Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm 18:07 - Jul 7 with 18004 viewseddie71

Danel Levy hopes to exploit Swansea's interest in taking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson back to Wales, but he will need to increase his offer - particularly if Spurs hope to land goalkeeper Michel Vorm as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10951372/Totte
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:26 - Jul 8 with 2424 viewsmysonsarejacks

How come this has turned into "Drag up any tiny negative point from years ago". Helpful.

When Leon left the whole stadium gave him a standing ovation. Pretty much everyone knew that there was problems with Sousa & Leon. Yes - money is of course a factor, but how many teams approach players that are unhappy (Napoli??)

Pointless conversation.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:28 - Jul 8 with 2417 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:14 - Jul 8 by NeathJack

So far today you've posted that Garry Monk wormed his way into the managers job and Leon Britton came crawling back.

If you are a genuine Swansea City fan then Brazil are in the world cup final.

I'll say this. A good while back there was a Cardiff fan on AAMB that wanted Roath Magic banned from their board, and swore if it wasn't done then he would come here and make up various usernames and pretend to be a Swans fan. It was about the same time that 'Dwight' appeared here. Just an observation like!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 06:57 - Jul 9 with 2287 viewsAnotherJohn

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:08 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Yes, I am being consistent and saying all players move for money whoever they are, and whether they are coming or going from the Swans.

Just out of interest do people think Michu is leaving because of money? It is beginning to look like departure is indeed in everybody's best interests, but it seems ironical that a player who is attracting harsh criticism from some is probably not among the most money-obsessed of the bunch.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 11:36 - Jul 9 with 2110 viewsJokeren1943

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 06:57 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

Just out of interest do people think Michu is leaving because of money? It is beginning to look like departure is indeed in everybody's best interests, but it seems ironical that a player who is attracting harsh criticism from some is probably not among the most money-obsessed of the bunch.

Michu could have earned much more, changing to another club after his first PL season - but a quote from spring 2013 to Laudrup - If you gonna stay, I will stay too.

Michu allways give 120 % in each game - to that he deserve all the respect we can give him.

I think Michu generally was very angry Laudrup was sacked. Laudrup started Michu international career - and built a PL team around him. As a Southern European Michu is very passionate both inside the field and outside - just think he has lost his passion for the club.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 11:43]
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:38 - Jul 9 with 2009 viewsStarsky

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 11:36 - Jul 9 by Jokeren1943

Michu could have earned much more, changing to another club after his first PL season - but a quote from spring 2013 to Laudrup - If you gonna stay, I will stay too.

Michu allways give 120 % in each game - to that he deserve all the respect we can give him.

I think Michu generally was very angry Laudrup was sacked. Laudrup started Michu international career - and built a PL team around him. As a Southern European Michu is very passionate both inside the field and outside - just think he has lost his passion for the club.

Once he lost his passion for our club he was eventually going through the motions. That shows a lack of respect for the fans who idolised him.
Laudrup also didn't look after him on the pitch did he?

It's just the internet, init.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:46 - Jul 9 with 1980 viewsJokeren1943

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:38 - Jul 9 by Starsky

Once he lost his passion for our club he was eventually going through the motions. That shows a lack of respect for the fans who idolised him.

Before, during and after Laudrup was sacked this spring, Michu was injured. He played 2-3 games when Monk became manager and he was clearly still injured

Michu is a grown man, he can look after himselves - was neither Laudrup or Monks fault that it took so long for Michu to recover from his injuries.

It is less then 9 month ago in the autumn 2013, when Michu got blood on his shirt, but just wanted to get on the field to help his teammates - I have rarely seen a player in football ever, who was so commited as Michu.

Memory is short.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 12:56]
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:48 - Jul 9 with 1971 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:38 - Jul 9 by Starsky

Don't expect anything else than a "Laudrup has been wronged" response . Some are never going to stop fighting his corner for him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:38 - Jul 9 with 1877 viewslondonlisa2001

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 11:36 - Jul 9 by Jokeren1943

120% - we were lucky last season if we saw much more than 20% in a lot of games.

Michu had a wonderful first season with us - absolutely wonderful and it was a joy to behold.

But let's not pretend that last season was much more than an injured / part injured / not injured anymore (who knows) player going through the motions and picking up the best part of £40k per week for doing so.

I don't give a toss if Michu was angry that Laudrup was sacked - he should grow up, realise that he's paid an incredible amount of money, stop sulking and bloody get on with it.

