Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season - transfers 12:57 - May 24 with 2355 viewsSaintsforeverj

So yesterday we couldnt defend, we couldn't shoot and we couldn't create. Whatever people may think about Ralph, he will be at the helm at the beginning of next season. I do think Ralph needs to be given the summer to sort things out - give him until Christmas and see how things are. Next season will be an important one. He has to get things right next year.

Incomings - I think we need a new full back, an attacking midfield player and a really good striker. So 3 "quality players. Salisu can fit in at centre back. I think it's that bit of quality, that missed chance, that bad pass that then sets the tone for the game. A few quality ayers would make the difference. Hopefully Ings stays, but ofcourse we don't know. He will have to be replaced obviously if he goes.

Out - there will be a lot of fringe players leave, but who knows. Elyanoussi comes back, so worth a go? What do we do with the GKs?

Lots to sort out that's for sure. Will Ralph be backed with transfer money? Only time will tell. An important summer ahead.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 12:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Next season - transfers on 13:00 - May 24 with 2329 viewsBicester_North

2 full backs
Left footed attacking midfielder
Striker
Keeper

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Next season - transfers on 13:04 - May 24 with 2316 viewssaint22

I am not sure about Ralph, I always have been in the camp that he is the man for the job but his selections and substitutions since he had a full remit of players to pick from have been staggeringly bewildering at best

We need far more than 3 players.
We need 2 full backs, another Cb really, another solid midfielder, an attacking midfielder and/or wide man who can actually deliver, a GK and probably a striker

I would say we will be lucky to get 3 of those

I would actually like to see Lemina and Elyounussi given a go again if we can't offload them, surely Mo can do better than our current winger selection??
Next season - transfers on 13:21 - May 24 with 2294 viewsKennington

Two full backs
Replacement for Fonte
One or two holding/defensive midfielders
One proven striker or two strikers if we’re gambling in the £15m bargain punt bracket.
Attacking midfielder

Players that will ideally stay

Vest
Bednarek (but only just)
KWP
JWP
Armstrong
Wallcot is clearly staying
Adams as squad filler
Romeu again as more squad than starting every game
Obviously Ings but unlikely
Tella

Everyone else can leave and particularly the perennial failures such as Stephens, Redmond, Djenepo etc.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Next season - transfers on 14:19 - May 24 with 2252 viewsSaintsforeverj

Next season - transfers on 13:04 - May 24 by saint22

I am not sure about Ralph, I always have been in the camp that he is the man for the job but his selections and substitutions since he had a full remit of players to pick from have been staggeringly bewildering at best

We need 2 full backs, another Cb really, another solid midfielder, an attacking midfielder and/or wide man who can actually deliver, a GK and probably a striker

I would actually like to see Lemina and Elyounussi given a go again if we can't offload them, surely Mo can do better than our current winger selection??

I agree on M Elyanoussi. He has done well in Scotland. I know that doesn't say much but his confidence might be high, we don't have much money, so why not give him a go? He can't be any worse than Redmond and Co. I say 3 players because we don't want to bring like 6 average players imo. We need 3 top quality players that will bring our average players along.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 14:20]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Next season - transfers on 16:39 - May 24 with 2164 viewsBicester_North

Next season - transfers on 14:19 - May 24 by Saintsforeverj

I agree on M Elyanoussi. He has done well in Scotland. I know that doesn't say much but his confidence might be high, we don't have much money, so why not give him a go? He can't be any worse than Redmond and Co. I say 3 players because we don't want to bring like 6 average players imo. We need 3 top quality players that will bring our average players along.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 14:20]

I don’t know about MO E
If you look at Celtic fans comments many say exactly the same we do about Redmond, Djnepo, Boufal, Walcott

Has his moments but massively frustrating, in and out of games.

And that’s against lower league standard defences

The last thing we need is another one of those
[Post edited 24 May 2021 16:41]

Next season - transfers on 17:37 - May 24 with 2101 viewsBerber

As posted by Bicester North probably, 2 FBs or maybe only 1 who can play either side with Vokins, GK, replacement for Djennepo/Redmond with one staying, but probably not a striker, you are talking high teen of millions, and that isn't going to happen. This will probably be the extent of it, and probably most of them will be filled with loans. I will be delighted if we spend on purchases. The above is the bare minimum.

PS maybe we need a fast, strong striker who can make a difference on the breakaway, Newcastle, who are basically rubbish now have 3 and finished above us. Brentford used the same approach to get to the playoff finals. It isn't great to watch, but could be our best chance if Ings misses as many games as this season.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 17:46]
Next season - transfers on 18:28 - May 24 with 2047 viewsMattFinish

Next season - transfers on 13:04 - May 24 by saint22

So you're saying we need virtually a full new team and then say give the manager til Christmas with a team that isn't good enough and you want two players given a chance who you regularly slagged off when they played for us?

