Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph's Win Ratio 21:12 - Sep 4 with 1186 viewsSaintNick

It actually isn't bad, 165 games and 35.15% if you compare it to other Saints managers in the Premier League era's it stands up well.

Gordon Strachan 35.45 %
Alan Ball 32.84%
Mauricio Pochettino 38.33
Ronald Koeman 48.35
Clause Puel 37..74%
Glenn Hoddle 42.31 %

The rest are much lower

So be careful what you wish for when you consider the job Ralph has done

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph's Win Ratio on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 1146 viewsSaintsforeverj

The PL is a very difficult league. You need investment in the team and some talent on the pitch. Rogers is finding that at Leicester. We don't like him, but he has always been considered as a good manager. Not now he doesn't have millions to spend on the team. Klopp and Pep would find the same if they had poor players. People all said about the Forest manager being great. He isn't so great now, and he has also spent over 100 million on 22 new players. I fear for Forest actually with 22 new players who don't know each other and he won't know his best team. It's a tough league. Brentford have done well, but they are the only example really arn't they. We shall see what the score is when we play them next. If we beat them, we overtake them. The nine nils are very unfortunate and a real blot on his time as manager but I think Ralph has all in all, done a decent job, considering the atmosphere and difficulties under Gao.

My favourite manager was actually Koeman, as he was ambitious, demanding and we played some direct stuff which won games. He did however have Mane, Pelle, Tadic, VD, Fonte, Alderwerald. At Everton and Barcelona, he was rubbish, so it's swings and roundabouts, it seems.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 22:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 23:51 - Sep 4 with 1069 viewsPatfromPoole

Surprised that Hoddle’s win percentage is notably higher than Strachan.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 00:03 - Sep 5 with 1061 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph's Win Ratio on 23:51 - Sep 4 by PatfromPoole

Surprised that Hoddle’s win percentage is notably higher than Strachan.

Hoddle was a decent manager but not particularly likeable. Also, he wasn't at Saints very long, so it distorts the percentages. I liked Strachan very much, but he had a similar win percentage to Ralph. I like Ralph. I feel he genuinely cares for the team I support. He makes mistakes and wouldn't argue with those who point out his flaws. But I've seen enough in years of supporting Saints, to know a good egg.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 05:35 - Sep 5 with 994 viewssaintwizzler

Hassenhüttl’s Premier League win ratio is 32.17%

I said give him till after the Villa game and see where we are 8 games in.
I doubt we will be in the bottom 3 at that point, so yes he is doing his job.
Keeping us in the league.
Let’s look again after we go to the shithole that is Anfield and we stop for The World Cup.

Wether the new owners expectations are more than keeping us in the league is unknown.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 08:42 - Sep 5 with 875 viewsSaintNick

Ralph's Win Ratio on 05:35 - Sep 5 by saintwizzler

Hassenhüttl’s Premier League win ratio is 32.17%

I said give him till after the Villa game and see where we are 8 games in.
I doubt we will be in the bottom 3 at that point, so yes he is doing his job.
Keeping us in the league.
Let’s look again after we go to the shithole that is Anfield and we stop for The World Cup.

Wether the new owners expectations are more than keeping us in the league is unknown.

Stats can be twisted around Stuart H in his twitter feed says its the old same old, 10 goals in 6 games, but given that 4 were conceded in the first game, it's only 6 conceded in the last 5 and if I want to twist things further 4 in the last 4.

If we follow Stuarts logic but take out the Spurs game then we will conceded 1.20 goals, take out the Leeds game and the last 4 have seen us average just a goal a game conceded

We have sorted out the defensive issues to a degree, so now we need to sort out the scoring problem .

You are right it is about what is done over a season and it needs to be monitored at given point's to see where we are.

How many teams go out at the start of each season with a realistic chance of winning something, the answer is probably 6, with a wildcard that has been Leicester in recent seasons but will now be Newcastle.

So that leaves at least 13 clubs who may have aspirations, but at the end of the day it is all about staying in the league and playing for league position prize money.

