Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bible and Christianity nailed 19:32 - Jul 11 with 20215 viewsepaul

Brilliant account

https://twitter.com/antibible_t

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:00 - Jul 13 with 1311 viewsQuakerJack

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:13 - Jul 13 by 1jack

You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not kill.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

When you look at that it's not a bad way to live your life. I for one wish Sunday's were a family day again, not just another shopping day and the rest speak for themselves, bar the first 3.

Well I'm goosed then.

Leon is my God
Leon is my idol
Jesus Christ, why not?!?!?!
It's Sunday, I'm drinking and swearing at the TV during the game tonight.
I do respect my parents
I killed a fly earlier
I left my ex for my now wife
Stole a grape from sainsburys when I was a kid
Never had to give false evidence
Envious of my neighbours wife? You wouldn't say that if you saw her

I really should take a good long hard look at myself.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:05 - Jul 13 with 1304 viewsQuakerJack

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:33 - Jul 13 by Cottsy

The first four commandments are totally irrelevant and just show that god is pretty pathetic as far as deities go and has a pretty warped sense of morality that he makes worshiping him the number one rule while not killing only sneaks in at number six and not stealing at number eight and they are the only two commandments worth being carved into a stone tablet. The other four could just as easily be summed up into one 'don't be a dick' commandment.

I vaguely remember a funny Mel Brooks (I think it was) sketch on the commandments. He comes forth as Noah and says "God has given me fif... (drops tablets down the mountain) ten commandments".

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:23 - Jul 13 with 1290 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 13:13 - Jul 13 by 1jack

You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not kill.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

When you look at that it's not a bad way to live your life. I for one wish Sunday's were a family day again, not just another shopping day and the rest speak for themselves, bar the first 3.

What about the unwritten 11th commandment?

Thou shalt not testify that thine church bears hometh to many paedophiles and people of illeth repute, who wish to maketh money from the ill, inferm and desperate-eth.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 17:52]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:43 - Jul 13 with 1280 viewsymaohyd

I'm atheist, wish I had a belief as it must give you tremendous strength in some of the terrible times that we all face sometimes in life.

For those on here who may be religious, how can you sell to me that God and Jesus existed? Sorry to be crude and perhaps rude in making such a request, for the life of me I don't understand how anyone can believe in god, I would love to have my opinion changed.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:46 - Jul 13 with 1274 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:43 - Jul 13 by ymaohyd

I'm atheist, wish I had a belief as it must give you tremendous strength in some of the terrible times that we all face sometimes in life.

For those on here who may be religious, how can you sell to me that God and Jesus existed? Sorry to be crude and perhaps rude in making such a request, for the life of me I don't understand how anyone can believe in god, I would love to have my opinion changed.

Why would anyone who believes need to sell anything to anyone? Its personal. Most of the people I know who believe don't really care if other people believe, it only seems to be athiests who get angry about people who don't share their beliefs.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:51 - Jul 13 with 1257 viewseddie71

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:46 - Jul 13 by Drizzle

Why would anyone who believes need to sell anything to anyone? Its personal. Most of the people I know who believe don't really care if other people believe, it only seems to be athiests who get angry about people who don't share their beliefs.

This is a nutshell is it. But If your interested there are some accounts for the Romans about the existence of the first century Jesus, they wont speak about his divinity of course as they regarded him as trouble which is why Christians were persecuted.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:58 - Jul 13 with 1249 viewsjackb

these are pretty good 1jack

Slavery
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

Genocide
“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

Infanticide
“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us — he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

Sexual Abuse
“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

Cannabilism
And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them. Jeremiah 19:9

He does like cannablism
If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

Virginicide (I know it's not a word!)
"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy 22: 20-21)

Disability discrimination
"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)

Can't wear wool and cotton
Deuteronomy 22:11
Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

God the 2 yrl tantrum
"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

This is one of the funniest (And sadly has killed some people)
Prayer Cures the Sick
Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him. (James 5:14-15

he was an odd chap!!
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:59 - Jul 13 with 1250 viewsymaohyd

Not at all. I'm intrigued as how someone can go to church every Sunday (or whatever and wherever your place of worship is) and dedicate yourself in believing that God created the world etc It's a belief that I genuinely wish I had, but just don't understand that a reasonable amount of intelligence can have.

