Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? 19:33 - Jan 28 with 1347 viewssaintmark1976

Reasons to be positive:-

1. Not the best display in the world but it keeps the unbeaten run going ahead of our game at Rotherham on Saturday.

2. The club benefits financially from 45% of the gate money from the replay and all of the profit from sales on the day including hospitality, food and drink in the concourse and sales in the club shop.

3. If we progress against Watford in the replay we go to Liverpool for a further 45% of the gate money. In addition if the game is televised there is further income from the broadcasters.

Seriously, from a business ( which after all the club is ) perspective what’s not to like compared to being dumped out of the competition today ?

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 09:50 - Jan 29 with 926 viewsBarnetSaint

Well said..
I still have hopes for Tyler D and game time can only do him good.
And if we can win the reply, play our best team at the shrine of klopp and see how we do
Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 09:55 - Jan 29 with 927 viewsSaintNick

You are right, we are using it in the right way, resting first choice players and giving squad players the chance to show what they can do, financially you are right it gives us money, not just from the gate money etc, but also from the prize fund, we got £105,000 for winning in the third round and if we beat Watford we will get £120,000, if by some miracle we got to the semi final, then we would total just under a million in prize money, and we would double that if we won.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 10:00 - Jan 29 with 922 viewssaints__fan__73

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 09:55 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

You are right, we are using it in the right way, resting first choice players and giving squad players the chance to show what they can do, financially you are right it gives us money, not just from the gate money etc, but also from the prize fund, we got £105,000 for winning in the third round and if we beat Watford we will get £120,000, if by some miracle we got to the semi final, then we would total just under a million in prize money, and we would double that if we won.

Wow!

A whole £2m if we win it. So kinda irrelevant in financial terms in comparison with promotion, yes?

Still I would imagine you are desperate for a replay win so you can return home with your half and half scarf? Will you be doing 45mins in the home end and 45 in the away end as per? :)

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 900 viewsSaintNick

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 10:00 - Jan 29 by saints__fan__73

Wow!

A whole £2m if we win it. So kinda irrelevant in financial terms in comparison with promotion, yes?

Still I would imagine you are desperate for a replay win so you can return home with your half and half scarf? Will you be doing 45mins in the home end and 45 in the away end as per? :)

Did I say it is a wow factor.

Would I be right in saying that would be 45 mins in the away end more than your good self

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 10:46 - Jan 29 with 878 viewsstmichael

That’s prize money.
I’m pretty sure Nick explained the financial benefits of gate receipts and television money which would probably go a long way to paying for Michael Benson for a few months.
Most players got a rest yesterday and the well being of the squad players depends on cup matches otherwise they get fed up with training all week and nothing at the end of it.
This affects the moral of the whole squad and the atmosphere in training..
Delighted with the late goal and still being in the cup and from the reaction I’d say the players are too…

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 11:08 - Jan 29 with 862 viewsBridders2

I didn't see the game because it clashed with my nippers' football, but how did Tyler Dibling get on ? His dad coaches my son's team.
Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 849 viewsSaintNick

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 11:08 - Jan 29 by Bridders2

I didn't see the game because it clashed with my nippers' football, but how did Tyler Dibling get on ? His dad coaches my son's team.

Didn't get into the game as much as was hoped, but that was down to the fact that we weren't getting the ball to him

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 842 viewssaints__fan__73

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 10:16 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

Did I say it is a wow factor.

Would I be right in saying that would be 45 mins in the away end more than your good self

Oh god, yes. Why would anyone ever voluntarily enter Scouseland?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Why so much negativity about our draw at Watford today? on 15:18 - Jan 29 with 709 viewsTimSaint

The negativity was probably because it was the worst 1st half performance from a Saints side in at least 22 games !! :-)

RM making 9 changes didn't help matters, as the last time we made that many was away to Gillingham and we all know what happened there. We all expected changes, but 9 was too many.

The first half was littered with errors from the off. Silly, unnecessary fouls, no wall for the free kick, giving the ball away on the edge of our own box, so many misplaced passes, choosing not to shoot, creating virtually nothing, no battling back when losing the ball, no urgency and playing like they had never met before.

With just a couple of other first team players in the starting line up, we would have won at a canter - as demonstrated when the cavalry came on.

4,000 fans made the effort to go and support the team, so it was a shame that many of the players didn't show up until the 2nd half changes were made.

There was lots of negativity where we were, especially with the goal, Mara doing little to convince and Holgate's errors, but that seemed to be mainly because the players didn't show any fight to get back into the game, after we had fallen behind.

Once the changes were made and we were in the ascendency, our fans definitely changed and really got behind the team and we could even have won it.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024