Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs v Saints 00:59 - Aug 1 with 2324 viewsSaintsforeverj

So it's only 5 days until the season starts. Got my tickets and advanced saver train tickets! Glad they chose not to strike on the first day of the PL season. Who else is going? Ready for the metal detectors and ten lines of security? We are going to Waterloo, then Northumberland Park as it's only 10 minute walk away.

Looking forward to a day in London again, a few drinks before and after. As for the game, Spurs will want revenge from last season and are at home, so I can only predict an opening day defeat. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Spurs v Saints on 08:12 - Aug 1 with 2212 viewssaintwizzler

It will be my first visit to the Tottenham Stadium, whatever it’s called, is the security strict then?
Best to get there a bit early?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Spurs v Saints on 08:24 - Aug 1 with 2199 viewsButty101

Spurs v Saints on 08:12 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

It will be my first visit to the Tottenham Stadium, whatever it’s called, is the security strict then?

Fair play to you chaps, I don’t have your enthusiasm anymore. On paper we look weaker than last season with forester gone.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Spurs v Saints on 08:52 - Aug 1 with 2185 viewskingslandstand1

Get early just to see a glass of ale being filled from a hole in the bottom of the glass!!!

My recollection was 2 security checks, but opening day so they are going to be more officious than normal I guess
Spurs v Saints on 09:59 - Aug 1 with 2146 viewsBuggalugs

Worst ground to get into by far....always issues.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Spurs v Saints on 11:01 - Aug 1 with 2085 viewsSaintNick

Spurs v Saints on 09:59 - Aug 1 by Buggalugs

Worst ground to get into by far....always issues.

Hardest ground to get to in London for us as well

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Spurs v Saints on 11:23 - Aug 1 with 2057 viewsBicester_North

Best to get there minimum 4 hours before kick off and stand on the street singing

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Spurs v Saints on 11:30 - Aug 1 with 2054 viewssaintwizzler

Spurs v Saints on 08:24 - Aug 1 by Butty101

Fair play to you chaps, I don’t have your enthusiasm anymore. On paper we look weaker than last season with forester gone.

I’m only going as it’s the first game and a new ground for me.
No more going to the soulless big six and West Ham.
I’ll watch those games on a stream.
Being in those grounds has zero appeal to me anymore.

Shame Burnley, Watford and Norwich went down as they are good days out.

Forest & Fulham will be good trips.
Bournemouth would of been if it’d been a weekend match.

Spurs v Saints on 14:10 - Aug 1 with 1951 viewsTripleNiemi

Was a bit like entering Heathrow airport when i went......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs v Saints on 14:13 - Aug 1 with 1948 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yeah, been once before. Definitely leave plenty of time. You can get there by tube to seven sisters, but that tube station is about 30 minute walk away. We are going to overground Northumberland Park, you can also travel overground to White Hart Line, both are much nearer to the ground but you have to change at Liverpool Street I think. I'm sure Nick will post a detailed guide about the ground, to confirm all the options for us all. 😉

The ground is an experience and nothing like a football ground as we know it. It looks like space ship from a distance. It's huge and almost impossible to walk round. There are metal detectors, water fountains, restaurant type sitting areas in the concourses, McDonald's style customer numbers, ordering from a machine and yeah, typical London type security. Inside, it's comfortable with plenty of leg room, very modern as you would expect, but it's safe standing now I think in the away section.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:20]

Spurs v Saints on 14:19 - Aug 1 with 1938 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs v Saints on 08:24 - Aug 1 by Butty101

Patience is wearing thin with the PL and Saints I have admit, but the social element to it, chats on the train, a few drinks and seeing a bit of crazy London, adds to the trip. Away days are good, apart from the result usually! Got £12 return to London each, on the train about a month ago too.