Lemina has less interest than Redmond or as I like to put it is comatosed and Elyounoussi can't hold a place down in Scottish football or as I like to call it Sunday football
Next season - transfers on 19:24 - May 24 with 2010 viewsSadoldgit

Next season - transfers on 16:39 - May 24 by Bicester_North

I don’t know about MO E
If you look at Celtic fans comments many say exactly the same we do about Redmond, Djnepo, Boufal, Walcott

Has his moments but massively frustrating, in and out of games.

And that’s against lower league standard defences

The last thing we need is another one of those
[Post edited 24 May 2021 16:41]

He played in 34 games, scored 10 goals and notched up several assists apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season - transfers on 19:32 - May 24 with 2001 viewsBicester_North

Next season - transfers on 19:24 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

He played in 34 games, scored 10 goals and notched up several assists apparently.

True but Celtic scored over 2 goals per game

Only Man City did that in the prem

He was absolutely slaughtered when he was here as a joke player and one of our worst ever signings.

I’d be happy to be proved wrong but I think we need to ship out and get new faces

Next season - transfers on 19:42 - May 24 with 1990 viewssledger

to play our managers high line pressing style you need recovery pace,our 2 centre backs have the pace and turning circle that make oil tankers seem fast,our 2 central midfielders also are paceless hence we are caught on the turnover so easily,its really not rocket science with what we have we should be defending deeper,there solved it for you ralph
Next season - transfers on 07:43 - May 25 with 1841 viewssaintwizzler

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/12313135/southampton-the-summer-tr

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Next season - transfers on 10:42 - May 28 with 1660 viewsMattFinish

I'm looking at what players are out of contract and on reasonably low wages or players who we could get on loan who can't break into their own team cos that's all we'll get in the next window
Next season - transfers on 07:45 - May 29 with 1510 viewsMattFinish

Bertrand tipped to go to Leicester with untested Leicester youth team player Yfeko coming in the other direction (probably on a season long loan).
Gao and Fat Cat will be rubbing their hands together at that one. Kerching
Next season - transfers on 16:49 - May 30 with 1321 viewssledger

biggest problem is that the mainly average players we have have given up on the manager,if our few decent players move on(i wouldnt blame them) the championship beckons
Next season - transfers on 07:35 - May 31 with 1191 viewssaint22

Next season - transfers on 07:45 - May 29 by MattFinish

Bertrand tipped to go to Leicester with untested Leicester youth team player Yfeko coming in the other direction (probably on a season long loan).
Gao and Fat Cat will be rubbing their hands together at that one. Kerching

Minamino strongly tipped for another years loan........ffs
Next season - transfers on 08:05 - May 31 with 1169 viewscocklebreath

I think the priority is a new keeper, a good one. Must be one knocking about in Sweden or Norway who’s nice and cheap

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Next season - transfers on 08:31 - May 31 with 1152 viewsdirk_doone

Next season - transfers on 16:49 - May 30 by sledger

biggest problem is that the mainly average players we have have given up on the manager,if our few decent players move on(i wouldnt blame them) the championship beckons

In all likelihood, the squad will be weaker at the beginning of next season than it was at the end of the last one. Unless you spend more than you receive in the transfer market each year, you inevitably regress. If the team is actually improved next season, it will be a minor miracle, and we don't have Paul Mitchell any more to work miracles.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Next season - transfers on 10:19 - May 31 with 1104 viewsBuenosSaint

Next season - transfers on 08:31 - May 31 by dirk_doone

In all likelihood, the squad will be weaker at the beginning of next season than it was at the end of the last one. Unless you spend more than you receive in the transfer market each year, you inevitably regress. If the team is actually improved next season, it will be a minor miracle, and we don't have Paul Mitchell any more to work miracles.

Yup. Exactly this. Further Evidenced by RH actually considering Minamino if reports are to be believed.

Just have to hope 3 of the: promoted sides, Brighton, Burnley, palace, Newcastle, or wolves are basically crapper than us come May 2022. Not much different to this season then . Ho hum.

Poll: The Long Future

Next season - transfers on 09:40 - Jun 1 with 982 viewsSonicBoom

Apparently we are in talks with Blackburn over their striker Adam Armstrong.
Next season - transfers on 10:00 - Jun 1 with 971 viewssaint22

Next season - transfers on 09:40 - Jun 1 by SonicBoom

FULL BACKS
Next season - transfers on 10:34 - Jun 1 with 955 viewsdirk_doone

Next season - transfers on 09:40 - Jun 1 by SonicBoom

Replacement for Ings, from the sound of it. We wouldn't splash out on a striker otherwise.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024