This club made him - he should remember that (yes, yes, I know he did well in Spain, but we were the only club prepared to even pay £2m for him - we made him).

If he's been given time to sort this all out, then fine. If he's refusing to report back, then I hope we fine him. If he comes back and plays then great - let's move on. If he is transferred and it suits us then great - let's move on. If he can't get a deal that suits us and continues to act like a small child, then put him in the reserves, and everytime he misses training / anything else, then fine him.

As a Southern European he can be professional in exactly the same way as a Northern European / Welsh /English / anything else. This isn't a charity - he's a very very well paid player and I can't believe anyone would excuse him if he doesn't do exactly what is required of him by his employer.
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:50 - Jul 9 with 1860 viewsUxbridge

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:38 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

120% - we were lucky last season if we saw much more than 20% in a lot of games.

Michu had a wonderful first season with us - absolutely wonderful and it was a joy to behold.

But let's not pretend that last season was much more than an injured / part injured / not injured anymore (who knows) player going through the motions and picking up the best part of £40k per week for doing so.

I don't give a toss if Michu was angry that Laudrup was sacked - he should grow up, realise that he's paid an incredible amount of money, stop sulking and bloody get on with it.

This club made him - he should remember that (yes, yes, I know he did well in Spain, but we were the only club prepared to even pay £2m for him - we made him).

If he's been given time to sort this all out, then fine. If he's refusing to report back, then I hope we fine him. If he comes back and plays then great - let's move on. If he is transferred and it suits us then great - let's move on. If he can't get a deal that suits us and continues to act like a small child, then put him in the reserves, and everytime he misses training / anything else, then fine him.

As a Southern European he can be professional in exactly the same way as a Northern European / Welsh /English / anything else. This isn't a charity - he's a very very well paid player and I can't believe anyone would excuse him if he doesn't do exactly what is required of him by his employer.

I wouldn't question Michu's effort last season personally. The lad was crocked, simple as.

Not entirely clear what's happening now but it'll be sad if he leaves. The lad did great for us.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:58 - Jul 9 with 1838 viewslondonlisa2001

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:50 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't question Michu's effort last season personally. The lad was crocked, simple as.

Not entirely clear what's happening now but it'll be sad if he leaves. The lad did great for us.

well if he's genuinely crocked (and I know there's been a lot of 'he'll never play again' type stuff) then he won't be able to play for Napoli will he.

If he plays for Napoli then I'm afraid I don't believe that it is just an injury - have no idea what the problem is (since I think it started well before Laudrup left so don't believe it's down to that). As I said, I think he was wonderful in the first year - last year apart from the first month / couple of months, he was largely dreadful. I do believe of course he was injured for that middle part of the season, but after his supposed recovery, he just seemingly wasn't interested in getting back.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 14:01 - Jul 9 with 1826 viewsJackSomething

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:46 - Jul 9 by Jokeren1943

Before, during and after Laudrup was sacked this spring, Michu was injured. He played 2-3 games when Monk became manager and he was clearly still injured

Michu is a grown man, he can look after himselves - was neither Laudrup or Monks fault that it took so long for Michu to recover from his injuries.

It is less then 9 month ago in the autumn 2013, when Michu got blood on his shirt, but just wanted to get on the field to help his teammates - I have rarely seen a player in football ever, who was so commited as Michu.

Memory is short.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 12:56]

Seriously, take the blinkers off.

He was brilliant for us 2 years ago and showed flashes early last season (WBA, Palace and Valencia away, Liverpool at home), then he picked up an injury and Laudrup played him when he wasn't fit, which just made things worse.

He was allegedly fit when he played under Monk, but he just didn't look interested.

The player who wanted to get back on the field while bleeding seems to have left the club when the manager did, which lets face it, is a f*cking pathetic way for a grown man to act.

I'd love nothing better than to have a fit and firing Michu back playing for the Swans, but it looks like he doesn't have the temperament for it and so we're better off getting shot of him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he joins the long list of players who realise in hindsight that they spent the best years of their career with Swansea and regret leaving.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:00 - Jul 9 with 1762 viewsUxbridge

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:58 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

well if he's genuinely crocked (and I know there's been a lot of 'he'll never play again' type stuff) then he won't be able to play for Napoli will he.

If he plays for Napoli then I'm afraid I don't believe that it is just an injury - have no idea what the problem is (since I think it started well before Laudrup left so don't believe it's down to that). As I said, I think he was wonderful in the first year - last year apart from the first month / couple of months, he was largely dreadful. I do believe of course he was injured for that middle part of the season, but after his supposed recovery, he just seemingly wasn't interested in getting back.

