Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford 16:50 - Oct 28 with 1087 viewsSaintsNews

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford 28th Oct 2021 16:48
Southampton will most likely be without striker Armando Broja for the trip to Vicarage Road on Saturday with Ralph Hasenhuttl confirming that the Albanian from Slough is still struggling with an ankle injury picked up in the Burnley game. 7

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 16:55 - Oct 28 with 1071 viewssaint22

Big miss but at least with FF back in goal we should look pretty solid at the back
Also his distribution was SO much better, quicker releasing the ball, more accurate
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 1047 viewsRon11

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 16:55 - Oct 28 by saint22

Big miss but at least with FF back in goal we should look pretty solid at the back
Also his distribution was SO much better, quicker releasing the ball, more accurate

IF he's not back on the bench.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 20:04 - Oct 28 with 910 viewsSadoldgit

Isn’t this thread about Broja being out? Adams and Armstrong then.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 22:39 - Oct 28 with 859 viewsA1079

Difficult to see where our goals are going to come from. Broja gave us some hope recently but Adams and Armstrong and others are not exactly prolific. Someone suggested on another thread pushing Livramento up front and that sounds a reasonable shout.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 22:43 - Oct 28 with 855 viewsBicester_North

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 22:39 - Oct 28 by A1079

Difficult to see where our goals are going to come from. Broja gave us some hope recently but Adams and Armstrong and others are not exactly prolific. Someone suggested on another thread pushing Livramento up front and that sounds a reasonable shout.

What do you mean pushing Livramento up front? Playing him as a striker when we have actual strikers?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 23:15 - Oct 28 with 827 viewsA1079

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 22:43 - Oct 28 by Bicester_North

What do you mean pushing Livramento up front? Playing him as a striker when we have actual strikers?

I know Bicester - sounds sort of contradictory - but our strikers (Broja aside) are not striking. Anyway, I can't see it happening, though I was at a game at the Dell once when we were losing a game and Razor Ruddock was pushed up front in the 2nd half and he scored and we went onto win - not that I am suggesting that is a roadmap for logical football thinking.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 00:33 - Oct 29 with 788 viewsBicester_North

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 23:15 - Oct 28 by A1079

I know Bicester - sounds sort of contradictory - but our strikers (Broja aside) are not striking. Anyway, I can't see it happening, though I was at a game at the Dell once when we were losing a game and Razor Ruddock was pushed up front in the 2nd half and he scored and we went onto win - not that I am suggesting that is a roadmap for logical football thinking.

I know what you mean A1079 and I remember Caulker being pushed up front by Klopp as well.

But I’d rather players were played in the positions they’ve been brought up in. I’m hoping the likes of S Armstrong can put balls through for A Armstrong to run onto. It seems like if we want full backs or wingers to get forward and cross the ball we need Broja, but if we have quick counters and can pick a pass Adam Armstrong could be useful with his pace, if he gets good chances I think he can finish them.
Adams i think is a 5-10 a season at best at this level but good hold up play and can create.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 09:55 - Oct 29 with 690 viewssaint901

Broja will be missed but resting him for a game against one of the weaker PL teams makes sense if he can heal and come back fit and well in a game or two.

The issue is that with him in the team, we play to him and he can flick the ball on, hold it up, turn and attack the penalty area, brings others into play. In other words, as a defender, you're never quite sure what he will do and that is good for Saints.

His potential replacements are not that sort of player. Adams is all about being fed a quick ball into the box where his movement is crucial (and usually good). The issue for us this season has been supplying that ball.

Armstrong A is more about pace and for me he struggles a little at this level because he's unsure about whether to go short, pick up the ball, turn and attack the box, or to rely on others to see his runs.

The two together don't quite make sense to me either. They are either making the same run or are on totally different wavelengths.

For these reasons, I see Walcott getting a start with Adams.
Login to get fewer ads

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 10:28 - Oct 29 with 679 viewsinthebox

Broja at the moment seems to have that special ingredient, he has that hungry aggressive edge to him that defenders are afraid of. I also like the way he creates that double headed eagle symbol from the Albanian flag when he scores.
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 13:01 - Oct 29 with 628 viewsExBaselSaint

TBH after failing to beat such a grubby little Burnley side and with the Albanian guy out I really can't see where the next win is coming from..
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 13:29 - Oct 29 with 609 viewssaint22

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 09:55 - Oct 29 by saint901

Broja will be missed but resting him for a game against one of the weaker PL teams makes sense if he can heal and come back fit and well in a game or two.

The issue is that with him in the team, we play to him and he can flick the ball on, hold it up, turn and attack the penalty area, brings others into play. In other words, as a defender, you're never quite sure what he will do and that is good for Saints.

His potential replacements are not that sort of player. Adams is all about being fed a quick ball into the box where his movement is crucial (and usually good). The issue for us this season has been supplying that ball.

Armstrong A is more about pace and for me he struggles a little at this level because he's unsure about whether to go short, pick up the ball, turn and attack the box, or to rely on others to see his runs.

The two together don't quite make sense to me either. They are either making the same run or are on totally different wavelengths.

For these reasons, I see Walcott getting a start with Adams.

I agree that Adams and Armstrong are not a potent strike force
That said I would way rather see redmond play up top again than Walcott, are you insane?
Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 13:40 - Oct 29 with 610 viewssaintwizzler

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 10:28 - Oct 29 by inthebox

Broja at the moment seems to have that special ingredient, he has that hungry aggressive edge to him that defenders are afraid of. I also like the way he creates that double headed eagle symbol from the Albanian flag when he scores.

That symbol he creates when he scores is in honour of his step father who raised him from the age of 5, Michael Crawford, who starred in the hit film Condorman.

The symbol is that of The Condor. 🐦

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 17:27 - Oct 29 with 529 viewsPatfromPoole

Does my head in that Hassenhutl gives the opposition an advantage by telling them who is out.

Makes it so much easier for the opposition to plan for the game.

No need to do it. Ridiculous.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 17:42 - Oct 29 with 521 viewssaintwizzler

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 17:27 - Oct 29 by PatfromPoole

Does my head in that Hassenhutl gives the opposition an advantage by telling them who is out.

Makes it so much easier for the opposition to plan for the game.

No need to do it. Ridiculous.

Yes I agree.
Injuries should be announced an hour before kick off when the teamsheet is handed in.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 18:40 - Oct 29 with 471 viewsBerber

Broja Out For Saints Trip To Watford on 20:04 - Oct 28 by Sadoldgit

Isn’t this thread about Broja being out? Adams and Armstrong then.

Exactly that for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024