Spurs v Saints on 15:51 - Aug 1 with 1868 viewssaintwizzler

Spurs v Saints on 14:13 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah, been once before. Definitely leave plenty of time. You can get there by tube to seven sisters, but that tube station is about 30 minute walk away. We are going to overground Northumberland Park, you can also travel overground to White Hart Line, both are much nearer to the ground but you have to change at Liverpool Street I think. I'm sure Nick will post a detailed guide about the ground, to confirm all the options for us all. 😉

The ground is an experience and nothing like a football ground as we know it. It looks like space ship from a distance. It's huge and almost impossible to walk round. There are metal detectors, water fountains, restaurant type sitting areas in the concourses, McDonald's style customer numbers, ordering from a machine and yeah, typical London type security. Inside, it's comfortable with plenty of leg room, very modern as you would expect, but it's safe standing now I think in the away section.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:20]

Been several times to the old WHL.
Overground from Liverpool St to Northumberland Park is looking favourite.
Seven Sisters Road is indeed a trek and fûcking rough too.

Spurs v Saints on 22:43 - Aug 2 with 1680 viewssaintwizzler

Still waiting on our 6 tickets to turn up.
Ordered them 4 weeks ago today.
I’ll have to ring if they don’t arrive tomorrow.

New season, same Ticket Office.
They’ll blame Spurs for not sending them out soon enough.

Spurs v Saints on 22:49 - Aug 2 with 1662 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs v Saints on 22:43 - Aug 2 by saintwizzler

Hopeless isn't it. I got mine over the weekend, but have many times not got them in time for.other games. Last season, a few times we had to go to the ticket office at the away club with ID and queue up for duplicates. If they don't arrive by Friday, I would go to St Mary's Friday if you can, and get duplicates rather than trying to get them at Spurs.

Spurs v Saints on 23:19 - Aug 2 with 1640 viewssaintwizzler

Spurs v Saints on 22:49 - Aug 2 by Saintsforeverj

Hopeless isn't it. I got mine over the weekend, but have many times not got them in time for.other games. Last season, a few times we had to go to the ticket office at the away club with ID and queue up for duplicates. If they don't arrive by Friday, I would go to St Mary's Friday if you can, and get duplicates rather than trying to get them at Spurs.

Living 100 miles from St Mary’s and not finishing work till 18:00 means no chance.
I’m sure they’ll arrive…

Spurs v Saints on 07:20 - Aug 3 with 1550 viewsSalisburySaint

Spurs v Saints on 22:43 - Aug 2 by saintwizzler

I’ve not received 4 of the tickets I ordered yet either

I phoned the ticket office Monday, and they said the last batch of tickets was sent out on Friday, after they received the tickets from Spurs Monday July 25th

Hopefully my tickets will arrive today, postal service in Salisbury useless only seem to receive any post every other day, whilst when I sent out London Saints tickets they arrived in London the next day
Spurs v Saints on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 1457 viewsfranniesTache

Spurs v Saints on 15:51 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

Been several times to the old WHL.
Overground from Liverpool St to Northumberland Park is looking favourite.
Seven Sisters Road is indeed a trek and fûcking rough too.

I used to live not far from Seven Sisters and it's changed a fair bit, the High Road can still have it's moments but if you go off the high road a bit it's started to become gentrified and there's some cracking pubs and places to eat.

I think Nick mentioned the Beehive in his article but that's a great pub with a really good beer garden and beers on tap from the local redemption and truman breweries.

Closer to seven sisters but away from the station is True Craft, which is a cracking little craft beer pub that does good pizza.

On the walk from seven sister tube up you also have the High Cross which is another craft beer pub and actually inside a 1920's public toilet building.

Closer to the ground you have the Blue Coats and near Bruce Castle the Antwerp. I've got no idea if the Blue Coats is home fans only on match days but it's decent and does good food too.

There's also a really nice pub a little up from Tottenham Hale station with a big beer garden on the side of the river Lea that's about a half hour walk to the ground and the walk actually takes you past beavertown brewery.