Going back centuries, yes I can understand that people would believe in 'God'. In the year 2014 though!!! Come on!!!

Sorry for the terminology 'Sell' but I would love to sit down with someone who could convince me that God exists.

I'm a person who gives 100% whatever I do, if I believed, i'd be at church whenever I could be, never miss a service. When I do go though (weddings, funerals or when I used to take my daughter, for her to come to her own conclusions on religion) I'd be amazed that people actually believed what was being said...sorry to offend anyone.

Login to get fewer ads

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:04 - Jul 13 with 1245 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:59 - Jul 13 by ymaohyd

Not at all. I'm intrigued as how someone can go to church every Sunday (or whatever and wherever your place of worship is) and dedicate yourself in believing that God created the world etc It's a belief that I genuinely wish I had, but just don't understand that a reasonable amount of intelligence can have.

Going back centuries, yes I can understand that people would believe in 'God'. In the year 2014 though!!! Come on!!!

Sorry for the terminology 'Sell' but I would love to sit down with someone who could convince me that God exists.

I'm a person who gives 100% whatever I do, if I believed, i'd be at church whenever I could be, never miss a service. When I do go though (weddings, funerals or when I used to take my daughter, for her to come to her own conclusions on religion) I'd be amazed that people actually believed what was being said...sorry to offend anyone.

I'm not religious. I just have an open mind about people who are. How someone else chooses to view the world around them their business.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:06 - Jul 13 with 1241 viewsymaohyd

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:04 - Jul 13 by Drizzle

I'm not religious. I just have an open mind about people who are. How someone else chooses to view the world around them their business.

Absolutely. This is a forum though! No harm in a bit of debate!

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:07 - Jul 13 with 1237 viewsJackfath

Live and let live, I say.

It would an awfully boring world if we were all the same.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:08 - Jul 13 with 1237 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:06 - Jul 13 by ymaohyd

Absolutely. This is a forum though! No harm in a bit of debate!

Debate is healthy. Some of the bile that is directed towards christians just because of their beliefs is not so much.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:25 - Jul 13 with 1229 viewsymaohyd

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:08 - Jul 13 by Drizzle

Debate is healthy. Some of the bile that is directed towards christians just because of their beliefs is not so much.

You open up the debate then though that the bile, one religion, directs towards another has led to goodness knows how many deaths, all over the world.

I remember going to Beziers in France and reading about its history. It used to be a refuge for a religious sect the Cathars, back many centuries ago.

When the Papal Palace was based in Avignon, the Pope sent his 'army' in presumably the Swiss guard to rid France of the Cathars. The story goes that the question was put to the Pope, 'But how do we know, who are Cathars and who are Catholics', the reply..kill them all.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:41 - Jul 13 with 1221 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:25 - Jul 13 by ymaohyd

You open up the debate then though that the bile, one religion, directs towards another has led to goodness knows how many deaths, all over the world.

I remember going to Beziers in France and reading about its history. It used to be a refuge for a religious sect the Cathars, back many centuries ago.

When the Papal Palace was based in Avignon, the Pope sent his 'army' in presumably the Swiss guard to rid France of the Cathars. The story goes that the question was put to the Pope, 'But how do we know, who are Cathars and who are Catholics', the reply..kill them all.

Don't athiests fight then? Don't athiests treat each other badly? What does someone going to church today have to do with some French people being idiots centuries ago?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 18:47]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 19:00 - Jul 13 with 1215 viewsDrizzle

Religion is a man made concept. Man is fallible, therefore religion is fallible.
Its just a group of people trying to live better lives.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 20:00 - Jul 13 with 1197 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 19:00 - Jul 13 by Drizzle

Religion is a man made concept. Man is fallible, therefore religion is fallible.
Its just a group of people trying to live better lives.

