Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bible and Christianity nailed 19:32 - Jul 11 with 20493 viewsepaul

Brilliant account

https://twitter.com/antibible_t

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:27 - Jul 17 with 1155 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:08 - Jul 17 by JackoBoostardo

Twisting words to better you argument again I see.

I think I made myself clear. However, to accommodate your lack of understanding, I shall clarify my point.

Faith is a mythical entity to solve all of your problems = Bullshit
Faith in family, friends and others = Good

Love in a mythical entity = Bullshit
Love in family, friends and others = Good

Belief in a mythical entity, and living a life according to rules written by man for the benefit of the aformentioned entity = Bullshit
Belief in yourself, family, friends and others, where there are no rules other than what is driven by your natural abilities = Good

Is this clearer now?

What mythical entity do buddhists follow?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 12:33]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:29 - Jul 17 with 1154 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:17 - Jul 17 by JackoBoostardo

Wow... you're incredibly witty!

If you want to claim "God is love", then I'm sure the god Jeffrey Dahmer would 'love you' too! Oh, he's real alright! He has as much evidence to support his existence as a god as all other gods of course!

And what about God being a 'vengeful' god, full of scorn. And if he/she/it loves so much, why kill so often? No answer to back up your claim?

That's only the christian god. You should look up some of the roman gods or the norse gods.
Buddhists don't have a god. They have a list of rules. I await your horrified response that people put faith in a list of rules, like the 10 commandments.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 1098 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:26 - Jul 17 by C_jack

It's no surprise 8 pages of this thread are littered with you stomping your feet, and twisting your knickers whenever someone has the nerve to disagree with you.

Have you managed to get around the fact that North Korea is an atheist state yet? that sent you flouncing into the yonder last time

Stomping my feet? Where the fekk did you get that from? Since when is correcting statements littered with so many errors, yet passed as fact, stomping feet? If you want an example of someone stomping their feet, refer to your post.

But then again, you're a pedantic prick just trying to get a rise out of anyone. You've already posted something "to be assumed as fact" as you didn't post any comments to say it was an anecdote. Do you have to post bullshit to try to be taken seriously?

And to answer (once more) your point on North Korea, as you may have missed it first time, North Korea is NOT an atheist state in the manner that the majority do not believe in a god. In fact, religion is indeed practiced there. However, the leader Kim Jong Un is the supreme leader and sits at the position a god would in a society such as ours.

For the record, it's referred to as the Cult Of Personailities
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16336991

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:37 - Jul 17 with 1141 viewsDrizzle

You can then give me your views on taoism, and what a terrible destructive force its message of 'living in harmony with they way of the universe' is.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 12:38]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:52 - Jul 17 with 1125 viewsC_jack

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:36 - Jul 17 by JackoBoostardo

Stomping my feet? Where the fekk did you get that from? Since when is correcting statements littered with so many errors, yet passed as fact, stomping feet? If you want an example of someone stomping their feet, refer to your post.

But then again, you're a pedantic prick just trying to get a rise out of anyone. You've already posted something "to be assumed as fact" as you didn't post any comments to say it was an anecdote. Do you have to post bullshit to try to be taken seriously?

And to answer (once more) your point on North Korea, as you may have missed it first time, North Korea is NOT an atheist state in the manner that the majority do not believe in a god. In fact, religion is indeed practiced there. However, the leader Kim Jong Un is the supreme leader and sits at the position a god would in a society such as ours.

For the record, it's referred to as the Cult Of Personailities
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16336991

Only you assumed it as fact, and jumped to an all mighty assumption, as per.

This thread is not about NK, while the state is not 'Jackboostardo' official, it is officially Atheist to many others around the world. The practice of religion is through propaganda purposes, a bit like the 'god' image of Kim Jong Un the leader that you seem keen to emphasise.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:53 - Jul 17 with 1081 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:29 - Jul 17 by Drizzle

That's only the christian god. You should look up some of the roman gods or the norse gods.
Buddhists don't have a god. They have a list of rules. I await your horrified response that people put faith in a list of rules, like the 10 commandments.

