Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Government daily briefing 5pm 17:10 - May 20 with 1784 viewsSteveMoron

Where is Boris? Surely he needs to lead one or two of them.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 17:29 - May 20 with 1453 viewsWints76

Especially as today they seem to have got Martin from Game On to host it.

But you are right, I think it should only be a couple of times a week now, but have Johnson hosting it. It loses impact otherwise. I am no fan of the PM, but I thought being a figure head and a supposed new Churchill, this would be his forte
Government daily briefing 5pm on 18:08 - May 20 with 1412 viewsSadoldgit

Cummings has probably advised Johnson on social distancing to try and keep his popularity figures high. He needs to be 2 miles from Keir Starmer or anyone else likely to ask him pesky questions.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 18:37 - May 20 with 1395 viewsgrumpy

At PM Question time today it looked like they had to drag Boris out of bed.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 19:10 - May 20 with 1379 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Government daily briefing 5pm on 17:29 - May 20 by Wints76

Especially as today they seem to have got Martin from Game On to host it.

But you are right, I think it should only be a couple of times a week now, but have Johnson hosting it. It loses impact otherwise. I am no fan of the PM, but I thought being a figure head and a supposed new Churchill, this would be his forte

hahahahahaha, Martin from Game On ... that is EXACTLY what we said, brilliant!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Government daily briefing 5pm on 19:36 - May 20 with 1355 viewsWints76

Government daily briefing 5pm on 19:10 - May 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

hahahahahaha, Martin from Game On ... that is EXACTLY what we said, brilliant!

I hope you kept shouting 'TEA, Martin' and confusing your lad like we did with ours
Government daily briefing 5pm on 21:54 - May 20 with 1285 viewssaint22

Our pathetic ‘leader’ has vanished
I have posted about this before rolling out these no marks to do his dirty work
Stay away Shirk Blame Pass Buck
Government daily briefing 5pm on 21:56 - May 20 with 1283 viewssaint22

Good god the digital sport media secretary!!?? Do me a favour
Like how he said they have announced an emergency care home package
Yeah bit fkn late for that
Government daily briefing 5pm on 23:44 - May 20 with 1243 viewsBicester_North

Government daily briefing 5pm on 21:56 - May 20 by saint22

Good god the digital sport media secretary!!?? Do me a favour
Like how he said they have announced an emergency care home package
Yeah bit fkn late for that

Very fkn worrying Ben. Geddit!!??

Good gad

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Government daily briefing 5pm on 23:45 - May 20 with 1244 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Government daily briefing 5pm on 19:36 - May 20 by Wints76

I hope you kept shouting 'TEA, Martin' and confusing your lad like we did with ours

TEA, martin. In the hand.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 23:48 - May 20 with 1243 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Government daily briefing 5pm on 21:54 - May 20 by saint22

Our pathetic ‘leader’ has vanished
I have posted about this before rolling out these no marks to do his dirty work
Stay away Shirk Blame Pass Buck

Someone else said this, but it's now obvious he's been told to take a back seat, so people like Hancock and Raab can get "blamed" for whatever comes up. the only other thought I had is that maybe he's still recovering? We've got a bloke on my team at work who had it and whilst not to the degree Boris did, he's still a bit f**ked in the chest occasionally.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 09:28 - May 21 with 1173 viewsSaintNick

Government daily briefing 5pm on 23:48 - May 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Someone else said this, but it's now obvious he's been told to take a back seat, so people like Hancock and Raab can get "blamed" for whatever comes up. the only other thought I had is that maybe he's still recovering? We've got a bloke on my team at work who had it and whilst not to the degree Boris did, he's still a bit f**ked in the chest occasionally.

I think you have a point with Boris, he cant be fully recovered yet, I think they are also rolling out the other people to take the heat off him not just health wise but from the point his style sometimes isnt suited to the seriousness of the issues.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Government daily briefing 5pm on 09:46 - May 21 with 1159 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Government daily briefing 5pm on 09:28 - May 21 by SaintNick

I think you have a point with Boris, he cant be fully recovered yet, I think they are also rolling out the other people to take the heat off him not just health wise but from the point his style sometimes isnt suited to the seriousness of the issues.

On the latter part - yes I agree, his style isn't always suited, but being devil's advocate for a minute, isn't that what people demand from their leaders?

I mean Trump is consistently wrong but at least he's always out there blabbering away.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 09:51 - May 21 with 1158 viewsSaintNick

Government daily briefing 5pm on 09:46 - May 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

On the latter part - yes I agree, his style isn't always suited, but being devil's advocate for a minute, isn't that what people demand from their leaders?

I mean Trump is consistently wrong but at least he's always out there blabbering away.

I see your point, I think that it at least sows Boris is listening to his advisors who probably know that he is not always the best man in a sensitive situation, I think it is a deliberate ploy to try and keep him fro saying too much that can be attacked

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:08 - May 21 with 1142 viewssaint22

If he isn't suited to dealing with serious issues why on earth did people elect him to lead the country??
ffs its astonishing how people excuse him
Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:21 - May 21 with 1135 viewsDorsetIan

One of the big difficulties is who do the govt have who does have the gravitas to deal with 'serious' issues.

Home Secretary - complete moron
Foreign Secretary - rabbit in headlights, awkward, oily
Gove - super shifty, lies for his breakfast
Hancock - not bad but now stressed and cross most of the time (unsurprisingly)
Jenrick - sixth form prefect

Probably the only senior one who isn't yet tainted is Sunak. He still comes across as a serious politician.

