Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? 09:43 - Sep 25 with 1699 viewssaints__fan__73

I genuinely think you've lost the plot. I fully understand that the club fully bought you for life when they got rid of Cortese but the stuff you are coming out with now is just mental.

You claimed this morning that the club 'was almost bankrupted in 2014'.

Is this the year in which we turned a profit of over £30m?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9782880/southampton-post-33-4m-pro

I look forward to how you will describe our accounts for last year when our losses will be over £100m.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 13:32 - Sep 25 with 1514 viewsSaintNick

Have you read the accounts ?

"The results show a profit before interest and tax of £29m (2013: Loss of £4.7m) largely as a consequence of player trading.

In addition the shareholder has further demonstrated her ongoing financial support by injecting further loans of £20m after the balance sheet date.

So if we look deeper we find that Katherina Liebherr had to put in a loan of £20 million and the player trading was down to the sale of Rickie Lambert and Luke Shaw both in this account year.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:01 - Sep 25 with 1490 viewsPatfromPoole

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 13:32 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

"The results show a profit before interest and tax of £29m (2013: Loss of £4.7m) largely as a consequence of player trading.

In addition the shareholder has further demonstrated her ongoing financial support by injecting further loans of £20m after the balance sheet date.

So if we look deeper we find that Katherina Liebherr had to put in a loan of £20 million and the player trading was down to the sale of Rickie Lambert and Luke Shaw both in this account year.

I think the injection of cash was due to Cortese going a bit mad with the training ground project, wasn’t it?

I note the inclusion in the Strategic Report of the 2013 accounts that the cost was expected to exceed £38 million 😳😳

I think I read recently that Sunderland built the Stadium of Light for about £15 million…..
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 14:02]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:08 - Sep 25 with 1479 viewssaints__fan__73

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 13:32 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

But in a far better financial state than we have been in any year since, yes? (when we have been taking out loans of £70m+ every year) and for last year when we will be posting a loss of something approaching £100m and not the £30m profit from 2014.

In any case, to say we were near bankruptcy in 2014 is laughably absurd.

I also note from that article that we were in 6th place in the PL at the time of writing, 4 points off of a CL place... But what a terrible time that was for you eh Nick?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:14 - Sep 25 with 1470 viewssaints__fan__73

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:01 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

I think the injection of cash was due to Cortese going a bit mad with the training ground project, wasn’t it?

I note the inclusion in the Strategic Report of the 2013 accounts that the cost was expected to exceed £38 million 😳😳

I think I read recently that Sunderland built the Stadium of Light for about £15 million…..
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 14:02]

And it cost Spurs £1bn for their new ground.

Amazing to think Lowe was able to build SMS for £30m. :)

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:56 - Sep 25 with 1416 viewsSaintNick

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:08 - Sep 25 by saints__fan__73

But in a far better financial state than we have been in any year since, yes? (when we have been taking out loans of £70m+ every year) and for last year when we will be posting a loss of something approaching £100m and not the £30m profit from 2014.

In any case, to say we were near bankruptcy in 2014 is laughably absurd.

I also note from that article that we were in 6th place in the PL at the time of writing, 4 points off of a CL place... But what a terrible time that was for you eh Nick?

I think you will find that at the time of writing (02/2015) of the report Cortese had been gone for 12 months and we were in a far better position ie 6th in Feb 2015, than when he had left us a year earlier, when we sat in 9th place, 12 points off a Champions League place.

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:06 - Sep 25 with 1405 viewssaints__fan__73

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 14:56 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

I think you will find that at the time of writing (02/2015) of the report Cortese had been gone for 12 months and we were in a far better position ie 6th in Feb 2015, than when he had left us a year earlier, when we sat in 9th place, 12 points off a Champions League place.

It all seems a world away from where we see ourselves now though, yes?

I look forward to your forensic financial analysis when our financial reports from last year's car crash are released.

It always makes me chuckle that the only time you have been able to give out any real criticism towards those running the club was the period when we were getting promoted from L1 to the top half of the PL.

Looks like we'll soon be back in L1 though...

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:13 - Sep 25 with 1393 viewsSaintNick

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:06 - Sep 25 by saints__fan__73

It all seems a world away from where we see ourselves now though, yes?

I look forward to your forensic financial analysis when our financial reports from last year's car crash are released.

It always makes me chuckle that the only time you have been able to give out any real criticism towards those running the club was the period when we were getting promoted from L1 to the top half of the PL.

Looks like we'll soon be back in L1 though...

Just basing how well a club is run on it's league position is folly, just look at Pompey for instance in the period of 2007-2011.

I have criticised those running the club when it has been needed and more to the point when I can see a better alternative.

The last 9 years have for some been a case of wishing for what we havent got and thinking the grass is always greener on the other side

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:19 - Sep 25 with 1378 viewssaints__fan__73

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:13 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

Just basing how well a club is run on it's league position is folly, just look at Pompey for instance in the period of 2007-2011.