Yet you were the one suggesting God and faith is love!

And if you want to get into the other 'ancient' gods (some I have already mentioned) then why haven't they destroyed life yet due to the lack of followers?

And Buddhism, whilst is vacant of a god per-se, is a pre-determined doctrine on living a life to a specification. Originally created by Sidartha Gautam (I don't have the exact spelling but from memory it seems okay), who later became known as Buddha, it was created after effectively spending too much time in the sun for a few days. If you have any knowledge of Buddhism, you will also know it heavily involves reincarnation and karma - therefore implying there is some mystical judge somewhere who will dispense justice, or choose your next life based on your actions. So, there's my horrified response.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:00 - Jul 17 with 1078 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:52 - Jul 17 by C_jack

Only you assumed it as fact, and jumped to an all mighty assumption, as per.

This thread is not about NK, while the state is not 'Jackboostardo' official, it is officially Atheist to many others around the world. The practice of religion is through propaganda purposes, a bit like the 'god' image of Kim Jong Un the leader that you seem keen to emphasise.

You can call it whatever you want - if the majority of people believe Kim Jung Un can make volcanoes glow, make birds appear in the sky, turning lakes into ice, and make the moon rise, then it is what it is!

An atheist does not believe in a god or 'gods'. Yet, what kind of mystical bullshit would make people believe Kim Jong Un is responsible for making lakes turn to ice and instructing the moon to rise?! You do the logic - I'm sick of thinking for you!

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:09 - Jul 17 with 1097 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:29 - Jul 17 by Drizzle

Unless you are suggesting god did it?
Are all things made by man as you describe? Or just the things YOU hate. Its not binary. Faith is grounded in love in my experience.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 11:32]

oh god, no!

faith is grounded in fear and ignorance imho
Login to get fewer ads

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:12 - Jul 17 with 1092 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:29 - Jul 17 by Drizzle

Buddhists don't have faith, they have a philosophy
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:14 - Jul 17 with 1091 viewsjackb

it's obvious you're trolling Drizzle, I just fail to see what pleasure you get out of it. It's a sad state to be in, getting pleasure out of trying to wind people up, sad really!
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:51 - Jul 17 with 1062 viewsDavillin

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:53 - Jul 17 by JackoBoostardo

For a man I thought had a level of intellect about him, your response is both condescending AND ridiculous at the same time!

Super! Go Davillin!

Anyway - this is totally winnable! All you have to do is open your eyes and look at the facts... if you wish to do so that is! You see, science and the search for truths and new discoveries is an ongoing trait for humanity. It's completely natural! What isn't natural is the voluntary limitation of knowledge, free thinking and independence that the "almighty" provided right?

And talking about Zeus, where is he these days? He was popular back in the day wasn't he? When people stopped worshipping him, nothing bad happened to the world. Yet, did he go to a retirement home for outdated gods?

And Christopher Hitchens quote just happened to be part of the image which showed the heads of church 'mixing it up' with some of the most evil people in history. Didn't really provide an answer to that though did you. And not liking Christopher Hitchens make the image and quote any less valid?

So, I assume you are in someway religious by your vigorous attempt at defending Dripple? Manking did indeed invent religion - thousands of years ago when reasoning was more difficult to come by as a result of education and knowledge. Religion does NOT provide a moral code - you assume morals is exclusively a human trait, when we have also seen acts of heroism and kindness from the animal kingdom too. Being religious does not make you a moral person either - far from it in fact as you have happy to worship a mass murdering entity and as it for guidance?!

It's easy for the religious to claim the argument isn't winnable as the "those pesky atheist brutes won't listen to us or accept our bullshit" and walk away, claiming to have won on the higher ground. It's never easy to accept and admit you're wrong though is it!

Dav.. You have come here to partake in a discussion on the topic - this is a conscious decision you have made. I can provide factual evidence all day long to back up my arguments. The question is, can you?

