 2 with 2473 viewsHeisenberg

Martin is a disciple of Guardiola. Man City dominate possession every game but when they lose the ball they get it back quickly and start again. We lost the ball today and suddenly we were wide open at the back. Next few games are crucial. More performances like that and he can do one.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Russell Martin on 14:37 - Sep 2 with 2461 views1885_SFC

That defeat was on the gaffer today. Dreadful team selection. Awful tactics/game plan. Makes you wonder if the management team did any homework on Sunderland at all???

Hang your head in shame Russell Martin. That was shocking.

Old School is Cool

Russell Martin on 14:40 - Sep 2 with 2435 viewsI_would

Russell Martin on 14:34 - Sep 2 by Heisenberg

Martin is a disciple of Guardiola. Man City dominate possession every game but when they lose the ball they get it back quickly and start again. We lost the ball today and suddenly we were wide open at the back. Next few games are crucial. More performances like that and he can do one.

Can't he just do one now? Tea lady probably has some sound ideas.

He didn't have a clue today, more worried about checking his hair was tight behind his ears. Stubborn arrogant coont

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Russell Martin on 14:48 - Sep 2 with 2357 viewscocklebreath

Agreed that was down to Russ, needs to sort it out in time for Leicester, not panicking but that was shocking

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Russell Martin on 15:39 - Sep 2 with 2231 viewsGRIM

Russell Martin on 14:40 - Sep 2 by I_would

He didn't have a clue today, more worried about checking his hair was tight behind his ears. Stubborn arrogant coont

What a shambles.
No shape, no discipline, no passion, no idea.
I'm afraid there's no excuse for performances like this.
RM has to take blame for this embarrassing performance.
Beaten 5-0 by a very, very average Sunderland side is as bad as it gets.
We need to get back to basics & stop trying to play this possession style or we'll be in freefall.
Russell Martin on 15:39 - Sep 2 with 2230 viewsRon11

Russell Martin on 14:40 - Sep 2 by I_would

Yes, it looks like we have another stubborn arrogant coont.
All the signs were there v Norwich and Gillingham and now it's up there in neon lights.

Tony Mobray did a proper job.
Russell Martin on 15:49 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewskentsouthampton

Russell Martin on 15:39 - Sep 2 by Ron11

Yes, it looks like we have another stubborn arrogant coont.
All the signs were there v Norwich and Gillingham and now it's up there in neon lights.

Tony Mobray did a proper job.

Now that they have worked us out they will all do a proper job, especially as he has no plan B.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin on 15:58 - Sep 2 with 2174 viewsdirk_doone

Russell Martin on 15:49 - Sep 2 by kentsouthampton

Now that they have worked us out they will all do a proper job, especially as he has no plan B.

Get with the programme. It's not the results that count but the passing stats. If it had been based only on his results at MK Dons and Swansea, he'd never have been appointed in the first place. Didn't his MK Dons team beat some all-time passing record in a defeat to Gilllingham? That's what got him here.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Russell Martin on 16:21 - Sep 2 with 2118 viewsGRIM

If RM thinks Ryan Manning is an excellent Championship player then I personally would question his judgement.
Ryan Manning is very poor, he has no pace, he always out of position & gives the ball away cheaply.
He is not a patch on Perraud who we have just let go.
But KWP is not much better this season, I would question KWP's attitude, he's only interested in going forward & tries to do too much on the ball.
With no commanding Centre back were always going to concede goals.
Disgusting on the 1st goal today the because Edozie was left stranded as last man & he's not a defender.
Bazuna is a liability, keeps parrying the ball back into play & getting beaten from distance, shouldn't happen.
This result was always going to happen , although we've picked up 10 points previous we look as though we're going to concede every time the opposition get in our half.
Russell Martin on 17:19 - Sep 2 with 2019 viewsSonicBoom

Have to say I thought it was down to the manager today. The starting line up looked dodgy and so it proved. Left out several that have played well. Smallbone straight back after injury, Holgate straight in the side despite very little football , and Mara on the right despite not having done anything to justify a starting place.
Looked like arrogance that we thought we'd win. Well we certainly got taught a lesson. I just hope he learns from it.
That was as bad a performance as I can remember.
Russell Martin on 18:37 - Sep 2 with 1896 viewsgrumpy

The loss today must be put down to Martin
Poor team selection
Tactics
Motivation etc
Fraser was great last game,why not start him?
Alcaraz is one of our most talented players ,left on the bench till 82min.
Charles is a talent give him some consistency.
No idea what hes doing with Adams.
The defence was appalling.
Martin is happy with the goalkeepers is he? 6 games,15 goals conceded.
Why do we keep employing these poor managers?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 18:43]
Russell Martin on 19:05 - Sep 2 with 1853 viewsPatfromPoole

Russell Martin on 16:21 - Sep 2 by GRIM

If RM thinks Ryan Manning is an excellent Championship player then I personally would question his judgement.
Ryan Manning is very poor, he has no pace, he always out of position & gives the ball away cheaply.
He is not a patch on Perraud who we have just let go.
But KWP is not much better this season, I would question KWP's attitude, he's only interested in going forward & tries to do too much on the ball.
With no commanding Centre back were always going to concede goals.
Disgusting on the 1st goal today the because Edozie was left stranded as last man & he's not a defender.
Bazuna is a liability, keeps parrying the ball back into play & getting beaten from distance, shouldn't happen.
This result was always going to happen , although we've picked up 10 points previous we look as though we're going to concede every time the opposition get in our half.

Was totally spooked by the change in the 2nd half to put KWP at left-back and Manning at CB.

That was beyond surreal.

Every time Sunderland attacked, I thought they would score. We are so vulnerable at the back.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Russell Martin on 19:08 - Sep 2 with 1835 viewssaint22

Russell Martin on 19:05 - Sep 2 by PatfromPoole

Was totally spooked by the change in the 2nd half to put KWP at left-back and Manning at CB.

That was beyond surreal.

Every time Sunderland attacked, I thought they would score. We are so vulnerable at the back.

Another clueless manager playing players out of position as a solution!?
Ffs
Russell Martin on 20:05 - Sep 2 with 1754 viewsGRIM

Russell Martin on 19:05 - Sep 2 by PatfromPoole

That was beyond surreal.

Agreed.
What was that all about, moving Ryan Manning to left side Ctr Back with KWP virtually playing left midfield & Che Charles Right full back.
Ridiculous.
Our two best players Adams & Alcarez on the bench.
It didn't take me long to lose faith in this Manager.
Why don't we just do as other clubs & employ experienced proven Managers.
Russell Martin on 20:16 - Sep 2 with 1736 viewsgrumpy

Russell Martin on 20:05 - Sep 2 by GRIM

Agreed.
What was that all about, moving Ryan Manning to left side Ctr Back with KWP virtually playing left midfield & Che Charles Right full back.
Ridiculous.
Our two best players Adams & Alcarez on the bench.
It didn't take me long to lose faith in this Manager.
Why don't we just do as other clubs & employ experienced proven Managers.

I had bubble of optimism after the transfer window then along came Martin with big pin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024