Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg 09:16 - Apr 28 with 7332 viewsPatfromPoole

Unless the Club do something bold with pricing (£15 or less).

The play-offs were always my favourite week of the season to watch games on TV (as a neutral); often so much excitement in games with big atmospheres.

However, the feeling I get is that a lot of fans just want the season to end now, and extending it by another couple of weeks is just prolonging the angst.

A real shame.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:22 - May 9 with 2228 viewsHorndeansaint

There were 1400 left at 10am and 200 left by 10.30. All sold now.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:39 - May 10 with 1930 viewsfranniesTache

I"m sure our home support will be rocking now that we've got our own noddy ultras group, i'm hearing that Pat is currently going through his end of year review with their leader

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:42 - May 10 with 1925 viewsPatfromPoole

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:39 - May 10 by franniesTache

I"m sure our home support will be rocking now that we've got our own noddy ultras group, i'm hearing that Pat is currently going through his end of year review with their leader

How very dare you.

I would never be associated with such poor spelling and grammar.

Any self-respecting ultras group has to have a decent grasp of the English Language, I feel.

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:44 - May 10 with 1923 viewsfranniesTache

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:42 - May 10 by PatfromPoole

How very dare you.

I would never be associated with such poor spelling and grammar.

Any self-respecting ultras group has to have a decent grasp of the English Language, I feel.

You're right it's VERY serious business, you can't let the little things slide or the next you know people will be getting the choreography wrong in the stands, or creating noddy flags
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:05 - May 12 with 1612 viewsMrangry25

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 09:26 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

I hope you’re right, sir.

But probably about 80% of our regular home support are ST holders, and I can see a lot of them not bothering if the Club are asking them to shell out £25 or more for a ticket.

£35 + £1.50 fir the privilege of sitting in my seat.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:20 - May 12 with 1603 viewsBerber

£15 is overpriced if it is based on entertainment value. I am deeply disappointed.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:21 - May 12 with 1542 viewscocklebreath

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:05 - May 12 by Mrangry25

£35 + £1.50 fir the privilege of sitting in my seat.

It’s a big game stop moaning

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 18:07 - May 12 with 1499 viewsMrangry25

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:21 - May 12 by cocklebreath

No bigger than any of the others we have played this season, if RM had stopped playing Super Jack we wouldn’t be shelling out again.
Login to get fewer ads

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 18:19 - May 12 with 1481 viewscocklebreath

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 18:07 - May 12 by Mrangry25

No bigger than any of the others we have played this season, if RM had stopped playing Super Jack we wouldn’t be shelling out again.

It obviously is much bigger

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 19:12 - May 12 with 1420 viewsBerber

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:21 - May 12 by cocklebreath

A big, boring game.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 20:06 - May 12 with 1344 viewscocklebreath

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 19:12 - May 12 by Berber

A big, boring game.

Friday night won’t be boring, in fact I’d question why you bother if you’re bored by a play off game

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 00:37 - May 13 with 1205 viewsSFC_Referee

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 20:06 - May 12 by cocklebreath

Friday night won’t be boring, in fact I’d question why you bother if you’re bored by a play off game

Yeah, as today felt just as tense as the FA Cup semi’s against Leicester and Chelsea, the league cup final against Man U or that Swansea game that was also practically a playoff game! As in all those games it didn’t matter what the scores were, as they were always gonna be entertaining for the fans involved.
As anyway I’d much rather have a boring 1-0 win against Wwest Brom and again in the final if it means we go up, rather than a goals galore game on Friday which we loose, as the next game or two ain’t about how entertaining they were or how well/poorly we played, but simply the results as that’s all that matters.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:30 - May 13 with 1089 viewsBerber

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 20:06 - May 12 by cocklebreath

I am bothered because I want to see good quality football. The Championship in general is cack, and our output has not been much better than average.

