Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight 11:46 - Mar 8 with 1408 viewsPatfromPoole

Bit torn on this one, in truth.

Part of me obviously wants Leeds to lose as it gives us more chance of finishing in the top 2.

But another part of me thinks we would be better off if Leeds win, as we would probably have more joy playing Ipswich in the play-offs than Leeds.

Of course, we could end up in the play-offs anyway, and stuff it up in the semi-finals, therefore not having to play either Leeds or Ipswich.

Might as well plump for a Sheff Wed win then, I guess.

Whereas I would have no mixed emotions for the Cardiff v Ipswich game tomorrow lunchtime. Definitely want Cardiff to win that.
[Post edited 8 Mar 11:46]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 12:35 - Mar 8 with 1333 viewssaint22

I would say we simply want Leeds and Ipswich to lose every game
And then as long as Wussell doesn't play tinker man AGAIN we need to win all ours
Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 13:08 - Mar 8 with 1297 viewsA1079

I can think of very situations where I would not want Leeds to lose even if it does not have an impact on us. I just dislike them intensely. That said, I am surrounded by Leeds fans at work and they are generally ok.
Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 13:23 - Mar 8 with 1284 viewsPatfromPoole

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 13:08 - Mar 8 by A1079

I can think of very situations where I would not want Leeds to lose even if it does not have an impact on us. I just dislike them intensely. That said, I am surrounded by Leeds fans at work and they are generally ok.

Guess we’d best not lose to them in the play-offs then……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 13:56 - Mar 8 with 1255 viewsSFC_Referee

Well we may be able to hand Leeds one of the automatic promotion spots on the last game of the season if we’d rather have Ipswich in the playoffs compared to them, as like I said earlier, one benefit of the Leicester game being much later is we’ll probably know by then if the top 2’s still a possibility or not by then

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 16:22 - Mar 8 with 1143 viewsSouthamptonfan

We want a Sheffield Wednesday win without a doubt. Wednesday are fighting for their lives and are at home. It's a derby too, in front of a huge Hillsborough crowd. Tricky game for Leeds. We can still catch both Leeds and Ipswich, as we have them to play as well. As unlikely as it seems, we can still do it.

Having those postponed games at the end, might be a good thing. We will know what a win will do in those games in hand. Could spur us on, when we know just what they would do.

Can't think about who we would rather have in the play offs until automatics are gone. Anything could happen in the play offs and I wouldn't want to play Ipswich either. They are full of momentum, the underdogs, nothing to lose, whereas Leeds might be under more pressure and c@ck it up. Depends how you look at it. I'm not confident we will get autos at all, but it's perfectly possible. There will be twists, turns, pressure and shocks I'm sure.
[Post edited 8 Mar 16:27]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 17:15 - Mar 8 with 1081 viewsobelisk

It really doesn't matter. Saints will be entering the play-off lottery. Great if it ends in a triumph at Wembley but Saints don't have a good record in those life and death games.

It's almost a relief for the hope to be extinguished.
Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 18:02 - Mar 8 with 1034 views1885_SFC

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 17:15 - Mar 8 by obelisk

It really doesn't matter. Saints will be entering the play-off lottery. Great if it ends in a triumph at Wembley but Saints don't have a good record in those life and death games.

It's almost a relief for the hope to be extinguished.

This. We're not going up automatically - however much we'd all love it to happen. Those three recent league losses killed any hope of a top two finish. I'm okay with that though. Play-offs will do. I would have taken that back in the Summer before a ball was kicked.

Old School is Cool

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 21:37 - Mar 8 with 921 viewsButty101

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 18:02 - Mar 8 by 1885_SFC

This. We're not going up automatically - however much we'd all love it to happen. Those three recent league losses killed any hope of a top two finish. I'm okay with that though. Play-offs will do. I would have taken that back in the Summer before a ball was kicked.