I have criticised those running the club when it has been needed and more to the point when I can see a better alternative.

The last 9 years have for some been a case of wishing for what we havent got and thinking the grass is always greener on the other side

Again that makes zero sense. Our financial accounts for every season we were in the top half of the table showed us running at a profit.

Every year since the decline started we have been running at ever an increasing loss culminating in last season where we had the staggering net spend of £160m to finish dead last.

Your criticism was needed during the steady decline the past seasons but it was nowhere to be seen as you could not bear to say anything bad about the club as it had got rid of the nasty man you didn't like.

Pathetic.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:26 - Sep 25 with 1367 viewsPatfromPoole

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:19 - Sep 25 by saints__fan__73

Again that makes zero sense. Our financial accounts for every season we were in the top half of the table showed us running at a profit.

Every year since the decline started we have been running at ever an increasing loss culminating in last season where we had the staggering net spend of £160m to finish dead last.

Your criticism was needed during the steady decline the past seasons but it was nowhere to be seen as you could not bear to say anything bad about the club as it had got rid of the nasty man you didn't like.

Pathetic.

It pains me to think we spent circa £40 million on a training ground which now enables us to do training drills involving thousands of two-yard passes and not much else.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:41 - Sep 25 with 1351 viewsButty101

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:13 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

At least Pompey won something in that time. I think most of would accept a stint in L1 had we won a fa cup. Just pointlessly existing for the last few years before dropping is so saints

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:42 - Sep 25 with 1352 viewsChesham_Saint

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:26 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

It pains me to think we spent circa £40 million on a training ground which now enables us to do training drills involving thousands of two-yard passes and not much else.

As I’ve said before, I pass West Ham’s training ground almost daily - and it’s a dump compared to ours. The fact we’re wasting our top end facility on this plank is really galling.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:52 - Sep 25 with 1333 viewssaints__fan__73

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:26 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

What's £40m to a club who spent that on the transfer fee and wages of club legend 'Tall' Paul.

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:57 - Sep 25 with 1328 viewsSaintNick

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:41 - Sep 25 by Butty101

At least Pompey won something in that time. I think most of would accept a stint in L1 had we won a fa cup. Just pointlessly existing for the last few years before dropping is so saints

So you would be happy to see the club asset stripped and on the point of liquidation in the high court followed by a minimum of over a dozen seasons in League one & two , just for one FA Cup win.

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 16:09 - Sep 25 with 1303 viewsButty101

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 15:57 - Sep 25 by SaintNick

So you would be happy to see the club asset stripped and on the point of liquidation in the high court followed by a minimum of over a dozen seasons in League one & two , just for one FA Cup win.

Yeah I would. At least we would have something to show for our efforts .

Saints like many teams just pointless clung on in the premiership before the inevitable drop.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 16:50 - Sep 25 with 1259 viewssaints__fan__73

Why not? It's not as if they ceased to exist.

There's a good chance that they will be in a higher division than us next season.

And they still have the FA Cup win to their name.

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 23:52 - Sep 25 with 1007 viewsericofarabia

Not to mention local businesses and charities not being paid plus hundreds of 1000's, if not millions, of unpaid taxes which as far as I am aware were never paid. If you or I didnt pay our taxes, yet had assets, I dont think we would be so lucky.
I think Eastleigh and Southampton Uni took big hits for use of their pitches etc being used for training, as the skates spent all their Promotion & Cup win money on players wages that they couldn't really afford, rather than infrastructure at Fortress Fatpipes and Training facilities etc
They avoided being shutdown by paying for slimy lawyers to find sneaky loopholes.

Sorry but my moral compass would not accept that sort of behavior and knowledge that local tradesmen and companies lost their livelihoods, charities deprived of revenue to fund an FACup win.
FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 07:55 - Sep 26 with 889 viewssaintsfanbrock

FAO: Nick. Are you just making stuff up now? on 23:52 - Sep 25 by ericofarabia

Not to mention local businesses and charities not being paid plus hundreds of 1000's, if not millions, of unpaid taxes which as far as I am aware were never paid. If you or I didnt pay our taxes, yet had assets, I dont think we would be so lucky.
I think Eastleigh and Southampton Uni took big hits for use of their pitches etc being used for training, as the skates spent all their Promotion & Cup win money on players wages that they couldn't really afford, rather than infrastructure at Fortress Fatpipes and Training facilities etc
They avoided being shutdown by paying for slimy lawyers to find sneaky loopholes.

Sorry but my moral compass would not accept that sort of behavior and knowledge that local tradesmen and companies lost their livelihoods, charities deprived of revenue to fund an FACup win.

It was actually King Edward’s School that they owed money for training pitches, technically a charity but not really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024