Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bible and Christianity nailed 19:32 - Jul 11 with 20221 viewsepaul

Brilliant account

https://twitter.com/antibible_t

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:37 - Jul 13 with 1865 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:00 - Jul 13 by jack_lord

If you look at those seven days as an entity, it sounds like the big bang theory but over a much shorter period. Perhaps the people who told the story which led it to being the creation had an elaborate way of explaining this theory.
The fact that the big bang theory is labelled a theory does highlight that it is just a that and it gives theologians an opportunity to question the above as if the universe was created ex nihilo then what was before.

Nope. Not at all. You see, the seven days theory (if you can even call it that) is definite - in that it has been and happened. Whereas, the Big Bank Theory is ongoing - the Universe to all current knowledge is still expanding.

Also, the elements that triggered the Big Bang, and the after-effects (being life) we've established through pursuit of knowledge, is NOT the work of a god.

Life on Earth may appear to have even been a mistake. However, we are here purely by a miniscule chance. There are trillions and trillions of stars out there in space, not just in our Galaxy, but in other galaxies, clusters and nebulae. It is pure ignorance to claim there is no other life out there in the cosmos, but if you were to consider the big picture for a moment and absorb how big a picture I'm talking about, if we were to put this into a percentage then life on earth had a 0.001% chance of emerging. Very slim - but it happened.

The thing is, hundreds if not thousands of years ago, knowledge was less widely spread. As such, it was easier to assume that everyday things we now take for granted were made by an all powerful superbeing. I like to think (or hope) humanity has evolved somewhat from our ancestors, and we surpass the need for religion - sadly this isn't the case though.

And to reiterate the term theory - The Big Bang Theory remains a theory as there are still some questions outstanding. On a whole, the pursuit of the answers is still being pushed by science. On the flip side, religion is just happy to sit on the sidelines going 'blah, blah blah" with fingers in its ears, still spreading unfounded stories of how the universe and everything was created by superman who spawned a son via a virgin, and who would subsequently become a zombie. The pro-religious theory will forever remain a theory without foundation. Sooner or later though, the Big Bang theory, or a close resemblance to this, will be confirmed (but still not accepted by the religious community).

Consider this. If I was to claim to be a messenger of a supposed God, and I explained to you a story that would be put to print in multiple countries in many languages and be treated as fact, would you think I was credible?

Then if I was to advise you that the god had the head of a chicken, and the body of a trifle, with the limbs of a T-Rex; who when communicates breaks wind and say the word "wibble wobble" every other word, would I still be credible to you?

The god mentioned by any religion, and the god I have described to you today, have the exact amount of evidence as eachother to support the existence of such a creature..

[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 2:17]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:55 - Jul 13 with 1858 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:01 - Jul 13 by Cygnus

So what if you believe in life after death

Does that make you religious or not?

Doesn't necessarily link to religion, but an ongoing question you'll only discover once you're dead.

A theory of life after death has only been tied to religion as a result of the belief in heaven.

However, this is a difficult one to research. However, each person is made out of living molecules and atoms that WILL live on once the person has expired. Based on this - it depends on which way you look at it. There is nothing remotely concrete (at present) to substantiate an afterlife (if you consider life in your current physical form, or that of a ghostly form). Apart from questionable devices that allegedly detect the dead - the research into the afterlife may never be answered due to the compounding hurdle - the researcher will have to have died in order to conclude their investigations.

Interestingly however, there have been people who have dedicated themselves during death to coming back and leaving a message to confirm the existence of an afterlife, if there is one. And interestingly, there have been no messages left. Now this either confirms there is no afterlife, or unfortunately the person has come back as a duck.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 00:12 - Jul 14 with 1843 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:00 - Jul 13 by jack_lord

If you look at those seven days as an entity, it sounds like the big bang theory but over a much shorter period. Perhaps the people who told the story which led it to being the creation had an elaborate way of explaining this theory.
The fact that the big bang theory is labelled a theory does highlight that it is just a that and it gives theologians an opportunity to question the above as if the universe was created ex nihilo then what was before.

I know I keep on banging this drum on here but...

A theory in science IS NOT the same as the every day usage of the word theory. A scientific theory is not a guess or a hunch it is an overall explanation of a particular area from myriad independent sources of proven, observable facts and evidence and can make accurate predictions. Theories never get "proven" and become laws.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:17 - Jul 14 with 1792 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 00:12 - Jul 14 by Cottsy

I know I keep on banging this drum on here but...

A theory in science IS NOT the same as the every day usage of the word theory. A scientific theory is not a guess or a hunch it is an overall explanation of a particular area from myriad independent sources of proven, observable facts and evidence and can make accurate predictions. Theories never get "proven" and become laws.

I expect Newton's law of motion was a theory at one point.

