Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About BIrmingham 21:49 - Mar 3 with 1633 viewsSaintNick

1. Birmingham City centre has some great pubs, but they are expensive, all of the ones I went in where £6.50 -£7 a pint for Premium lager, which in Southampton is about £5.50 a pint.

2. Saints fans were superb apart from a spell after their equaliser, prompting a small section of Saints fans to sing "we only sing when we're winning.

3. St Andrews is a bit out of town, about 1 1/2 miles walk or so, apart from a train station about 3/4 a mile.

4. Can't see why Birmingham didn't give us a bigger allocation, there were about 7,000 empty seats

5. The trains between Southampton & London are stuffed, always something to cause delays,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About BIrmingham on 23:01 - Mar 3 with 1535 viewsPatfromPoole

I was baffled as to why Birmingham had a full house against Sunderland a couple of weeks ago, but a much smaller crowd yesterday.

There is talk from some of Birmingham being a giant in waiting; they didn’t look it yesterday.

They may well spend big in the summer, mind. Watch out for them next season.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About BIrmingham on 23:13 - Mar 3 with 1522 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About BIrmingham on 23:01 - Mar 3 by PatfromPoole

I was baffled as to why Birmingham had a full house against Sunderland a couple of weeks ago, but a much smaller crowd yesterday.

There is talk from some of Birmingham being a giant in waiting; they didn’t look it yesterday.

They may well spend big in the summer, mind. Watch out for them next season.

Strange attendance that one, the previous game to that was 18,000, I think we are just about the 2nd highest attendance after Sunderland

5 Things About BIrmingham on 23:24 - Mar 3 with 1522 viewsSouthamptonfan

The Saints fans were brilliant and we all love a last minute winner. Hugs with randoms and so much joy.

The queues for drinks and food was ridiculous. The staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. The seats and concourses were tight. Anyone get hit with the random objects being thrown down from the upper tier?

Agree about the allocation. It was empty in the blocks right next to us. Why would they miss out on extra money? As for the Sunderland game, a Brum fan told me that Birmingham made Saints a top rate game, A plus or whatever, and many fans refused to pay the high prices for the Saints game when Sunderland was a lower / cheaper category.

They are loud when they sing Journey On. They are loud passionate fans but doing so badly in the league, it affects their support.

Great day out. Went with Nicks Away Travel. Got home just after 8, great journey there and back.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About BIrmingham on 07:33 - Mar 4 with 1356 viewsSalisburySaint

1. Much cheaper in Wellington, a quality pub, mind you we drink real ale and cider

2. Support was excellent, mind you loads more old school lads there

3. Got train from Snow Hill to Bordeley £1.90 return (6mins), then 10 min walk to ground

4. Should have been given more tickets, and Sunderland crowd was only so high as they were virtually giving away tickets

5. Cross Country trains far worse, standing throughout the trains from Basingstoke to Brum both ways, 19.03 back cancelled too
[Post edited 4 Mar 7:34]
5 Things About BIrmingham on 08:20 - Mar 4 with 1267 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About BIrmingham on 07:33 - Mar 4 by SalisburySaint

1. Much cheaper in Wellington, a quality pub, mind you we drink real ale and cider

3. Got train from Snow Hill to Bordeley £1.90 return (6mins), then 10 min walk to ground

4. Should have been given more tickets, and Sunderland crowd was only so high as they were virtually giving away tickets

5. Cross Country trains far worse, standing throughout the trains from Basingstoke to Brum both ways, 19.03 back cancelled too

Good to see you on the Snow Hill to Bordesley train, sir.

Sorry about the ,er, entertainment……

5 Things About BIrmingham on 08:24 - Mar 4 with 1257 viewssaint22

5 Things About BIrmingham on 07:33 - Mar 4 by SalisburySaint

5. The train system in this country is worse than ever. It’s literally embarrassing and we are blowing all that cash in the hs2 when the system we all use is decrepit and not for use. On the day the rail companies raise fares again my train is cancelled again due to staff shortages and as a result I hire. A car for the day for cheaper than a return ticket anyway
Ludicrous state of affairs
5 Things About BIrmingham on 08:40 - Mar 4 with 1242 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About BIrmingham on 08:24 - Mar 4 by saint22

5. The train system in this country is worse than ever. It’s literally embarrassing and we are blowing all that cash in the hs2 when the system we all use is decrepit and not for use. On the day the rail companies raise fares again my train is cancelled again due to staff shortages and as a result I hire. A car for the day for cheaper than a return ticket anyway
Ludicrous state of affairs

Hard to disagree.