You could also argue that the big bang theory is a man made concept as scientists try to peice together the history oif the universe. Man is fallible though as he also used the same science to create the atom bomb.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 20:34 - Jul 13 with 1180 views1jack

I would like to point out at this time that I am not religious and as I have stated before it's the way people interpret religion to cause harm to others that really pi55es me off. Also today of all days there is no way there can be a God of any description.
Thank you.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:04 - Jul 13 with 1172 viewsJackoBoostardo

So fukkers waking me up or disturbing me by knocking on my door, trying to talk pass on their 'wares' such as the watchtower or the fairy-tales encyclopedia (or the Bible it's known as), or stopping me in the street to talk to me about these things, or even the guy standing in the public square raving about the end of the world, or how we have all sinned... is not selling a belief onto people?

Okay. Come back when you've come down from whatever crack your on to try again.

Should mention that for hundreds of years atheists have been forced to hide for fear or persecution, torture, death or imprisonment - and yet you feel it's somewhat insensitive maybe to have a discussion on this topic? I know you claim to be atheist yourself - and good on you if you are! But to claim we're angry is not entirely correct.... we're not angry all of the time. You see, what does make me angry is being force-fed religion as fact at school - an age when children are at their most acceptable to information. What makes me angry is the sheer hypocritical backbone of religion - end to suffering you say? So why are people in African countries who were indoctrinated by missionaries now the primary carriers of HIV and AIDS. What makes me angry are the so called people of science who disregard their findings, and substitute it with fantasy (the so called church scientists). What makes me angry are the so called Atheist apologists - people who feel it's not harming anyone - when in fact it clearly is!

Just be glad you're not a Catholic/Protestant living in Northern Ireland who happens to be of a different skin colour as well as being gay. Then you'd see other affects of religion.

So excuse our little rant - other times we're pretty mellowed out people you see!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:17 - Jul 13 with 1168 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 18:41 - Jul 13 by Drizzle

Don't athiests fight then? Don't athiests treat each other badly? What does someone going to church today have to do with some French people being idiots centuries ago?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 18:47]

If a person treats others badly, then this would be due to the person being an asshole.

However, if the reasons for this is because of a religious belief, and the person is otherwise considered a good-un, then this is a fault with religion.

How many of today's troubles worldwide is the result of Atheism at present?

Does this clarify matters a little for you?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:33 - Jul 13 with 1158 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 20:00 - Jul 13 by jack_lord

You could also argue that the big bang theory is a man made concept as scientists try to peice together the history oif the universe. Man is fallible though as he also used the same science to create the atom bomb.

You could argue that, but look at this from two sides:-

The religious argument. The universe is the creation of an all powerful, omnipotent god, and was created in seven days.
Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night."
Day 2 - God created an expanse to separate the waters and called it "sky."
Day 3 - God created the dry ground and gathered the waters, calling the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters "seas." On day three, God also created vegetation (plants and trees).
Day 4 - God created the sun, moon, and the stars to give light to the earth and to govern and separate the day and the night. These would also serve as signs to mark seasons, days, and years.
Day 5 - God created every living creature of the seas and every winged bird, blessing them to multiply and fill the waters and the sky with life.
Day 6 - God created the animals to fill the earth. On day six, God also created man and woman (Adam and Eve) in his own image to commune with him. He blessed them and gave them every creature and the whole earth to rule over, care for, and cultivate.
Day 7 - God had finished his work of creation and so he rested on the seventh day, blessing it and making it holy.

There is absolutely no evidence to corroborate or support this theory. There are more questions than answers - however there is a distinct lack of will to try and find evidence to support this theory.

Then, consider the Atheist argument. Acclaimed and esteemed astrophysicists develop a theory as to the cause of all known life, and everything around us. Notices there is a correlation between molecules seen on Earth as that from space (meteorite and asteroid fragments). It is soon established there is also a link between the radiation we're seeing from space, and multiple other avenues of science intertwine. Even hobbyist astronomers can notice correlations. As such, these theories are put to the test. - with the possibility of a master or elementary molecule being proposed - a particle where all others originate. This particle is known as the Higgs-Boson.
Then skip forward to 4 July 2012, to the CERN facility, where the Higgs-Boson particle was created artificially - confirming the basis behind the Big Bang theory.