You are such a discourteous ass. And so ill-informed. And so pompous. And so infernally closed-minded. Not worth disputation.

And I didn't "defend" Drizzle. Just complimented him on his courteous and reasoned responses. So unlike yours.

And I didn't come on to participate in this discussion. It's been done to death on here, and by far better thinkers than you, on both sides.

"Zeus" was mildly sarcastic humour, fool.

Blocked.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:08 - Jul 17 with 1011 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:51 - Jul 17 by Davillin

You are such a discourteous ass. And so ill-informed. And so pompous. And so infernally closed-minded. Not worth disputation.

And I didn't "defend" Drizzle. Just complimented him on his courteous and reasoned responses. So unlike yours.

And I didn't come on to participate in this discussion. It's been done to death on here, and by far better thinkers than you, on both sides.

"Zeus" was mildly sarcastic humour, fool.

Blocked.

To remind you of your post:-

"Drizzle, I must offer you my deepest respect for both your reasoned responses and your courtesy in the face of all that has been thrown at you. I'm completely serious. Well done.

Now stop responding before I lose my faith in you. Please learn when to stop trying to change the mind of one who has embraced an idea implacably. And don't be drawn into a pissing contest. It's unwinnable.

By the way, any hope for his arguments ended when he cited Christopher Hitchins!

Zeus!

p.s. Mankind invented religion to (1) explain the inexplicable, and (2) to provide a moral code of conduct [for people who live in communities -- hermits need not apply]. As poorly as they did with (1), so well did they do with (2)."

And as you've pasted (so I won't repeat), my post.

So because I considered your post somewhat condescending, you resort to personal insults. I actually thought you were fairly reasonable at one time Davilin. Someone who was able to converse in a debate like an adult.... sadly I have been proven wrong.

Unclear why you have taken this OTT reaction, but if you are able to be 'mildly sarcastic' but can't take it back, then this shows you up as a "fool".

And far better thinkers? Drizzle has arguments with more holes than thai brothel, and you came here to "participate in a discussion", received a response and then became personal. I think the answers are there on this thread for all to see don't you think?

The manner of your post and you call me pompous?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 1031 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:12 - Jul 17 by jackb

Buddhists don't have faith, they have a philosophy

So Buddhism isn't a religion?
"Wide opened is the door of the Deathless to all who have ears to hear; let them send forth faith [saddha] to meet it."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_in_Buddhism
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:50]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:43 - Jul 17 with 1027 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:08 - Jul 17 by JackoBoostardo

To remind you of your post:-

"Drizzle, I must offer you my deepest respect for both your reasoned responses and your courtesy in the face of all that has been thrown at you. I'm completely serious. Well done.

Now stop responding before I lose my faith in you. Please learn when to stop trying to change the mind of one who has embraced an idea implacably. And don't be drawn into a pissing contest. It's unwinnable.

By the way, any hope for his arguments ended when he cited Christopher Hitchins!

Zeus!

p.s. Mankind invented religion to (1) explain the inexplicable, and (2) to provide a moral code of conduct [for people who live in communities -- hermits need not apply]. As poorly as they did with (1), so well did they do with (2)."

And as you've pasted (so I won't repeat), my post.

So because I considered your post somewhat condescending, you resort to personal insults. I actually thought you were fairly reasonable at one time Davilin. Someone who was able to converse in a debate like an adult.... sadly I have been proven wrong.

Unclear why you have taken this OTT reaction, but if you are able to be 'mildly sarcastic' but can't take it back, then this shows you up as a "fool".

And far better thinkers? Drizzle has arguments with more holes than thai brothel, and you came here to "participate in a discussion", received a response and then became personal. I think the answers are there on this thread for all to see don't you think?

The manner of your post and you call me pompous?

Well my only argument on this thread is that religion is flawed and with good reason. You keep providing evidence that religion is flawed when its what I have been saying all along.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:57 - Jul 17 with 1012 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:14 - Jul 17 by jackb

it's obvious you're trolling Drizzle, I just fail to see what pleasure you get out of it. It's a sad state to be in, getting pleasure out of trying to wind people up, sad really!

