Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Germany Matchday Thread 10:10 - Jun 29 with 3012 viewsSaintNick

Who is excited and who doesn't care, certainly England have a good chance in this tournament if they can get past the Germans tonight

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 10:23 - Jun 29 with 1379 viewsDorsetIan

I think I've developed a psychological defence mechanism. My subconscious won't let me get excited about this because been there too many times and the disappointment is just too much.

We can win this but have the group games given us the momentum we need?

Big test for Southgate - it's sh!t or bust in terms of how he and this tournament will be judged.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 10:32 - Jun 29 with 1373 viewssaintwizzler

11.40 train to Marylebone
Walk to The Globe, Baker Street.
Table booked for 1pm
Wembley at 4.30ish
Come on England
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦁🦁🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 10:59 - Jun 29 with 1345 viewsBuenosSaint

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 10:32 - Jun 29 by saintwizzler

11.40 train to Marylebone
Walk to The Globe, Baker Street.
Table booked for 1pm
Wembley at 4.30ish
Come on England
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦁🦁🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Nice. Miss the old smoke. My stag night started in the globe (circle line pub crawl).

Anyway, no harm getting excited. Nothing to lose. After last nights games just need an England to bring everyone back to reality and end this beautiful game nonsense.

What's everyone plans? Kick about with locals followed by pizza and pasta carbonara back at mine. Beer and wine as standard.

Poll: The Long Future

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 11:30 - Jun 29 with 1307 viewssolent_toffee

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 10:23 - Jun 29 by DorsetIan

I think I've developed a psychological defence mechanism. My subconscious won't let me get excited about this because been there too many times and the disappointment is just too much.

We can win this but have the group games given us the momentum we need?

Big test for Southgate - it's sh!t or bust in terms of how he and this tournament will be judged.

I would be looking forward to the game if I didn’t believe Everton are going to announce the appointment of Clown Kecks during the game. Nailed on.

It would be great to see England going through. Southgate is a very likeable manager, albeit I don’t think he’s the best by any stretch. With all that’s going on at the moment it would be brilliant for the country.
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:33 - Jun 29 with 1260 viewsButty101

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 11:30 - Jun 29 by solent_toffee

I would be looking forward to the game if I didn’t believe Everton are going to announce the appointment of Clown Kecks during the game. Nailed on.

It would be great to see England going through. Southgate is a very likeable manager, albeit I don’t think he’s the best by any stretch. With all that’s going on at the moment it would be brilliant for the country.

If we lose tonight, I think Southgate can expect to have a frankfurter attached to his forehead in the papers tomorrow.

I’m not buying it was game management to get through the group. That squad has so much attacking talent that it’s criminal they managed 2 goals so far. What I’ve seen is classic England playing with the breaks on. Let’s hope the breaks are taken off tonight. Although the papers are saying we will switch to a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders ffs

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Jun 29 with 1272 viewsSonicBoom

There are times when you have to suspend all the moaning and just support the team.
If you read the comments below England stories in the media it's all moaning and people saying they hope we lose so we can sack Southgate! Or saying that various players are crap and we are going to be useless and we'll lose to the Belgians anyway.

Jeez, what is the point of following football if that's your attitude. Its England v Germany in the Euros. Football is about games like this, the tension, the misery, the excitement. That is why we love football isn't it ?
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:56 - Jun 29 with 1252 views1885_SFC

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:33 - Jun 29 by Butty101

If we lose tonight, I think Southgate can expect to have a frankfurter attached to his forehead in the papers tomorrow.

I’m not buying it was game management to get through the group. That squad has so much attacking talent that it’s criminal they managed 2 goals so far. What I’ve seen is classic England playing with the breaks on. Let’s hope the breaks are taken off tonight. Although the papers are saying we will switch to a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders ffs

Yep, sounds like a classic Southgate formation... dull as dishwater. Let's hope that by the end of the game - it isn't a case of what could have been.

Southgate is too conservative - too careful - for my liking. He worries too much about conceding goals instead of letting all that attacking strength just do its thing.

We shall see.

Old School is Cool

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 13:15 - Jun 29 with 1231 viewssaint22

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:56 - Jun 29 by 1885_SFC

Yep, sounds like a classic Southgate formation... dull as dishwater. Let's hope that by the end of the game - it isn't a case of what could have been.

Southgate is too conservative - too careful - for my liking. He worries too much about conceding goals instead of letting all that attacking strength just do its thing.

We shall see.

We need to attack them tonight and fight fire with fire
If we sit back we will get beat
Can Southgate do that, I doubt it, he as inspirational as John Major
Login to get fewer ads

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 13:23 - Jun 29 with 1222 viewsSadoldgit

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 12:56 - Jun 29 by 1885_SFC

We shall see.