The Big Bang one is on a whole new plateau though and there certainly are challenges by scientists ( who do not believe in God) on this.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:00 - Jul 14 with 1781 viewsAl_Bundy

So we can conclude we derive from an ape or a monkey or a bit of space mass after a bit of an explosion (the fact there are still apes and monkeys who haven't developed into our super race) so we're either primate jungle creatures with a bit of nos or an alien who arrived without a space ship
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:16 - Jul 14 with 1727 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:17 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

The Big Bang one is on a whole new plateau though and there certainly are challenges by scientists ( who do not believe in God) on this.

No

A law explains a set of observations; a theory explains a set of laws. The quintessential illustration of this jump in level is the way in which Newton's theory of mechanics explained Kepler's law of planetary motion. Basically, a law applies to observed phenomena in one domain (e.g., planetary bodies and their movements), while a theory is intended to unify phenomena in many domains. Thus, Newton's theory of mechanics explained not only Kepler's laws, but also Galileo's findings about the motion of balls rolling down an inclined plane, as well as the pattern of oceanic tides. Unlike laws, theories often postulate unobservable objects as part of their explanatory mechanism. So, for instance, Freud's theory of mind relies upon the unobservable ego, superego, and id, and in modern physics we have theories of elementary particles that postulate various types of quarks, all of which have yet to be observed. - John L. Casti

That's what science does - it is reviewed and challenged and it changes as more information is discovered or corrected. That's what makes it so different from religion and myths and fairy tales - it's actually based on facts and is true to the facts available!

I don't quite get your irrelevant side point about scientists who believe on god - makes no difference to a bone-fide scientist
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:30 - Jul 14 with 1716 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:17 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

No it was never a theory, it was once a hypothesis but never a theory.

And in what way is the big bang on a 'new plateau'? It has recently proven a prediction that the theory made around 50 years ago leading to Nobel prizes all around and could potentially prove a a prediction made around 100 years ago which which will see Nobel prizes all around.

That looks more like an upward trajectory than a plateau to me.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:44 - Jul 14 with 1709 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:00 - Jul 14 by Al_Bundy

So we can conclude we derive from an ape or a monkey or a bit of space mass after a bit of an explosion (the fact there are still apes and monkeys who haven't developed into our super race) so we're either primate jungle creatures with a bit of nos or an alien who arrived without a space ship

This may explain the evolutionary split a little better for you.

Not that difficult to understand!

[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 9:47]

Login to get fewer ads

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:46 - Jul 14 with 1708 viewsMrSwerve

The theory of gravity is my fave.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:20 - Jul 14 with 1683 viewsAl_Bundy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:44 - Jul 14 by JackoBoostardo

This may explain the evolutionary split a little better for you.

Not that difficult to understand!

[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 9:47]

New Guinea man dates back to 1970

They were roaming the earth during the bay city rollers days
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:36 - Jul 14 with 1672 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:00 - Jul 14 by Al_Bundy

We didn't evolve from modern monkeys and apes, humans and modern monkeys and apes evolved from a now extinct common ancestor species millions of years ago.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:41 - Jul 14 with 1667 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:20 - Jul 14 by Al_Bundy

New Guinea man dates back to 1970

They were roaming the earth during the bay city rollers days

Doh! Wrong link posted (couldn't see the completed image on my mobile when posting). The New Guinea Man dating back to 1970 is a myth btw... But you're paying attention at least!

This is the correct image I wanted to post

I need to get a different mobile browser.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 10:50]

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:55 - Jul 14 with 1653 viewsAl_Bundy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:36 - Jul 14 by Cottsy

We didn't evolve from modern monkeys and apes, humans and modern monkeys and apes evolved from a now extinct common ancestor species millions of years ago.

There's nothing conclusive in the charts on this thread to prove by any means we are from a monkey heritage at all. Equally it could be said there is nothing tangible to prove God visually either.

If we believe in the theory of evolution i guess we go back to the dust on death and its a done deal.

If we believe in God i guess we are accountable on death and only physically die.

So we are all rolling the dices hoping for the former to be true.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:09 - Jul 14 with 1646 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:55 - Jul 14 by Al_Bundy

There's nothing conclusive in the charts on this thread to prove by any means we are from a monkey heritage at all. Equally it could be said there is nothing tangible to prove God visually either.

If we believe in the theory of evolution i guess we go back to the dust on death and its a done deal.

If we believe in God i guess we are accountable on death and only physically die.

The evidence for evolution of all life on earth, not just humans, is overwhelming. There is over 150 years of research, irrefutable evidence from the fossil record, dna, observed changes in bacteria, fruit flies and other animals. Why do you think flu jabs are needed every year or why bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics?

Even the Catholic church accepts that evolution is real.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:17 - Jul 14 with 1628 viewsAl_Bundy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:09 - Jul 14 by Cottsy

The evidence for evolution of all life on earth, not just humans, is overwhelming. There is over 150 years of research, irrefutable evidence from the fossil record, dna, observed changes in bacteria, fruit flies and other animals. Why do you think flu jabs are needed every year or why bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics?

Even the Catholic church accepts that evolution is real.