I'm trolling? You really cant accept that people who have faith are sincere, so anyone who would defend them would be on a wind up? Sounds a little paranoid. Its rather funny to hear someone who doesn't have faith talking about the basis of faith. If you don't have faith, how on earth can you know here it comes from? Your opinion is irrelevant to other peoples lives.
I always enjoyed Bill Hicks when he talked about religion. He came from a religious family, and knew that faith was important to his parents. He still managed to reject religion, but he did it with love.
Whats sad is that you cant see that something you reject may have positive connotations for others.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 19:08]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:10 - Jul 17 with 999 viewsCountyJim

What's all the fuss you either believe or you don't but atheists are aways right as it can't be proved either way

But I will still go to Mass Saturday night
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:37 - Jul 17 with 956 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:39 - Jul 17 by Drizzle

So Buddhism isn't a religion?
"Wide opened is the door of the Deathless to all who have ears to hear; let them send forth faith [saddha] to meet it."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_in_Buddhism
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:50]

No, I don't belive it is
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 952 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:57 - Jul 17 by Drizzle

I'm trolling? You really cant accept that people who have faith are sincere, so anyone who would defend them would be on a wind up? Sounds a little paranoid. Its rather funny to hear someone who doesn't have faith talking about the basis of faith. If you don't have faith, how on earth can you know here it comes from? Your opinion is irrelevant to other peoples lives.
I always enjoyed Bill Hicks when he talked about religion. He came from a religious family, and knew that faith was important to his parents. He still managed to reject religion, but he did it with love.
Whats sad is that you cant see that something you reject may have positive connotations for others.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 19:08]

I have never said it cannot be positive for others.

I'm not going to feed your ego anymore - you carry on though with your one handed argument :)
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:48 - Jul 17 with 953 viewsepaul

We need to get back to what this thread was about, the bible is b*llocks, religion is b*llocks and if you believe the bible is true your.......

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:52 - Jul 17 with 920 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:48 - Jul 17 by epaul

We need to get back to what this thread was about, the bible is b*llocks, religion is b*llocks and if you believe the bible is true your.......

Absolutely!

I would love it if this shit wasn't taught to kids as fact. It's an insult we even get documentaries about the Bible on the Discovery Channel, yet alone in a school or at home!

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 06:47 - Jul 18 with 912 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:48 - Jul 17 by epaul

According to jackb religion is ok as long as you don't call it religion. If you hadn't noticed this is a forum, whether religions is all b0llocks is what is up for discussion. You'd think you'd understand that after all the irate ranting you do on here. Maybe should try the angry misanthropes forum, or you can follow bastardo to the 'blissfully unaware of my own stupidity' forum.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 7:23]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 06:51 - Jul 18 with 911 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:37 - Jul 17 by jackb

No, I don't belive it is

I hate to break it to you, but what you believe is irrelevant to all the people who practice it.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 6:58]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 07:44 - Jul 18 with 890 viewsepaul

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 06:47 - Jul 18 by Drizzle

According to jackb religion is ok as long as you don't call it religion. If you hadn't noticed this is a forum, whether religions is all b0llocks is what is up for discussion. You'd think you'd understand that after all the irate ranting you do on here. Maybe should try the angry misanthropes forum, or you can follow bastardo to the 'blissfully unaware of my own stupidity' forum.

Nah youe alright, you need to chill mun, I'm quite happy and far from angry, ranting away since 2007......

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 07:58 - Jul 18 with 882 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 07:44 - Jul 18 by epaul

Nah youe alright, you need to chill mun, I'm quite happy and far from angry, ranting away since 2007......

Fair point.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:29 - Jul 18 with 852 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 06:47 - Jul 18 by Drizzle

If you want to get involved in a discussion which is important to some, have the balls and the ammo ready! Otherwise don't bother. You can't even form a comprehensive response that's anywhere remotely accurate, yet enough form a somewhat crap attempt at humour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024