Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breath of fresh air 20:39 - Jan 27 with 1826 viewsfishman

Been watching the Scunny Vs Fleetwood game ,and i thought somethings missing ?
What could it be ,not to much in the way of outstanding skill ,or free flowing football ,having said that i have seen a lot worse
Then it dawned on me
Players actually going into challenges 50/50 tackles,and just getting on with it ,no slight nudge and over you go thing ,shirt pulling here there and everywhere ,and of course the rugby scrum at corner kicks ,forgotten what it used to be like in the old days
Not saying i would swap where we are for a second ,but it dont half get on my nerves these days with all the play acting [yes i know all about Chico]
Breath of fresh air on 20:41 - Jan 27 with 1805 viewsJackFish

I watched Newport a few times last season as I worked down in Cwmbran, and I thought the same. The football's obviously nowhere near the standard we're used to now, but far less play acting and much more players going into everything fully committed.
Breath of fresh air on 20:50 - Jan 27 with 1762 viewsswancity

Breath of fresh air on 20:41 - Jan 27 by JackFish

I watched Newport a few times last season as I worked down in Cwmbran, and I thought the same. The football's obviously nowhere near the standard we're used to now, but far less play acting and much more players going into everything fully committed.

Yes and lower the standard the more bad tackles going unpunished you will see. If that's what turns you on. If so, you would love it at Cwmbwrla park or mynydd newydd.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Breath of fresh air on 20:54 - Jan 27 with 1728 viewsfishman

Played Swansea senior league for 21 yrs ,seen the good ,bad and downright ugly
Breath of fresh air on 21:00 - Jan 27 with 1696 viewsswancity

Breath of fresh air on 20:54 - Jan 27 by fishman

Played Swansea senior league for 21 yrs ,seen the good ,bad and downright ugly

Yes me too, for 26 seasons, it's a tough league.

Most games would end as five a side with football league rules and officials.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Breath of fresh air on 01:43 - Jan 28 with 1538 views_Kieran

Cwmbwrla Park barmy army!

Was out and about during the height of summer, practically empty, who's going to be the new John Charles then?

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Breath of fresh air on 08:47 - Jan 28 with 1467 viewstomdickharry

Breath of fresh air on 20:50 - Jan 27 by swancity

Yes and lower the standard the more bad tackles going unpunished you will see. If that's what turns you on. If so, you would love it at Cwmbwrla park or mynydd newydd.

Especially Sunday League Division 3 on a cold wet February Sunday morning,no gloves,short sleeve shirts and the first aid(if any) cold bottle of water.
On a side note that 20 left back of Fleetwood Charlie Taylor looked a very promising player on loan from Leeds,will keep an eye on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024