I said he was injured last season not now. I have no idea what his physical state is now, bar the rumours that his long term fitness prospects look bleak.

As for last year, I'll have to disagree. For me he was misused, mismanaged and ultimately broken by Laudrup. Michu and Bony could have been beautiful. The fact it wasn't given a proper opportunity to thrive is, for me, Laudrup's biggest failing.

As for now, if he's doing everything he can to force an exit then I obviously hope the club come out of it better than him. Hopefully the cash could then be used to bring in the next one for us to idolise and then slate when they leave

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:04 - Jul 9 with 1749 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A lot of negative posts on this thread towards one of our own players. Go support someone else if you have nothing positive to say.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:07 - Jul 9 with 1731 viewsTheClash

The clue for this topic is in the title want to talk about Michu start yet another Michu tread come on Mods get this board working again

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:14 - Jul 9 with 1704 viewsJackSomething

Some people are very precious about thread going off-topic.

Are you the same way when you're having a conversation with somebody? Strictly refusing to discuss anything that wasn't the original topic?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:16 - Jul 9 with 1698 viewslondonlisa2001

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:00 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

I said he was injured last season not now. I have no idea what his physical state is now, bar the rumours that his long term fitness prospects look bleak.

As for last year, I'll have to disagree. For me he was misused, mismanaged and ultimately broken by Laudrup. Michu and Bony could have been beautiful. The fact it wasn't given a proper opportunity to thrive is, for me, Laudrup's biggest failing.

As for now, if he's doing everything he can to force an exit then I obviously hope the club come out of it better than him. Hopefully the cash could then be used to bring in the next one for us to idolise and then slate when they leave

That's fair enough - I also agree that Laudrup misused him, but I just cannot for the life of me understand what the issue was after he recovered from his op etc. If anything, the misuse by Laudrup should have meant that he'd be thrilled with a change of manager, not act like a brat. If he was genuinely injured and has now recovered, then he would be back at the club, working his arse off to get ready for the new season - the fact that he isn't must mean that it is not injury that has caused all of this.

Actually, I can't think of another player I have ever slated after they have left (don't mean on here - anywhere). Even Dorus didn't get it from me. But in this case, and it is obviously not Michu's fault that this happens, the 'Michu can do no wrong' stuff grates badly given that I believe (possibly wrongly of course) him to be behaving unprofessionally.

As much as we got some wonderful play from him, I honestly think we gave him his chance as well, and I don't believe that he is acting as though that is the case.

Anyway - whatever the truth, it looks like he's going and I hope that the club plays hardball in terms of what we hold out for.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:20 - Jul 9 with 1682 viewsperchrockjack

I loved Michu for what he did for us but like my affairs it goes sour so feck it feck him and we move on.

Fin

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:33 - Jul 9 with 1648 viewsTheClash

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:14 - Jul 9 by JackSomething

Some people are very precious about thread going off-topic.

Are you the same way when you're having a conversation with somebody? Strictly refusing to discuss anything that wasn't the original topic?

If they start that PM crap again that will P me off more !. Now what happening with Davies Gylfi and Vorm to Spurs etc?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:59 - Jul 9 with 1593 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:33 - Jul 9 by TheClash

If they start that PM crap again that will P me off more !. Now what happening with Davies Gylfi and Vorm to Spurs etc?

Apparently Levy offered Gylfi in exchange for Vorm and Ben, Huw said no.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:11 - Jul 9 with 1571 viewsTheClash

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 15:59 - Jul 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Apparently Levy offered Gylfi in exchange for Vorm and Ben, Huw said no.

Really? never knew, that is brand new information.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:43 - Jul 9 with 1509 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:11 - Jul 9 by TheClash

Really? never knew, that is brand new information.

We've apparently bid £5m for Troy Deaney also. Keep up.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:45 - Jul 9 with 1500 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:43 - Jul 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We've apparently bid £5m for Troy Deaney also. Keep up.

Does he play for the shirt Dwight?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:50 - Jul 9 with 1482 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:45 - Jul 9 by MrSwerve

Does he play for the shirt Dwight?

I doubt it.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:51 - Jul 9 with 1475 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:50 - Jul 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I doubt it.

Scandalous.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:55 - Jul 9 with 1463 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 16:51 - Jul 9 by MrSwerve

Scandalous.

You'll find it difficult to find a player like that in this age.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024