Take a look retrospectively at FA Cup finals, outside of the big six there have been just 4 winners since Wimbledon won in 1988, that is 35 years and it has been dominated.

League cup is a little better up to 2002, but in the past 20 years outside of the big six just 3 winners the last of which was in 2013.

So truth is most clubs have not much more realistic expectations than being the best of the rest in 8th or 9th.

The new owners are trying to build a sustainable club, perhaps in the hope that come the European Super League when those clubs leave the Premier League behind, we will be well placed to benefit.

In the meantime they see Ralph as a manager who has kept a club with no investment from owners over the past few years and a pandemic than means our commercial & gate receipt money has dropped in the Premier League comfortably.

They bought the club supposedly as it already had the foundations in place, managers ultimately carry the can, but it is not always completely their fault, Che Adams missed perhaps the worst chance I have seen a Saints player miss on Saturday, we score that and the game changes and we get a point and Ralph isn't being questioned

Ralph's Win Ratio on 09:19 - Sep 5 with 848 viewssaintwizzler

I’m thinking the owners will want a greater ROI than getting to 40 points and going on holiday.
Is Hassenhüttl the man to fire some fûcks into the players to push them on?
We will see.
Conceding 60+ goals every season has to stop too.

3 winnable games up next, over to you boys!!

Ralph's Win Ratio on 09:28 - Sep 5 with 830 viewsButty101

Give Ralph this season, we were the 9th biggest spenders in the summer, 16th and 60+ goals wont cut it. Another big spanking and he should go straight away.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 10:01 - Sep 5 with 785 viewsSaintNick

Ralph's Win Ratio on 09:28 - Sep 5 by Butty101

Give Ralph this season, we were the 9th biggest spenders in the summer, 16th and 60+ goals wont cut it. Another big spanking and he should go straight away.

No one is saying he should be the manager for evermore, all I have ever agued is that keeping us in the Premier League for the last 3 1/2 seasons with no real budget, he should be given the chance to show that he can improve us when he has money spent

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph's Win Ratio on 10:37 - Sep 5 with 767 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph's Win Ratio on 10:01 - Sep 5 by SaintNick

No one is saying he should be the manager for evermore, all I have ever agued is that keeping us in the Premier League for the last 3 1/2 seasons with no real budget, he should be given the chance to show that he can improve us when he has money spent

Concentrating on wins gives only a partial picture. If you look at losses and points/game...

Plyd L % Pts Pts/Plyd
Mauricio Pochettino 60 19 32% 87 1.45
Ronald Koeman 91 30 33% 149 1.64
Claude Puel 53 20 38% 73 1.38
Mauricio Pellegrino 34 13 38% 37 1.09
Mark Hughes 27 12 44% 25 0.93
Ralph Hasenhüttl 165 68 41% 213 1.29

You can see that only Hughes has a worse loss percentage, and only Hughes and Pellegrino fewer points per game.

The main thing about Ralph, as we all know, is complete inconsistency. He might win a reasonable number of games but he loses a boat load too.

And the inconsistency is a problem because it means that there is no sense that the team is ever improving.

Much of it is down to Gao, but between then Gao and Ralph have kept Saints treading water for 3 1/2 years.

That's what he needs to shake - that sense of inconsistency. He needs to show that he can build a team that can put in the same level of performance week in week out.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph's Win Ratio on 12:10 - Sep 5 with 712 viewsBerber

A trip to Wembley and staying in the PL has to count as success for any club outside the top 6. That has to be better odds than a top half finish.
Ralph's Win Ratio on 12:38 - Sep 5 with 695 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph's Win Ratio on 12:10 - Sep 5 by Berber

A trip to Wembley and staying in the PL has to count as success for any club outside the top 6. That has to be better odds than a top half finish.

Wembley for a final, yes.

Ralph's Win Ratio on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 672 viewsTripleNiemi

When you compare it with WGS there is nothing in it, and for Puels’ reign to be slightly higher I know who I would rather have even considering the cup final appearance. Ralph over Claude everyday of the week. Never forgive that bloke for the Europa debacle against Hapoel Beer Sheva

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024