Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford 10:54 - Oct 3 with 1662 viewsPatfromPoole

Not mucking about.

Manager gone.

Just hope they don’t get anybody decent who we could have had…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Watford on 11:05 - Oct 3 with 1639 viewsSadoldgit

Don’t worry, Eddie Howe isn’t going anywhere that he can’t commute to easily. Especially now there is a fuel shortage!
Watford on 12:10 - Oct 3 with 1584 viewsSaintsforeverj

They have driven, ambitious owners. They won't accept 2nd best. We don't have a Cortese type figure in the club anymore, so it won't be happening here. 17th will be acceptable here.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Watford on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 1564 views1885_SFC

To be fair - Watford normally sack their managers every other month. That's their downfall - no continuity.

Old School is Cool

Watford on 12:35 - Oct 3 with 1541 viewsSalisburySaint

Watford on 12:22 - Oct 3 by 1885_SFC

To be fair - Watford normally sack their managers every other month. That's their downfall - no continuity.

Spot on, Watford are an awful example to use when it comes to sacking mamagers
Watford on 14:06 - Oct 3 with 1450 viewskingslandstand1

Watford on 12:10 - Oct 3 by Saintsforeverj

They have driven, ambitious owners. They won't accept 2nd best. We don't have a Cortese type figure in the club anymore, so it won't be happening here. 17th will be acceptable here.

That may be but how many managers in the last few years? Would we really want that and call it ambition? Get it right when recruiting managers as well as players

Though a big month ahead for Ralph
Watford on 14:07 - Oct 3 with 1445 viewskingslandstand1

Watford on 12:35 - Oct 3 by SalisburySaint

Spot on, Watford are an awful example to use when it comes to sacking mamagers

Exactly, which was reason for my response to SFJ below
Watford on 15:55 - Oct 3 with 1360 viewsSaintsforeverj

Watford on 14:06 - Oct 3 by kingslandstand1

That may be but how many managers in the last few years? Would we really want that and call it ambition? Get it right when recruiting managers as well as players

Though a big month ahead for Ralph

And yet a growing number of Saints fans want Ralph sacked. They are talking as if we have owners who will be unhappy and care that we are 17th. They don't, 17th will be just fine for our owners. Watford are a bad example as they sack too many. But Cortese did get it right when he replaced Adkins for Poch. We went up a level from then on and that certainly was ambition to sack a popular and decent manager. But the point is, we won't sack Ralph because we don't have owners that would be unhappy with 17th and with the money we have spent, 17th wouldn't be too bad. The whole problem here is Gao, and he is getting far too much of an easy ride in my opinion with Ralph getting the blame for a desperately under invested squad.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 16:01]

Watford on 16:01 - Oct 3 with 1338 viewskingslandstand1

Watford on 15:55 - Oct 3 by Saintsforeverj

And yet a growing number of Saints fans want Ralph sacked. They are talking as if we have owners who will be unhappy and care that we are 17th. They don't, 17th will be just fine for our owners. Watford are a bad example as they sack too many. But Cortese did get it right when he replaced Adkins for Poch. We went up a level from then on and that certainly was ambition to sack a popular and decent manager. But the point is, we won't sack Ralph because we don't have owners that would be unhappy with 17th and with the money we have spent, 17th wouldn't be too bad. The whole problem here is Gao, and he is getting far too much of an easy ride in my opinion with Ralph getting the blame for a desperately under invested squad.

I'm with you there but you say Gao is getting an easy ride. Is he? There are a couple that are still sticking up for him, but he is at the top of the tree and I'm guessing trying his best to sell. But of there are not any buyers out there what can we do? Look at Ashley, though he may also be a bad example ................
Login to get fewer ads

Watford on 16:18 - Oct 3 with 1316 viewsSaintsforeverj

Watford on 16:01 - Oct 3 by kingslandstand1

I'm with you there but you say Gao is getting an easy ride. Is he? There are a couple that are still sticking up for him, but he is at the top of the tree and I'm guessing trying his best to sell. But of there are not any buyers out there what can we do? Look at Ashley, though he may also be a bad example ................

Yep, or at least we think he is trying to sell. It's so silent the fans don't know anything. In terms of an easy ride, St Mary's fans just droop away from 70 minutes and don't say a word about Gao. Might not be any point, but it might speed things up.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 16:24]

Watford on 16:25 - Oct 3 with 1301 viewsSadoldgit

Watford on 16:01 - Oct 3 by kingslandstand1

I am not sure that anyone is sticking up for Gao but some of us do understand that he is trying to sell the club and appreciate that any money made is staying with the club. I can’t see what the point is in giving him a hard time. Will it make him sell cheaper? Unlikely. Even with a new owner there is no guarantee that they will throw tons of money at the squad. All we can do is sit tight and hope that a very rich and benevolent owner (or investor) can be found soonish.
Watford on 18:26 - Oct 4 with 1066 views1885_SFC

Watford have just appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager. Good appointment that.