Don't think anybody doubts evolution as a concept. Evolution is all around us but everything evolves from a design , a starting point and a purpose.

The human body is an incredible purposeful design (in most cases ) i think its easy for people to draw comparisons with the animal kingdom especially animals who resemble us the closest and say - yes, we come from them in a roundabout way 500k years ago.

The scientist evolution theory is seeing is believing so proof is needed

The God message is the complete opposite, believe and you will see!

Also you could say a Satanist or Pagan view is there no God but there is a spiritual world.

If the Satanists are right then could be an afterlife of sorts.

On face value the monkey theory makes sense because it looks realistic, also its the option which sits comfortably with us. The God option opens many cans of worms that many of us would rather not entertain if taken seriously.

The question is was Jesus real ? and was he a liar?
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:47 - Jul 14 with 1614 viewsCountyJim

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:43 - Jul 13 by ymaohyd

I'm atheist, wish I had a belief as it must give you tremendous strength in some of the terrible times that we all face sometimes in life.

For those on here who may be religious, how can you sell to me that God and Jesus existed? Sorry to be crude and perhaps rude in making such a request, for the life of me I don't understand how anyone can believe in god, I would love to have my opinion changed.

Jesus did exist even atheist scholars will tell you that its just a matter if you believe he is the son of God

And yes it is a great comfort as I have said in other threads my Mam passed away knowing she was going to be with her Mam and Dad

I cant imagine laying on your death bed knowing that was it never seeing your family friends again
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 14:06 - Jul 14 with 1587 viewsGoth_Jack

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:47 - Jul 14 by CountyJim

Jesus did exist even atheist scholars will tell you that its just a matter if you believe he is the son of God

And yes it is a great comfort as I have said in other threads my Mam passed away knowing she was going to be with her Mam and Dad

I cant imagine laying on your death bed knowing that was it never seeing your family friends again

Interesting reading to a "confused" individual. Darwin vs. God is a scary topic for worriers! lol

Don't want to say "evoultion is the way" just in case I get sent downstairs on Judgement Day.

...burning in hell for eternity.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 14:07]

Ride it like you stole it!

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:32 - Jul 14 with 1551 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 09:16 - Jul 14 by jackb

No

A law explains a set of observations; a theory explains a set of laws. The quintessential illustration of this jump in level is the way in which Newton's theory of mechanics explained Kepler's law of planetary motion. Basically, a law applies to observed phenomena in one domain (e.g., planetary bodies and their movements), while a theory is intended to unify phenomena in many domains. Thus, Newton's theory of mechanics explained not only Kepler's laws, but also Galileo's findings about the motion of balls rolling down an inclined plane, as well as the pattern of oceanic tides. Unlike laws, theories often postulate unobservable objects as part of their explanatory mechanism. So, for instance, Freud's theory of mind relies upon the unobservable ego, superego, and id, and in modern physics we have theories of elementary particles that postulate various types of quarks, all of which have yet to be observed. - John L. Casti

That's what science does - it is reviewed and challenged and it changes as more information is discovered or corrected. That's what makes it so different from religion and myths and fairy tales - it's actually based on facts and is true to the facts available!

I don't quite get your irrelevant side point about scientists who believe on god - makes no difference to a bone-fide scientist

I was extremely impressed with that explanation for a second until i realised it was copy and paste.
My point was not irrevalant. maybe to you though, as I was trying to point out that there are scientists who do not believe in god are challenging the big bang theory.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 19:03 - Jul 14 with 1526 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:32 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

I was extremely impressed with that explanation for a second until i realised it was copy and paste.
My point was not irrevalant. maybe to you though, as I was trying to point out that there are scientists who do not believe in god are challenging the big bang theory.

says it better than i could so don't see the problem, just educating the ignorant.

That's brilliant, like i said science is all about peer review, being challenged - the belief in a mythical being is irrelevant
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 19:18 - Jul 14 with 1516 viewsjack_lord

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:59 - Jul 14 with 1484 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 19:18 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

you're cornering the market on irrevalent!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 23:59]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 07:48 - Jul 15 with 1455 viewsepaul

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:27 - Jul 13 by Cottsy

Paul if you've got an hour and half to spare you might want to give this a watch.

He is good

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:15 - Jul 15 with 1452 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:59 - Jul 14 by jackb

you're cornering the market on irrevalent!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 23:59]

You edited that post?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:37 - Jul 15 with 1449 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:55 - Jul 14 by Al_Bundy

Are you for real or just trolling?

There is absolutely no debate at all over human evolution or the evolution of any other species it is simply a fact.

The only people who claim that there is any kind of debate are religious fundamentalists and those who believe that the 'March of Progress' illustration is a literal example of evolution.

Evolution happens whether you believe in it or not.

You might want to watch this video on Pascal's Wager before you go rolling those dice as well.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:48 - Jul 15 with 1426 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 08:15 - Jul 15 by jack_lord

You edited that post?

I missed the double rr
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024