Shef Wednesday defend and attack like Saints. No surprise they are losing 2-0 to Leeds then

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 21:54 - Mar 8 with 900 viewsdarthvader

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 21:37 - Mar 8 by Butty101

Shef Wednesday defend and attack like Saints. No surprise they are losing 2-0 to Leeds then

Leeds? Leeds can fook off

keep the faith coyr

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 23:03 - Mar 8 with 833 viewsA1079

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 18:02 - Mar 8 by 1885_SFC

I think you are right 1885. Leeds aren't going to have a wobble. They may drop the odd point but they aren't going on a losing run and though Leicester had a little wobble I suspect that win last week has put them back on track and Ipswich seem to have great fighting spirit even when they look like they are going to lose a game.

But, as you say, I did not actually expect to see us where we are now at the beginning of this season with those 4 defeats, but as good as we have been at times, we are always subject to errors, conceding and a little run of defeats when it matters most. However, I have enjoyed this season, it isn't over yet and I hope we can keep the chase until the end even if we do ultimately fall short.
Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 23:20 - Mar 8 with 811 views1885_SFC

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 23:03 - Mar 8 by A1079

I think you are right 1885. Leeds aren't going to have a wobble. They may drop the odd point but they aren't going on a losing run and though Leicester had a little wobble I suspect that win last week has put them back on track and Ipswich seem to have great fighting spirit even when they look like they are going to lose a game.

But, as you say, I did not actually expect to see us where we are now at the beginning of this season with those 4 defeats, but as good as we have been at times, we are always subject to errors, conceding and a little run of defeats when it matters most. However, I have enjoyed this season, it isn't over yet and I hope we can keep the chase until the end even if we do ultimately fall short.

Yep, keep the pressure on til the last day and see what happens. The three teams above us are consistent whereas we're not. They'll all drop a point here or there of course but I'll give them their due; they're not slipping up much.

I thought Leeds were burning out/looking jaded the other week watching their game but no, they still keep hammering away & getting results. Likewise Ipswich. They concede plenty of goals but seem to outscore their opponents. We're going to have to face one of those two in the play-offs, so it's important we finish the season in good form & on a winning unbeaten streak if possible - to ensure we give a good account of ourselves in those play-offs..

Old School is Cool

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 14:31 - Mar 9 with 505 views1885_SFC

FT Cardiff 2 Ipswich 1

90+5 equaliser from Cardiff... who were sh1te all game but stuck at it.

Then Cardiff found a 90+10 winner!

Who'd have thought eh.

Old School is Cool

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 14:38 - Mar 9 with 484 viewsBuenosSaint

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 14:31 - Mar 9 by 1885_SFC

FT Cardiff 2 Ipswich 1

90+5 equaliser from Cardiff... who were sh1te all game but stuck at it.

Then Cardiff found a 90+10 winner!

Who'd have thought eh.

Yeah, I was watching it. Amazing. Cardiff did us a massive favour. Saints just need to win now else it's all in vain

Poll: The Long Future

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 14:41 - Mar 9 with 477 viewsSouthamptonfan

There will be twists and turns. I will keep saying it. There are 10 games left and we have them all to play. We are still in this.

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 16:48 - Mar 9 with 433 viewsBuenosSaint

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 14:41 - Mar 9 by Southamptonfan

There will be twists and turns. I will keep saying it. There are 10 games left and we have them all to play. We are still in this.

You called it saints fan! Twists and turns and turns n twists.....

Poll: The Long Future

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 17:57 - Mar 9 with 388 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sheff Wed v Leeds tonight on 16:48 - Mar 9 by BuenosSaint

You called it saints fan! Twists and turns and turns n twists.....

We are the outsiders but pressure is a funny thing. It's better we are chasing than being chased I think. 10 games is enough games for things to turn. No greater evidence of twists and turns than Ipswich winning on the 95th minute but end up losing. It will go to the final day at Elland Road. 😲

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024