Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Arsenal Game 10:36 - Oct 24 with 1742 viewsSaintNick

1. The closure of block 1 has only lost about 250 seats and hasn't diluted the atmosphere in that corner, just moved everyone over a block.

2. There was no real anti Hasenhuttl abuse, in fact everyone got behind the team

3.The rain as we left the ground was of biblical proportions, possibly the wrath of God on Moi Elyounoussi for stopping Jesus from scoring

4. The catering and bars are chaotic at half time, they have not learned any lessons in getting things ready for the half time rush

5. Why do stewards insist on walking up and down the aisles during the match, they must do it every 10 minutes and it obscures the view, with CCTV these days what is the point

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:36 - Oct 24 with 1630 views1885_SFC

Point 3 will never equal that night at Derby away in the play-offs. Walking (swimming) back to the car, I saw some old bearded bloke gather 2 pet dogs, 2 cats, 2 pet bunny rabbits...

Old School is Cool

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:41 - Oct 24 with 1618 viewsSouthamptonfan

Arsenal fans turning up at the home gates with Arsenal shirts on, told to cover up but still let in by the stewards. Chaos after their first goal when they jump up and cheer in our f@cking face in block 35.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 12:13 - Oct 24 with 1557 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:41 - Oct 24 by Southamptonfan

Arsenal fans turning up at the home gates with Arsenal shirts on, told to cover up but still let in by the stewards. Chaos after their first goal when they jump up and cheer in our f@cking face in block 35.

They kicked them out though didnt they

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 1548 viewssaints__fan__73

There was no real abuse from the fans in the first half as there was total silence from them. Even the standard 'can we sing a song for you?' from the Arsenal fans was met with stony silence.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 13:03 - Oct 24 with 1451 viewsBerber

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:41 - Oct 24 by Southamptonfan

There were some others too, but tried hard to applaud when we did, and not too ebullient when they scored.
5 Things From Arsenal Game on 13:20 - Oct 24 with 1418 viewsSouthamptonfan

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 12:13 - Oct 24 by SaintNick

They kicked them out though didnt they

They had to, otherwise there would have been a riot. But wouldn't it just be easier to not allow access to obvious Arsenal fans wearing shirts at the gate? Reduce the possibility of injury and disorder? I'm talking about stewards yes stopping Arsenal fans at the gate and asking them to remove their colours, but still letting them in, knowing they were breaking f@cking club policy! It is club policy that tickets in the home end are for home fans only is it not? It was even on the cub website before the game as if they were expecting it. But it wasn't enforced, until it kicks off. Why not prevent injury and disorder in the first place, rather than keep reacting to it?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 13:22]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 14:03 - Oct 24 with 1362 viewsdwayne_dibley

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:36 - Oct 24 by 1885_SFC

Point 3 will never equal that night at Derby away in the play-offs. Walking (swimming) back to the car, I saw some old bearded bloke gather 2 pet dogs, 2 cats, 2 pet bunny rabbits...

remember that night and the Derby t0ssers closed the bar very early

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 15:37 - Oct 24 with 1295 viewskingslandstand1

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 11:36 - Oct 24 by 1885_SFC

What about the Leicester debacle? Just about summed up that Friday evening!
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 15:42 - Oct 24 with 1288 viewskingslandstand1

Yet again the super dooper shiny screens in the stadium only showing adverts we don't want to look at, if at all during play.

What happened to the days when if someone moved along in the row front of you (why FFS) it wasn't quite as much a pain in the arris as you could quickly look up at the screen for a bit of a clue as to what was happening. Or at least have the teams up there so that we can at least see who the opposition players are (and also with the number of new players we have it would be handy at times!)
5 Things From Arsenal Game on 17:10 - Oct 24 with 1210 viewsdarthvader

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 13:03 - Oct 24 by Berber

There were some others too, but tried hard to applaud when we did, and not too ebullient when they scored.

Ebullient.. I'm not knowing this 'ere word. What means this? Does it mean they didn't jump about much at all ?

keep the faith coyr

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:50 - Oct 24 with 1125 viewsTimSaint

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 15:37 - Oct 24 by kingslandstand1

What about the Leicester debacle? Just about summed up that Friday evening!

I was waiting for the weather to change during THAT game, so I could leave early - but it didn't and I saw all 9 go in !!

I remember a Cup match away to Port Vale in the early 90's being particularly wet. So bad in fact that my cousin stepped in a puddle on the way to the ground and the water went over his ankle !! It was the game we lost 1-0 and Tommy Widdrington got sent off.

Seem to remember gettiing soaked when Le Tiss scored a hat trick against Leicester in about 1987 ?

TimSaint

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:56 - Oct 24 with 1118 views1885_SFC

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:50 - Oct 24 by TimSaint

I was waiting for the weather to change during THAT game, so I could leave early - but it didn't and I saw all 9 go in !!

I remember a Cup match away to Port Vale in the early 90's being particularly wet. So bad in fact that my cousin stepped in a puddle on the way to the ground and the water went over his ankle !! It was the game we lost 1-0 and Tommy Widdrington got sent off.

Seem to remember gettiing soaked when Le Tiss scored a hat trick against Leicester in about 1987 ?

I traveled to Leicester away in the early 80's and it never stopped raining all day. Needless to say the game was abandoned after about 10/15 minutes or so. Horrendous.

Old School is Cool

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:58 - Oct 24 with 1107 viewsgrumpy

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:56 - Oct 24 by 1885_SFC

I traveled to Leicester away in the early 80's and it never stopped raining all day. Needless to say the game was abandoned after about 10/15 minutes or so. Horrendous.

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 20:50 - Oct 24 with 1020 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Arsenal Game on 18:56 - Oct 24 by 1885_SFC

I got in late to that game, the toilet was at the back of the away end then and I took a brief glance at the game and went in the gents when I came out they were trudging off the pitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024