Old School is Cool

Watford on 18:37 - Oct 4 with 1051 viewscocklebreath

Watford on 18:26 - Oct 4 by 1885_SFC

Watford have just appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager. Good appointment that.

You reckon? I’ll give it 2 months and they’ll be below us by then

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Watford on 19:07 - Oct 4 with 1020 views1885_SFC

Watford on 18:37 - Oct 4 by cocklebreath

You reckon? I’ll give it 2 months and they’ll be below us by then

For a club like Watford it's a bit of a coup... a bit like when we tempted Poch & Koeman to come here.

Old School is Cool

Watford on 23:42 - Oct 4 with 898 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Watford on 15:55 - Oct 3 by Saintsforeverj

I've asked this a few times and no one has answered. I'm no Hassenhuttl fan right now, but who is better than him and would manage Saints? Who?

Unless there are a load (or even 1) unknown managers in Europe itching to manage an average to poor premier league club, just for the money and visibility, I can't think of anyone.

The answer is now Allardyce or Howe.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Watford on 00:01 - Oct 5 with 889 viewsSaintsforeverj

Watford on 23:42 - Oct 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I've asked this a few times and no one has answered. I'm no Hassenhuttl fan right now, but who is better than him and would manage Saints? Who?

Unless there are a load (or even 1) unknown managers in Europe itching to manage an average to poor premier league club, just for the money and visibility, I can't think of anyone.

The way I see it is that Ralph makes mistakes but he is at least getting results with a vastly inferior and under invested team. He is likeable at least and he clearly cares about the club. The performances are also good. It's not like the team has downed tools or arn't giving their all. A lot of work has gone on over the last three years, and I do worry who might be his replacement. After Hughes, Pellegrino, and ofcourse the debatable Puel period, I really am worried about who we might get instead.

Ralph hasn't had any money to spend at all, and actually which other manager would put up with that? At least we have a bit of stability. The next few games are very important and Ralph needs to get some results. But I'm currently in the Ralph in camp, as it's still early. I personally blame Gao for lowest net spend in the country, buying the club without saying a word to the fans and seemingly not giving a sh@t about the supporters' experience. Whoever is manager, they are working under extreme financial restraints. Ralph is not totally blameless. He should play a left back at left back for example. But Gao is the real villain here in my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 0:09]

Watford on 07:40 - Oct 5 with 796 viewssaintwizzler

Watford on 23:42 - Oct 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The better managers would cost money in compensation if they wanted to come so it would have to be an unemployed one.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Watford on 07:49 - Oct 5 with 784 viewssaintwizzler

Watford on 00:01 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

The way I see it is that Ralph makes mistakes but he is at least getting results with a vastly inferior and under invested team. He is likeable at least and he clearly cares about the club. The performances are also good. It's not like the team has downed tools or arn't giving their all. A lot of work has gone on over the last three years, and I do worry who might be his replacement. After Hughes, Pellegrino, and ofcourse the debatable Puel period, I really am worried about who we might get instead.

Ralph hasn't had any money to spend at all, and actually which other manager would put up with that? At least we have a bit of stability. The next few games are very important and Ralph needs to get some results. But I'm currently in the Ralph in camp, as it's still early. I personally blame Gao for lowest net spend in the country, buying the club without saying a word to the fans and seemingly not giving a sh@t about the supporters' experience. Whoever is manager, they are working under extreme financial restraints. Ralph is not totally blameless. He should play a left back at left back for example. But Gao is the real villain here in my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 0:09]

Ralph loves the club?
He’d be gone in a heartbeat if a better offer came in & could you blame him?
He has had money to spend. Ings, Vestergaard and Oblafemi monies.
Buying a CB for £7m then playing Romeu in a back 5 whilst Lyanco sits on the bench?

Gao said from the start he would not be investing in the club.
Blame Kat Liebherr for wanting out so bad she sold to him.
Gao bought the club as investment & maybe to get money out of China, who knows?
Hopefully for his sake his advisors told him the repercussions of relegation to his investment.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Watford on 08:39 - Oct 5 with 751 viewsSadoldgit

Watford on 07:40 - Oct 5 by saintwizzler

The better managers would cost money in compensation if they wanted to come so it would have to be an unemployed one.

You are right, we tend to go for unemployed managers, but in answer to who would come here, we’ll Poch, Koeman and Ralph did. It is a perfect stepping stone for any manager looking to progress. The money isn’t bad and if you fail you still get well compensated. No one expects much other than staying up and a good cup run. I don’t believe for one minute that Semmens of Crocker would consider Fat Sam so we don’t need to worry on that score. Expect another young progressive European who is happy to work on a very tight budget.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024