It has been a breath of fresh air seeing teams attack each other since the start of the knock out stage instead of countless back passes. Wouldn’t it be great to see him throw off the shackles tonight and start with Grealish. Can’t see it happening though.
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Jun 29 with 1151 viewsTimSaint

Will watch it of course, but I am not so worried about the result as usual.
Had my hopes set too highly with England so many times.
The World Cup means more to me than the Euros.
There are no Saints players in the squad.
Haven't been to an England game since Super Ricky Lambert scored v Scotland.

After the goal fest games last night, this will probably be a tight 0-0 and could go to penalties !! :-)

If we win tonight, then obviously the whole country will expect us to win it and start hanging England flags from the front of their houses, wearing England shirts and buying those car window flags (that seem to be making a comeback from Euro 96 !!)

TimSaint

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 15:08 - Jun 29 with 1150 viewsDorsetIan

If we play the Germans off the park with a new found attacking flair, that will be great...

...but Southgate can bore them to defeat for all I care.

All about the win. Not interested in another entertaining defeat.

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jun 29 with 1104 viewscocklebreath

Just seen the team. What can you say? He’s so cautious it’s unreal. 7 defensive outfield players. I hope I’m wrong but that team looks like it won’t score. Sancho, Grealish, Mount, Foden all on the bench

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Jun 29 with 1092 viewssaint22

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jun 29 by cocklebreath

Just seen the team. What can you say? He’s so cautious it’s unreal. 7 defensive outfield players. I hope I’m wrong but that team looks like it won’t score. Sancho, Grealish, Mount, Foden all on the bench

hardly a surprise
dull AF
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Jun 29 with 1095 viewsHeisenberg

Midfield has absolutely no flair. If this goes wrong Southgate will be ripped to shreds. No Foden or Grealish. 7 defensive players.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:17 - Jun 29 with 1065 viewsButty101

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Jun 29 by Heisenberg

Midfield has absolutely no flair. If this goes wrong Southgate will be ripped to shreds. No Foden or Grealish. 7 defensive players.

Jesus what a crap lineup. Maybe we will squeak a 1-0 win or through on pens. But once again it a tepid english mentality.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Jun 29 with 1069 viewsgrumpy

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Jun 29 by Heisenberg

The two most creative players not picked.
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Jun 29 with 1061 viewsgrumpy

We have the players but sadly not the management, put this behind us now.

COME ON ENGLAND
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:35 - Jun 29 with 1056 viewsDorsetIan

Keep the faith everyone. It's a 90 minute game and we've got 5 subs. We can bring on the pace and flair when the Germans are knackered...

...assuming we're not 2 down by then...

And there's a choice of The Chase or Couples Come Dine with me on ITV and C4, if the first half gets too dull to watch.

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:36 - Jun 29 with 1053 viewssolent_toffee

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jun 29 by cocklebreath

No DCL on the bench at all. Seems very strange when they might be chasing the game.
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Jun 29 with 1028 viewsSadoldgit

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Jun 29 by grumpy

Playing for penalties?
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Jun 29 with 1020 viewsdirk_doone

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Jun 29 by grumpy

He plays two average journeymen, Rice and Phillips, against a top class team like Germany when we have Grealish and Foden available. At least he's picked Saka and Shaw so there is some hope.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Jun 29 with 1013 viewssaint22

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

He plays two average journeymen, Rice and Phillips, against a top class team like Germany when we have Grealish and Foden available. At least he's picked Saka and Shaw so there is some hope.

And why are both trippier AND Walker playing
Ffs
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Jun 29 with 1006 viewsSadoldgit

Germany are nothing special yet we have picked a team as if we are playing Brazil. Why oh why don’t we play our best players from the start? We are suppose to build a team around Kane but is he even on the pitch? FFS!
England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Jun 29 with 1006 viewsdirk_doone

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Jun 29 by saint22

And why are both trippier AND Walker playing
Ffs

He's really packed the team with defenders and defensive midfielders. It's certainly not the team that most people would have picked.

Personally, I'd take off Rice and bring on Grealish before the Germans get too comfortable.

But If Southgate scrapes the 1-0 win that he is aiming for then I guess he'll be proved right.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 17:41]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Jun 29 with 999 viewssaint22

England V Germany Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

He's really packed the team with defenders and defensive midfielders. It's certainly not the team that most people would have picked.

Personally, I'd take off Rice and bring on Grealish before the Germans get too comfortable.

But If Southgate scrapes the 1-0 win that he is aiming for then I guess he'll be proved right.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 17:41]

Did someone say Harry Kane was playing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024