The tragedy is that this lot were elected BECAUSE they weren't serious. Because the country was simply impatient to 'get Brexit done' and had given up caring about the details, which they thought would sort themselves out.

Precisely the wrong bunch of people to now be dealing with the most serious issues imaginable.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 10:24]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:40 - May 21 with 1118 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:21 - May 21 by DorsetIan

One of the big difficulties is who do the govt have who does have the gravitas to deal with 'serious' issues.

Probably the only senior one who isn't yet tainted is Sunak. He still comes across as a serious politician.

The tragedy is that this lot were elected BECAUSE they weren't serious. Because the country was simply impatient to 'get Brexit done' and had given up caring about the details, which they thought would sort themselves out.

Precisely the wrong bunch of people to now be dealing with the most serious issues imaginable.

On the flip side though DorsetIan, I don't think any other government would've done better - at the end of the day, this country is capitalist and relies on a solid economy, I don't think any other party would risk the country falling to pieces.

Not saying it's right, but I just think the outcome will always have been the same - the balance between health and a collapsed economy.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:43 - May 21 with 1112 viewsSalisburySaint

Fair point if he is still sick at working currently at 50%, but why not let us know this is the case.

The problem is he has a poor track record, he often went missing in the three months before he got ill, so makes you wonder if he still ill/recovering or just hiding.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 11:05 - May 21 with 1102 viewsSadoldgit

He was ok when he bottled the Andrew Neil interview and also when he hid in the fridge. Many of his previous employers made the point previously that he wasn’t fit to be PM and sadly we are seeing the proof first hand.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 11:26 - May 21 with 1096 viewsSadoldgit

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:21 - May 21 by DorsetIan

I agree almost 100% with this Ian. The only think I disagree with is that I think Hancock is another lightweight and the reason he is so cross is because he is clearly out of his depth and he probably feels he is being set up as the fall guy. There are some big hitters left in the Tory Party and Johnson would have done himself a big favour if he had changed the cabinet specifically to deal with the pandemic. Even the car crash of a minister Jeremy Hunt has shown he has a better idea of what to do than Hancock. What is so depressing about this is the projected number of lives that could have potentially been saved if they had locked down just a little sooner. It wasn’t as if they couldn’t see what had happened elsewhere. Screwing up the economy or the Brexit negotiations is one thing, being responsible for thousands of preventable deaths another.
Government daily briefing 5pm on 11:33 - May 21 with 1095 viewsDorsetIan

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:40 - May 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

On the flip side though DorsetIan, I don't think any other government would've done better - at the end of the day, this country is capitalist and relies on a solid economy, I don't think any other party would risk the country falling to pieces.

Not saying it's right, but I just think the outcome will always have been the same - the balance between health and a collapsed economy.

You might be right but I watched Gordon Brown on the TV the other day and for all that he was a dour, boring, strange individual, there was much more of sense that he was a serious, competent politician. I don't remember our response to the financial crisis feeling quite so random and chaotic.

If there had been an open selection process to choose the best people to lead us through this, I just don't think we would have picked this lot.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 12:18 - May 21 with 1080 views1teeminants

Government daily briefing 5pm on 10:08 - May 21 by saint22

If he isn't suited to dealing with serious issues why on earth did people elect him to lead the country??
ffs its astonishing how people excuse him

Maybe they didn’t want car crash Jeremy Corbyn in charge running the country, I certainly didn’t . How Labour ever thought they had a chance with him in charge is beyond me . I see his brother got arrested the other day at one of these anti lockdown rallies . Pathetic .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Government daily briefing 5pm on 12:48 - May 21 with 1063 viewsVagina_Dentata

Government daily briefing 5pm on 11:33 - May 21 by DorsetIan

You might be right but I watched Gordon Brown on the TV the other day and for all that he was a dour, boring, strange individual, there was much more of sense that he was a serious, competent politician. I don't remember our response to the financial crisis feeling quite so random and chaotic.

If there had been an open selection process to choose the best people to lead us through this, I just don't think we would have picked this lot.

The Claude Puel of politics.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 13:23 - May 21 with 1041 viewsDorsetIan

Government daily briefing 5pm on 12:48 - May 21 by Vagina_Dentata

The Claude Puel of politics.

Exactly. He'd be good now too.

Just been listening to Nicola Sturgeon's corona relaxation announcement. Straightforward, clear, non-patronising. It's really not that difficult.

Government daily briefing 5pm on 14:15 - May 21 with 1017 viewsJaySaint

Government daily briefing 5pm on 13:23 - May 21 by DorsetIan

Exactly. He'd be good now too.

Just been listening to Nicola Sturgeon's corona relaxation announcement. Straightforward, clear, non-patronising. It's really not that difficult.

one thing is for sure, Sturgeon has delivered for scotland

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Government daily briefing 5pm on 07:21 - May 22 with 942 viewssaint22

Only, Boris doesn’t do press briefings any more. Or anything much. Can’t be arsed. Why should the prime minister explain anything to anyone during the worst health crisis in 100 years? It was a nice afternoon, he was about to go on a 10-day Whitsun break with Carrie, Dilyn the dog and some baby that had mysteriously appeared in Downing Street, and he could do without the hassle. And it had been a whole two months since he’d taken 10 days off right at the beginning of the pandemic. In any case, he’d already had coronavirus, so he was just fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024