Feel for the staff who have to cope with all the complaints.

5 Things About BIrmingham on 09:28 - Mar 4 with 1176 viewsBuggalugs

1. I've always thought Birmingham is an under-rated city. Loads of great pubs and easy to navigate around.

2. Having home fans above the away fans is a recipe for trouble and totally unnecessary when they can't get anywhere close to selling out. Getting stuff lobbed down at you and gobbed on isn't pleasant.

3. Went to get drink in ground before half time and matey serving said if I gave him a tenner in cash, he'd give me an extra pint, so ended up with 3 pints for £10. Result.

4. Cross Country trains are just the worst. 5 carriages, 1 of which is 1st class, so loads having to stand in the aisles and around the toilets, which are either out of order or blocked. Everyone's on split save tickets with different seats reserved for different sections of the journey. Got kicked out of our seats at Basingstoke, then again at Banbury. Causes so much grief and problems.

5. What a great away day.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About BIrmingham on 09:36 - Mar 4 with 1170 viewsBarnetSaint

1. Very impressive city centre. Fantastic old buildings with new.
2. Surprised how expensive drinks were, tho I don’t drink ale.
3. Very desolate area around the ground. The small heath area had loads of restaurants but being 100pc Muslim. None had booze
4. Pub near the ground was half home and away fans
5. Yes they could easily have given us another 2,000. Didn’t we give them 3,000?
6. When they did sing, incredibly loud. Our support was excellent. No moaning when we went behind.
7. Highlight was the support for Wil S. And he didn’t hide and had a very good game. The joy of a last minute winner. Can’t beat it.
5 Things About BIrmingham on 11:45 - Mar 4 with 1028 viewsfranniesTache

1. Drunk in the Post Office Vaults which was a cracking little pub with a great selection of beer and actually not that expensive, plus they let you bring in your own food too so could pick stuff up from the places outside.

2. Birmingham looks so much more run down these days when you compare it to places like Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and even Southampton. Really looks like a city that's in decline which is a shame.

3. St Andrews is one of the few proper grounds left in the country and keep right on is one of the best songs in football, properly loud too when they got going.

4. Last minute winners can't be beaten, but i'm now starting to get too old for the celebrations, put my hip out in the carnage when my foot went through the seat in front and now walking like a 90 year old man

5. The set up of St Andrews shows me why a northam wall won't work, you could see the fans clapping (and presumably singing) in the tiverton end directly opposite us but you couldn't really hear them as the sound didn't travel. Whereas the brummies to our left and right made a proper racket when they got going.

Unless we have similar either side of the away fans at st mary's the atmosphere will actually be worse than it is now.
5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:08 - Mar 4 with 949 viewsBarnetSaint

5 Things About BIrmingham on 11:45 - Mar 4 by franniesTache

1. Drunk in the Post Office Vaults which was a cracking little pub with a great selection of beer and actually not that expensive, plus they let you bring in your own food too so could pick stuff up from the places outside.

2. Birmingham looks so much more run down these days when you compare it to places like Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and even Southampton. Really looks like a city that's in decline which is a shame.

3. St Andrews is one of the few proper grounds left in the country and keep right on is one of the best songs in football, properly loud too when they got going.

4. Last minute winners can't be beaten, but i'm now starting to get too old for the celebrations, put my hip out in the carnage when my foot went through the seat in front and now walking like a 90 year old man

5. The set up of St Andrews shows me why a northam wall won't work, you could see the fans clapping (and presumably singing) in the tiverton end directly opposite us but you couldn't really hear them as the sound didn't travel. Whereas the brummies to our left and right made a proper racket when they got going.

Unless we have similar either side of the away fans at st mary's the atmosphere will actually be worse than it is now.