Now considering the above theories, which one do you think realistically holds more weight? This is what the atheists cause is - the progression of mans knowledge, not the institutionalised retardation of our natural curiosity - to question everything around us and find an answer.

What would have happened if man had discovered fire, before deciding this was an abomination of god?

And your last comment about man using the same science to create atom bombs. Given our current capabilities, scientifically and knowledgeably, we can give life and take away, we can destroy and rebuild anew - doesn't this make us gods too when adhering to the religious 'god' code?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:29 - Jul 13 with 1133 viewsAl_Bundy

The Romans could easily have removed and destroyed Christianity during the time of the crucifixtion .. for some reason they couldn't or would'nt do it
[Post edited 13 Jul 2014 22:31]
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:00 - Jul 13 with 1110 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:33 - Jul 13 by JackoBoostardo

You could argue that, but look at this from two sides:-

The religious argument. The universe is the creation of an all powerful, omnipotent god, and was created in seven days.
Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night."
Day 2 - God created an expanse to separate the waters and called it "sky."
Day 3 - God created the dry ground and gathered the waters, calling the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters "seas." On day three, God also created vegetation (plants and trees).
Day 4 - God created the sun, moon, and the stars to give light to the earth and to govern and separate the day and the night. These would also serve as signs to mark seasons, days, and years.
Day 5 - God created every living creature of the seas and every winged bird, blessing them to multiply and fill the waters and the sky with life.
Day 6 - God created the animals to fill the earth. On day six, God also created man and woman (Adam and Eve) in his own image to commune with him. He blessed them and gave them every creature and the whole earth to rule over, care for, and cultivate.
Day 7 - God had finished his work of creation and so he rested on the seventh day, blessing it and making it holy.

There is absolutely no evidence to corroborate or support this theory. There are more questions than answers - however there is a distinct lack of will to try and find evidence to support this theory.

Then, consider the Atheist argument. Acclaimed and esteemed astrophysicists develop a theory as to the cause of all known life, and everything around us. Notices there is a correlation between molecules seen on Earth as that from space (meteorite and asteroid fragments). It is soon established there is also a link between the radiation we're seeing from space, and multiple other avenues of science intertwine. Even hobbyist astronomers can notice correlations. As such, these theories are put to the test. - with the possibility of a master or elementary molecule being proposed - a particle where all others originate. This particle is known as the Higgs-Boson.
Then skip forward to 4 July 2012, to the CERN facility, where the Higgs-Boson particle was created artificially - confirming the basis behind the Big Bang theory.

Now considering the above theories, which one do you think realistically holds more weight? This is what the atheists cause is - the progression of mans knowledge, not the institutionalised retardation of our natural curiosity - to question everything around us and find an answer.

What would have happened if man had discovered fire, before deciding this was an abomination of god?

And your last comment about man using the same science to create atom bombs. Given our current capabilities, scientifically and knowledgeably, we can give life and take away, we can destroy and rebuild anew - doesn't this make us gods too when adhering to the religious 'god' code?

If you look at those seven days as an entity, it sounds like the big bang theory but over a much shorter period. Perhaps the people who told the story which led it to being the creation had an elaborate way of explaining this theory.
The fact that the big bang theory is labelled a theory does highlight that it is just a that and it gives theologians an opportunity to question the above as if the universe was created ex nihilo then what was before.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:01 - Jul 13 with 1109 viewsCygnus

So what if you believe in life after death

Does that make you religious or not?
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:08 - Jul 13 with 1101 viewsepaul

Adam and Eve had 2 sons....think about it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:19 - Jul 13 with 1094 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 23:08 - Jul 13 by epaul

Adam and Eve had 2 sons....think about it

one was a banker and the other was a Polish immigrant

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024