But I did like what Tessem had to say about Friday’s game, if you are not going to shout and scream for the team, give your ticket to someone else who will. I did plenty of shouting and screaming during the last two seasons before we got relegated. If they were a team of battlers, I might be tempted, but they aren’t are they? Mostly they turn up and work through the numbers. I am over it, that’s all.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:11 - May 13 with 1022 viewsdirk_doone

The whingeing and moaning on here were bad enough when they anounced they were going to move the away fans into a corner and create a proper home end. Imagine how bad it's going to be when they announce the stadium expansion plans
[Post edited 13 May 16:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 09:59 - May 14 with 730 viewsSaintNick

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:11 - May 13 by dirk_doone

The whingeing and moaning on here were bad enough when they anounced they were going to move the away fans into a corner and create a proper home end. Imagine how bad it's going to be when they announce the stadium expansion plans

Dirk you miss the point, no one disagreed with creating a home end,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 11:54 - May 14 with 647 viewssaints__fan__73

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:11 - May 13 by dirk_doone

Stadium expansion?

We lost over a hundred million last year. Our debts are approaching a quarter of a billion.

Do you really think the owners would be thinking it's a good plan to spend tens, if not hundreds, of millions on putting in an extra 5-10k seats which we might sell out for a few games a season?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 12:25 - May 14 with 614 viewsPatfromPoole

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 11:54 - May 14 by saints__fan__73

Stadium expansion?

We lost over a hundred million last year. Our debts are approaching a quarter of a billion.

Do you really think the owners would be thinking it's a good plan to spend tens, if not hundreds, of millions on putting in an extra 5-10k seats which we might sell out for a few games a season?

Point of order.

Operating loss last year was £76 million.
Loss after tax was £80 million.

Not the healthiest figures, I will grant you.

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:57 - May 14 with 551 viewssaints__fan__73

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 12:25 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

Point of order.

Operating loss last year was £76 million.
Loss after tax was £80 million.

Not the healthiest figures, I will grant you.

£93.5m loss according to the Echo.

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:30 - May 14 with 531 viewsSonicBoom

Funny how we glance at these numbers and think it's not too bad. In most other business's if you lost 90 million in a year it would be shut and everyone would be out of a job. Football finances are mental.
Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:34 - May 14 with 527 viewsSaintNick

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:30 - May 14 by SonicBoom

Funny how we glance at these numbers and think it's not too bad. In most other business's if you lost 90 million in a year it would be shut and everyone would be out of a job. Football finances are mental.

Football clubs work on cycles, those figures are for accounts up to last summer and would not include income from after June

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:51 - May 14 with 506 viewssaints__fan__73

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:34 - May 14 by SaintNick

Football clubs work on cycles, those figures are for accounts up to last summer and would not include income from after June

They also inc our PL revenue as opposed to the pittance we currently get from the Football League...

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 15:50 - May 14 with 487 viewsSaintNick

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 14:51 - May 14 by saints__fan__73

They also inc our PL revenue as opposed to the pittance we currently get from the Football League...

It would not include our final Premier League payment in July so that will fall into this accounting year plus parachute payments

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:05 - May 14 with 471 viewsPatfromPoole

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 13:57 - May 14 by saints__fan__73

£93.5m loss according to the Echo.

I will leave you to look at the most recently filed accounts of Southampton Football Club Limited on the Companies House website (the year ended 30th June 2023).

You will hopefully (like me) then be wondering where the hell Alfie House is getting his numbers from.

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:03 - May 14 with 420 viewssaints__fan__73

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 16:05 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

I will leave you to look at the most recently filed accounts of Southampton Football Club Limited on the Companies House website (the year ended 30th June 2023).

You will hopefully (like me) then be wondering where the hell Alfie House is getting his numbers from.

The summary remains the same. Financially we're f'ked and there's as much chance of the club putting in the old monkey chicken petting zoo as extending the stadium.

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:18 - May 14 with 389 viewsPatfromPoole

Crowd of less than 25,000 looming for play-off semi home leg on 17:03 - May 14 by saints__fan__73

The summary remains the same. Financially we're f'ked and there's as much chance of the club putting in the old monkey chicken petting zoo as extending the stadium.

Well, I would suggest there is a notable difference between £80 million and “over £100 million”, but there you are.

We are “financially fvcked” to the extent that we are being propped up by Solak.

Which is like 90% of other clubs and their owners.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024