Fair points about what the Northam may or not be like. But if we get back to the Prem, I guarantee you many teams will go on to score and ultimately win when they attack their fans in the Northam in the second half.
There’s no easy answer to this but maybe some kind of fan organization and co ordination is needed
5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:30 - Mar 4 with 919 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:08 - Mar 4 by BarnetSaint

Fair points about what the Northam may or not be like. But if we get back to the Prem, I guarantee you many teams will go on to score and ultimately win when they attack their fans in the Northam in the second half.
There’s no easy answer to this but maybe some kind of fan organization and co ordination is needed

If we go up teams will score and win not because their fans made noise, but because we'll have pissed around with the ball infront of our own goal and let them get a chance.
5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:32 - Mar 4 with 910 viewssaintwizzler

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:08 - Mar 4 by BarnetSaint

The ground layout was fine when we had Koeman and then Puel in charge when we played European football and were a top half team.

I think it’s more what’s on the pitch than behind the goal which matters.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:41 - Mar 4 with 878 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:30 - Mar 4 by franniesTache

If we go up teams will score and win not because their fans made noise, but because we'll have pissed around with the ball infront of our own goal and let them get a chance.

I think too much is made of possession football costing us games, we conceded 3 on Saturday and none of them came from passing in front of our own goal, but from catching us on the break, same as Millwall game, the first goal was a ball just hoofed into the area and a second a shot that hit a hand for a penalty.

When we had the meanest defence in the league for 22 games, it was because we had a settled defence and arguably the best central defensive partnership in the division, since then we have changed the back four virtually every game.

5 Things About BIrmingham on 16:31 - Mar 4 with 763 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:32 - Mar 4 by saintwizzler

The ground layout was fine when we had Koeman and then Puel in charge when we played European football and were a top half team.

I think it’s more what’s on the pitch than behind the goal which matters.

Absolutely its all about who is stood in a stand, not where the stand is or the size of it

5 Things About BIrmingham on 16:44 - Mar 4 with 740 viewshedgeend61

5 Things About BIrmingham on 09:28 - Mar 4 by Buggalugs

1. I've always thought Birmingham is an under-rated city. Loads of great pubs and easy to navigate around.

2. Having home fans above the away fans is a recipe for trouble and totally unnecessary when they can't get anywhere close to selling out. Getting stuff lobbed down at you and gobbed on isn't pleasant.

3. Went to get drink in ground before half time and matey serving said if I gave him a tenner in cash, he'd give me an extra pint, so ended up with 3 pints for £10. Result.

4. Cross Country trains are just the worst. 5 carriages, 1 of which is 1st class, so loads having to stand in the aisles and around the toilets, which are either out of order or blocked. Everyone's on split save tickets with different seats reserved for different sections of the journey. Got kicked out of our seats at Basingstoke, then again at Banbury. Causes so much grief and problems.

5. What a great away day.

3, Matey sounds entrepreneurial, that tenner's not being rung through the till
[Post edited 4 Mar 16:55]
5 Things About BIrmingham on 18:22 - Mar 4 with 636 viewsfelly1

5 Things About BIrmingham on 13:41 - Mar 4 by SaintNick

I think too much is made of possession football costing us games, we conceded 3 on Saturday and none of them came from passing in front of our own goal, but from catching us on the break, same as Millwall game, the first goal was a ball just hoofed into the area and a second a shot that hit a hand for a penalty.

When we had the meanest defence in the league for 22 games, it was because we had a settled defence and arguably the best central defensive partnership in the division, since then we have changed the back four virtually every game.

When we lost to Bristol City and Hull we let in 5 goals. Our defence for those two games was the four regulars . Manning, Bedders, THB and KWP.
Sandwiched inbeteen those games we beat higher placed WBA away without conceding and this was with changes in defence .
Our drop in form and conceding more goals was mainly down to losing Downes.

It was the same last season , people will blame the defence but if you look closely it's the CDM who makes all the difference..remember Romeu?
5 Things About BIrmingham on 18:36 - Mar 4 with 605 viewsericofarabia

1/ The price of being a lager lout As Salisbury said Wellington with great choice of quality Premium Ales from about £4.20 - 4.60
2/ Near us on the right hand side we gave them a fee choruses of 'you only sing when you're drawing which I thought was quite funny
3/Wish I had tried the train from Snows Hill, but my group were convinced that Uber was best. At least the walk back was mainly down hill
4/ The pathetic allocation was ridiculous, as was having loads of empty seats to the left of us but selling the ones directly behind us
5/ Both my trains to and from Manc - Brum were bang on time, got very busy closer to Brum but I had a seat so no prob for me. Return was fine. Cross Country doing ok for me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024