And if people want a bit more out the way there's the Blackhorse beer mile the other side of the Lea/Wetlands

https://www.blackhorsebeermile.co.uk/

Also for the person saying they're doing it for the first time instead of corporate places like the London stadium... well yeah you're in for a shock there then, because it's just like them.

Edit to add: Probably sensible to avoid the Two Brewers if you are heading from Seven Sisters as it's their main pub
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 13:02]
Spurs v Saints on 13:30 - Aug 3 with 1429 viewssaintwizzler

Spurs v Saints on 12:59 - Aug 3 by franniesTache

I used to live not far from Seven Sisters and it's changed a fair bit, the High Road can still have it's moments but if you go off the high road a bit it's started to become gentrified and there's some cracking pubs and places to eat.

I think Nick mentioned the Beehive in his article but that's a great pub with a really good beer garden and beers on tap from the local redemption and truman breweries.

Closer to seven sisters but away from the station is True Craft, which is a cracking little craft beer pub that does good pizza.

On the walk from seven sister tube up you also have the High Cross which is another craft beer pub and actually inside a 1920's public toilet building.

Closer to the ground you have the Blue Coats and near Bruce Castle the Antwerp. I've got no idea if the Blue Coats is home fans only on match days but it's decent and does good food too.

There's also a really nice pub a little up from Tottenham Hale station with a big beer garden on the side of the river Lea that's about a half hour walk to the ground and the walk actually takes you past beavertown brewery.

And if people want a bit more out the way there's the Blackhorse beer mile the other side of the Lea/Wetlands

https://www.blackhorsebeermile.co.uk/

Also for the person saying they're doing it for the first time instead of corporate places like the London stadium... well yeah you're in for a shock there then, because it's just like them.

Edit to add: Probably sensible to avoid the Two Brewers if you are heading from Seven Sisters as it's their main pub
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 13:02]

Been in The Beehive a few times.
Nice place.

Just need our match tickets to turn up now.
Still nothing today.
I’ll have to ring the clowns tomorrow morning.

Spurs v Saints on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 1408 viewsElijahK

Spurs v Saints on 13:30 - Aug 3 by saintwizzler

Been in The Beehive a few times.
Nice place.

Just need our match tickets to turn up now.
Still nothing today.
I’ll have to ring the clowns tomorrow morning.

Oh unlucky, mine and a few mates arrived back on Monday so somethings certainly happened with yours then I guess

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Spurs v Saints on 12:24 - Aug 4 with 1244 viewssaintwizzler

Match Tickets have arrived.

WE MARCH ON BOLDLY AND BRAVELY

Spurs v Saints on 15:39 - Aug 4 with 1189 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs v Saints on 12:24 - Aug 4 by saintwizzler

Match Tickets have arrived.

WE MARCH ON BOLDLY AND BRAVELY

Good, enjoy the game hopefully.

Spurs v Saints on 22:45 - Aug 4 with 1124 viewshedgeend61

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/m3-surrey-closed-weekend-24648580

Just seen this for anyone driving Saturday, M3 northbound closed between 4 and 3, chaos
Spurs v Saints on 07:56 - Aug 5 with 1005 viewsdirk_doone

I see Kane is on form and judging from how thin our ex-player looks in this picture, Spurs' pre-season training may have been more strenuous than ours.

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/former-celtic-hero-gets-the-last-laugh-after-hos

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Spurs v Saints on 08:21 - Aug 5 with 979 viewsSalisburySaint

Spurs v Saints on 07:20 - Aug 3 by SalisburySaint

I’ve not received 4 of the tickets I ordered yet either

I phoned the ticket office Monday, and they said the last batch of tickets was sent out on Friday, after they received the tickets from Spurs Monday July 25th

Hopefully my tickets will arrive today, postal service in Salisbury useless only seem to receive any post every other day, whilst when I sent out London Saints tickets they arrived in London the next day

Tickets turned up yesterday

Antwerp is a good shout been going there for years good mix of home and away fans no trouble and 10mins walk from ground
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024